Injury recovery

I recently sustained a distal biceps tendon detachment from my right radius arm bone. I had surgery to reattach it on Nov. 13 and I'm still in the early rehab process. Surgeon said 9-12 months before I'm back to where I was pre injury. Has anyone here sustained this injury? If so what was your recovery time until you were able to confidently ride again? Thanks in advance!
|
bvm111
1/9/2019 9:41pm
Did your injury start with tendinitis? I am starting to have some acute pain and inflammation in my right bicep tendon at the right radial head. I am doing light PT now and stretching l, hoping to talk the PT into authorizing an MRI at my next Appt... nervous about what that will find.

Good luck with your rehab
1/11/2019 6:20am
bvm111 wrote:
Did your injury start with tendinitis? I am starting to have some acute pain and inflammation in my right bicep tendon at the right radial head...
Did your injury start with tendinitis? I am starting to have some acute pain and inflammation in my right bicep tendon at the right radial head. I am doing light PT now and stretching l, hoping to talk the PT into authorizing an MRI at my next Appt... nervous about what that will find.

Good luck with your rehab
No, it was from sudden trauma. I've learned through this process that many guys have partial tears at the radial head and don't realize it. They have shoulder pain but never get it properly diagnosed. Good luck on your MRI, better to know so you can repair it. if needed.

Post a reply to: Injury recovery

The Latest