Innovative products for MX

Edited Date/Time 7/29/2019 12:58pm
Hello everybody,
here and there I've stumbled over products where I thought: "That's cool!".
Things that are cleverly constructed and might make your life easier.

For example this lay over stand:

There was also the story of the inventor here at vital:
https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/My-Story-Lay-Over-Stand,…

Or this quick release triangel stand:

Or even this adjustable stand:

Ok, maybe I'm a bit heavy on bike stands Whistling but do YOU have some products in you mind where you thought: "That's cool, that's something different!" ?
|
Spudnut
7/27/2019 8:17am
Slacker sag adjustment tool is sweet
FWYT
7/27/2019 10:03am
I always thought that damper thingie that mounted to the rear axle (Kyle Lewis ran one) was
an interesting idea. I heard it actually worked, just never caught on.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
7/27/2019 10:31am Edited Date/Time 7/27/2019 10:32am
Baja no pinch tire tool. I am a pro like most at changing tires and changed many inbetween motos but this tool makes it quick and effortless.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
7/27/2019 10:46am
For me it's gotta be the helmet cam, even though it's not solely an mx product.

The Shop

Naanak
7/27/2019 12:01pm
Decal works probably has tons of ideas but they just won’t release them til someone else does. Laughing
VetMX.com
7/27/2019 3:31pm
Scissor stand with wheels. Life changer for the back and you can roll it around in the shop.

Also, rear stands for RR bikes.
Kelz87
Fantasy
1468th
7/28/2019 1:32am
That quick release triangle would’ve seemed pointless to me about 3 weeks ago, now I think it’s pretty cool.

I added a little too much oil and was trying to drain some of it. The sight glass is on the right side so I was holding the bike level from that side. The stand fell out, so I’m squatted down trying to keep the bike from tipping while screwing in the drain plug 😂 That was almost a clown show
O&GDriller
7/29/2019 9:25am
1. Seal Savers - the neoprene seal protectors prevent fork seal leaks. Fabulous product.

2. Risk Racing Seal Doctor - I've never met a leaking seal I haven't been able to "fix" with the Seal Dr. Tool.
7/29/2019 12:20pm
O&GDriller wrote:
1. Seal Savers - the neoprene seal protectors prevent fork seal leaks. Fabulous product. 2. Risk Racing Seal Doctor - I've never met a leaking seal...
1. Seal Savers - the neoprene seal protectors prevent fork seal leaks. Fabulous product.

2. Risk Racing Seal Doctor - I've never met a leaking seal I haven't been able to "fix" with the Seal Dr. Tool.
How ironic.

SealSavers trap dirt and mud and make the seals go quicker. You must get a lot of use out of that Seal Doctor Wink
O&GDriller
7/29/2019 12:57pm Edited Date/Time 7/29/2019 12:58pm
O&GDriller wrote:
1. Seal Savers - the neoprene seal protectors prevent fork seal leaks. Fabulous product. 2. Risk Racing Seal Doctor - I've never met a leaking seal...

How ironic.

SealSavers trap dirt and mud and make the seals go quicker. You must get a lot of use out of that Seal Doctor Wink
I see what you did there but not accurate. I've been doing this moto thing for 49+ years and Seal Savers are the most effective "invention" I've adopted. You just need to clean the "socks" when you wash the bike. FWIW, I have 1,000's of hours of test data supporting my claim and I swear by them. I've not had to use the Seal Doctor EVER on my Seal Saver equipped bikes. I use the Seal Doctor on friend's bikes whose seals are leaking and do not run Seal Savers. My friends typically install Seal Savers after I "repair" their leak with the Seal Doctor.

On a side note since you're looking to challenge a friendly post did you realize you get longer life out of sprockets and x-ring or o-ring chains if you don't lube the x/o-ring chain but rather just clean it when cleaning your bike? I've done controlled testing over 1,000's of documented hours and the data strongly supports my statement. My son and I run same exact bikes on same exact tracks riding same exact hours with one chain lubed and the other just clean and dry. The clean and dry x/o-ring chain/sprockets far outlast the lubed chain to the tune of right at 50% longer life expectancy.

Flame suit on but I'm being serious.

Post a reply to: Innovative products for MX

The Latest