Have you tried a knee sleeve for pain?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/14/2018 4:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/16/2018 3:19 PM

Has anyone tried a knee Sleeve for knee pain (this has nothing to do with knee braces)? I acknowledge it is probably a gimmick.
Thanks

|

11/15/2018 6:38 AM

The only thing I can say about them is that they get 4.5 stars on amazon. Might be worth a shot?

|

2013 KTM 450SXF, 1983 YZ 250K, & 1983 CR 250

11/15/2018 12:00 PM

I have not used that particular product. I agree the marketing about ions and such sounds like a gimmick. Compression sleeves in general can be helpful, which you can sort of see with the generally high reviews of similar products on Amazon. I find generic compression sleeves to be helpful at times, and that's with knees that I just found out are near bone to bone on one and not quite as bad on the other.

|

11/15/2018 12:18 PM

I use them under my Mobius knee braces. They're basically like most other compression sleeves, but they're very comfortable....forget I'm wearing them. They don't sweat like the neoprene sleeves either.

|

1/29/2021 12:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/31/2021 7:00 AM

ACBraap wrote:

I have not used that particular product. I agree the marketing about ions and such sounds like a gimmick. Compression sleeves in general can be helpful, which you can sort of see with the generally high reviews of similar products on Amazon. I find generic compression sleeves to be helpful at times, and that's with knees that I just found out are near bone to bone on one and not quite as bad on the other.

In our world there are a lot of problems and diseases that need to be treated with different medicines and they are sometimes very difficult to find. One of the most popular medicines for many diseases is Kratom. This preparation is practiced to treat mental and physical illnesses. I personally recommend this preparation to you, as it also helped me a lot during the diploma. But all for sure ask where it can be bought legally and without harm to health, and I will answer you that a site with a variety of kratom types will provide you with treatment for almost all diseases, because kratom grows in Africa where everything is environmentally friendly and safe.

|

1/29/2021 1:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/29/2021 1:27 AM

I have a pair of 2 year old rehband 5mm sleeves from crossfit that I use from time to time at the track. For me, they help during cold conditions, and give just the slightest little pop off the seat. It may depend more on what your knee pain actually is. Arthritis, partial tear, rehabbed repair, etc. My case was patellar tracking issue and I swear it was the overuse of knee sleeves in the gym that aggravated my tendonitis. You can find cheap ones on Amazon of enough quality to apply compression and joint warmth. Give them a try and good luck

|

1/29/2021 4:55 AM

I’ve found that knee sleeves have allowed me to run and ride bicycles avoiding pain. I’m talking run of the mill compression sleeves.

As I’ve gotten older it’s a necessity for me. I’m wearing out I guess.

|

1/29/2021 4:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/29/2021 7:14 AM

My left was hyperextended / dislocated when I was 18. There’s no acl, no meniscus, it’s been bone on bone for years. I use a neoprene sleeve for long walks and wear one under my left knee pad when I ride. It helps if it’s cold and gives a little cushion between the pads or knee brace. I don’t think it does shit for reducing pain. It feels slightly more supported than not wearing one, and keeps it warm. I tried the copper and silver ones they sell at Best Buy and couldn’t tell any difference between that and just the neoprene sleeve, although I know a guy who swears they help him. For me ice helps the most for pain. I wish they made one that had a cold pack built into it.

|

1/29/2021 5:29 AM

I don’t remember what exact brand I bought but my knees get sore from time to time, I just got compression sleeves for both of them and have been wearing them when I ride, they seem to help with soreness for sure.

|

1/29/2021 7:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/29/2021 7:11 AM

I use a large ACE bandage under my knee brace for skiing. The kind they wrap you in after knee surgery. I like that you can decide how tightly to wrap it vs. a compression sleeve.

https://www.avacaremedical.com/matrix-elastic-bandages?fee=14&fep=109205&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw7fYkrbB7gIVD-PACh2tIwQDEAQYCCABEgK-lfD_BwE

|

1/29/2021 9:54 AM

Bone on bone left knee. I use a sleeve w a long wrap over it. Makes a big difference for me. Without it walking around it hurts a lot more.

|

1/29/2021 10:02 AM

I use one I bought off Amazon occasionally for general walking around and running. My right knee has days every so often where it simply doesn't feel 100% and the compression sleeve has helped quite a bit.

I haven't needed one for riding. For whatever reason I have a lot more issues walking/running than I ever do riding a dirtbike. *Knock on wood*

|

James

1/29/2021 10:21 AM

I've been using a freeze sleeve for elbow pain and it's helped. It compression and cold therapy in one sleeve. Maybe something to look at for post-ride usage on the knee.

https://amzn.to/3ouxm9z

|

Purveyor of Awesome
Host of Seat Time
seattime.co

twitter: @woodybepierced
instagram: @woodybepierced

1/29/2021 11:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2021 8:23 AM

Sleeves/Compression helped out initially when I injured my knee in 2019. For riding I wear Shock Doctors 872 and then wear knee/shin pads over that. The Shock Doctors have helped me out immensely for running and riding. I have Grade II Chondromalacia, Patellaformal syndrome, and ITBS...

|

1/29/2021 11:54 AM

I can’t get through an active day without one anymore. Almost 41, torn ACL at the age of 21, again at 30. Skate boards, snowboards, moto...they’ve all taken their toll.

I use a Bauerfeind brand, pricey, but I wear it 5-6 days a week for 10-16 hours a day.

|

1/29/2021 4:10 PM

|

1/29/2021 6:14 PM

When I was younger and quite stubborn about getting things properly fixed with surgery I tried everything I could find including sleeves. The thing that worked the best was one of those leather covered rubber tubing straps that you put just below your patella. It actually made it feel fine for a time. In the long run though most knee damage doesn't heal up and you are better off to get it fixed surgically. I have two new knees and they are better than great. No pain, got rid of my cane, and I can still ride a bit although at my age I take it easy. I should have done it much earlier.

|

1/29/2021 9:31 PM

stantdm wrote:

When I was younger and quite stubborn about getting things properly fixed with surgery I tried everything I could find including sleeves. The thing that worked the best was one of those leather covered rubber tubing straps that you put just below your patella. It actually made it feel fine for a time. In the long run though most knee damage doesn't heal up and you are better off to get it fixed surgically. I have two new knees and they are better than great. No pain, got rid of my cane, and I can still ride a bit although at my age I take it easy. I should have done it much earlier.

That’s the truth. When I injured mine in 05, I put off repairing it for a year for a deployment and I survived on shots, sleeves, etc etc.

When I finally went in for surgery it was completely shot. Right one is know bone on bone, left one is better off but not a whole hell of a lot.

Fixing them early is better by far than milking it and ruining them completely.

|

1/30/2021 4:46 AM

Not sure your levels of knee pain. For a me a knee sleeve didn’t work. Never found one to fit properly. I started to use KT Tape on and off in a series and doing some leg workouts. That worked for me. The pain/tiredness is almost none existent now. If you haven’t tried tape give it a shot. I used to be a sceptic.

|

1/30/2021 6:42 AM

kNewc wrote:

Sleeves/Compression helped out initially when I injured my knee in 2019. For riding I wear Shock Doctors 872 and then wear knee/shin pads over that. The Shock Doctors have helped me out immensely for running and riding. I have Grade II Chondromalacia, Patellaformal syndrome, and ITBS...

Can’t find the 852?

|

1/30/2021 6:45 AM

I sure could use some thin even like 1mm of neoprene padding on my knees get really banged up from the bone knuckle catching the edges of the rad shrouds. have tried some crap from Dicks for football etc but man that stuff just holds sweat up like crazy. litearly wringing them out after 1 30min moto. really suck.

not afraid to pay if somebody's got the magic padded sleeve

|

1/30/2021 7:17 AM

I have ridden with both mid weight knee sleeves and compression sleeves under Mobius knees braces, they can add some support and can make knee pain less noticeable when riding. Think it's due to keeping the joint warmer and reducing swelling. Helps to keep compression on for awhile after riding for same reasons.

|

1/30/2021 8:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2021 8:25 AM

kNewc wrote:

holeshot413 wrote:

Can’t find the 852?

872** My apologies I corrected it. Here's a link
https://www.shockdoctor.com/products/knee-support-with-dual-hinges?variant=14354298568757

|

1/30/2021 8:40 AM

dbx33 wrote:

I sure could use some thin even like 1mm of neoprene padding on my knees get really banged up from the bone knuckle catching the edges of the rad shrouds. have tried some crap from Dicks for football etc but man that stuff just holds sweat up like crazy. litearly wringing them out after 1 30min moto. really suck.

not afraid to pay if somebody's got the magic padded sleeve

Use these. They are produced by a skater/moto dude in NorCal. Knitted instead of neoprene.

https://oldbonestherapy.com/collections/knee-braces-sleeves

I also have some TLD D30 knee pads from MTB that might work for you. They are relatively thin and breathe well.

|

1/30/2021 9:40 AM

stantdm wrote:

Famous phrase there at the end. Good advice there. I suppose you could do leg day every day but eventually you will need surgery to fix it.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

1/30/2021 11:14 AM

kNewc wrote:

holeshot413 wrote:

Can’t find the 852?

Photo

Ordered these 868
Sounded more like what I have going on with my knees and I can wear my braces underneath
|