In the meantime, Honda is struggling a little.

Related:
Create New Tag

6/17/2020 2:30 AM

Slovenian race, gajser almost blew up another engine of his 2021 Crf450. Close call, he already blew up one in the previous months, this is basically the second. (Watch at the end of the video)
Lol

|

rarararaataatatatata

6/17/2020 2:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/17/2020 2:47 AM

Did they import the dirt from SLC? At least they have been testing in top race conditions for a while now.

|

6/17/2020 3:05 AM

I wouldnt say blown up. It was still running.

|

6/17/2020 3:37 AM

Stop riding it like Bam BamπŸ˜‚

|

6/17/2020 3:51 AM

Chris99Flannery wrote:

I wouldnt say blown up. It was still running.

I wrote "almost blew up", πŸ˜„

|

rarararaataatatatata

6/17/2020 4:10 AM

How cool would it be to show to a small event like that and get to see TG243 race.

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

6/17/2020 4:25 AM

4DAIVIPAI2K5 wrote:

How cool would it be to show to a small event like that and get to see TG243 race.

Used to happen all the time back in the 90s. Champions like McGrath, Lamson, and many others used to show up occasionally at Perris Raceway Super Saturday events back in the day.

|

6/17/2020 4:33 AM

4DAIVIPAI2K5 wrote:

How cool would it be to show to a small event like that and get to see TG243 race.

In italy/europe it happens pretty often, maybe not champions like gajser, but fast pro's it happens pretty often, yeah
Seeing a pro shredding your local track makes you understand how fast they are.

|

rarararaataatatatata

6/17/2020 4:49 AM

One of "my" tracks....cool to see the 2021 honda in person:-)

|

6/17/2020 5:02 AM

4DAIVIPAI2K5 wrote:

How cool would it be to show to a small event like that and get to see TG243 race.

MZ193 wrote:

In italy/europe it happens pretty often, maybe not champions like gajser, but fast pro's it happens pretty often, yeah
Seeing a pro shredding your local track makes you understand how fast they are.

Back in a day when Tanel Leok was with factory Kawasaki, he showed up at local race here in Latvia. His family friend was organizer. Tanel tries to be there every year.
So, there was this one sandy corner coming down a hill and then sligtly up. Tanel was going through it 4th gear , just tapped the rear brake at the apex to get direction. Everyone that was watching it could not believe what they were seeing. That`s 15-16 years ago. If you told it to someone who was not there, he would say your full of shit.

|

6/17/2020 5:02 AM

Chris99Flannery wrote:

I wouldnt say blown up. It was still running.

MZ193 wrote:

I wrote "almost blew up", πŸ˜„

Is that like........

Almost first place?

Almost avoided a wreck?

Almost got the holeshot?

Almost got a degree?

Almost pregnant?

|

6/17/2020 5:17 AM

Honda is probably joyed that their bike is getting tested like this before it hits the floor.

|

6/17/2020 5:25 AM

Unreal how Tim attacks slippery hardpacked tracks. This guy is so fun to watch. Who else is excited to see Kenny on the new Honda soon?

|

6/17/2020 5:50 AM

Chris99Flannery wrote:

I wouldnt say blown up. It was still running.

MZ193 wrote:

I wrote "almost blew up", πŸ˜„

JustMX wrote:

Is that like........

Almost first place?

Almost avoided a wreck?

Almost got the holeshot?

Almost got a degree?

Almost pregnant?

What's yor problem dude?
If there would have been 2 more laps the bike would have blown up.

|

rarararaataatatatata

6/17/2020 6:11 AM

kongols wrote:

Back in a day when Tanel Leok was with factory Kawasaki, he showed up at local race here in Latvia. His family friend was organizer. Tanel tries to be there every year.
So, there was this one sandy corner coming down a hill and then sligtly up. Tanel was going through it 4th gear , just tapped the rear brake at the apex to get direction. Everyone that was watching it could not believe what they were seeing. That`s 15-16 years ago. If you told it to someone who was not there, he would say your full of shit.

Don't the Leok 'clan' run / organize a big Latvian race each year?

They are a very accomplished Moto family, through a few generations now. Are there any new, young Leoks coming through in the next few years?

|

6/17/2020 7:10 AM

You never know how much the motor was breathed on, but if that's really the 2021 model...and Gajser only "almost" blew it up, that's not the end of the world. It'll probably stand up to 99% of the riders who buy it.

|

6/17/2020 8:28 AM

davistld01 wrote:

You never know how much the motor was breathed on, but if that's really the 2021 model...and Gajser only "almost" blew it up, that's not the end of the world. It'll probably stand up to 99% of the riders who buy it.

His motor is quite different than the production. PC Kawi had a bad year grenading engines left and right. The public still bought the shit out of the 250f and no worries.

|

6/17/2020 9:14 AM

Bearuno wrote:

Don't the Leok 'clan' run / organize a big Latvian race each year?

They are a very accomplished Moto family, through a few generations now. Are there any new, young Leoks coming through in the next few years?

No, they do it in Estonia. The race I was talking about is Vaidavas kauss and it`s organized by Levans family who also used to race and they are close friends with Leok`s.

|

6/17/2020 9:25 AM

4DAIVIPAI2K5 wrote:

How cool would it be to show to a small event like that and get to see TG243 race.

MZ193 wrote:

In italy/europe it happens pretty often, maybe not champions like gajser, but fast pro's it happens pretty often, yeah
Seeing a pro shredding your local track makes you understand how fast they are.

kongols wrote:

Back in a day when Tanel Leok was with factory Kawasaki, he showed up at local race here in Latvia. His family friend was organizer. Tanel tries to be there every year.
So, there was this one sandy corner coming down a hill and then sligtly up. Tanel was going through it 4th gear , just tapped the rear brake at the apex to get direction. Everyone that was watching it could not believe what they were seeing. That`s 15-16 years ago. If you told it to someone who was not there, he would say your full of shit.

Great story. JMB had a huge caliper with cooling fins on his rear brake. I figured he dragged the brake a lot. So I tried dragging the brake on parts of the track. To see what worked. Had to add a aftermarket resevore. Works on some steep downhills even, depends on the size of square holes. Keep it pinned , riding the brake. You carry a lot more speed into the corner.

|

6/17/2020 10:06 AM

Chris99Flannery wrote:

I wouldnt say blown up. It was still running.

MZ193 wrote:

I wrote "almost blew up", πŸ˜„

"almost" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

|

6/17/2020 10:20 AM

Chris99Flannery wrote:

I wouldnt say blown up. It was still running.

MZ193 wrote:

I wrote "almost blew up", πŸ˜„

peelout wrote:

"almost" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

Atom bombs make a convincing argument to be included on that list. laughing

|

6/17/2020 11:19 AM

MZ193 wrote:

I wrote "almost blew up", πŸ˜„

peelout wrote:

"almost" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

Matt Fisher wrote:

Atom bombs make a convincing argument to be included on that list. laughing

Or sharts

|

6/17/2020 11:42 AM

Zycki11 wrote:

His motor is quite different than the production. PC Kawi had a bad year grenading engines left and right. The public still bought the shit out of the 250f and no worries.

Wasn't exactly "no worries". The first KX/RMZ 250s were some of the most unreliable bikes ever. They blew up at local tracks across the land and put plenty of kids out of the sport.

|

6/17/2020 1:13 PM

I love how people equate a factory bike that might be having issues to what a production bike would be like...I guess a few people think their apple is a banana.

You can bet your bottom dollar that a company like Honda (or Kawasaki, or KTM etc) would ensure their factory bike does not have that problem in the future. So are they 'struggling'? ....no

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

6/17/2020 1:23 PM

Blown out Honda... we have all seen least one.

|

6/17/2020 1:28 PM

Adam43 wrote:

Wasn't exactly "no worries". The first KX/RMZ 250s were some of the most unreliable bikes ever. They blew up at local tracks across the land and put plenty of kids out of the sport.

Kids riding them like 125’s. Not that they were the best bikes, but they were not that bad.

|

6/17/2020 1:34 PM

greg570 wrote:

One of "my" tracks....cool to see the 2021 honda in person:-)

Was it as badass as it looks in the pictures that have been posted?

|

6/17/2020 1:41 PM

Zycki11 wrote:

His motor is quite different than the production. PC Kawi had a bad year grenading engines left and right. The public still bought the shit out of the 250f and no worries.

Adam43 wrote:

Wasn't exactly "no worries". The first KX/RMZ 250s were some of the most unreliable bikes ever. They blew up at local tracks across the land and put plenty of kids out of the sport.

Zycki11 wrote:

Kids riding them like 125’s. Not that they were the best bikes, but they were not that bad.

My buddy had an 05 KX250f and it held up fine for him ...I got to wring the piss out of it at PiruMX and thought the bike was really good. I liked it a lot better than the CRF250 and YZ250f around those years. Engine (bone stock) had good power and it handled really good. If I could find one hardly ridden I'd love to own one ..... 4 strokes really arent my thing but that Kawzuki was a better bike performance-wise for me

|

6/17/2020 2:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/17/2020 2:37 PM

I’m gonna say his bike blew up.

It looks like it’s handling good though, looks light and whippy.

|

6/17/2020 2:40 PM

Honda whiteknights so mad rn

|