Indy cancelled

visser62
3/12/2020 7:37pm
So are you all going to put an asterisk on RJ, Wardy, Hannah, etc., when there were only 10 rounds total?
Premix
3/12/2020 7:46pm
KennyT wrote:
It’s showing under 2,000 confirmed cases in the entire US, how can Ohio have anywhere near that number? just because someone has a cough or runny...
It’s showing under 2,000 confirmed cases in the entire US, how can Ohio have anywhere near that number? just because someone has a cough or runny nose during flu season does not mean they have CNN-19
Ohio is pretty far behind on the actual testing as is the rest of the county. Close friend works at Stanford, says it’s only going to get worse once the tests become available

Here’s a clip of an article released by local Cleveland news source today. They just got tests this week it sounds like. And the link, because if you don’t link it, it didn’t happen.

https://www.cleveland.com/healthfit/2020/03/how-is-coronavirus-tested-a-step-by-step-explanation.html

KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
3/12/2020 8:12pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2020 8:14pm
KennyT wrote:
It’s showing under 2,000 confirmed cases in the entire US, how can Ohio have anywhere near that number? just because someone has a cough or runny...
It’s showing under 2,000 confirmed cases in the entire US, how can Ohio have anywhere near that number? just because someone has a cough or runny nose during flu season does not mean they have CNN-19
Premix wrote:
Ohio is pretty far behind on the actual testing as is the rest of the county. Close friend works at Stanford, says it’s only going to...
Ohio is pretty far behind on the actual testing as is the rest of the county. Close friend works at Stanford, says it’s only going to get worse once the tests become available

Here’s a clip of an article released by local Cleveland news source today. They just got tests this week it sounds like. And the link, because if you don’t link it, it didn’t happen.

https://www.cleveland.com/healthfit/2020/03/how-is-coronavirus-tested-a-step-by-step-explanation.html

Thanks Premix 👍

The Shop

ShipLap
3/12/2020 9:20pm
ledger wrote:
Gonna be a few long months, just hope this doesn't carry over to the Outdoors.
logan_140 wrote:
Ohio health officials estimate they have 100k cases. This just getting started
KennyT wrote:
The amount of fear in this thing is almost demonic.
jeffro503
3/12/2020 9:47pm
logan_140 wrote:
Ohio health officials estimate they have 100k cases. This just getting started
KennyT wrote:
ShipLap wrote:
The fear........comes from it spreading faster and more undetected than anything I can remember. And even though most 50+ yr old and below should survive it ( without health problems ) ......it's a virus , that stays hidden , just long enough to wipe out your parents , grand parents , and other people as well. The people who are down playing this , seem to give not one single shit about the older generation..........oh , but you will.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
3/12/2020 10:16pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2020 10:17pm
jeffro503 wrote:
The fear........comes from it spreading faster and more undetected than anything I can remember. And even though most 50+ yr old and below should survive it...
The fear........comes from it spreading faster and more undetected than anything I can remember. And even though most 50+ yr old and below should survive it ( without health problems ) ......it's a virus , that stays hidden , just long enough to wipe out your parents , grand parents , and other people as well. The people who are down playing this , seem to give not one single shit about the older generation..........oh , but you will.
When all is said and done, rest assured this one will be directly compared to the other viruses of the recent past, namely H1N1. I've yet to see where anyone has said they didn't care about elderly people. The fear mongering needs to end. The way it needs to be treated is with caution and with great responsibility, by everyone. The impression I see is either total fear mongering or one of people thinking it is a complete overreaction. the truth is somewhere in the middle.

What we should be doing is not panicking or fear mongering, yet we should be acting responsibly.

The financial implications of this are going to be devastating - and a good chunk of that is directly due to the fear mongering.

Everyone needs to act responsibly and we'll get through it.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
3/12/2020 10:22pm
I don’t know if this has been asked. Does anyone on here know of anyone ....friend, family, 8th cousin removed, fellow workers, anyone on the earth....do any of you know of someone who has the virus and if so was it any worse than any cold/flu that hits each year? Tom and Rita don’t count
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
3/12/2020 10:24pm
Damn. Basically 2 months without any racing minimum. That won't do me any good.

Does anybody know about any good methadone clinic for moto-addicts?
jeffro503
3/12/2020 10:29pm
KennyT wrote:
I don’t know if this has been asked. Does anyone on here know of anyone ....friend, family, 8th cousin removed, fellow workers, anyone on the earth....do...
I don’t know if this has been asked. Does anyone on here know of anyone ....friend, family, 8th cousin removed, fellow workers, anyone on the earth....do any of you know of someone who has the virus and if so was it any worse than any cold/flu that hits each year? Tom and Rita don’t count
A buddy of mine , who is also a member here , just sent me a text a little bit ago , and said he's pretty much been quarantined due to being exposed to the virus. He's to stay at home until further notice and can get tested. If he wants to chime in here , that's up to him.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
3/12/2020 10:33pm
Ok, here’s something to think about before you go to sleep

langhammx
Fantasy
581st
3/12/2020 10:38pm
KennyT wrote:
ShipLap wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
The fear........comes from it spreading faster and more undetected than anything I can remember. And even though most 50+ yr old and below should survive it...
Jeffro,
Turn off the news, stay off of social media and the internet completely. Put some gas in your bike and go ride bud. You are starting to fall in line, by the way your posts come across. It’s not the end of the world.
I’m not down playing the seriousness of it, but the PANIC that is currently happening is totally unnecessary. And I’m not taking about cancelling SX races. Shit is gunna be twisted up for awhile, no doubt. Buy some EXTRA gas for your bike and get out and live a little.

BTW- how much toilet paper and bottled water have you stocked up on ? Lmao....
Chance1216
3/12/2020 10:58pm Edited Date/Time 3/13/2020 12:37am
KennyT wrote:
I don’t know if this has been asked. Does anyone on here know of anyone ....friend, family, 8th cousin removed, fellow workers, anyone on the earth....do...
jeffro503 wrote:
A buddy of mine , who is also a member here , just sent me a text a little bit ago , and said he's pretty...
A buddy of mine , who is also a member here , just sent me a text a little bit ago , and said he's pretty much been quarantined due to being exposed to the virus. He's to stay at home until further notice and can get tested. If he wants to chime in here , that's up to him.
Aaaand....... that person happens to be myself. I got a phone call from my supervisor about an hour ago. Turned out someone from another trade left work early yesterday not feeling well. He didn’t show up today. Well, it turns out
this person tested positive for the virus. He had others around him that were on site today. Just so happened I was around those people. I left the job site to pick up a set of updated blue prints. I was around other people in my shop as well. They’re in the same boat now.
Finding this out is not concerning for myself but, my concern lies with my son. He’s been on antibiotics for awhile that have weakened his immune system. People say it only affects the elderly and people with weak immune systems. Well, that statement hits home. He’s only 22.
As of right now, I just got the call. We’ll see what tomorrow brings and what steps myself and my family need to take to be pro active.
That job site I was on is shut down. This is something concerning as well. People not working, they don’t get paid.
Maybe all of this is for nothing. Maybe I’m just being safe and following protocol. Either way it creates hardships that aren’t realized by many. Stress out of concern for your family, missing work. Now, in my situation to get that phone call trying to figure out what’s next. It goes to show it can pop up out of nowhere. Like I said, I’m not worried about myself. It’s for others in my life that in just going to work and doing my job, there is that chance I could’ve brought it home to someone it may affect more so then myself. Anyways, I’ll keep you guys posted.
CHANCE 1216
ledger
3/12/2020 10:58pm
langhammx wrote:
Ok, here’s something to think about before you go to sleep [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/12/410139/s1200_937BF03E_3768_434A_8258_7F8FBFB2DC9F.jpg[/img]

That's just...freaky.
ledger
3/12/2020 11:11pm
Chance1216 wrote:
Aaaand....... that person happens to be myself. I got a phone call from my supervisor about an hour ago. Turned out someone from another trade left...
Aaaand....... that person happens to be myself. I got a phone call from my supervisor about an hour ago. Turned out someone from another trade left work early yesterday not feeling well. He didn’t show up today. Well, it turns out
this person tested positive for the virus. He had others around him that were on site today. Just so happened I was around those people. I left the job site to pick up a set of updated blue prints. I was around other people in my shop as well. They’re in the same boat now.
Finding this out is not concerning for myself but, my concern lies with my son. He’s been on antibiotics for awhile that have weakened his immune system. People say it only affects the elderly and people with weak immune systems. Well, that statement hits home. He’s only 22.
As of right now, I just got the call. We’ll see what tomorrow brings and what steps myself and my family need to take to be pro active.
That job site I was on is shut down. This is something concerning as well. People not working, they don’t get paid.
Maybe all of this is for nothing. Maybe I’m just being safe and following protocol. Either way it creates hardships that aren’t realized by many. Stress out of concern for your family, missing work. Now, in my situation to get that phone call trying to figure out what’s next. It goes to show it can pop up out of nowhere. Like I said, I’m not worried about myself. It’s for others in my life that in just going to work and doing my job, there is that chance I could’ve brought it home to someone it may affect more so then myself. Anyways, I’ll keep you guys posted.
CHANCE 1216
I hate to hear this...you are good friend of mine and one helluva good dude. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You, your son, and the rest of your family WILL get through this and on the other side of this temporary virus. You got my number, so call at anytime.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
3/12/2020 11:15pm
KennyT wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
A buddy of mine , who is also a member here , just sent me a text a little bit ago , and said he's pretty...
Chance1216 wrote:
Aaaand....... that person happens to be myself. I got a phone call from my supervisor about an hour ago. Turned out someone from another trade left...
CHANCE 1216
Any symptoms? According to some reports there is a 80% chance of no symptoms, not to mention you may not have it in your system at all. Let’s hope so.

Bummer you are missing work, but you have to play by the rules. Best of luck to you... I hope you get back to work soon
Chance1216
3/12/2020 11:19pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2020 11:20pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Chance1216 wrote:
CHANCE 1216
KennyT wrote:
Any symptoms? According to some reports there is a 80% chance of no symptoms, not to mention you may not have it in your system at...
Any symptoms? According to some reports there is a 80% chance of no symptoms, not to mention you may not have it in your system at all. Let’s hope so.

Bummer you are missing work, but you have to play by the rules. Best of luck to you... I hope you get back to work soon
No symptoms. Just found out about the exposure awhile ago. Maybe nothing but, just gotta play by the rules now.
Thanks.
PFitzG38
3/12/2020 11:19pm
RiverockMX wrote:
I'm fine with giving the title to Tomac if this is it. Guys won more races than anyone the last few seasons without a SX title...
I'm fine with giving the title to Tomac if this is it. Guys won more races than anyone the last few seasons without a SX title. After that superman ride at Daytona he's the man.
You know what. Your right, unless they decide to do a 1-night chase race to decide the title with no spectators or whatever, this may still work into my perfect scenario. I wanted to see Kenny win it for obvious reasons, then I was gonna be on the AC bandwagon for 2021 - I was starting to feel sorry for Elito that he may never get a well deserved SX title, now he can get his SX title out of the way, Kenny can do outdoors, then the SX title next year; and AC will have to be Kennys wingman for a year before the torch is passed
Chance1216
3/12/2020 11:22pm
Chance1216 wrote:
CHANCE 1216
ledger wrote:
I hate to hear this...you are good friend of mine and one helluva good dude. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You...
I hate to hear this...you are good friend of mine and one helluva good dude. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You, your son, and the rest of your family WILL get through this and on the other side of this temporary virus. You got my number, so call at anytime.
Thanks Ledger. I’ll be in touch. It’s pretty lame. I was planning on getting some diving equipment this weekend. Looks like I’ll be watching re-runs of Supercross instead lol.
3/12/2020 11:28pm
langhammx wrote:
Ok, here’s something to think about before you go to sleep [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/12/410139/s1200_937BF03E_3768_434A_8258_7F8FBFB2DC9F.jpg[/img]

ledger wrote:
That's just...freaky.
The page with the 2020 info isn’t from the same book. More info: https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN20M19I
jeffro503
3/12/2020 11:29pm
langhammx wrote:
Jeffro, Turn off the news, stay off of social media and the internet completely. Put some gas in your bike and go ride bud. You are...
Jeffro,
Turn off the news, stay off of social media and the internet completely. Put some gas in your bike and go ride bud. You are starting to fall in line, by the way your posts come across. It’s not the end of the world.
I’m not down playing the seriousness of it, but the PANIC that is currently happening is totally unnecessary. And I’m not taking about cancelling SX races. Shit is gunna be twisted up for awhile, no doubt. Buy some EXTRA gas for your bike and get out and live a little.

BTW- how much toilet paper and bottled water have you stocked up on ? Lmao....
Shaun , I'm glad you are optimistic about it all. If you get a few minutes , scroll up or down and read Chance's post. You may think everything is fine and dandy at the moment , but that's what everyone said a little over 3 weeks ago , when I made a thread about my stupid shoes from China. The reading a research i did , gave me a good week head start on getting stocked up on supplies here at home. Certain times of the day here , you can't even find toilet paper. This isn't a " I'm so much worried about the virus "............it's a " I'm fucking worried about what the public is doing". No use in trying to get stocked up later , when the entire store is shut down , because a few employee's got sick. I'm not tooting my own horn here , but I took it seriously before a lot of other people , and I'm prepared. Weather I'll need it all or not , doesn't really matter , since I can use all that stuff later anyways. Chance's post......pretty much tells you , he is sitting at home with no pay because of this shit , as are many , many other , and trust me , there will be many more. They aren't cancelling events across the globe because of a fucking joke.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
3/13/2020 12:07am
This has gotten beat to death, but its worth restating. In 2009-2010, the H1N1 Virus was the first Pandemic flu in over 40 years. During that time, over 61M Americans became infected with H1N1. That is 20% of the US population. That's 1 in 5 people caught the H1N1 virus. Globally, it was well over 100M people infected with H1N1. In the US, there were over 274,000 hospitalizations. In the US there were approximately 12,500 lab confirmed deaths, and globally there were over 18,500 lab confirmed deaths (suspected deaths were higher in both instances). Here's the kicker on H1N1 for those who forgot. 80% of the deaths occurred in people UNDER the age of 65. It mostly infected and killed kids and young adults. Both viruses were/are highly contagious from person to person. Initial reports on H1N1 death rates had similar survival rates to that of Corvid 19.

So...2 Pandemic flus in ~10 years with very similar conditions, with the exception of one being primarily young people dying and one being older people dying.

I don't remember the shit hitting the fan back in 2009-2010. Stock market didn't collapse. Didn't run out of toilet paper. I don't remember mass panic and mass cancellations then either. Yet, 1 in 5 Americans got infected. +14,000 deaths in US alone. When all was said and done, 99.9% of the people recovered from it in 2009-2010.

We have a serious situation on our hands AGAIN, but why are people freaking the hell out this time? (That's a Rhetorical question). The greatest threat to our country is not the virus itself. Act responsibly, use good hygiene, and avoid unnecessary contact with people. We got through the last one, we will get through this one if we don't try to kill each other first.
3/13/2020 12:21am
visser62 wrote:
So are you all going to put an asterisk on RJ, Wardy, Hannah, etc., when there were only 10 rounds total?
That’s irrelevant- if the championship was to be declared a ten, eight even two or one round event, it is what it is.

3/13/2020 12:23am
Nuffsaid wrote:
Death, financial ruin, motorbike competition. Take your pick 🤔
Well when you put it like that....
Chance1216
3/13/2020 12:27am Edited Date/Time 3/13/2020 2:42pm
TbonesPop wrote:
This has gotten beat to death, but its worth restating. In 2009-2010, the H1N1 Virus was the first Pandemic flu in over 40 years. During that...
This has gotten beat to death, but its worth restating. In 2009-2010, the H1N1 Virus was the first Pandemic flu in over 40 years. During that time, over 61M Americans became infected with H1N1. That is 20% of the US population. That's 1 in 5 people caught the H1N1 virus. Globally, it was well over 100M people infected with H1N1. In the US, there were over 274,000 hospitalizations. In the US there were approximately 12,500 lab confirmed deaths, and globally there were over 18,500 lab confirmed deaths (suspected deaths were higher in both instances). Here's the kicker on H1N1 for those who forgot. 80% of the deaths occurred in people UNDER the age of 65. It mostly infected and killed kids and young adults. Both viruses were/are highly contagious from person to person. Initial reports on H1N1 death rates had similar survival rates to that of Corvid 19.

So...2 Pandemic flus in ~10 years with very similar conditions, with the exception of one being primarily young people dying and one being older people dying.

I don't remember the shit hitting the fan back in 2009-2010. Stock market didn't collapse. Didn't run out of toilet paper. I don't remember mass panic and mass cancellations then either. Yet, 1 in 5 Americans got infected. +14,000 deaths in US alone. When all was said and done, 99.9% of the people recovered from it in 2009-2010.

We have a serious situation on our hands AGAIN, but why are people freaking the hell out this time? (That's a Rhetorical question). The greatest threat to our country is not the virus itself. Act responsibly, use good hygiene, and avoid unnecessary contact with people. We got through the last one, we will get through this one if we don't try to kill each other first.
I think one thing people don’t realize are the economic repercussions that are starting to happen. This virus isn’t concerning so much for myself health wise. However, having a son it may affect and, also the fact job sites are closing down totally is. Getting over the virus isn’t the only issue. What happens coming out of quarantine to only find out there’s no work? A two week quarantine, plus the lack of work afterwards is a financial hit that many can’t afford. A virus is one thing. People who work in the trades should be more concerned about lack of work. I’m not one of the people who have the opportunity to work from home.
It’s ridiculous. This no toilet paper or bottled water stuff going on. Hell, my wife wanted to make meatball subs yesterday. I ran to the store to get Hoagie bread. NOTHING!!!. I had meatballs on a god dam bagel LOL.
3/13/2020 3:17am Edited Date/Time 3/13/2020 3:18am
thorns wrote:
For anyone still thinking its all an over reaction, worth having a read through this, pretty bloody bleak, from someone on the front line of it...
For anyone still thinking its all an over reaction, worth having a read through this, pretty bloody bleak, from someone on the front line of it in Italy.

https://twitter.com/jasonvanschoor/status/1237142891077697538
Well if this Italian Twitter thread is legit it’s beyond scary as my wife has leukemia and myself an early blood cancer (making me also immunosuppressed) - I’m referring to the fact that if this thread it true that Italy is faced with letting anyone with an existing condition or over 65 expire (not even intubating them due to lack of intubation, ventilator abilities). Hopefully this isn’t accurate because if it is and happens in other countries it’s beyond terrifying.

There’s no proof any info in this person’s Twitter thread is true. I see someone from the BBC asked the author for an interview to confirm this info but there was no at least public response from the author.

3/13/2020 3:44am
thorns wrote:
For anyone still thinking its all an over reaction, worth having a read through this, pretty bloody bleak, from someone on the front line of it...
For anyone still thinking its all an over reaction, worth having a read through this, pretty bloody bleak, from someone on the front line of it in Italy.

https://twitter.com/jasonvanschoor/status/1237142891077697538
https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-13/how-will-coronavirus-impact-t…

ABC (Australia) is pretty impartial. Good luck to everyone
Motox627!
3/13/2020 7:26am
The double butt cheek section before the left hander looks a bit dicey!
MOTO1313
3/13/2020 7:30am
Well, back to watching golf I guess. Could be worse, at least I'm not a basketball fan.

Post a reply to: Indy cancelled

The Latest