In place of commercial silence:

acerbis
1/7/2019 7:53am
I had two families over that are not into supercross and the silence was a buzz kill.
milliebays
1/7/2019 7:59am
acerbis wrote:
I had two families over that are not into supercross and the silence was a buzz kill.
Wheres brett michaels when you need him to ger ur motor revvin
SEE ARE125
1/7/2019 8:25am
Maybe they could have various companies show 30 second clips of their products and services in an attempt to get us to purchase them.
Ted722
1/7/2019 8:35am
Anything in the pits. The Harrison motor swap would have been Gold. Wink

The Shop

1/12/2019 3:58pm
Markee wrote:
What app did you use? I ask because I'm wondering if the NBC sports app is better than the gold. I viewed this week on the...
What app did you use? I ask because I'm wondering if the NBC sports app is better than the gold. I viewed this week on the gold app which has the problems you speak of.
So far this month I've used the NBC Gold app on my work iPhone (sending to Chromecast). There's no FF / Rewind options and when you slide thru the 3hr timeline there's no "preview" so u can't tell where you are at plus when you barely touch the "slider" it rewinds quite a bit making it impossible to re-watch a pass for instance.

Hopefully the app will be updated (Gold app) or moved to the regular NBC Sports app if that one is better.

I'll try the Android app and check to see if we can see the Supercross content via the normal app.

The normal NBC Sports app on our Samsung TV is decent but it doesn't include the Gold material as of yet (perhaps it will be updated?).

Anyway, a simple 15 sec FF / Rewind function would be awesome (as well as the ability to go back period within a live broadcast). Tonight we're DVR'ing the broadcast since like A1 it is live on NBCSN and we can control playback easily via the DVR including watching 1hr into the LIVE show (fast forwarding thru commercials and Makeup 2 Mud segments to catch up in real tie to the Mains). Thanks
1/12/2019 5:12pm
mxpro252 wrote:
How dare you have an opinion! What are you a sissy snowflake or something?! refill two beers! America!!
Didn't you mean:

'murica!!!!

I'd like to see the stands, myself! Easy to just turn the cameras around a bit.
rallendude
1/12/2019 7:50pm
How exactly is this supposed to be growing the sport? Less live SX this year and for the real motoheads like us we don’t see any commercials. So any potential sponsors looking to get into the sport get zero exposure to the most rabid enthusiasts. Seems they could at least air the commercials. I hate commercials but awkward silence is worse.
1/12/2019 8:25pm
TJ 755 wrote:
At least just show what’s going on in the stadium
Some good ideas here. This at least - would cost nothing.
HusqFan3
1/12/2019 8:50pm
chillrich wrote:
I like the way it is done in the Nats, Weege and Langston just keep commentary going.
A-freakin-men! What a jip, paying for commercial free programming only to be presented with a wide angle shot of the stadium. If I sillly didn’t want to watch the commercials i’d do what i always do and flip it over to sports center for a couple mins. I agree they should just keep the commentary going for subscribers(i.e. MX coverage) but at minimum run some taped interview segments, science of sx, etc...
1/12/2019 9:01pm
pitbike502 wrote:
Trophy girls? Ktmjrsx prep? Pit videos? @ $80, Its not awful, but I can only refill my beer so many times.
Trophy girls?
Ktmjrsx prep?
Pit videos?
@ $80, Its not awful, but I can only refill my beer so many times.
Here's an easy fix: stop paying for the commercial-free broadcast. Christ.
1/13/2019 10:35am
Tried the Android and iOS regular NBC Sports apps (which now support the Gold signin / content) and I was hoping since the regular app is updated often (compared to the Gold apps which have not been updated in months) that Fast Fwd and Rewind options would be avail but:

Even with the latest Android and iOS apps there's no fast forward / rewind (15 sec) buttons / options sadly.

You also cannot go to the start of a LIVE event with the new apps either (if you don't catch a LIVE stream right when it starts then you will miss whatever content u missed b4 starting the stream - you must wait until the entire 3hr event has ended & the archive is posted before you can see it from the start).

Also during commercials they should show something better than a static screen (like with the Outdoors they would leave a camera on the track and u could her the track announcers / crowd very well during breaks).

Finally with the regular NBC app, signed into Gold it forces u to watch at least one full commercial b4 viewing Supercross content (with the Gold app you can start watching content right away, no forced commercial at the start of your playback).
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
1/13/2019 10:39am
Fell alseep just before the 250 main wake up to see them loading the 450 gate. Alright awesome time to watch Seely kick some ass, wake up to a bunch of dudes talking about everything but supercross. Fell asleep again. Fucking West Coast races kill me.
Beeby
2/2/2019 9:52am
I subscribe to the NBCSN rugby pass which shows English premiership and the six nations international rugby. It’s commercial free because there is no stops in the game and they don’t force commercial stoppages like football. Half time is the only stoppage and it’s about 10 minutes. NBCSN showed a highlights reel and also a static camera in the teams changing rooms during the break. That would be great for the supercross commercials. If they can turn around highlights of the rugby game that fast have some highlights of the last race. Then just switch to a static camera at the back of the start gate.
jonesaustin
2/2/2019 11:32am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2019 11:32am
if we open the door to them as a public vote, they will work out a way to put ads in there is my fear. which is NOT what subscription services are about. the whole point is no commercials. but sure, if they can resist the temptation and do something creative with it, great, but rocking the boat on this worries me. 2 minute interviews with various riders from the past would be interesting - same environment each time for continuity, that would be cool.
early
Fantasy
2212th
2/2/2019 7:35pm
Did the word get to NBC from this board? Static shot is behind the gate Tonite.
pitbike502
2/2/2019 8:54pm
early wrote:
Did the word get to NBC from this board? Static shot is behind the gate Tonite.
This is definitely better than the rock garden shot of Anaheim

Post a reply to: In place of commercial silence:

The Latest