Injury Report?? Davalos, Webb

Related:
Create New Tag

3/18/2018 12:08 AM

Does anyone know the condition of Webb and Davalos, others?

Thanks.

|

3/18/2018 12:42 AM

KDXGarage wrote:

Does anyone know the condition of Webb and Davalos, others?

Thanks.

Did they ever show Davalos’ crash? I only saw the aftermath with him being helped off.

|

3/18/2018 6:32 AM

Davalos crashed twice didn't he? Once before the whoops early in the race and then later in the race when they helped him off.

|

3/18/2018 7:26 AM

Davalos needs to ensure he is eligible to race the 250 next year. An “injury” is the perfect way to do so.

|

3/18/2018 7:56 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

Davalos needs to ensure he is eligible to race the 250 next year. An “injury” is the perfect way to do so.

It was only a matter of time before this was said by someone, lol

|

3/18/2018 7:58 AM

They didn't show his crash on live tv. Perhaps in the race recap video. But it was nasty, he flipped over the berm and over the protective barrier (Oakley) No bueno for sure. He has had a really really rough last 250f run.

|

3/18/2018 8:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/18/2018 8:32 AM

Berm wrote:

Davalos crashed twice didn't he? Once before the whoops early in the race and then later in the race when they helped him off.

Yes, he did crash twice. I haven't seen any video of the second one that ended his night. Someone has to have video of it. I think davalos has been having neck pain and numbness problems since the Osby incident.

|

3/18/2018 8:37 AM

Davalos looked pretty beat up, hope he’s okay

Webb’s crash they showed looked like he hit the ground smoothly....he landed on the backside of that jump and did a fast first slide. Must have aggravated his pre race injury

|

3/18/2018 8:48 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

He sure didn’t look to be nursing it on tv, fuckhead.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

3/18/2018 9:41 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

BobPA wrote:

Stay classy.

|

3/18/2018 9:45 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

BobPA wrote:

TDeath21 wrote:

Stay classy.

Saying a guy is faking an injury to stay in the class. When you could clearly see him in pain and wobbly on his feet during the broadcast.....I believe you need a lesson in class, bro.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

3/18/2018 9:50 AM

BobPA wrote:

TDeath21 wrote:

Stay classy.

BobPA wrote:

Saying a guy is faking an injury to stay in the class. When you could clearly see him in pain and wobbly on his feet during the broadcast.....I believe you need a lesson in class, bro.

Stay classy.

|

3/18/2018 10:12 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

Stay classy.

I think a person who lacks class isn't allowed to tell others that.

|

3/18/2018 10:14 AM

BobPA wrote:

TDeath21 wrote:

Stay classy.

aeffertz wrote:

Stay classy.

|

3/18/2018 10:15 AM

Anyone know what webb was talking about with a "freak bike problem"? From his IG.

“Just want to give everyone a heads up. I had a practice crash on Tuesday resulting in a shoulder injury/dislocation due to a freak bike problem out of anyone's hands. I rehabbed all week to try to race today in St. Louis. Unfortunately my shoulder isn't good enough to race today which resulted in a Free Practice crash in practice 1. Extremely bummed but I will do everything in my power to be back as soon as I can. I'd like to thank all my sponsors and fans for understanding.”

|

3/18/2018 12:57 PM

TDeath21 wrote:

Stay classy.

aeffertz wrote:

TDeath21 wrote:

Stay classy.

Stay stupid

|

3/18/2018 1:07 PM

Matthes posted that Mitch was going to sit Marty for Indianapolis to let him heal up.

If he does sit out Indy, with the Easter break and Seattle it would give him a month between races. Should be plenty of time to let the bumps and bruises heal up.

It would also guarantee that Marty does not get 135 points for the 4th time. Marty currently has 53 points and with 4 East races left would need 82 points (averaging a 3rd or better). So it is unlikely he would point out this season anyway after his Dallas and St Louis DNFs.

|

3/18/2018 1:45 PM

I still don't understand why guys shit on Marty for wanting to stay down in 250's to continue making a living racing dirt bikes. If I was him I'd stay down too, next year is going to be extremely thin pickings for riders. Joey, Aaron, Zach and Justin are all moving up and most likely taking factory spots away from guys already riding for JGR, KTM, Kawi and Husky.

There's going to be a crap load of guys capable of top 10 finishes in SX without rides. If he can continue to make a good living riding for PC I say all the power too him. I don't think there's a big crop of amateurs coming up this year anyways ready to turn pro.

|

3/18/2018 1:51 PM

aeffertz wrote:

TDeath21 wrote:

Stay classy.

BobKerr wrote:

Stay stupid

Quit giving my job away!

|

3/18/2018 2:21 PM

Davalos had another hook removed for being catfished again? Meh too easy.

|

Motorcrosser

3/18/2018 2:38 PM

jbrown15 wrote:

I still don't understand why guys shit on Marty for wanting to stay down in 250's to continue making a living racing dirt bikes. If I was him I'd stay down too, next year is going to be extremely thin pickings for riders. Joey, Aaron, Zach and Justin are all moving up and most likely taking factory spots away from guys already riding for JGR, KTM, Kawi and Husky.

There's going to be a crap load of guys capable of top 10 finishes in SX without rides. If he can continue to make a good living riding for PC I say all the power too him. I don't think there's a big crop of amateurs coming up this year anyways ready to turn pro.

There should be a age limit for riders in the 250 sx. Your argument is the same for him not moving up to taking away from young riders coming up. The dude is a highly paid lites rider that throws it away year after year.

|

3/18/2018 3:23 PM

drenmaster wrote:

Anyone know what webb was talking about with a "freak bike problem"? From his IG.

“Just want to give everyone a heads up. I had a practice crash on Tuesday resulting in a shoulder injury/dislocation due to a freak bike problem out of anyone's hands. I rehabbed all week to try to race today in St. Louis. Unfortunately my shoulder isn't good enough to race today which resulted in a Free Practice crash in practice 1. Extremely bummed but I will do everything in my power to be back as soon as I can. I'd like to thank all my sponsors and fans for understanding.”

I heard the chain broke.

|

3/18/2018 3:34 PM

I don’t think Davalos was feeling near 100% when he lined up. Been on the mat a lot.

I was hoping he would get up there and help his teammate, but he dropped off the pace fast.

What a year, what a sport! This changing of the guard stuff gets crazy. Man, if the 250 race had of been like the 450, fans should have gotten half their money back.

|

In my 60’s and still loving dirt scoots up here in the frozen north.

2021 Husky 501s

3/18/2018 4:13 PM

can you imagine these types crying when the 125 class was around and riders could pick an choose according to offers...

we'd need mountains of tissues

or bring them out to water the track..

waa qaa waaaa davlos is hurting me by staying a class i could never hope to be in..whaaaaaa whaaaaa.

|

3/18/2018 4:24 PM

jbrown15 wrote:

mb60 wrote:

There should be a age limit for riders in the 250 sx. Your argument is the same for him not moving up to taking away from young riders coming up. The dude is a highly paid lites rider that throws it away year after year.

Rather than make an age limit .... Try this:

Age limits aren't fair to riders that hit the pro ranks later in life so maybe propose a 5 year limit in the 250 class max.
2 titles within that 5 year timeframe will be cause for a rider to move up prior to the 5 year limit.
Once a rider has moved up to the 450 class and has dismal success, they can return to the 250 class after 3 years in the 450 class. If a rider consistently runs top 15 in points they aren't able to return to the 250 class unless they have completed 3 years outside of the top 15 in points.
These 3 years would include taking off or not competing in the 450 class so a rider that disappears or retires from the sport (ala Will Hahn) can return to racing and start in the 250 class for say....a 2 year limit.

This way riders cannot really sandbag to stay down in the 250 class and regardless of how old they are when they start, a 22 year old rookie in the 250 class wouldn't have to move up 1 year later if the age limit were 23 in the 250 class like MXGP had. Riders wouldn't want to tank their careers in the 450 class either Bec placing 15-20th for 3 years would kill their careers and they'd have a hard time finding a lucrative ride back on 250's

|

3/18/2018 5:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/18/2018 6:16 PM

mb60 wrote:

Not really because if the younger riders coming up are good enough they'd end up taking his spot anyways. If it came down to Forkner and Marty, Forkner would have the ride. But like I mentioned in my original post, it's not like there's a ton of top level amateurs coming up next year. And if there was he wouldn't have a rider, so again why shit on him just because he's still eligible to stay down and gets offered a top PC ride.

|

3/18/2018 5:51 PM

At one time the premier class was 125, then 250, even though 500’s existed.
Marty Smith walked on water to the races.

I’m just pissed because I’m a bit over 450’s indoors. Outdoors, 1000cc limit, whatever you can hang on to.

SX and MX are kind of apples and oranges.

|

In my 60’s and still loving dirt scoots up here in the frozen north.

2021 Husky 501s

3/18/2018 6:04 PM

Cycle Sport wrote:

I heard the chain broke.

Oh shit.. guess it could always be worse. Hope he heals quick.

|

3/18/2018 6:17 PM

If it hasn't been said yet, the Dongoffer stated publicly he wanted a ride in the 450 class and has for a few years. He did really well on a 450 last year and was only offered a decent ride in the 250 class.

|

3/18/2018 6:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/18/2018 6:39 PM

slipdog wrote:

If it hasn't been said yet, the Dongoffer stated publicly he wanted a ride in the 450 class and has for a few years. He did really well on a 450 last year and was only offered a decent ride in the 250 class.

And sadly there will be even fewer 450 rides available next year.

I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying Tickle, Mookie, Deano, Grant and Boogle will all be shopping for rides next year. And possibly Seely too.

|