Insurance question

So I just bought my first new bike in a long time yesterday, a 2016 RM-Z250. I live in a really rural area and theft really isn't a big deal around here, but seeing some of the shit on here I think I should get insurance to cover it just to be safe. Any advice on the best options to cover theft? Thanks!
|
2/26/2017 8:17am
Check with your insurance agent , make sure it is covered if something happens to the bike going to and from the track and even at the track.
mxb2
2/26/2017 8:21am
Check with your insurance agent , make sure it is covered if something happens to the bike going to and from the track and even at...
Check with your insurance agent , make sure it is covered if something happens to the bike going to and from the track and even at the track.
X2,. Get insurance. Old saying goes if you can't afford to lose it, insure it.

The Shop

neysbo
2/26/2017 9:20am
TripleFive wrote:
Does insurance apply if your bike gets stoled?
NO....insurance is not for if it gets stoled....it's in case you break plastics, bend a gear shifter...that sore of stuff.
Depends on what coverage you buy,most cover theft.
racerx217
2/26/2017 9:20am
TripleFive wrote:
NO....insurance is not for if it gets stoled....it's in case you break plastics, bend a gear shifter...that sore of stuff.
Wow hopefully your not serious
2/26/2017 9:30am
I haven't bought a bike in a few years, but you don't even get a warranty with a competition mx bike ,is what I remember. And I thought medical insurance might not cover if you race? Like I said it's been a while
2/26/2017 9:30am
TripleFive wrote:
racerx217 wrote:
Wow hopefully your not serious
No...just playing along with TripleFive.
I think theft or catastrophic damage from falling out of the back of your truck at 80mph are the main reasons why we should purchase dirt bike insurance. Its relatively cheap. You can usually add your trailer to the same policy for very cheap. Be sure you document very carefully all of your "extras" on your bike...Take lots of pictures and keep receipts.
agency399
2/26/2017 9:53am
Main coverage parts very close to a personal auto policy. If you had a liability and comprehensive coverage on the bike it should be fairly inexpensive and the comp would provide coverage for fire, theft, animal hits ect. Check with progressive or gieco. A local agent should steer you right. (Be easier to get the comp if you take the liability). Should be $100 to $250 a year.
ferg722
2/26/2017 10:08am
Can you insure a bike not in your name? Title in hand?
Skidaddle
2/26/2017 10:09am
Check with your insurance agent , make sure it is covered if something happens to the bike going to and from the track and even at...
Insurance agents dont know what's covered in the event of a claim. Their job is to sell you a policy. Nothing further. They are sales people.
They WILL Say it's covered to sell a policy and give you piece of mind.

What you want to do is talk to an Underwriter, or better yet a claims adjuster to know what really is and isn't covered. A claims adjuster is the one who decides what you get, if anything at all, and what was covered and what is not, and where and when the policy is actually in effect.

APLMAN99
2/26/2017 10:46am
ferg722 wrote:
You have to have some sort of insurable interest to insure something.

If you have a loan on a bike, car, etc., technically you don't hold the title but you have an insurable interest.

If you have the title in hand, why not complete the transaction and become the legal owner?
2/26/2017 1:35pm
ferg722 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
You have to have some sort of insurable interest to insure something. If you have a loan on a bike, car, etc., technically you don't hold...
You have to have some sort of insurable interest to insure something.

If you have a loan on a bike, car, etc., technically you don't hold the title but you have an insurable interest.

If you have the title in hand, why not complete the transaction and become the legal owner?
I'm only guessing but maybe wants to avoid paying taxes ?
States are getting much more serious about collecting those taxes.

Post a reply to: Insurance question

The Latest