I'm tired of Ferrandis getting booed

TerryB
2/9/2020 7:47am
The way this sport parallels WWE wrestling and it's fans is becoming undeniable. Ferrandis has become the "heel", and may as well embrace it. I think I detected a little smirk during the boos.

I do hope he grows a Whiplash, and starts twisting it during post-race interviews.

Big fan of his racecraft here, fuck the sissies, go DF!
KBOLTZ
2/9/2020 7:52am
Sometimes I wish ferrandis would just own it all. Even play it up with the crowd like a Connor mcgregor would to sell a fight. Like a little hand to the ear gesture taunting the crowd. Watch the Social media numbers rise and excitement for the sport. It’s like when Weston laid haymaker on friese. they played that up so hard. It’s marketing genius.
Sideways
2/9/2020 7:55am
Racer111 wrote:
Arguably the two fastest guys ever to throw a leg over a bike going at it and never touch each other. So if these two could...
Arguably the two fastest guys ever to throw a leg over a bike going at it and never touch each other. So if these two could do it, no one else has any excuses.

https://youtu.be/nqN_G7J7GOI
You can not be serious. Mentioning chad reed, james and RC as a non aggressive passer is a joke. They were all very aggressive.
TerryB
2/9/2020 7:58am
KBOLTZ wrote:
Sometimes I wish ferrandis would just own it all. Even play it up with the crowd like a Connor mcgregor would to sell a fight. Like...
Sometimes I wish ferrandis would just own it all. Even play it up with the crowd like a Connor mcgregor would to sell a fight. Like a little hand to the ear gesture taunting the crowd. Watch the Social media numbers rise and excitement for the sport. It’s like when Weston laid haymaker on friese. they played that up so hard. It’s marketing genius.
"...like a little hand to the ear gesture taunting the crowd...." I would really enjoy that. Please oh please...

The Shop

WFO
2/9/2020 8:00am
Part of life. Great racing last night!
2/9/2020 8:01am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2020 8:03am
I boo barcia too even back in the beginning i think of him as a punk bitch. His actions on the track and his incident with davalos are why he'll never be a sx champ ever again. He may have some speed now n then. But as soon as someone comes in and passes him he turns into a loser. He gets lucky and gets a win now n then but he'll never be the champion.

He basically breaks down with his on track temper tantrums.
Wiff3
2/9/2020 8:06am
Just watched the race, finally. I'm not sure what the problem is. That was a text book block pass for the lead on the second fastest 250 supercross rider in the world. The only one who should be upset by that was Forkner, and only at himself since he couldn't get away from Ferrandis for the win. Not because of the pass itself.
2/9/2020 8:10am
Racer111 wrote:
Arguably the two fastest guys ever to throw a leg over a bike going at it and never touch each other. So if these two could...
Arguably the two fastest guys ever to throw a leg over a bike going at it and never touch each other. So if these two could do it, no one else has any excuses.

Sideways wrote:
You can not be serious. Mentioning chad reed, james and RC as a non aggressive passer is a joke. They were all very aggressive.
Didnt see anything aggressive in that clip...and sure as shit no roadblocking like Barcia.
Cook441
2/9/2020 8:26am
That's a bad bad mofo right there...what he did to Forkner tonight was by far worse than that A2 incident...mentally at least Smile I live this guy!
Sideways
2/9/2020 8:39am
Racer111 wrote:

Sideways wrote:
Didnt see anything aggressive in that clip...and sure as shit no roadblocking like Barcia.
No not in that particular clip. But there are also plenty of races were Barcia doesnt have contact with another rider.
mwssquad827
2/9/2020 8:47am
I think the Craig move was dirty... but I like his aggressive riding style.. BUT I can boo or cheer on any rider for any reason I want... so if people want to continue to boo him I’m fine with it it adds to the championship..
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3676th
2/9/2020 9:03am
I’m torn. I’ll admit I was one of the og booers at A2 but I’m over it now. I like the aggressive racing for sure, but...
I’m torn. I’ll admit I was one of the og booers at A2 but I’m over it now. I like the aggressive racing for sure, but I’m also kinda annoyed that every pass the guy makes he’s gotta make contact. I honestly think I like contact when there’s drama between riders. Just doing it to do it seems unnecessary, but I’m not the one riding the track trying to make passes, maybe the only way around is to move people.
This 100%

He was faster...yet he cuts across the three main lines to run it in...but he didn’t take them out, but it wasn’t at all necessary...but...

I hear you completely.

The booing is getting old...but the dude is just becoming The New Barcia...just expect to be cut off at some point

But dang he is fast lol
mx617
2/9/2020 9:14am
To be fair I heard a lot of cheers mixed in with the boos last night, maybe 60/40 split?
2/9/2020 9:28am
KDXGarage wrote:
For those worried about the booing: [img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81lJjAr3lHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg[/img]
For those worried about the booing:

I'd give it to the people still booing DF a month later because clearly their snatches are more bruised and hurting.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
2/9/2020 9:28am
Racer111 wrote:
I disagree. Until he can learn how to pass without taking someone out or punting someone off the track, let him have it. There are too...
I disagree. Until he can learn how to pass without taking someone out or punting someone off the track, let him have it.

There are too many riders that pass every weekend without making any contact. Until he learns how to do that, he deserves what he gets.
You shouldn’t watch dirtbike racing.
2/9/2020 9:36am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2020 9:44am
TDeath21 wrote:
Yep it’s honestly disgraceful how xenophobic the crowds have been. Barcia did much much worse on the 250 and was never showered with any boos, let...
Yep it’s honestly disgraceful how xenophobic the crowds have been. Barcia did much much worse on the 250 and was never showered with any boos, let alone ones like this.
So the root cause of the boos is xenophobia? I highly doubt that is the case, and the reason I think this is because riders in the past, guys like RC, were booed probably as much if not more than Ferrandis is being booed. A short, red-haired kid from Florida was booed because he started beating the tall, handsome supercross hero from California named Jeremy McGrath. It happened in 2001, and even as late as 2003 when RC cleaned out TP199. Bubba Stewart has been booed more than once, and other riders have been booed. But more so than that, the booing in these cases underlies what goes on in many sports: Fans like a good guy to cheer for, and a bad guy to boo. It's called sports entertainment, and it happens in soccer, football, baseball, basketball, and many other sports, motor sports included. Sure there were a lot of mouth breathers on social media making disparaging xenophobic remarks that were uncalled for, but I highly doubt that they represent all the boos coming from the stadiums.

The problem is, if the rider is French, it must be xenophobia. If the rider is black, it must be the racists booing him, etc. And to be sure, in some instances, it probably is, but I'd be careful to extend that too far. To call the boos "hate" or "xenophobia" is a bit much and in my opinion, trivializes what hate and xenophobic attitudes really are. Idiots holding up racist signs, and shouting the n-word at James Stewart is hate, and is racist. Boos from fans after he cleaned out RC...not so much. More importantly, in the cases where it's clear the people are being racist (like in the case of James Stewart), it gets almost near universal condemnation from the fans because most of them can distinguish between sports entertainment and having fun, and pieces of trash humans who really are racist whom they want nothing to do with.
Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1181st
2/9/2020 9:38am
Racer111 wrote:
I disagree. Until he can learn how to pass without taking someone out or punting someone off the track, let him have it. There are too...
I disagree. Until he can learn how to pass without taking someone out or punting someone off the track, let him have it.

There are too many riders that pass every weekend without making any contact. Until he learns how to do that, he deserves what he gets.
toroP wrote:
Did you campaign against ZO as well? I bet not. How much has Barcia been booed in his career? What about Anderson on Seely, repeatedly? This...
Did you campaign against ZO as well? I bet not. How much has Barcia been booed in his career? What about Anderson on Seely, repeatedly?

This is xenophobia, period.
Racer111 wrote:
Wrong! I can’t stand any of the riders you just mentioned. All of them think you have to trade paint to pass, yet it’s proven every...
Wrong! I can’t stand any of the riders you just mentioned. All of them think you have to trade paint to pass, yet it’s proven every weekend that you don’t. I just don’t like the guy or anyone else that repeatedly punts people off the track or takes them down. Just not needed.
Sounds like you haven’t passed many riders in your life. You must not like many riders either, but I bet you’re a massive Forkner fan boy.

I love seeing Ferrandis ride, hope he brings both titles home this year and land a good ride for next year, he deserves it.

Also loved Jett Lawrence in his instagram stories giving Ferrandis love when he was on the podium.
C.Worthy
2/9/2020 9:38am
While society is getting softer,
Ferrandis is getting richer.

The only bummer thing I see in this deal is the team holding Ferrandis back from attending team signings at dealerships after his incident with Craig, his safety being their number 1 concern. This was via Wil Hahn on pulp show.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/9/2020 9:56am Edited Date/Time 2/11/2020 12:51am
Racer111 wrote:

2/9/2020 10:07am
I don't know what's worse. The the pussies who continue to boo ferrandis for winning, or the pussies who whine about the people booing him still.
2/9/2020 10:24am
Racer111 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Awesome pic....and could not agree more.

2/9/2020 10:28am
C.Worthy wrote:
While society is getting softer, Ferrandis is getting richer. The only bummer thing I see in this deal is the team holding Ferrandis back from attending...
While society is getting softer,
Ferrandis is getting richer.

The only bummer thing I see in this deal is the team holding Ferrandis back from attending team signings at dealerships after his incident with Craig, his safety being their number 1 concern. This was via Wil Hahn on pulp show.
I went thru Ferrandis and Coopers signature line yesterday....not for the signatures....but to just say "keep up the good work"....I said to Ferrandis...."ignore the haters and keep doing what you're doing".

How sad that we live in a country now that they gotta pull the guy from signings for fear of him being harmed by some rabid "Team America" lunatic.

Food for thought....you don't have to go thru a metal detector to get into the pits (at least not in San Diego)...
KDXGarage
2/9/2020 10:29am
TDeath21 wrote:
Yep it’s honestly disgraceful how xenophobic the crowds have been. Barcia did much much worse on the 250 and was never showered with any boos, let...
Yep it’s honestly disgraceful how xenophobic the crowds have been. Barcia did much much worse on the 250 and was never showered with any boos, let alone ones like this.
So the root cause of the boos is xenophobia? I highly doubt that is the case, and the reason I think this is because riders in...
So the root cause of the boos is xenophobia? I highly doubt that is the case, and the reason I think this is because riders in the past, guys like RC, were booed probably as much if not more than Ferrandis is being booed. A short, red-haired kid from Florida was booed because he started beating the tall, handsome supercross hero from California named Jeremy McGrath. It happened in 2001, and even as late as 2003 when RC cleaned out TP199. Bubba Stewart has been booed more than once, and other riders have been booed. But more so than that, the booing in these cases underlies what goes on in many sports: Fans like a good guy to cheer for, and a bad guy to boo. It's called sports entertainment, and it happens in soccer, football, baseball, basketball, and many other sports, motor sports included. Sure there were a lot of mouth breathers on social media making disparaging xenophobic remarks that were uncalled for, but I highly doubt that they represent all the boos coming from the stadiums.

The problem is, if the rider is French, it must be xenophobia. If the rider is black, it must be the racists booing him, etc. And to be sure, in some instances, it probably is, but I'd be careful to extend that too far. To call the boos "hate" or "xenophobia" is a bit much and in my opinion, trivializes what hate and xenophobic attitudes really are. Idiots holding up racist signs, and shouting the n-word at James Stewart is hate, and is racist. Boos from fans after he cleaned out RC...not so much. More importantly, in the cases where it's clear the people are being racist (like in the case of James Stewart), it gets almost near universal condemnation from the fans because most of them can distinguish between sports entertainment and having fun, and pieces of trash humans who really are racist whom they want nothing to do with.
Oh, the kiddies won't like being told that. You're not a softie like so many today.

People cheering Roczen riding or red mowhawk, XENOPHOBIA!

Welcome to VitalMSNBC and the importance of keywords to latch onto.
2/9/2020 10:35am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2020 11:03am
Ferrandis never touched Forkner but man did he rip that line out from underneath him. He slid his Yami right into that rut, forcing Forker out of the line. Textbook move executed flawlessly. You have to appreciate the technical difficulty of a move like that. Rear wheel was locked up and sliding for a good 10 feet. I love Ferrandis.

honda341
2/9/2020 11:06am
Ferrandis never touched Forkner but man did he rip that line out from underneath him. He slid his Yami right into that rut, forcing Forker out...
Ferrandis never touched Forkner but man did he rip that line out from underneath him. He slid his Yami right into that rut, forcing Forker out of the line. Textbook move executed flawlessly. You have to appreciate the technical difficulty of a move like that. Rear wheel was locked up and sliding for a good 10 feet. I love Ferrandis.

I don't care about Ferrandis' moves. I am not a big fan though. Say he never touched him? Think your second photo proves otherwise. To answer OP's question, he is still getting booed because some people have not had their chance to express their dislike for his run in with Craig.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/9/2020 11:09am
Ferrandis never touched Forkner but man did he rip that line out from underneath him. He slid his Yami right into that rut, forcing Forker out...

honda341 wrote:
I don't care about Ferrandis' moves. I am not a big fan though. Say he never touched him? Think your second photo proves otherwise. To answer...
I don't care about Ferrandis' moves. I am not a big fan though. Say he never touched him? Think your second photo proves otherwise. To answer OP's question, he is still getting booed because some people have not had their chance to express their dislike for his run in with Craig.
Go back a page and look at what I posted.

No contact was made.
Gworm
2/9/2020 11:15am
brocster wrote:
He made the bed, now he must sleep in it....you reap what you sew...
Silas444 wrote:
Just to land a helping hand here, 'sew' is something you do with a needle and thread, whereas 'sow' is the planting of a seed one...
Just to land a helping hand here, 'sew' is something you do with a needle and thread, whereas 'sow' is the planting of a seed one will later reap. By using the wrong word, you might be making people wonder if perhaps you're just a wuss who sews doilies in his living room while making tough-guy comments on the internet, and I find it difficult to imagine that was your intent. One other thing: following one cliched metaphor with another without pause, as you did, will not prove to be an effective means of communication if your audience is over the age of, say, seventeen - so pick one or the other and stick with it.

You're welcome.
I think you meant “lend” instead of “land”.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

Post a reply to: I'm tired of Ferrandis getting booed

The Latest