Industry Idiots Fantasy SX (Pulp league)

langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
5/2/2022 4:46pm Edited Date/Time 5/9/2022 4:11pm
So we are down to the last race and the points have closed up quite a bit. There’s a lot at stake…

There has been a guy (Danny142) with a pretty dominate lead in the league, as well as the Championship league too. This guy has lead both leagues for most of the series, but I think he may of went too far on his pics last week.
I’m guessing with his 100 point lead, he may of went out of character to tried to get a big score and pad his lead. But it backfired and he had a very low score. He’s no longer in the lead in the Industry Idiots league and has dropped to 4th in the Championship league. Good for the rest of us, but I really feel for him to be honest…

There’s a Yamaha YZ450 for the winner of the championship league and $10g’s for first in the Industry Idiots.

I don’t know who he is, or if he is on this forum, but hopefully he’s OK after last race ! Unsure

His pics went to shit-

As it stands-(Industry Idiots)

Championship league-

To the rest of you guys in a good position for cash and prizes… Good luck next weekend and let the best pics win ! Cool
|
ProKawi24
5/2/2022 5:20pm
I'm going full send this weekend. Nothing to lose and need to make up major points.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
5/2/2022 6:10pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
I'm going full send this weekend. Nothing to lose and need to make up major points.
I’m going to throw down some long shots too, if it makes sense. It’s been a couple so-so weeks, I was in 3rd two weeks ago, but blew it
JMed651
5/2/2022 6:26pm
If you stay in 9th what does that pay in the idiots league? I’ve been seeing your name up there a lot and almost asked a few weeks ago how you were feeling but didn’t wanna mess with you haha.

And man. Homey sent it and it didn’t go well 😂
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
5/2/2022 6:43pm
JMed651 wrote:
If you stay in 9th what does that pay in the idiots league? I’ve been seeing your name up there a lot and almost asked a...
If you stay in 9th what does that pay in the idiots league? I’ve been seeing your name up there a lot and almost asked a few weeks ago how you were feeling but didn’t wanna mess with you haha.

$800
Big difference from 2nd which is 10X that

The Shop

jk367
5/2/2022 6:50pm
Ouch!!! But honestly can’t feel too bad for him after picking Jerry lol I also was scared off Sanford which saved my voice during lcq lol do they do idiots for outdoors as well? I wanna get in on that even though I’ve had a terrible year!! Good luck to u langham and keep us updated
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
5/2/2022 6:57pm Edited Date/Time 5/2/2022 6:58pm
jk367 wrote:
Ouch!!! But honestly can’t feel too bad for him after picking Jerry lol I also was scared off Sanford which saved my voice during lcq lol...
Ouch!!! But honestly can’t feel too bad for him after picking Jerry lol I also was scared off Sanford which saved my voice during lcq lol do they do idiots for outdoors as well? I wanna get in on that even though I’ve had a terrible year!! Good luck to u langham and keep us updated
Yes, outdoors as well.

Yeah there’s a list of guys that I refuse to pick and he’s one of them. Although he looked really good last race, but had some bad luck
Thank you, it’s going to be stressful picking my team for SLC. But I’m not going to play it safe
JMed651
5/2/2022 7:16pm
JMed651 wrote:
If you stay in 9th what does that pay in the idiots league? I’ve been seeing your name up there a lot and almost asked a...

langhammx wrote:
$800
Big difference from 2nd which is 10X that
Damn! Well cheers to a good SLC and make some money man!
jk367
5/3/2022 12:30am
jk367 wrote:
Ouch!!! But honestly can’t feel too bad for him after picking Jerry lol I also was scared off Sanford which saved my voice during lcq lol...
langhammx wrote:
Yes, outdoors as well. Yeah there’s a list of guys that I refuse to pick and he’s one of them. Although he looked really good last...
Yes, outdoors as well.

Yeah there’s a list of guys that I refuse to pick and he’s one of them. Although he looked really good last race, but had some bad luck
Thank you, it’s going to be stressful picking my team for SLC. But I’m not going to play it safe
Shoot me the details to get signed up if it’s allowed before moto starts. Hell yeah go for it in slc. Army might be a good pick if he’s back but it’s always scary picking this dudes specially in a shootout
yak651
Fantasy
168th
5/3/2022 5:44am
jk367 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Yes, outdoors as well. Yeah there’s a list of guys that I refuse to pick and he’s one of them. Although he looked really good last...
Yes, outdoors as well.

Great job with the picks! Just think 10 points each round more is all you needed. Getting FFL right for both classes each week...
Did you get 8 in each round except for this last one? Assuming that's the ticket...
stremme12
Fantasy
3648th
5/3/2022 6:04am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2022 6:07am
jk367 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Yes, outdoors as well.

yak651 wrote:
Great job with the picks! Just think 10 points each round more is all you needed. Getting FFL right for both classes each week... Did you...
Great job with the picks! Just think 10 points each round more is all you needed. Getting FFL right for both classes each week...
Did you get 8 in each round except for this last one? Assuming that's the ticket...
I've done well a couple years and in the years I've done well I never won a weekly price. Honestly never really came close. Probably top 50 or so was my best. The year I finished 2nd I think I may have had 1 or 2 races with 7 guys in. Only picked FFL on triple crowns. It seems the average score is up now from what is use to be to win. Probably due to more people playing now than before and more triple crowns help. If you want to do good overall you have to play the long game and not go for weekly prizes. Towards the end of the season it gets a little harder to get huge points swings as well. Riders fall into a groove and you can just about predict the finishes most of the time. Even with me only having 7 guys in at Denver my overall rank stayed the same. The swings are just a lot smaller towards the end.
Payup_199
5/3/2022 6:39am
love this game. Was 18th O/A for the year a couple years ago. Currently 159th and 60th in idiots. I've won a few bucks in idiots over the years but not much.

Really makes you pay attention to EVERYONE in the races. Makes Saturdays interesting!

Good luck everyone at the last round!
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1599th
5/3/2022 6:48am
WTF WAS HE THINKING WITH THOSE PICKS?! Wow he really went full send. Hopefully he’s not on suicide watch 🙏🏼🙏🏼
yak651
Fantasy
168th
5/3/2022 7:14am
langhammx wrote:
Yes, outdoors as well.

yak651 wrote:
Great job with the picks! Just think 10 points each round more is all you needed. Getting FFL right for both classes each week... Did you...
stremme12 wrote:
I've done well a couple years and in the years I've done well I never won a weekly price. Honestly never really came close. Probably top...
I've done well a couple years and in the years I've done well I never won a weekly price. Honestly never really came close. Probably top 50 or so was my best. The year I finished 2nd I think I may have had 1 or 2 races with 7 guys in. Only picked FFL on triple crowns. It seems the average score is up now from what is use to be to win. Probably due to more people playing now than before and more triple crowns help. If you want to do good overall you have to play the long game and not go for weekly prizes. Towards the end of the season it gets a little harder to get huge points swings as well. Riders fall into a groove and you can just about predict the finishes most of the time. Even with me only having 7 guys in at Denver my overall rank stayed the same. The swings are just a lot smaller towards the end.
Yeah I had a bad first week and then was slowly clawing my way to respectable finishes. Then I had another bad week and after that went full send and that didn't work!! I'm way back now and lost interest until MX season starts...
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
5/3/2022 7:48am
jk367 wrote:
Shoot me the details to get signed up if it’s allowed before moto starts. Hell yeah go for it in slc. Army might be a good...
Shoot me the details to get signed up if it’s allowed before moto starts. Hell yeah go for it in slc. Army might be a good pick if he’s back but it’s always scary picking this dudes specially in a shootout
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
5/3/2022 7:52am
yak651 wrote:
I had 7/8 a few races, but I really only had a couple bad rounds. There were a couple weeks when the high score wasn’t very high for many.
I played around too much with the FFL, but I definitely won more than I lost, so it was worth it.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
5/3/2022 7:56am
stremme12 wrote:
I've done well a couple years and in the years I've done well I never won a weekly price. Honestly never really came close. Probably top...
You’ve done well, you are definitely playing the game right, IMO. I have gotten lucky a few times when trying to go all in, but I seem to get one guy that either doesn’t make the main or ends up DNF with a small handicap (think Bogle or Davalos haha)
Good luck in SLC
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
5/3/2022 8:01am Edited Date/Time 5/8/2022 12:05pm
Payup_199 wrote:
love this game. Was 18th O/A for the year a couple years ago. Currently 159th and 60th in idiots. I've won a few bucks in idiots...
love this game. Was 18th O/A for the year a couple years ago. Currently 159th and 60th in idiots. I've won a few bucks in idiots over the years but not much.

Really makes you pay attention to EVERYONE in the races. Makes Saturdays interesting!

Good luck everyone at the last round!
I got the #17 plate a couple years ago, I made some good money between SX and MX that year.
I tell others, who don’t play, that it really makes you pay attention to all the riders, instead of just the front runners. I like that part too. I end up cheering for guys that some of my friends have never heard of.
stremme12
Fantasy
3648th
5/3/2022 8:03am
stremme12 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
You’ve done well, you are definitely playing the game right, IMO. I have gotten lucky a few times when trying to go all in, but I...
You’ve done well, you are definitely playing the game right, IMO. I have gotten lucky a few times when trying to go all in, but I seem to get one guy that either doesn’t make the main or ends up DNF with a small handicap (think Bogle or Davalos haha)
Good luck in SLC
I tried to go a little risky this week with Sanford. He was so close in the heat and LCQ. There's clearly something wrong with Bogle. I just figured he would be riding well to secure a ride for next year but he's definitely got something going on with him that doesn't allow him to ride hard for 20 minutes. He's just someone you had to take since there were plenty of people who picked him on a bad week last week. It's just very hard to jump a bunch of points when it gets towards the end. I will probably try and risk it again this week. The pay bumps are worth the risk. Good luck to you!
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
5/3/2022 8:04am
WTF WAS HE THINKING WITH THOSE PICKS?! Wow he really went full send. Hopefully he’s not on suicide watch 🙏🏼🙏🏼
Yeah, like I said, I think his thought was he had an opportunity to pad his lead and it totally back fired. I really do feel bad for him, it seemed like he was going to have a brand new 450 and another $10K in his bank account. But he’s still in it for the money, but may end up with a set of Fly gear instead of a 450. Lol
dl117
Fantasy
2546th
5/3/2022 12:31pm
i got a little sendy also and had sanford and robin.......i have had a few real shitty weeks this year, I think its when i over think, for foxburough I pretty much left my thurs team as I was at our first race of the year and missed most of the practice sessions, and did way better that denver when i was watching everything like a hawk.
stremme12
Fantasy
3648th
5/3/2022 12:47pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2022 12:49pm
dl117 wrote:
i got a little sendy also and had sanford and robin.......i have had a few real shitty weeks this year, I think its when i over...
i got a little sendy also and had sanford and robin.......i have had a few real shitty weeks this year, I think its when i over think, for foxburough I pretty much left my thurs team as I was at our first race of the year and missed most of the practice sessions, and did way better that denver when i was watching everything like a hawk.
If you look up Robin in the vault he really wasn't a good pick.
At a 10 handicap even if he made the main his finishes in SX the last 5 years are terrible. Sanford was on the bubble but would have atleast produced some points. I wouldn't have even picked Jerry had I known he was for sure in the main.
dl117
Fantasy
2546th
5/3/2022 12:52pm
stremme12 wrote:
If you look up Robin in the vault he really wasn't a good pick. At a 10 handicap even if he made the main his finishes...
At a 10 handicap even if he made the main his finishes in SX the last 5 years are terrible. Sanford was on the bubble but would have atleast produced some points. I wouldn't have even picked Jerry had I known he was for sure in the main.
Oh i know better, but I am a sucker sometimes for the local guys, have watched him since he was on 50's, not always a wise strategy on my part.
yak651
Fantasy
168th
5/3/2022 4:49pm
stremme12 wrote:
If you look up Robin in the vault he really wasn't a good pick. At a 10 handicap even if he made the main his finishes...
dl117 wrote:
Oh i know better, but I am a sucker sometimes for the local guys, have watched him since he was on 50's, not always a wise...
Oh i know better, but I am a sucker sometimes for the local guys, have watched him since he was on 50's, not always a wise strategy on my part.
Yep I do that also. Pick guys I want to do well instead of picking those with better chances of doing well…
tuttle425
5/3/2022 5:34pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
I’ve gone full send the last four weekends to try and score some weekly prizes. I’ll give ya one guess as to how that’s worked out.
jk367
5/4/2022 9:57am
dl117 wrote:
i got a little sendy also and had sanford and robin.......i have had a few real shitty weeks this year, I think its when i over...
stremme12 wrote:
Yup anything under a 12 for Jerry should be a no go zone for sure.
jk367
5/8/2022 11:58am
Made a pretty nice jump langham good job!!! I got bit by clason and bloss as well lol fantasy blues
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
5/8/2022 12:03pm
jk367 wrote:
Made a pretty nice jump langham good job!!! I got bit by clason and bloss as well lol fantasy blues
Thank you, I’ll take it…
I got lucky that the 8 guys ahead of me and the closest 5 behind me all had similar 450 teams, or I would’ve dropped like a rock. Lol
4th overall was a good finish, bring on the outdoors !
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3807th
5/9/2022 2:15pm
Bloss and Clason dropping late in the main ruined my title hopes in a league with my friends. I only lost by 9 points! Pinch
jgmxdad251
5/9/2022 4:11pm
jk367 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Thank you, I’ll take it… I got lucky that the 8 guys ahead of me and the closest 5 behind me all had similar 450 teams...
Thank you, I’ll take it…
I got lucky that the 8 guys ahead of me and the closest 5 behind me all had similar 450 teams, or I would’ve dropped like a rock. Lol
4th overall was a good finish, bring on the outdoors !
Good job! 1,4,11 is not a bad 1/2 season….. congrats Stemme12 too! Not a good season for me, only scored 3935😂😂😂

Post a reply to: Industry Idiots Fantasy SX (Pulp league)

The Latest