Indianapolis 2 Supercross - Night Show Bench Racing

CJ Hadwin
2/2/2021 7:39pm
ocscottie wrote:
First repeat winner, love it. Now how about an Indy sweep? Whistling
Give Roczen an Indy sweep this year, and no major mishaps.....I think this is his. He's crushin it this year.
MVP44
Checking out early is ideal... but boring
RalphS
Interesting how AC raced ET hard and after the pass he faded. There is no love between these 2.
aeffertz
2/2/2021 7:40pm
tingo wrote:
Todd is terrible
Yeah, I'm over the nostalgia factor. He's 'Ralph Lite', bringing nothing to the table other than a loud voice and constant discrepancies. Keep Leigh in there full time if they can't get anyone else.

IMO, if you don't know a sport front to back, you shouldn't be calling the game/race.

The Shop

yz133rider
2/2/2021 7:41pm
tingo wrote:
Todd is terrible
aeffertz wrote:
Yeah, I'm over the nostalgia factor. He's 'Ralph Lite', bringing nothing to the table other than a loud voice and constant discrepancies. Keep Leigh in there...
Yeah, I'm over the nostalgia factor. He's 'Ralph Lite', bringing nothing to the table other than a loud voice and constant discrepancies. Keep Leigh in there full time if they can't get anyone else.

IMO, if you don't know a sport front to back, you shouldn't be calling the game/race.
I think Todd is fine, Ricky is incredibly bad though. He stumbles over nearly half of his sentences.
str8line
2/2/2021 7:41pm
Park Boys wrote:
Webb’s pace is way off compared to Kenny and Eli these last couple weeks, yet he still pulls off good results. A danger man still.

Yup, can't count out Webb. Lot of the season left and he seems to always maximize.
gym_jackets
2/2/2021 7:42pm
aeffertz wrote:
Yeah, I'm over the nostalgia factor. He's 'Ralph Lite', bringing nothing to the table other than a loud voice and constant discrepancies. Keep Leigh in there...

I know a guy who knows the sport front to back and is at almost every race already...but that's none of my businessWhistling
Fourth_Floor
2/2/2021 7:46pm
tingo wrote:
Todd is terrible
aeffertz wrote:

If they're going to bounce back and forth between commentators why not let RC take the helm and be the main guy? This dude tonight was fucking aweful. "The officials thought Oldenburg did something inappropriate"........the way he worded that made it sound like the dude was being accused of whipping his dick out in the pits or something. Shut the fuck up and let RC talk.
gym_jackets
2/2/2021 7:47pm
If they're going to bounce back and forth between commentators why not let RC take the helm and be the main guy? This dude tonight was...
If they're going to bounce back and forth between commentators why not let RC take the helm and be the main guy? This dude tonight was fucking aweful. "The officials thought Oldenburg did something inappropriate"........the way he worded that made it sound like the dude was being accused of whipping his dick out in the pits or something. Shut the fuck up and let RC talk.
Idk what world you're living in, but RC is not a play by play guy. He's barely a color commentator.
pbody
Fantasy
320th
2/2/2021 7:48pm
Is there a way to listen/watch the post-race press conference live?
tingo
2/2/2021 7:49pm Edited Date/Time 2/2/2021 7:51pm
tingo wrote:
Todd is terrible
aeffertz wrote:

yz133rider wrote:
I think Todd is fine, Ricky is incredibly bad though. He stumbles over nearly half of his sentences.
Ricky had a rough night, for sure. Todd said a lot of dumb shit, too. I usually don’t complain about the announcers (I thought Ralph was fine,) but it all seemed exceptionally bad tonight, except for Daniel, of course.

They were still better at their jobs than the AMA officials were, so that’s a positive.
JT Moto
2/2/2021 7:50pm
Ricky is so fucking bad it’s diminishing his racing career.
Does he stumble over his words in his day to day conversations? We need a change in the worse way.
nickm
2/2/2021 7:54pm
All I know is I love Tuesday night SX!!
Fourth_Floor
2/2/2021 7:55pm
If they're going to bounce back and forth between commentators why not let RC take the helm and be the main guy? This dude tonight was...
Idk what world you're living in, but RC is not a play by play guy. He's barely a color commentator.
He knows the sport! His observations are pretty spot on the majority of the time just like calling Oldenbergs mechanical causing the crash by noticing the rear tire stopping mid flight. That's interesting to the general viewer like "wow, this dude knows his shit" vs "Oldenberg goes for the rope-a-dope outside to inside sending him over the bars!!!!!!!!!!!" I could care less if someone stumbles their words during a live, call it as you see it broadcast. Spewing dumb shit for 3 hours on the other hand.
gym_jackets
2/2/2021 7:57pm
He knows the sport! His observations are pretty spot on the majority of the time just like calling Oldenbergs mechanical causing the crash by noticing the...
He knows the sport! His observations are pretty spot on the majority of the time just like calling Oldenbergs mechanical causing the crash by noticing the rear tire stopping mid flight. That's interesting to the general viewer like "wow, this dude knows his shit" vs "Oldenberg goes for the rope-a-dope outside to inside sending him over the bars!!!!!!!!!!!" I could care less if someone stumbles their words during a live, call it as you see it broadcast. Spewing dumb shit for 3 hours on the other hand.
Ok but the job you described is literally that of a color commentator, which is his position. You need someone in the booth who is a professional and can actually "call" a race. Ricky is the GOAT, but a wordsmith he is not.
Fourth_Floor
2/2/2021 8:00pm
He knows the sport! His observations are pretty spot on the majority of the time just like calling Oldenbergs mechanical causing the crash by noticing the...
Ok but the job you described is literally that of a color commentator, which is his position. You need someone in the booth who is a...
Ok but the job you described is literally that of a color commentator, which is his position. You need someone in the booth who is a professional and can actually "call" a race. Ricky is the GOAT, but a wordsmith he is not.
Well I have faith in the 'ole boy!!
jc34
2/2/2021 8:39pm
Ok but the job you described is literally that of a color commentator, which is his position. You need someone in the booth who is a...
He should study Tony Romo calling nfl games. If he got a little smoother and didnt try to rush everything, all of his experience and sixth sense into what is happening would make his commentary just like Romo. I hate commentators that add nothing more than the average viewer doesnt already know.
visser62
2/2/2021 8:44pm
It's still a long season and Tomac and Webb aren't that far back; I wouldn't count them out yet, especially given Roczen's history with the later part of seasons. That said, Kenny has never looked this incredibly good over the first five races that I can remember. 2015 and 2016 there were too many mistakes, and of course we all know what happened in 2017. Kenny looks awesome.
2/2/2021 8:57pm
Eli scared of barcia
I doubt that. I think this is all Tomac has. He does not look as fit to me as years past.
Lineman25 wrote:
He caught barcia from a ways back. On clean track he took time out of roczen
Yeah...and that push to pass AC and catch Barcia gassed him. Watch Tomac closely. He is not standing up out of corners as aggressively. I have NEVER seen him clip so many jumps and lose time from that. He used to just OJ everything and land pinned. He is riding a lot different...and the different to me looks like fitness. He is literally just not riding as HARD.
BigBoreFan58
2/2/2021 9:12pm
tingo wrote:
Todd is terrible
aeffertz wrote:

yz133rider wrote:
They need to hit their marks.
str8line
2/2/2021 9:40pm Edited Date/Time 2/2/2021 9:40pm
aeffertz wrote:

yz133rider wrote:
They need to hit their marks.
Ricky hit some skid-marks today.
G-man
2/2/2021 9:53pm
Yea I'm missing Ralph ( Never thought I would say that) and Emig.
ShawdowGlen
2/2/2021 11:06pm
Roczen....looking unstoppable now. Wow...

Good to see Barcia getting back up on the box.

Too bad about Jett... tough kid to even go out after those two crashes for the LCQ. Respect.

Crush
2/3/2021 12:01am
tingo wrote:
Todd is terrible
aeffertz wrote:

yz133rider wrote:
He's gotten better, but the reality is, he's just there for clout and has no real bearing on the show being shyte or not.

Todd blasting metaphors that don't make sense doesn't do anything.

Fuckers complaining about Diffey's accent but then not noticing he was calling the correct names as the LCQ racers rounded the first corner is astounding. He's literally their best option.
2/3/2021 12:09am
I don’t give a shit who calls the race. Get Will C off the air. Damn I can’t stand that woman. The only skills she has is saying whatever she needs in one fucking breath.
2/3/2021 1:25am
JT Moto wrote:
Ricky is so fucking bad it’s diminishing his racing career. Does he stumble over his words in his day to day conversations? We need a change...
Does he stumble over his words in his day to day conversations? We need a change in the worse way.
Oh for sure. People are going to start questioning whether or not he's the GOAT of our sport because he's not a naturally gifted speaker.
Bjorn645
Fantasy
1022nd
2/3/2021 2:01am
JT Moto wrote:
Ricky is so fucking bad it’s diminishing his racing career. Does he stumble over his words in his day to day conversations? We need a change...
Listen buddy you don’t seem to post logical sentences in any thread but this is by far the dumbest.
2/3/2021 3:49am
The clock ran down to zero right as Nichols got to the line. Looks like everybody wasn't on the same page at the flag stand.
The clock was at 7 seconds
Ranman68
2/3/2021 11:32am
The best of the best and the real title contenders are the ones who will win with a good start, or consistently move up through the field when they get a bad start. That's Roczen, Tomac, and Webb for sure. At Indy 2, Tomac and Webb both had mishaps in their heat races that led to lousy gate picks.....that led to mid pack starts. Kenny gets a 2nd place start, gets by Barcia immidiatly, and wins. Webb won when he got a good start 2 weeks ago. Tomac did 3 weeks ago. At Indy 2, Webb and Tomac worked up to 3rd and 4th conistently moving forward quicker and quicker due to their pace never slowing down like many others.
Those are the 3 studs in the class for sure. Its gonna be good and points between those three is gonna be close to the end no matter who wins the title.
Webb's ability to make creative moves and passes is amazing to me. His racecraft and ability to get around people is the best out of all of them i think. The top 3 are so impressive in different ways. Awesome season.

Post a reply to: Indianapolis 2 Supercross - Night Show Bench Racing

The Latest