Injury Update on Jo Shimoda

ML512
Fantasy
54th
|
GripNRip617
2/14/2022 1:23pm
Been a tough season for Jo, I know a lot of people are rooting for him this year including myself.

Has he gone a single round this season without being on the ground? I honestly can't think of one.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
2/14/2022 1:36pm
Been a tough season for Jo, I know a lot of people are rooting for him this year including myself. Has he gone a single round...
Been a tough season for Jo, I know a lot of people are rooting for him this year including myself.

Has he gone a single round this season without being on the ground? I honestly can't think of one.
I think he has crashed more this season than the last 2 years MX and SX combined Pinch
Leave Us To
2/14/2022 2:20pm
Definitely a correlation between his crashes and the whoops at every round so far. SLC final is a long ways away so my guess is we will have people making mains by the end of the year for the first time due to the attrition.
race
2/14/2022 2:44pm
Been a tough season for Jo, I know a lot of people are rooting for him this year including myself. Has he gone a single round...

I didn't really think of him as being in the 250 class elite yet and was surprised to hear of him being thought of as a title contender. His strength really was consistency, few mistakes but just a little down on speed to challenge the top guys.

It really looks like he's been riding over his limit as while his speed has gone up his consistency has gone out the window. Too much pressure from the team to get in the title hunt now rather than just keep building on his skills?

So is it a busted foot? Ankle?

The Shop

bd
2/14/2022 2:53pm
Damn! Heal up quickly, Jo.
TeamGreen
2/14/2022 2:54pm
Really dig this kid.

I hope he heals as fast as possible and gets back out there for “The Rest of The West”.
2/14/2022 4:34pm
Damn!
What is the running tally of top 5 contenders in 250 that are out? 4 or 5 of them?
MyBobbym
2/14/2022 5:13pm
Gotta love Shimoda, but man unnecessary chances are a downer when you get hurt. Get well soon Joe.
TXDirt
2/14/2022 6:16pm
He’s had a couple big get offs this year. He might be riding a bit over his head and all of PC bikes have looked like junk in the whoops this year.
jeffro503
2/14/2022 7:25pm
Man this is a bummer to hear. I dig that kid a bunch. I know he's had some struggles this season , but he looked like he was finally clearing the cobwebs and moving himself more towards the front. Evil sport some times. Heal up Jo , we will see you when you heal up.
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2562nd
2/14/2022 7:32pm

race wrote:
I didn't really think of him as being in the 250 class elite yet and was surprised to hear of him being thought of as a...
I didn't really think of him as being in the 250 class elite yet and was surprised to hear of him being thought of as a title contender. His strength really was consistency, few mistakes but just a little down on speed to challenge the top guys.

It really looks like he's been riding over his limit as while his speed has gone up his consistency has gone out the window. Too much pressure from the team to get in the title hunt now rather than just keep building on his skills?

So is it a busted foot? Ankle?
There were a few races (indoors and out) last year where he tried some really creative lines and passes that nobody else had attempted. It was really promising but he seems to be more timid this year. I don’t know what’s going on with him but I hope he sorts it out quick enough to start winning

His style and demeanor seem like they’d mesh really well with the Roger/Aldon combo at KTM because he’s fundamentally tidy and his corner speed and form is good. He seems a little dungey-esque on and off the track.
brocster
2/14/2022 8:08pm
His crash that caused this injury was not in the whoops. Was trying to scrub a jump to get to the inside for a block pass attempt on the last lap of his qualifier.
tuggy450
2/14/2022 8:27pm
Sounds like the track medical guys think it is a minimally displaced heal fracture, that will require some screws. That's gotta take a month I would think minimally just to somewhat heal. How long is their break?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/14/2022 8:35pm
tuggy450 wrote:
Sounds like the track medical guys think it is a minimally displaced heal fracture, that will require some screws. That's gotta take a month I would...
Sounds like the track medical guys think it is a minimally displaced heal fracture, that will require some screws. That's gotta take a month I would think minimally just to somewhat heal. How long is their break?
Next race is Seattle on March 26th.
Racerman967
2/14/2022 8:57pm
Most likely he is back for Denver April 30th. Maybe the E/W shootout in Atlanta. He is out of the championship so no reason to risk anything.
FlaNard
2/14/2022 10:06pm
Big fan of the young man and his style on and off the bike. Heal up and get after it Jo! Cool
2/15/2022 12:27am Edited Date/Time 2/15/2022 12:27am
Outside of Anderson the Kawi's ain't looking too hot this year. Guess we'll see what the guys on the East Coast series can do. Bummer I was always a Jo fan.
Ronix137
2/15/2022 6:21am
Does his contract end after this year? Or is it through 2023? Hope he stays on a factory team
PFitzG38
2/15/2022 9:12am
tuggy450 wrote:
Sounds like the track medical guys think it is a minimally displaced heal fracture, that will require some screws. That's gotta take a month I would...
A broken heel usually takes a heck of a lot longer than a month to heal if he broke the calcaneus with how thin the bone is
IWreckALot
2/15/2022 9:37am

crusty_xx wrote:
I think he has crashed more this season than the last 2 years MX and SX combined Pinch
Think he mentioned before the season or at the end of the last season that he wanted to step out of his comfort zone to find more speed to get towards the front of the pack. At the time I was kinda thinking he wouldn't push his comfort zone just because of his personality but maybe that's where he's at this season.
2/15/2022 9:53am
IWreckALot wrote:
Think he mentioned before the season or at the end of the last season that he wanted to step out of his comfort zone to find...
Think he mentioned before the season or at the end of the last season that he wanted to step out of his comfort zone to find more speed to get towards the front of the pack. At the time I was kinda thinking he wouldn't push his comfort zone just because of his personality but maybe that's where he's at this season.
Username checks out on area of expertise.
Brent
2/15/2022 11:08am
He crashed right in front of us on Saturday.

It was a lot more brutal in person than it appeared on television.

Get well soon Jo!!!
plowboy
2/15/2022 12:19pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Think he mentioned before the season or at the end of the last season that he wanted to step out of his comfort zone to find...
Yep, I remember him saying that. If he wanted to be in contention...he needed to get out of his comfort zone. Bummer for him. He seems like a good kid.
tuggy450
2/15/2022 1:06pm
tuggy450 wrote:
PFitzG38 wrote:
A broken heel usually takes a heck of a lot longer than a month to heal if he broke the calcaneus with how thin the bone...
A broken heel usually takes a heck of a lot longer than a month to heal if he broke the calcaneus with how thin the bone is
Yep that's what I am thinking, Can he actually be riding supercross in by march 26th? Perhaps it was not as bad as it sounded
philG
2/15/2022 3:29pm

crusty_xx wrote:
He is trying to ride at the level he needs to be at , and he isnt there yet.

He has to try though, he really needs to be the next guy behind Craig,

Hope he gets back soon.

Post a reply to: Injury Update on Jo Shimoda

The Latest