Indiana moto

Related:
Create New Tag

2/11/2021 6:57 PM

I'll be in Vevay Indiana, near Madison for a few months working so I brought my bike. Are there any track s close by and when does it warm up!

|

2/12/2021 6:37 AM

Wrong end of the state Brah... Not much down there. Check out Northern Kentucky would be my guess, or hit me up in the Spring and come north for the weekend. We have some really good spots.
Robbi

|

2/12/2021 6:40 AM

Robbirob25 wrote:

Wrong end of the state Brah... Not much down there. Check out Northern Kentucky would be my guess, or hit me up in the Spring ...more

Will do! Thanks!

|

2/12/2021 6:45 AM

You’re in the wrong state, period. I moved here about 2 years ago, and the moto pickin’s are slim. Haspin Acres is near there, but it is full of drunk rednecks in side by sides, so be careful. Your best bet would probably be to drive to East Fork MX in Ohio. It is a top notch facility run by Plessinger’s dad.

|

2/12/2021 6:53 AM

Yeah, weather is definitely crap around here right now and most MX tracks probably won't be opening until late in March, early April if weather cooperates? Daniel Boone MX in Kentucky might be the best track for you if they get some decent weather for an open MX practice relatively soon, check them out. There's also a western Kentucky arenacross series that has indoor track you might check out?
Coming from California, you working on Kat Von D's bed and breakfast she's opening in Vevay, not much else in that area, lol? PM me if you want to meet for lunch some day, I only live an hour north and can fill you in on the area.

|

2/12/2021 7:01 AM

Not much moto but a thriving off road scene. If that’s something you’d consider check out IXCR.com. Also a private club called SadlebackEast that has 2 moto tracks- although their usually in pretty rough shape- KY dirt isn’t the greatest. I’d be willing to get you in as a guest if you wanted to check it out.

|

2/12/2021 7:03 AM

I’m sure it’s covered in Snow right now but LTMX in Indiana is awesome. I live in TN and go up to Indy occasionally. If you get a couple free days look into road tripping to Montster Mountain in AL. I’m from Ca too and it is like nothing you’ll ride back there. I believe it’s like 7-8 hours. Def worth a weekend trip.

|

www.viralmoto.com
@viral_moto

2/12/2021 7:05 AM

I'm on the western side of the state. 30 min north of Evansville. We have Echo valley, Lincoln trail, highfly all within 2 hrs of me. Prob a bit longer for you. As others have said haspin is probably the closest. But it's a public riding park sooo who knows what you will get.

|

2018 CRF250R

2/12/2021 8:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2021 8:09 AM

LTMX and Motoland are deep sand tracks and they have practice only. I have not hit LTMX yet but Motoland is awesome if you like sand. They even have free bike wash stations next to the track. High Fly MX is in Scottsburg so not very far from you. It is on facebook. I don't know if they have a website. It is built on the side of a hill so it is kind of gnarly. If you want to race Lincoln trail is where it is at but that is about 2 hours west of Indianapolis.

Edit: I left out there are at least 6 off-road series in Indiana so that is where the competition is in Indiana right now especially in the south half of the state.

|

2/12/2021 8:18 AM

LTMX is open every day and it's a sand track that does great with moisture. Casey, IL has an awesome facility.

|

2/12/2021 8:20 AM

I'm down with any kind of riding! Definitely want to do some off road, any day on 2 wheels is ok with me.

|

2/12/2021 8:21 AM

Found a few more.

Nickota motocross park in Bedford, KY
Parsons MX in Odon, IN
Andre's in Shelbyville, IN (very small jumps and tight turns)
Hoosier Hilltoppers in Paris Crossing, IN. This is pretty close to you but is a club, and I don't think they raced last year.
There is a practice track at the Badlands off-road park but it is a pretty good drive from you and not well maintained. The park has lots of sand dunes and some rocks if you like that. It can be ridden any time of year, and it drains well so you can ride there during a rain storm but the track is not sand and is closed if it is wet at all.
Haspin Acres in Laurel, IN has a track that does races and gets some maintenance but it is not open a lot.
East Fork MX is east of Cincinnati as mentioned earlier.
Dirt Country also east of Cincinnati. Not sure what shape it is in or if it is still open.

|

2/12/2021 8:32 AM

Ok just saw your post about off-road. You can race every weekend in Indiana from May-October if you run off-road. Here are the series I know about:

IXCR - best organization probably my least favorite courses. First race is at Badlands end of Feb. It is the closest thing to desert racing out west. The other races are not like that. Bikes race Sunday. Several races near you. Big turnouts. AM bikes can be over 300+

MWXC - This just changed ownership. I ran two of these last year. More open courses than IXCR. Much smaller turnout. Bikes Sunday

Extreme XC - Newer series from group that broke off from MWXC. Good mix of open and technical terrain. I had more fun at these courses. Bikes Sunday

Crossroads XC - Possibly most open courses. I ran one last year and it was fun. Bikes run Saturday so you miss out on some quad ruts.

Stoney Lonesome - Very old club that runs hare scrambles near Columbus, IN so not real far from you. Bikes only. Race on Sundays. Have to be an AMA member to race. Club so you can show up to race but not to practice.

Sigps - Another GP like series in Southern Indiana. I don't know much about this one.

Two GNCC races in Crawfordsville, IN this year. Bikes run Sunday. One MX national at same location in August. Two GNCC races in Ohio also this year.

|

2/12/2021 9:11 AM

Haspin is okay but 95% of the time it’s unprepoed and hard a concrete with rain ruts. Your better off trail riding there on a weekday to avoid the drunk idiots in rzrs like stated above. If you venture to northwest Ohio give Pusheta Creek Mx a try. Located just outside of Wapakoneta

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

2/12/2021 10:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2021 10:17 AM

quadzrulebro wrote:

You’re in the wrong state, period. I moved here about 2 years ago, and the moto pickin’s are slim. Haspin Acres is near there, ...more

Up North near MI we have quite a few options. I have 5 nice tracks 45-1hr drive away from my house. Red Bud, Martin MX, Log Road, Wabash Cannonball, Trojan, and Hangtime. and plenty of private tracks you will never hear of. Motoland, LTMX, FMX, and Wildcat Creek are under 2 hours.

|

2/12/2021 11:03 AM

I stayed in Indiana for a month in July, and I was actually impressed with the moto scene. There were multiple races to choose from every weekend, especially if youre into off-road, as others have said its doing well.

My wife is from Indiana so I have spent sometime riding there over the years and enjoy it. Seems way more laid back then Texas with much less of the cool guy attitude in the pits. Plus with there being less riding choices, and a much smaller state than Texas, it seems like I saw a dirt bike in the back of truck everywhere I went

here are some of my experiences with tracks, some of them might be closed

Red Fox TnT - Nothing special about the moto track, and requires membership for practice days. Has trails, but I havent ridden them. Fun place to ride to kill a day, but nothing to lose your mind over

Echo Valley (KY) - FUN track, highly recommend if it is still open

Dunns MX (KY) - I didnt love it, wide open moto track, which im just not that comfortable on. Nice elevation changes and a few big ass booters

Outlaw (Fair grounds style arenacross) - Exactly the kind of track you would expect for a fair grounds style arenacross. Cheap entry fee's, and I met some of the nicest people at the race.

Warrick County 4H Arenacross - Like outlaw, but much bigger layout, hated the track design. I believe (during non-COVID times) theres an entire 4H fair arenacross series.

SIGPS Lynville Off Road - I had never raced off-road before, but consider myself a decent woods rider. I was wrong. I got my ass kicked. It was over 100 outside, and I had raced at outlaw the night before. The course was somewhat muddy, and whooped out to hell. I would like to take another crack at it. Well organized, nice layout, I just sucked

|

2/12/2021 11:23 AM

friday10 wrote:

I'm down with any kind of riding! Definitely want to do some off road, any day on 2 wheels is ok with me.

If you like off road and are a fan of mud, water, and rocks, the IXCR series is a vibrant series. I rode the first round of IXCR last year, and while it was fun, I had to frame my bike to get all the mud out of it. Pretty hard on equipment. The cool part is, though, you know exactly when your race is, so you can show up, ride 2 hours, and head home.

|

2/12/2021 11:30 AM

quadzrulebro wrote:

You’re in the wrong state, period. I moved here about 2 years ago, and the moto pickin’s are slim. Haspin Acres is near there, ...more

kNewc wrote:

Up North near MI we have quite a few options. I have 5 nice tracks 45-1hr drive away from my house. Red Bud, Martin MX, Log ...more

I’m down in Fishers, so those tracks are all quite a haul for me. I’ve been to Red Bud and LTMX. Both are a good time. I’m a member at Wabash, so I get up there once in a while. I find myself driving to Lincoln Trail to race more often than not. That’s a great facility, but would be quite a haul for the OP. It always blows my mind that there isn’t a proper motocross track within an hour of Indianapolis.

|

2/12/2021 3:44 PM

quadzrulebro wrote:

kNewc wrote:

Up North near MI we have quite a few options. I have 5 nice tracks 45-1hr drive away from my house. Red Bud, Martin MX, Log ...more

quadzrulebro wrote:

I’m down in Fishers, so those tracks are all quite a haul for me. I’ve been to Red Bud and LTMX. Both are a good time. I’m a ...more

How’s Wabash? I seen their Facebook page pop up awhile back and liked it so I could check it out. I’m not too far away

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

2/12/2021 3:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2021 3:58 PM

quadzrulebro wrote:

Don't forget about Parsons MX in Odon IN. A bit of a drive but a big fun track. Guys that run it are good dudes

|

2/12/2021 3:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2021 3:59 PM

kNewc wrote:

quadzrulebro wrote:

I’m down in Fishers, so those tracks are all quite a haul for me. I’ve been to Red Bud and LTMX. Both are a good time. I’m a ...more

eric513anderson wrote:

How’s Wabash? I seen their Facebook page pop up awhile back and liked it so I could check it out. I’m not too far away

It’s really good. I’m part of the track prep crew up there, so if you don’t like it, blame it on me. The city just gave them a massive supply of mulch, so it will be getting tilled in all year.

|