Interesting, and Exciting Dungey Interview

Camp332
Edited Date/Time 2/15/2016 10:48am
Good job GuyB on this:
http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/Ryan-Dungey-San-Diego-2-Video-I-think-this-track-brought-out-the-worst-in-all-of-our-bikes,13108/ML512,13480

Couple of points brought up I'm looking forward to seeing in the future are
1- Heart rates of riders on the Supercross broadcasts
2- G-Forces riders and bikes deal with throughout the races

not to be all dorked out on this, but I feel showing the rider's physical data will pique the interest of new fans.
|
c_dub
2/14/2016 8:53pm Edited Date/Time 2/14/2016 8:55pm
Camp332 wrote:
Good job GuyB on this: [url=http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/Ryan-Dungey-San-Diego-2-Video-I-think-this-track-brought-out-the-worst-in-all-of-our-bikes,13108/ML512,13480]http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/Ryan-Dungey-San-Diego-2-Video-I-think-this-track-brought-out-the-worst-in-all-of-our-bikes,13108/ML512,13480[/url] Couple of points brought up I'm looking forward to seeing in the future are 1- Heart rates of riders on...
Good job GuyB on this:
http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/Ryan-Dungey-San-Diego-2-Video-I-think-this-track-brought-out-the-worst-in-all-of-our-bikes,13108/ML512,13480

not to be all dorked out on this, but I feel showing the rider's physical data will pique the interest of new fans.
Pique Wink

I'm all for showing the heart rates. We're always explaining to people what incredible athletes these guys are. Having those would instantly validate, in real time, what we're talking about.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/14/2016 8:59pm
Thanks. Tag team effort. I did the chat with him, and ML put it together to post last night.
kiwifan
2/14/2016 9:16pm
Awesome video, already a massive fan of RD...very cool interview
jeffro503
2/14/2016 9:28pm
That was extremely cool! Can't wait to see what lit-pro can bring to the table as far as heart rate's and speed on the track....pretty damn cool. Thanks Steve , Michael and Vital!

The Shop

davistld01
2/14/2016 9:36pm Edited Date/Time 2/14/2016 9:37pm
Dungey's one of the most, if not the most articulate riders when he's being interviewed. Very professional, but relaxed.

Good job, GuyB & Michael.
jemcee
2/15/2016 12:06am
Was definitely very cool!
Was laughing at him answering Guyb's heart rate question.. You could see him looking at Aldon "ah 165-170?" haha

Also I fully cracked up at Cudby @ 3:40.. He goes 'oh I might take a photo of Ryan actually nah I'll turn around and take a photo of Lindsay' good call Simon haha I think she's incredible
MR. X
2/15/2016 2:44am
That was RAD ! I think the mental break down of the first corner and how fast they have to think about where they go and figure out who is going where is so impressive .
Crush
2/15/2016 3:12am
Two things.

Dungey has grown up. He still had a few mind pumps but talked his way through that interview like he actually was thinking instead of panicking.

Data would be cool - but then again as we saw almost all the data would be really bloody similar as they just follow each other around...
MR. X
2/15/2016 3:47am
Also looking back ,Roger was saying a couple years ago that Dungey was capable of riding like he currently is . I thought it was just him being a good team player and talking up his guy but he knew it all along ,Roger truly is THE MAN.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/15/2016 3:57am
Crush wrote:
Two things. Dungey has grown up. He still had a few mind pumps but talked his way through that interview like he actually was thinking instead...
Two things.

Dungey has grown up. He still had a few mind pumps but talked his way through that interview like he actually was thinking instead of panicking.

Data would be cool - but then again as we saw almost all the data would be really bloody similar as they just follow each other around...
Being at the race, I'm not sure I saw anyone just following each other around.
Crush
2/15/2016 3:58am
GuyB wrote:
Being at the race, I'm not sure I saw anyone just following each other around.
Not a lot of passing going on bro. Check the threads of everyone going mental waiting for a pass. If it wasn't for Anderson there might not have been anything to watch all night.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/15/2016 4:04am
I guess it's the difference between what you're watching on TV (I rarely watch the races afterwards, so I don't know what they were showing), and what you're seeing by being there. Watching Roczen, Tomac, and Canard go at it was pretty good, and those guys were flying.
Motofinne
2/15/2016 4:07am
Very good interview. Dungey deserves all the success that he and the team is having at the moment! Such a nice person and a good ambassador for the sport.
hellion
2/15/2016 4:50am
Have we ever seen a rider get this much better this late into his career? Truly an amazing evolution. This interview provides a glimpse into why it is possible. It's because aside from his talent, he is really, really smart and has surrounded himself with really smart and driven people.

GuyB, thanks for that interview. I always found the Dunge rather bland and wasn't a huge fan. That has changed for me as we get to see more into his life and how he goes about his business. He's a great role model and seems like he'd actually be pretty cool guy to hang out with. Aside from hoping for the rare 22 or 7 win I find myself rooting for the 5 the most.
Flip109
2/15/2016 5:09am
Finally got to watch it. Really cool.
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
2/15/2016 5:34am
that data on screen would be awesome. we all know how its a fools journey to try an explain the physical side of racing.
tv angles would help,sound,etc. tv can make it look slow. a guy at a local track had one on and it showed we were going 53+mph over a jump in a race together. i was surprised at the numbers and i am old and slow,lol.
thx guyb and ryan is hard to beat on or off the track.
Camp332
2/15/2016 5:39am
Camp332 wrote:
Good job GuyB on this: [url=http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/Ryan-Dungey-San-Diego-2-Video-I-think-this-track-brought-out-the-worst-in-all-of-our-bikes,13108/ML512,13480]http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/Ryan-Dungey-San-Diego-2-Video-I-think-this-track-brought-out-the-worst-in-all-of-our-bikes,13108/ML512,13480[/url] Couple of points brought up I'm looking forward to seeing in the future are 1- Heart rates of riders on...
Good job GuyB on this:

c_dub wrote:
Pique ;) I'm all for showing the heart rates. We're always explaining to people what incredible athletes these guys are. Having those would instantly validate, in...
Pique Wink

I'm all for showing the heart rates. We're always explaining to people what incredible athletes these guys are. Having those would instantly validate, in real time, what we're talking about.
Thanks for the grammar correction. First time writing "pique" in all my life.

In reference to showing data during the broadcasts, the more the better!

When Formula 1 shows rpm's, speed, g-force, gear changes, etc.. I soak that shit up!
newmann
2/15/2016 6:00am
Seems someone suggested this years ago. That dude must be able to predict the future. Whistling

Of course this info has been scrolling the screen of the Tour de France and F1 races for the past decade.
2/15/2016 6:04am
Man Ktm seems like such a great team to ride for! Dung gives the same vibes as Barcia and JGR. Great interview Guy-b, thanks!
2/15/2016 8:00am
Great interview GuyB! Unreal how open he was. It would be great to see more of those type of interviews in the future.
keith101
2/15/2016 8:02am
Camp332 wrote:
Good job GuyB on this:

c_dub wrote:
Pique ;) I'm all for showing the heart rates. We're always explaining to people what incredible athletes these guys are. Having those would instantly validate, in...
Pique Wink

Camp332 wrote:
Thanks for the grammar correction. First time writing "pique" in all my life. In reference to showing data during the broadcasts, the more the better! When...
Thanks for the grammar correction. First time writing "pique" in all my life.

In reference to showing data during the broadcasts, the more the better!

When Formula 1 shows rpm's, speed, g-force, gear changes, etc.. I soak that shit up!
I honestly don't think showing rider bio-metrics will resonate with viewers at at all. I used to feel the opposite, but now that I maintain my own data, honestly, it's too ADD to follow.

Seeing G-Data, HR, etc will be cool to see for about 5 seconds as it take your eyes off the racing. Having G-data is meaningless as much as distance, speed etc....Maybe if Shaheen tries to sensationalize a data point, but HR varies by rider, so that's not gonna offer much excitement for comparison purposes. Maybe seeing how fast they go on the start might be interesting, but I'm just not seeing the appeal.

Case in point, see this Litpro vid with the data you would see on TV........BORING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT1Mr_01Bfs

huck
2/15/2016 8:03am
Great interview. It was funny when the dozer started coming in...Dungey looked over his shoulder and that was the end of the interview.

He's a great ambassador for our sport.
AzTrooper
2/15/2016 8:11am
That was one of the best if not the best interview I have seen. Thanks !
John
Camp332
2/15/2016 8:54am
keith101 wrote:
I honestly don't think showing rider bio-metrics will resonate with viewers at at all. I used to feel the opposite, but now that I maintain my...
I honestly don't think showing rider bio-metrics will resonate with viewers at at all. I used to feel the opposite, but now that I maintain my own data, honestly, it's too ADD to follow.

Seeing G-Data, HR, etc will be cool to see for about 5 seconds as it take your eyes off the racing. Having G-data is meaningless as much as distance, speed etc....Maybe if Shaheen tries to sensationalize a data point, but HR varies by rider, so that's not gonna offer much excitement for comparison purposes. Maybe seeing how fast they go on the start might be interesting, but I'm just not seeing the appeal.

Case in point, see this Litpro vid with the data you would see on TV........BORING.

I think seeing the rider's HR a minute before gate drop would be cool. Then at the 5 minute into the race mark. Final lap mark etc...

The past several years fitness and the metrics behind it all have me geeked bro.

Comparing the leader's speed through the whoops to guy's in 20th place is one of many comparisons I would like to see as well.
keith101
2/15/2016 9:05am
keith101 wrote:
I honestly don't think showing rider bio-metrics will resonate with viewers at at all. I used to feel the opposite, but now that I maintain my...

Camp332 wrote:
I think seeing the rider's HR a minute before gate drop would be cool. Then at the 5 minute into the race mark. Final lap mark...
I think seeing the rider's HR a minute before gate drop would be cool. Then at the 5 minute into the race mark. Final lap mark etc...

The past several years fitness and the metrics behind it all have me geeked bro.

Comparing the leader's speed through the whoops to guy's in 20th place is one of many comparisons I would like to see as well.
I agree with you. I think spot checks of this sort of data may be the only way to make it appealing as too much of it will bore the crap out of the audience I'm afraid. I know I can only handle so much of my own personal data. If they manage it properly and decide what to focus on vs just showing raw data, it might be interesting.

It really depends on how much thought they put into it and how to work it into the broadcast. That will be the most difficult part of the equation.

Maybe on the starting line, 1st lap, midpoint of race and in the heat of the battle checkpoints might work. I just feel that too much data can ruin it for viewers.
Camp332
2/15/2016 9:14am
keith101 wrote:
I agree with you. I think spot checks of this sort of data may be the only way to make it appealing as too much of...
I agree with you. I think spot checks of this sort of data may be the only way to make it appealing as too much of it will bore the crap out of the audience I'm afraid. I know I can only handle so much of my own personal data. If they manage it properly and decide what to focus on vs just showing raw data, it might be interesting.

It really depends on how much thought they put into it and how to work it into the broadcast. That will be the most difficult part of the equation.

Maybe on the starting line, 1st lap, midpoint of race and in the heat of the battle checkpoints might work. I just feel that too much data can ruin it for viewers.
Yup, spot checking the data sounds good!
kijen
2/15/2016 10:34am
He is killing it now, IT would be great if RV was still racing, it may have been like 7 vs. 4 a few years ago. Watching Dungey ride, he seems technically perfect, very rare the bike looks unsettled or he miss times a section. So I wonder how much better some of these other guys could be if they were dedicated 100%
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/15/2016 10:45am
huck wrote:
Great interview. It was funny when the dozer started coming in...Dungey looked over his shoulder and that was the end of the interview. He's a great...
Great interview. It was funny when the dozer started coming in...Dungey looked over his shoulder and that was the end of the interview.

He's a great ambassador for our sport.
There is no grass growing under the crew's feet on tear-down after the race.

Post a reply to: Interesting, and Exciting Dungey Interview

The Latest