I'm tired of Ferrandis getting booed

2/10/2020 5:19am
Definition:
Boobird; (noun) A lower IQ form of human life. Typically seen in flocks at sporting events. They can be heard chanting 'BOO' when someone they don't like wins, giving them their name Boobird.

plural; Boobirds
indy_maico
2/10/2020 6:02am
Racer111 wrote:
I disagree. Until he can learn how to pass without taking someone out or punting someone off the track, let him have it. There are too...
I disagree. Until he can learn how to pass without taking someone out or punting someone off the track, let him have it.

There are too many riders that pass every weekend without making any contact. Until he learns how to do that, he deserves what he gets.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
It's called racing. No one booed or whined back in the day when shit like this happened!

Bjorn645
Fantasy
1076th
2/10/2020 6:09am
Racer111 wrote:
I disagree. Until he can learn how to pass without taking someone out or punting someone off the track, let him have it. There are too...
I disagree. Until he can learn how to pass without taking someone out or punting someone off the track, let him have it.

There are too many riders that pass every weekend without making any contact. Until he learns how to do that, he deserves what he gets.
VRR7 wrote:
Ferrandis thinks he has to T bone everyone ! WTF is his problem ? He lost soooo much time trying to T-Bone everyone had he just...
Ferrandis thinks he has to T bone everyone ! WTF is his problem ? He lost soooo much time trying to T-Bone everyone had he just ridden faster and passed cleanly he would have gotten to the front easier and faster and pull a bigger lead. He is fast enough he does not have to t-bone and punt everyone off the track every single time he makes a pass.

I say BOO2 !
Neewat tjom ek dink jy moet ma v8's op Kyalami gaan kyk...

Ferrandis is showing hunger/determination and grit! The fans are just victims of whatever that psychological phenomenon is when they are happy to boo him in a crowd but I guarantee you if they bump into him at their local grocery store they will be asking for a photo! All DF's RECENT passes are clean and Forkner is Cristiano Ronaldo'ing himself off the track every time coz he ain't gonna keep up with pure speed alone...

The Shop

soggy
Fantasy
3846th
2/10/2020 7:20am
soggy wrote:
so where does osbourne's pass on savatgy stand in all this? let me guess, it was for the chip so it's all good. People boo Ferrandis...
so where does osbourne's pass on savatgy stand in all this?

let me guess, it was for the chip so it's all good.

People boo Ferrandis cause he's not American and the move was dirty. Same with Marv.
lostboy819 wrote:
I think Osbourne coming from last and running down Savatgy and slamming past him two corners from the end to win the championship is one of...
I think Osbourne coming from last and running down Savatgy and slamming past him two corners from the end to win the championship is one of the top 3 all time greatest passes in SX history, Damn it was good. Cool
exactly, and that was intentional and he gets praised for it.

motomike137
2/10/2020 7:32am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2020 7:34am
Racer111 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
indy_maico wrote:
It's called racing. No one booed or whined back in the day when shit like this happened! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/02/10/403372/s1200_JammerTonyD.jpg[/img]
It's called racing. No one booed or whined back in the day when shit like this happened!

Not even close to the same thing. Jammer is stuffing Tony without blowing him off the track. When you blow someone and their bike to smithereens and you go down as well that's a little bit much imho.

edit: I'm relating my comment to the incident with Craig which was a completely ridiculous take out
honda341
2/10/2020 7:32am
Racer111 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
indy_maico wrote:
It's called racing. No one booed or whined back in the day when shit like this happened! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/02/10/403372/s1200_JammerTonyD.jpg[/img]

No one is booing DF because of his pass on Forkner. They are still booing because of what he did to Craig.
tingo
2/10/2020 8:03am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2020 8:06am
It's a sport. Fans cheer. Fans boo. Fans get drunk and fight with each other in the stands. Same as last week, Dylan passed Forkner, who then went off track. Some fans didn't like that and booed. Some fans are probably still booing from the Craig incident. And sure, some fans may be booing because he's French. Or has long hair. Or because he rides a Yamaha. But to say that the booing is because he's French is presumptive and ignorant. Was the cheering he received also because he is French?

Regardless of the reasons he was booed, it's a bad look to be more offended than the victim. #harambe Dylan doesn't seem to really care, and knows what is important: wins, bonus checks, and that big, fat championship check he'll likely cash.

TXDirt
2/10/2020 8:10am
It's not show friends, it's show business.
Huevos
2/10/2020 8:27am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2020 8:27am
I think Ferrandis is an amazing racer and although I was not a fan of the move he pulled on Craig, I don't think he deserves all the boos he gets. Having said that, he doesn't do a lot to make fans.

My sister-in-law learned French and she always makes it a point to speak french to the french riders in the pits when she goes to races. Marvin and Matilde were so nice to her and actually remember her every time she goes to a race and gets a chance to talk to them. But at A2 this year she saw Dylan during an autograph session and she started speaking french to him. He had a super unenthusiastic attitude and pretty much told her that he doesn't enjoy signing autographs and kind of blew her off. It is what it is, you can't expect every racer you meet to be in a great mood as they're people too. But the dude honestly doesn't seem like he cares about making fans, so you can't feel too bad for the guy when he's getting boo'd. It's not like he's making an effort like Dean, Ken, or AC to establish an over the top connection with his fans. He doesn't seem to care.
2/10/2020 9:18am
If Ferrandis was American this wouldn't even be a topic, probably wouldn't have been put on probation. End of story.
Ted722
2/10/2020 10:38am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2020 10:39am
I watched the Ferrandis (San Diego) podium interview again last night and it was difficult to really hear the boos. It was almost like cheers were piped into the broadcast. For you guys that were there, it sounds like the boos were easily heard.
bad juju
2/10/2020 11:58am
lostboy819 wrote:
I think Osbourne coming from last and running down Savatgy and slamming past him two corners from the end to win the championship is one of...
I think Osbourne coming from last and running down Savatgy and slamming past him two corners from the end to win the championship is one of the top 3 all time greatest passes in SX history, Damn it was good. Cool
I cried!!! It was epic!!
2/10/2020 1:27pm
Racer111 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
Dude , you seriously need to sell your bikes and start collecting figurines and raising kitty cats. If you would have watched the racing in the...
Dude , you seriously need to sell your bikes and start collecting figurines and raising kitty cats. If you would have watched the racing in the 80-'s and 90's , you would of crawled up into a corner and started peeing on yourself. I used to actually like some of you points of view.....lately? Balls fell off and grow a vagina? Seriously , WTF?
Best reply ever!!!
Every rider in this sport over the last 20 years has made super aggressive moves and been on the receiving end. that's what this sport is about. booers need to get over themselves and stop being hypocrites.
downard254
2/10/2020 1:51pm
While I wasn't a fan of the pass on Craig, after seeing Craig and Ferrandis getting over it the next week, I figured I will too. That being said, you can't deny that Ferrandis is a damn good rider, and I applaud his riding ability. He's not my first choice to win, but I'm fine with the majority of his riding. Maybe the pass on Craig was just a bad decision at the time. Shit happens.
2/10/2020 2:13pm
Ted722 wrote:
I watched the Ferrandis (San Diego) podium interview again last night and it was difficult to really hear the boos. It was almost like cheers were...
I watched the Ferrandis (San Diego) podium interview again last night and it was difficult to really hear the boos. It was almost like cheers were piped into the broadcast. For you guys that were there, it sounds like the boos were easily heard.
I was there and the booing was HORRENDOUS.....it does not sound the same on the broadcast at all. It was shockingly embarrassing....
2/10/2020 3:10pm
To the OP - boo f’ing boo. Seriously dude? Professional athletes get booed all the time. Ever been to an NFL game, UFC... NASCAR when Kyle Busch was the devil? The boos come with the job. I couldn’t even imagine how butt hurt some of you would be if your favorite rider got hammered in the media and social media like a QB after a couple bad games.

And about the being French thing. So what. It’s called National pride. Most people tend to cheer for the local guy that’s why announcers push the local athlete angle. When it’s an international support it’s only natural to cheer for the athlete or team from your home country... and yes boo the opponent... especially if there is even an appearance of dirty play.

mx4life68
2/10/2020 10:39pm
I paid for my ticket, I enjoyed watching that frog ride like a mad hornet and I booed for what he did to Craig because I wasn’t at Anaheim. Not sorry.
2/10/2020 11:13pm
mx4life68 wrote:
I paid for my ticket, I enjoyed watching that frog ride like a mad hornet and I booed for what he did to Craig because I...
I paid for my ticket, I enjoyed watching that frog ride like a mad hornet and I booed for what he did to Craig because I wasn’t at Anaheim. Not sorry.
Hey bro, it's 2020... you might want to update the software.
ledger
2/11/2020 12:38am
DF and his girl should seek advice from Marvin and Mathilda on how to handle this situation to hopefully gain back some American fans. I say this because the Musquin's have lived it and breathed it for a good while now, plus, Mathilda has backbone and Marvin is a better man because of her.
Motofinne
2/11/2020 3:19am Edited Date/Time 2/11/2020 6:37am
To the OP - boo f’ing boo. Seriously dude? Professional athletes get booed all the time. Ever been to an NFL game, UFC... NASCAR when Kyle...
To the OP - boo f’ing boo. Seriously dude? Professional athletes get booed all the time. Ever been to an NFL game, UFC... NASCAR when Kyle Busch was the devil? The boos come with the job. I couldn’t even imagine how butt hurt some of you would be if your favorite rider got hammered in the media and social media like a QB after a couple bad games.

And about the being French thing. So what. It’s called National pride. Most people tend to cheer for the local guy that’s why announcers push the local athlete angle. When it’s an international support it’s only natural to cheer for the athlete or team from your home country... and yes boo the opponent... especially if there is even an appearance of dirty play.

All well and fine if (and this is the big if and problematic thing about the whole case) all the riders gets booed in the same situation. But they wont. There isn't a "booing" culture in our sport. And don't bring up one case, one night, one rider. This is 3 weeks straight, it can't be compared to other incidents.

We know all why Dylan Ferrandis is getting booed 3 straight weeks, or at least i would like to think that we're honest enough to acknowledge it. It's an embarrassment for everyone involved, the fans, the media, the industry.
tingo
2/11/2020 8:00am Edited Date/Time 2/11/2020 8:01am
Motofinne wrote:
All well and fine if (and this is the big if and problematic thing about the whole case) all the riders gets booed in the same...
All well and fine if (and this is the big if and problematic thing about the whole case) all the riders gets booed in the same situation. But they wont. There isn't a "booing" culture in our sport. And don't bring up one case, one night, one rider. This is 3 weeks straight, it can't be compared to other incidents.

We know all why Dylan Ferrandis is getting booed 3 straight weeks, or at least i would like to think that we're honest enough to acknowledge it. It's an embarrassment for everyone involved, the fans, the media, the industry.
Dylan didn't get widely booed before his pass on Craig...but if I'm not mistaken, he was most definitely French at that point. Forkner going off track both times that Dylan passed him for the lead hasn't exactly helped Dylan's recent reputation. The fact remains that in three out of the past three races, Dylan has made passes that have either sent someone flying or at least put them off track.

Keep in mind, a lot of "us" are cheering for Dylan, too. "We" hope "we" are not also an embarrassment.
2/11/2020 8:25am
Absolutely no doubt that Decoster is interested in Ferrandis for their 450 programs. He knows talent and doesn't give one shit about popularity contests.
Jardo
Fantasy
2053rd
2/11/2020 8:33am
I'm not gonna pretend like I read every comment under this subject so i apologize if I'm repeating something.

THIS IS GOOD FOR THE SPORT!!! This sport needs disparity. We need to stop trying to alienate anyone with a difference of opinion and tell them how they need to cheer while attending.

Every sport( and fan) has teams( in our case riders) that they like and ones they dislike. And they continue to watch and take part BECAUSE of that.

If the average fan doesn't care about who wins every week whats their motivation to keep watching?

This whole booing thing will fade but, trust me, this sport will have made fans because of this amazing footage of dylan ferrandis.

I hope he keeps riding aggressive and kicking ass and that will make people ( even ones who dont like him) keep watching and spending there money.

Rant over.
Nuffsaid
2/11/2020 8:46am
Racer111 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
Dude , you seriously need to sell your bikes and start collecting figurines and raising kitty cats. If you would have watched the racing in the...
Dude , you seriously need to sell your bikes and start collecting figurines and raising kitty cats. If you would have watched the racing in the 80-'s and 90's , you would of crawled up into a corner and started peeing on yourself. I used to actually like some of you points of view.....lately? Balls fell off and grow a vagina? Seriously , WTF?
Agree with Jeffro, yep
Mr. CrossUp
2/11/2020 4:21pm
Racer111 wrote:

Wish someone would punt you off the internet!
Mr. CrossUp
2/11/2020 4:24pm
Racer111 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
Well said jeffro503.
Moto Norcal
2/11/2020 9:32pm
He'll be fine. Bayle got plenty of boos and is a living legend today. RC also and many others.
motomike137
2/12/2020 7:31am
He'll be fine. Bayle got plenty of boos and is a living legend today. RC also and many others.
Back in the haydays of Nascar when Jeff Gordon was emerging he asked Dale Sr if it bothered him when the fans booed him (Dale wasn't always loved Wink ). Dale said to Jeff that as long as they make a bunch of noise when they announce his name he is fine with it. He also told Jeff that it is when they announce your name and you here nothing that you should be concerned.

Post a reply to: I'm tired of Ferrandis getting booed

The Latest