Inspiring Racer & Engineering.

Rupert X
Edited Date/Time 5/27/2020 10:48am
Met this gentleman at the 2014 Ironman LL Regional. Fascinating air-shifting mechanism . Just ran across my old pics and reminded me what a hardcore motocross racer looks like....

|
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
5/26/2020 9:53am
Thank you RupertX, I've seen a couple of these conversions in the past. Interesting indeed.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/26/2020 9:57am Edited Date/Time 5/26/2020 10:05am
Jim Wazny. He races Snocross as well.

He now runs the Moto-Knee prosthetic leg from BioDapt. A company owned by Mike Schultz, another adaptive athlete. The leg has mini Fox shocks in it. It's a pretty cool piece of hardware.

For anyone who has to wear a prosthetic, I'd suggest looking into them if you are looking to get active again.

Moto-Knee

Their Versa Foot

peltier626
5/26/2020 10:21am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Jim Wazny. He races Snocross as well. He now runs the Moto-Knee prosthetic leg from [url=https://www.biodaptinc.com/][b]BioDapt.[/b][/url] A company owned by Mike Schultz, another adaptive athlete. The...

He now runs the Moto-Knee prosthetic leg from BioDapt. A company owned by Mike Schultz, another adaptive athlete. The leg has mini Fox shocks in it. It's a pretty cool piece of hardware.

For anyone who has to wear a prosthetic, I'd suggest looking into them if you are looking to get active again.

Moto-Knee

Their Versa Foot

Impressive and inspiring!

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/26/2020 10:32am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Jim Wazny. He races Snocross as well. He now runs the Moto-Knee prosthetic leg from [url=https://www.biodaptinc.com/][b]BioDapt.[/b][/url] A company owned by Mike Schultz, another adaptive athlete. The...

Moto-Knee

Their Versa Foot

peltier626 wrote:
Impressive and inspiring!
Even more impressive is that Mike Schultz has no engineering background. There was nothing on the market that worked for his active lifestyle so he said fuck it, I'll just build it myself.

Now he's running a company and helping numerous people get back out there enjoying life in the outdoors. Whether that be moto, snowmobiling, snowboarding, wakeboarding, MTB, etc.

It's really amazing what people can do when they put their minds into it.
Hman144
Fantasy
714th
5/27/2020 10:48am
I want a picture of that dude photoshopped onto that Ribi-linked works CR. Which should be photoshopped onto an Aprilia truss frame. Ya, that's it.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
5/27/2020 2:32pm
I knew a guy with that same handicap who made some crazy mods to his CR250. He actually drilled a hole in his right-side engine case, put a seal in it, and ran the shift shaft out the right side so he could shift with his right foot. He moved the rear brake to a 2nd brake lever at the right hand and he pulled each one independently with two fingers. The dude still hauled ass!

Post a reply to: Inspiring Racer & Engineering.

The Latest