Instagram annoyance - why so many of these accounts?

adastramx
8/19/2018 7:39pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2018 4:38pm
What is with the multitude of Instagram accounts that seem to me "dirt bike" related, but I'm assuming they are only there to get a bunch of followers and somehow fish info from us? After the first few I didn't think much of it, but this is just a list from the past couple of months, there's no way all these accounts are just fans wanting to post (other peoples) cool pictures, there's got to be something up here right? I block these accounts now Immediately because it freaks me out. Again, this is probably just 3 months worth of blocked accounts before I got tired of typing them out:

motocross_vest
_motocross_today_
vintage.motocross
dbike_gear_
motocross_amazingg
rideverve
dbike.lifestyle
dbike.family
dbike.racing
dirtbikejump
biker.planet_
supercrosslove
motocross.world.lovers
dirbikedownhill
dbike_days_
dirtbikebooter
supercrossclub
motocross_l0ve
photos_motocrosslife
dbike_magazine
photos.motocross.for.life
stroke4everday
dirtbikewhoops
motocross_school
dbike_parts_
wheeliedailys
motocross.photoss
dirtybikeworld
dbike_awesome_
stroke4evertime
dirtbikedouble
dbike_forpresident_
photos_motocrosstraining

|
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/19/2018 7:48pm
I’ve been busy blocking all the dbike ones.
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
8/19/2018 8:23pm
What exactly are they doing? Stealing my crappy pictures?
8/19/2018 8:24pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2018 8:25pm
I don't understand the concern. You choose whom to follow and what content you see on Instagram. How hard is it to just ignore what are obviously garbage accounts?
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/19/2018 9:01pm
colintrax wrote:
No, stealing my crappy pictures.

The Shop

Sully
8/19/2018 9:10pm
colintrax wrote:
GuyB wrote:
No, stealing my crappy pictures.
At least you have legal recourse for anyone who steals your stuff. I've seen stuff I shot in the Navy for sale on eBay, or with Alamy Stock Photo's watermark plastered all over them, and there's nothing I can do about it, because they're public domain.
gnarwhip
8/19/2018 9:32pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2018 9:33pm
It’s because their Instagram pages have links to their websites where they sell goon sweatshirts for $50 that say stupid shit. Can’t blame their capitalism, but it’s so ridiculous that some of them have millions of followers and they’re probably cleaning up.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/19/2018 9:59pm
Sully wrote:
At least you have legal recourse for anyone who steals your stuff. I've seen stuff I shot in the Navy for sale on eBay, or with...
At least you have legal recourse for anyone who steals your stuff. I've seen stuff I shot in the Navy for sale on eBay, or with Alamy Stock Photo's watermark plastered all over them, and there's nothing I can do about it, because they're public domain.
I've had the same in the past. It's probably best that I don't look. Wink
Texas Built
8/20/2018 12:30am
They are just junk accounts trying to find MX fans to sell junk MX gear to. Think of them as .info websites.
steezenation
8/20/2018 1:38am
Motocross Vest is a legitimate company, lol. The rest are either teenagers who want a bunch of followers before they switch the account over to being personal or dudes who want to sell shirts.
Premix
8/20/2018 4:57am
Social Media is trash these days. Deleted everything but IG earlier this year and honestly its still a bit much.

If this tells you how bad the fake accounts were before they began going through and deleting them, KR94 had over 3 million followers, after IG went through and cleaned them up he's at 1.1 million, which is still the most of any moto rider ever.

mxrose3
Fantasy
853rd
8/20/2018 8:00am
I know a guy that started one of these Instagram sites with crash related video's and pics. He actually started getting free riding gear from a company when he hit a certain number of followers because he was advertising for them occasionally.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3807th
8/20/2018 8:02am
I get a request every single day from one of the stereotypical motocross instagram pages and I block all of them. I don't need @funmotocrossmemes following me.
8/20/2018 8:36am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2018 10:27am
adastramx wrote:
What is with the multitude of Instagram accounts that seem to me "dirt bike" related, but I'm assuming they are only there to get a bunch...
What is with the multitude of Instagram accounts that seem to me "dirt bike" related, but I'm assuming they are only there to get a bunch of followers and somehow fish info from us? After the first few I didn't think much of it, but this is just a list from the past couple of months, there's no way all these accounts are just fans wanting to post (other peoples) cool pictures, there's got to be something up here right? I block these accounts now Immediately because it freaks me out. Again, this is probably just 3 months worth of blocked accounts before I got tired of typing them out:

motocross_vest
_motocross_today_
vintage.motocross
dbike_gear_
motocross_amazingg
rideverve
dbike.lifestyle
dbike.family
dbike.racing
dirtbikejump
biker.planet_
supercrosslove
motocross.world.lovers
dirbikedownhill
dbike_days_
dirtbikebooter
supercrossclub
motocross_l0ve
photos_motocrosslife
dbike_magazine
stroke4everday
dirtbikewhoops
motocross_school
dbike_parts_
wheeliedailys
motocross.photoss
dirtybikeworld
dbike_awesome_
stroke4evertime
dirtbikedouble
dbike_forpresident_
photos_motocrosstraining

Glad we weren’t on that list! ? @DailyMotoMedia isn’t here to phish anyone’s info! Just want to share rad content
8/20/2018 8:39am
GuyB wrote:
I’ve been busy blocking all the dbike ones.
Glad we aren’t blocked! ??
Premix
8/20/2018 9:11am
adastramx wrote:
What is with the multitude of Instagram accounts that seem to me "dirt bike" related, but I'm assuming they are only there to get a bunch...

motocross_vest
_motocross_today_
vintage.motocross
dbike_gear_
motocross_amazingg
rideverve
dbike.lifestyle
dbike.family
dbike.racing
dirtbikejump
biker.planet_
supercrosslove
motocross.world.lovers
dirbikedownhill
dbike_days_
dirtbikebooter
supercrossclub
motocross_l0ve
photos_motocrosslife
dbike_magazine
stroke4everday
dirtbikewhoops
motocross_school
dbike_parts_
wheeliedailys
motocross.photoss
dirtybikeworld
dbike_awesome_
stroke4evertime
dirtbikedouble
dbike_forpresident_
photos_motocrosstraining

Glad we weren’t on that list! ? @DailyMotoMedia isn’t here to phish anyone’s info! Just want to share rad content
See here’s what’s wrong with social media in general. Your site isn’t bringing any new, meaningful, or breaking content. You’re literally just regurgitating info or posts, often times without the owners consent. IMHO sites like yours need to be taken down.
Marty1028
Fantasy
1394th
8/20/2018 11:01am
adastramx wrote:

motocross_vest
_motocross_today_
vintage.motocross
dbike_gear_
motocross_amazingg
rideverve
dbike.lifestyle
dbike.family
dbike.racing
dirtbikejump
biker.planet_
supercrosslove
motocross.world.lovers
dirbikedownhill
dbike_days_
dirtbikebooter
supercrossclub
motocross_l0ve
photos_motocrosslife
dbike_magazine
stroke4everday
dirtbikewhoops
motocross_school
dbike_parts_
wheeliedailys
motocross.photoss
dirtybikeworld
dbike_awesome_
stroke4evertime
dirtbikedouble
dbike_forpresident_
photos_motocrosstraining

Premix wrote:
See here’s what’s wrong with social media in general. Your site isn’t bringing any new, meaningful, or breaking content. You’re literally just regurgitating info or posts...
See here’s what’s wrong with social media in general. Your site isn’t bringing any new, meaningful, or breaking content. You’re literally just regurgitating info or posts, often times without the owners consent. IMHO sites like yours need to be taken down.
Agree, Same thing with MX fails and there annoying ass t shirts.
peelout
8/20/2018 11:57am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2018 11:57am
@buttsnorkeler is legit
8/20/2018 2:32pm
peelout wrote:
@buttsnorkeler is legit
All these haters probably will hate on that account too ?
Premix
8/20/2018 2:49pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2018 2:49pm
All these haters probably will hate on that account too ?
“Haters” ? Are you 12?

Take a look at IG’s User Agreement. My guess is you’ve never read it. Better yet, read the US Copyright law.

Simply put, all it would take to get rid of your account is for someone to file a DMCA takedown and IG would wipe you of the face of its platform. They don’t mess around with those.
peelout
8/20/2018 2:52pm
@pizzaandbootyy is another gem bro
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/20/2018 3:02pm
As irritating as it is sometimes when people "repurpose" our photos, they often make up for it by adding a filter to make them look worse.

Post a reply to: Instagram annoyance - why so many of these accounts?

The Latest