Indy sx in jeopardy?

jridout12
Edited Date/Time 3/12/2020 4:46pm
Any chance they cancel this weekend too? Or not allow fans into the venue. I just saw that the big 10 tournament is not going to allow fans at the games and that’s in Indianapolis this weekend as well. I leave Friday to go to Indianapolis and I’m really hoping they don’t wait till Friday to announce something
|
3/11/2020 3:57pm
jridout12 wrote:
Any chance they cancel this weekend too? Or not allow fans into the venue. I just saw that the big 10 tournament is not going to...
Any chance they cancel this weekend too? Or not allow fans into the venue. I just saw that the big 10 tournament is not going to allow fans at the games and that’s in Indianapolis this weekend as well. I leave Friday to go to Indianapolis and I’m really hoping they don’t wait till Friday to announce something
There has been 19 confirmed cases. Many schools are closed as well. I don’t believe a confirmed case in Marion County(Indy)
3/11/2020 4:03pm
I would not be surprised. But if we happen to squeak through this weekend I think the points leader after Indy will be crowned champion, if we even get that far. Tomac might have this thing wrapped up after Daytona.
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
3/11/2020 4:13pm
Haven't heard or read anything so far...

The Shop

dimetime
3/11/2020 4:20pm
FFS.... Make it stop.... [img]https://media1.giphy.com/media/h36vh423PiV9K/giphy.gif[/img]
FFS....

Make it stop....

Yes, sweet Jesus for fucks sake make all the insanity stop!

Good fucking lord what happens if there's a real emergency? This whole incident is just proof as too how far we've fallen.

Welcome to fhe Age of Unreason.
3/11/2020 4:36pm
FFS.... Make it stop.... [img]https://media1.giphy.com/media/h36vh423PiV9K/giphy.gif[/img]
FFS....

Make it stop....

dimetime wrote:
Yes, sweet Jesus for fucks sake make all the insanity stop! Good fucking lord what happens if there's a real emergency? This whole incident is just...

Good fucking lord what happens if there's a real emergency? This whole incident is just proof as too how far we've fallen.

Are you guys aware of what's going on across the pond? I know this source is more from the left, but it's no bullshit what's going on guys:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/11/italy-faces-calls-to-clos…

There's an incubation period of up to 2 weeks. Just wait.

Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
3/11/2020 4:37pm
Italy just announced that they have had 200 deaths within the last 24 hours it kinda seems like shit is about to hit the fan unfortunately.
stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
3/11/2020 4:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 4:49pm
jridout12 wrote:
Any chance they cancel this weekend too? Or not allow fans into the venue. I just saw that the big 10 tournament is not going to...
There has been 19 confirmed cases. Many schools are closed as well. I don’t believe a confirmed case in Marion County(Indy)
The first reported case in Indiana was actually in Marion county.
Anton_514
3/11/2020 5:20pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 5:31pm
Talked to Feld this morning, Indianapolis and all races except Seattle are still set to happen as normal with no changes to pit access or fan attendance. For now, it's another day at the races.

But, seriously, all of this can change at any time.
3/11/2020 5:23pm
jridout12 wrote:
stremme12 wrote:
The first reported case in Indiana was actually in Marion county.
Correct, for some reason I thought the first case was in Avon.
SKIDLID
Fantasy
761st
3/11/2020 5:24pm
Tarz483 wrote:
Italy just announced that they have had 200 deaths within the last 24 hours it kinda seems like shit is about to hit the fan unfortunately.
Saw one report the average age of the fatalities in Italy was 81 years old.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/11/2020 5:28pm
The latest I've got is that all is go for Indy. Still open pits, and Feld is working on alternatives to team autograph signings.
Nuffsaid
3/11/2020 5:34pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 5:36pm
Tarz483 wrote:
SKIDLID wrote:
Italy is 10-15 days ahead of us in response. The real problem in Italy is the medical personnel are sick also plus daycare and school closures for children forces the personnel to be home. The lack of medical personnel is leading to a triage situation for surgery and who can be helped and who is left to die. 10-15 days folks
MXMattii
3/11/2020 5:44pm
Tarz483 wrote:
SKIDLID wrote:
Nuffsaid wrote:
Italy is 10-15 days ahead of us in response. The real problem in Italy is the medical personnel are sick also plus daycare and school closures...
Italy is 10-15 days ahead of us in response. The real problem in Italy is the medical personnel are sick also plus daycare and school closures for children forces the personnel to be home. The lack of medical personnel is leading to a triage situation for surgery and who can be helped and who is left to die. 10-15 days folks
The biggest problem was that Patient Zero has never been localized so he/she has probably never been sick, but made other people sick. Those people didn't knew they got into contact with Corona and the healthcare people didn't put them into quarantine. So they made other people sick too and then after they got the test results back they knew it was fucked up. Because just imagine this corona-virus getting into hospitals where you have tons of people with low immune-system and combine this with the average age in Italy being pretty old.

Lets hope it all ends soon!
level
3/11/2020 5:48pm
Shit is troublesome. I mean it could get very bad and could be a lot of deaths so I don’t know what the alternative is but to play it safe. Unfortunately economy is taking a bad hit. Schools are closing.
It’s hitting close to home where I’m at just right down the street.
I think they need to continue with the races for now but cancel autograph signings and pits.
Problem with stadium is you have 50,000 people and one is bound to probably have it and may not even know. That’s what makes it scary.
3/11/2020 5:49pm
Tarz483 wrote:
SKIDLID wrote:
So?
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
3/11/2020 5:52pm
Anton_514 wrote:
Talked to Feld this morning, Indianapolis and all races except Seattle are still set to happen as normal with no changes to pit access or fan...
Talked to Feld this morning, Indianapolis and all races except Seattle are still set to happen as normal with no changes to pit access or fan attendance. For now, it's another day at the races.

But, seriously, all of this can change at any time.
Yeah, less than 2 weeks ago there was only 1 confirmed case in Washington. And now a race has been canceled (or relocated). It's hard to have much confidence in what things will look like 2 weeks from now.
3/11/2020 5:56pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 5:59pm
Are you guys aware of what's going on across the pond? I know this source is more from the left, but it's no bullshit what's going...
Are you guys aware of what's going on across the pond? I know this source is more from the left, but it's no bullshit what's going on guys:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/11/italy-faces-calls-to-clos…

There's an incubation period of up to 2 weeks. Just wait.

Two weeks from now Virus same as today..... streets are filled with mass hysteria anyway.

chrisg19
Fantasy
4437th
3/11/2020 6:48pm
Just saw the NBA suspended the season following tonight’s game.
str8line
3/11/2020 7:26pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 7:26pm
dimetime wrote:
Yes, sweet Jesus for fucks sake make all the insanity stop! Good fucking lord what happens if there's a real emergency? This whole incident is just...

Why would Italy shut down their entire country? You think they want to plunge into the depression from hell? This IS a real emergency.
Brent
3/11/2020 8:24pm

stolen from MXA. - Cute...
Fourth_Floor
3/11/2020 8:31pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 8:33pm
Fuck the virus, in a few weeks I'm going to be wiping my ass with pinecones...

In all seriousness, if they are going to continue to run the races then AT LEAST close the pits down and keep the general public away from the teams and riders. Blake Baggett comes to mind here, he's got a real young one at home so I wouldn't be disgruntled if Feld just packed it in and called it a season. I love this sport and I look forward to watching Supercross on Saturdays but my entertainment is in no way, shape or form worth the health risks of a rider catching this virus at an event and passing it to their new born or pregnant wife. Fuck that noise.
WW444
3/11/2020 8:48pm
I still hope most of this is blown a little out of proportion but a Supercross event cancelled because of an epidemic/ virus is a pretty big deal.
chad_111
3/11/2020 8:53pm
And for everyone worrying about the young ones, there hasn’t been a confirmed death of anyone under 10, they apparently are not affected the same way as older people.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
3/11/2020 9:03pm
WW444 wrote:
I still hope most of this is blown a little out of proportion but a Supercross event cancelled because of an epidemic/ virus is a pretty...
I still hope most of this is blown a little out of proportion but a Supercross event cancelled because of an epidemic/ virus is a pretty big deal.
They just effectively cancelled the NBA season. One week of games makes more than a season of SX by a mile.

There is talk of shutting down all Movie and TV Production as well. Think SX is a gnat on that ass? Johnny is knocking on the (SX) door.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/11/2020 10:38pm
Not me.
3/11/2020 11:36pm
I would not be surprised. But if we happen to squeak through this weekend I think the points leader after Indy will be crowned champion, if...
I would not be surprised. But if we happen to squeak through this weekend I think the points leader after Indy will be crowned champion, if we even get that far. Tomac might have this thing wrapped up after Daytona.
If so, will need an asterisk on this title Tongue

Post a reply to: Indy sx in jeopardy?

The Latest