Interesting comment from Tomac

SWOHIO GUY
10/15/2018 7:26am
I wonder if he is saying he will be doing MXofN in the future or if trying the GP's is a real thing. Comment Below from Racer X

Lest you think the million dollars has healed all wounds from last weekend for Tomac, don't worry, his heart is in the right place. "Last week is still in my head and in my mind, it’s still bugging me and bugging us," said Tomac. "I know we're better than what we finished, but that's racing. I think it probably added three years to my career because I want to go over there and get some revenge on those guys. But overall, though, we did just get straight-up beat."

|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
10/15/2018 7:27am
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
I wonder if he is saying he will be doing MXofN in the future or if trying the GP's is a real thing. Comment Below from...
I wonder if he is saying he will be doing MXofN in the future or if trying the GP's is a real thing. Comment Below from Racer X

Lest you think the million dollars has healed all wounds from last weekend for Tomac, don't worry, his heart is in the right place. "Last week is still in my head and in my mind, it’s still bugging me and bugging us," said Tomac. "I know we're better than what we finished, but that's racing. I think it probably added three years to my career because I want to go over there and get some revenge on those guys. But overall, though, we did just get straight-up beat."

Hmmm... I guess we will find out!
DPR250R
10/15/2018 7:47am
That is the way I have been taking his comments. (He is pissed they lost and wants the GP guys to line up at MEC or A1 to take another crack at them but knows it won’t happen).

I hope it happens (ET keeping at trying for the MXoN cup and over for a go at the GPs), tall order to go to their house and be competitive but it would be amazing to watch.
kb228
10/15/2018 7:48am Edited Date/Time 10/15/2018 7:54am
He knows he can run with herlings and the rest of the field. He already has dominated them in the past. If he can motivate himself by stomping his foot down on everyone and wants to extend his career thats great. Im tired of seeing stars quit 4 years into their dominance
slipdog
10/15/2018 7:50am
All 3 rode like crap at MXdN. He knows he's better than that and want's to prove it, good for him! The US has been known to talk shit when we're on top so until then the US can take their lumps like big boys... NBD

The Shop

Moto96
10/15/2018 7:51am
Herlings response to that: "Send me location" "I'm gonna smash your boy"

ATKpilot99
10/15/2018 7:53am
It sounds good . We'll see if that feeling fades over time.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
10/15/2018 8:33am
IF he does it I hope he does it properly and go over there half a year early to get used to everything.
That guy can be anyone if he's on it
JWACK
10/15/2018 8:39am
Moto96 wrote:

A1?
wavslide1
10/15/2018 8:40am
The only way to justify that Eli can run with the GP guys is to beat them on their turf. SX is not MX, and would prove virtually nothing to race SX.
10/15/2018 8:48am
Moto96 wrote:

JWACK wrote:
A1?
JH Doesn't race SX............... Eli races MX and SX he just isn't as good as JH in MX maybe if he focused solely on MX I am sure he could be at his level but why take a pay cut?
brocster
10/15/2018 8:58am
Moto96 wrote:

JWACK wrote:
A1?
526 wrote:
JH Doesn't race SX............... Eli races MX and SX he just isn't as good as JH in MX maybe if he focused solely on MX I...
JH Doesn't race SX............... Eli races MX and SX he just isn't as good as JH in MX maybe if he focused solely on MX I am sure he could be at his level but why take a pay cut?
Wrong! Tomac races MX for 6 months or less and is as good as any GP rider. It has been proven in the past. Last MXON weekend not so much. Lets not forget HOF handled Herlings for the weekend as well.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2889th
10/15/2018 9:12am
DPR250R wrote:
That is the way I have been taking his comments. (He is pissed they lost and wants the GP guys to line up at MEC or...
That is the way I have been taking his comments. (He is pissed they lost and wants the GP guys to line up at MEC or A1 to take another crack at them but knows it won’t happen).

I hope it happens (ET keeping at trying for the MXoN cup and over for a go at the GPs), tall order to go to their house and be competitive but it would be amazing to watch.
I would hate if Tomac took a year away from SX/MX to race MXGP. Because one thing that Eli gives us is exciting racing.

But, on the other hand, I would like to see him go try MXGP in his prime, just to see where he stacks up against those guys.
4DAIVIPAI2K5
10/15/2018 9:43am
I could 100% get behind Eli making a run at MXGP after winning the SX an MX titles this year.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
679th
10/15/2018 9:51am
I was a little shell-shocked to hear something other than the usual comments in the MEC press conference and had to hit rewind to listen again. It would be friggin awesome for any top American to seriously take a run at MXGP. As ET said, 3 years to career - acknowledging that it's not going to be "one and done" if it happens at all.

Sidenote and other bias: I remember when MXA used to bag on Thomas Covington for going overseas instead of racing the nationals - now we are welcoming him back after successful MX2 campaigns. Go figure and good for TC.

Any American that steps out of their comfort zone to give MXGP (or Euro to AMA SX/MX) a serious shot is worth supporting.
keinz
10/15/2018 10:00am
And when it was? (when MXA used to bag on Thomas Covington) link please.
We are very happy, when another American youngster gives it to try, and it's going to be always like that. They are always more than welcome
early
Fantasy
2139th
10/15/2018 10:03am
Moto96 wrote:
On Autoweek: https://autoweek.com/article/other-motorsports/questions-linger-eli-tomac-wins-2018-monster-energy-cup-las-vegas#ixzz5U1Gl7R1H After the race someone asked Tomac how much of the million dollars he was going to give to Savatgy. “No comment,” Tomac said...
On Autoweek:

https://autoweek.com/article/other-motorsports/questions-linger-eli-tom…

After the race someone asked Tomac how much of the million dollars he was going to give to Savatgy.

“No comment,” Tomac said without irony or facial expression.

Read more: https://autoweek.com/article/other-motorsports/questions-linger-eli-tom…
What does that have to do with the comment that is the topic of this thread?
Lightning78
10/15/2018 10:05am
Dude ....seriously wtf is wrong with some of you guys saying Herlings or any other GP guy should line up for A1 or ANY other sx race for that matter?.......Even the "It would be cool to see JH84 at Daytona" thread.

That is the most lopsided argument you could ever make. Herlings may know how to ride SX but for sure he's not as sharp and able to push the limits like even a 10th place guy in SX would.

The ONLY this both top guys (ET3 and JH84) have in a common equally matched skill set IS Motocross and the ONLY solution to settling this debate over who is better or who is the fastest is for Herlings to commit to the US MX series or Tomac commit to the MXGP series for a year and as fans, hope neither has an injury or a mechanical during the season. That would be as straight up as it can get.

This whole notion of having Herlings come race SX is as dumb as it gets....he would have a lot to catch up on to be able to compete for wins and I doubt you'd find anyone that wouldnt agree with that part.
kb228
10/15/2018 10:37am
Dude ....seriously wtf is wrong with some of you guys saying Herlings or any other GP guy should line up for A1 or ANY other sx...
Dude ....seriously wtf is wrong with some of you guys saying Herlings or any other GP guy should line up for A1 or ANY other sx race for that matter?.......Even the "It would be cool to see JH84 at Daytona" thread.

That is the most lopsided argument you could ever make. Herlings may know how to ride SX but for sure he's not as sharp and able to push the limits like even a 10th place guy in SX would.

The ONLY this both top guys (ET3 and JH84) have in a common equally matched skill set IS Motocross and the ONLY solution to settling this debate over who is better or who is the fastest is for Herlings to commit to the US MX series or Tomac commit to the MXGP series for a year and as fans, hope neither has an injury or a mechanical during the season. That would be as straight up as it can get.

This whole notion of having Herlings come race SX is as dumb as it gets....he would have a lot to catch up on to be able to compete for wins and I doubt you'd find anyone that wouldnt agree with that part.
False. Herlings needs to commit to a full year of sx and moto. If were picking the thing herlings is only good at, then we need to pick the thing tomac is good at too.
10/15/2018 10:41am Edited Date/Time 10/15/2018 10:51am

would love to see it happen , l doubt it will ever happen.

lets see if he lines up at Assen for MXON ... i doubt that will happen

if he would come and race MXGP he has to go for at least 2 years to give it a fair shot
what if he lost 16 of the 20 races against Herlings first season ? you think he would stay ?
Moto96
10/15/2018 10:55am
Moto96 wrote:
On Autoweek: https://autoweek.com/article/other-motorsports/questions-linger-eli-tomac-wins-2018-monster-energy-cup-las-vegas#ixzz5U1Gl7R1H After the race someone asked Tomac how much of the million dollars he was going to give to Savatgy. “No comment,” Tomac said...
On Autoweek:

After the race someone asked Tomac how much of the million dollars he was going to give to Savatgy.

Read more: https://autoweek.com/article/other-motorsports/questions-linger-eli-tom…
early wrote:
Do you even read thread titles?
early
Fantasy
2139th
10/15/2018 10:58am
Moto96 wrote:
On Autoweek:

early wrote:
Moto96 wrote:
Do you even read the first post?
Donovan759
10/15/2018 11:08am
early wrote:
Moto96 wrote:
early wrote:
Do you even read the first post?
Do you even read, bro?
chrisg19
Fantasy
4327th
10/15/2018 11:24am
kb228 wrote:
False. Herlings needs to commit to a full year of sx and moto. If were picking the thing herlings is only good at, then we need...
False. Herlings needs to commit to a full year of sx and moto. If were picking the thing herlings is only good at, then we need to pick the thing tomac is good at too.
But that’s just it, Herlings never said he was the best at SX and MX. He just said he was the fastest man on the planet at MX. And saying he needs to ride SX isn’t really fair. Tomac and all the other AMA guys have been riding SX for years, honing their skil. Tomac has also been riding MX for years honing his skills there too. There is no question Tomac could beat Herlings on a SX track, Herlings never trained for that. BUT, Tomac has trained for MX, and is the current AMA 2X champ. On a track he has raced many years in a row, he couldn’t get by Tommy Searle, forget getting close enough to Herlings to mount a challenge. It sucks, but we got out asses handed to us on home soil. Tomac is an absolute beast, but right now, I think Herlings, and probably a few others are just better outdoors.
10/15/2018 11:29am
Dude ....seriously wtf is wrong with some of you guys saying Herlings or any other GP guy should line up for A1 or ANY other sx...

Exactly Correct !!!!!! This Guy Gets It
HusqFan3
10/15/2018 12:12pm
would love to see it happen , l doubt it will ever happen. lets see if he lines up at Assen for MXON ... i doubt...

would love to see it happen , l doubt it will ever happen.

lets see if he lines up at Assen for MXON ... i doubt that will happen

if he would come and race MXGP he has to go for at least 2 years to give it a fair shot
what if he lost 16 of the 20 races against Herlings first season ? you think he would stay ?
I interpreted his comment to mean he’s motivated to redeem himself/team at future MXoN’s, not that he’s considering racing the GP’s...

Just my 2 cents
Lucifa.
10/15/2018 12:22pm

Thats just it. The only guys saying that he should line up for a SX race are the butt hurt ones.

Their reasoning is the want all the cards stacked against Herlings so their "boy" can beat him and make them feel better with in themselves.

They want an AMA SX champ to race Herlings that doesn't complete in that discipline.

It would be a hollow victory and even Tomac would laugh at the suggestion.

ga_pike
10/15/2018 12:29pm Edited Date/Time 10/15/2018 12:31pm
So... Let's say Tomac goes out and wins both the SX and MX titles this year. Then decides to go race MXGP. That would leave the door open for JS17 and AC92 on Kawi 450 in 2020 right? Sure seems like the cards falling in the right place for something just like that to happen.

Either that or we have Herlings vs Tomac in a mountain bike race for all the marbles!
Rs444
10/15/2018 12:44pm
kb228 wrote:
He knows he can run with herlings and the rest of the field. He already has dominated them in the past. If he can motivate himself...
He knows he can run with herlings and the rest of the field. He already has dominated them in the past. If he can motivate himself by stomping his foot down on everyone and wants to extend his career thats great. Im tired of seeing stars quit 4 years into their dominance
Has he?. You know tc was injured when they raced both 2015 and 16 right, man he even lost the Championships both 15 and 16 because of that. Ju should keep in mind also that tomac didnt win any of the 4 motos he have raced against the gp dudes in europe, the only ones he have won is on his home turf as well. No excuses just pure facts and i would love to see him in the gp's racing the premier championship and im sure he would be a serious threath for the title after a season or so.

Post a reply to: Interesting comment from Tomac

The Latest