Intense Tazer MX inspired E-bike

Flipsid33
Edited Date/Time 11/30/2020 2:07pm
They are just about to land here in the states. I'm getting a bike right away.

Does anyone have any feedback on them yet? What's good or bad.

Everything I have heard so far is they are pretty awesome.
|
moto0852
9/10/2020 10:59am
Make sure you want an "MX" or downhill MTB style ride first before you buy. It's got beefed up forks, shock and triple clamps which I don't really care about. They are heaver than the current Tazer Pro I have and my setup is great. the big deal is the new motor. Smaller, lighter and way more torque however, the new Tazer Pros will be coming with the new motor as well and are 1k cheaper. I love, love, love my Tazer Pro
Motofinne
9/10/2020 11:02am Edited Date/Time 9/10/2020 11:19am
It's a really weird bike. Dual crown fork with only 170mm of travel? And the whole bike looks heavy/bulky.

The Shop

Flipsid33
9/10/2020 11:05am
Vital MTB site..
Not too much there.

Mostly just complaining about the powersports dealers selling bikes.

There's been push back from the bike dealers with ebikes. So now they move into a cross-over market and they still complain.

I'm really just looking for the goods on how the bike is. I'll let you know and check out the Mathes podcast.
9/10/2020 11:11am
I'm having a hard time seeing the real benefit of this bike. Yeah, its "cool"..but so was a Cannondale dirt bike...err. Maybe it was cool at some point in time.

Tazer Pro seems to be the right choice.
Flipsid33
9/10/2020 11:35am
I'm hearing that this Pro model has a whole new motor that will be best in class. Looking for information still.
Flipsid33
9/10/2020 11:42am
Shimano EP8 Details

• 85nM torque
• 500W maximum power output
• Magnesium drive unit case
• Weight: 2.6 kg
• 36% reduction in drag compared to previous version
• New assist algorithm.

20% more power!
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
9/10/2020 11:44am
It's a cool bike and has some cool parts on it. But there are other great options out there as well.

I listened to Pulps review on it and they are doing some new things on this bike like custom graphics kits to match your moto bike, front number plate. Definitely geared toward the moto community than MTB. But it's a cool foot in the door to the MTB scene.
9/10/2020 12:31pm
crowe660 wrote:
Prices on these things are asinine.
No kidding. Why not just buy a motorcycle.
Motofinne
9/10/2020 12:50pm
It's a cool bike and has some cool parts on it. But there are other great options out there as well. I listened to Pulps review...
It's a cool bike and has some cool parts on it. But there are other great options out there as well.

I listened to Pulps review on it and they are doing some new things on this bike like custom graphics kits to match your moto bike, front number plate. Definitely geared toward the moto community than MTB. But it's a cool foot in the door to the MTB scene.
Lets be honest. It is a bike for moto people that doesn't know better, wants to try an ebike and have some extra cash burning in the bank account.
JMR1976
9/10/2020 12:51pm
Love my Tazer it’s a really good bike loves the steeps and jumps well too!
moto0852
9/10/2020 2:23pm
crowe660 wrote:
1911 wrote:
Your just comparing pricing, not features and use. That's like comparing a surf ski boat that's 200k with a Ferrari that's 200k They both do different things.
dgmx
9/10/2020 2:37pm
moto0852 wrote:
Make sure you want an "MX" or downhill MTB style ride first before you buy. It's got beefed up forks, shock and triple clamps which I...
Make sure you want an "MX" or downhill MTB style ride first before you buy. It's got beefed up forks, shock and triple clamps which I don't really care about. They are heaver than the current Tazer Pro I have and my setup is great. the big deal is the new motor. Smaller, lighter and way more torque however, the new Tazer Pros will be coming with the new motor as well and are 1k cheaper. I love, love, love my Tazer Pro
Corner canyon?
9/10/2020 2:47pm
crowe660 wrote:
1911 wrote:
I can’t speak for everybody, but the best trails in Florida (dirtbike or bicycle) are on previously mined land that is now state/county/city parks, and you cannot ride a motorcycle there, so E-bike is next best thing.
Flipsid33
9/10/2020 4:27pm
crowe660 wrote:
1911 wrote:
I can’t speak for everybody, but the best trails in Florida (dirtbike or bicycle) are on previously mined land that is now state/county/city parks, and you...
I can’t speak for everybody, but the best trails in Florida (dirtbike or bicycle) are on previously mined land that is now state/county/city parks, and you cannot ride a motorcycle there, so E-bike is next best thing.
This has a huge part for me. I pedal and love it. There's a lot of area where we used to get to moto now it's a bust. E-bike is the next best thing.
BroFoSho
9/10/2020 5:02pm
Motofinne wrote:
Lets be honest. It is a bike for moto people that doesn't know better, wants to try an ebike and have some extra cash burning in...
Lets be honest. It is a bike for moto people that doesn't know better, wants to try an ebike and have some extra cash burning in the bank account.
Bingo. When you look at the specs and stats for the bike... it doesn't really fit into a category.
It's got the geometry and specs similar to a downhill bike
But then a seat tube angle and pedal assist motor of an enduro bike

Maybe the train of thought is: "Fuck it. I have a pedal assist bike. Who cares if it weighs 50 lbs, is super squishy, and is slacked out like a chopper? I'll still make it to the top of the hill and have enough energy to enjoy the downhill"
Flipsid33
9/10/2020 6:05pm
Motofinne wrote:
Lets be honest. It is a bike for moto people that doesn't know better, wants to try an ebike and have some extra cash burning in...
BroFoSho wrote:
Bingo. When you look at the specs and stats for the bike... it doesn't really fit into a category. It's got the geometry and specs similar...
Bingo. When you look at the specs and stats for the bike... it doesn't really fit into a category.
It's got the geometry and specs similar to a downhill bike
But then a seat tube angle and pedal assist motor of an enduro bike

Maybe the train of thought is: "Fuck it. I have a pedal assist bike. Who cares if it weighs 50 lbs, is super squishy, and is slacked out like a chopper? I'll still make it to the top of the hill and have enough energy to enjoy the downhill"
In the VitalMTB some of the guys were like finally an E-Bike with dual crown. They all should have them.
Timo_2824
9/10/2020 6:21pm
Flipsid33 wrote:
In the VitalMTB some of the guys were like finally an E-Bike with dual crown. They all should have them.
I've read reviews that also say e bikes should have dual crowns to help reduce fork flex.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
9/10/2020 8:47pm
Flipsid33 wrote:
Timo_2824 wrote:
I've read reviews that also say e bikes should have dual crowns to help reduce fork flex.
I think the Fox 36 forks are plenty stiff. They actually make an eBike spec that is stiffer also. Fox has a 38mm fork that would work well on the eBikes if you feel its needed.

In my opinion a 170mm triple clamp makes no sense on a bike that only has 160mm rear travel. I ride trails with tight switchbacks and you'd never be able to make the turn with a triple clamp fork.

But like stated above, the bike is for the moto market, it looks cool, rowdy and fun. I can be a great foot in the door to get new riders hooked on the eMTB scene. I got an eMTB a few months ago and its the most fun i've had on a mtn bike in 10 years.

JMR1976
9/10/2020 9:34pm
I think the Fox 36 forks are plenty stiff. They actually make an eBike spec that is stiffer also. Fox has a 38mm fork that would...
I think the Fox 36 forks are plenty stiff. They actually make an eBike spec that is stiffer also. Fox has a 38mm fork that would work well on the eBikes if you feel its needed.

In my opinion a 170mm triple clamp makes no sense on a bike that only has 160mm rear travel. I ride trails with tight switchbacks and you'd never be able to make the turn with a triple clamp fork.

But like stated above, the bike is for the moto market, it looks cool, rowdy and fun. I can be a great foot in the door to get new riders hooked on the eMTB scene. I got an eMTB a few months ago and its the most fun i've had on a mtn bike in 10 years.

The triple crown only effects the geometry because it’s 170mm vs 160mm. So it will be slacker. I have a regular Tazer and I plan on go to 170 for the steeper faster sections. I have a 2021 Transition Sentinel and the Tazer works almost as good on the jumps and the gnarly stuff.
9/10/2020 9:45pm
Ebikes definitely dont do what true enduro or DH bikes can do. Too bulky for tech stuff.
They can plow shit but the rims, tires and forks dont like it.
I do like them but this bike is weird. On a downhill run the motors out of range. 40-50mph on a fast run.

JMR1976
9/10/2020 9:49pm
Ebikes definitely dont do what true enduro or DH bikes can do. Too bulky for tech stuff. They can plow shit but the rims, tires and...
Ebikes definitely dont do what true enduro or DH bikes can do. Too bulky for tech stuff.
I do like them but this bike is weird. On a downhill run the motors out of range. 40-50mph on a fast run.

How often do you go over 40mph?
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1666th
9/10/2020 10:09pm Edited Date/Time 9/10/2020 10:10pm
Don't knock it til you try it!

The DH model would not be good for all round. I ride DH MTB. Think of a DH E-bike as a downhill only bike that you can shuttle back up to the top say on an easy trail or dirt road and then mash downhill.

Otherwise, get the trail E-bike version if you are looking for an all-mountain climber and good on moderate downhill riding. It makes MTB more fun for people. This is also helpful with people that maybe have injuries or just breathing issues to do non-assisted climb as well.
9/10/2020 10:18pm
Ebikes definitely dont do what true enduro or DH bikes can do. Too bulky for tech stuff. They can plow shit but the rims, tires and...

JMR1976 wrote:
How often do you go over 40mph?
On a DH run at a bike park often.
Crush
9/10/2020 11:31pm
Things to consider – 

Ohlins MTB is not like Ohlins moto... they're licensed products I believe, their normal single crown forks aren't great but haven't experienced the triple... and if you're heavy/fast, unless they've done some work on that shock I thought it was ordinary, changed to Cane Creek.

If you have switchbacks, that fork is also gonna be a PITA.

And – my next ebike will be one that has a battery extender on it... 1000wh for 5 hour turbo rides!

Post a reply to: Intense Tazer MX inspired E-bike

The Latest