I'm tired of Ferrandis getting booed

Related:
Create New Tag

2/8/2020 10:37 PM

The hate on Ferrandis has got to stop. I agree his move on Craig was overly aggressive , but that was 3 weeks ago! Get over it! His move on Forkner tonight was as clean as a block pass gets. He's absolutely crushing it right now, and it's a damn shame he and his team have to put up with this. Everyone immediately jumps on the "welp let's see what the decision is..." Even after tiny contact. Is that how we want racing to be? Every rider has to walk on eggshells? C'mon...

Tomac's pass on Barcia right before the finish line was more aggressive than Dylan's on Forkner, so where are the boos for Tomac? If Ferrandis is getting booed because of his nationality , that's terrible for our sport.

This is supercross. It's tight racing and these guys are the absolute edge every weekend. With a one lined track that's tough to pass, riders are going to make contact with each other. That's racing!

|

2/8/2020 10:43 PM

I disagree. Until he can learn how to pass without taking someone out or punting someone off the track, let him have it.

There are too many riders that pass every weekend without making any contact. Until he learns how to do that, he deserves what he gets.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

2/8/2020 10:46 PM

Racer111 wrote:

I disagree. Until he can learn how to pass without taking someone out or punting someone off the track, let him have it.

There are too many riders that pass every weekend without making any contact. Until he learns how to do that, he deserves what he gets.

Yeah and those riders aren’t winning

|

2/8/2020 10:50 PM

Racer111 wrote:

Who did he punt tonight? He didn't even make much contact with Forkner. The guy is on the gas, no one on the planet is riding a 250F faster than him in 2020.

I'll be cheering for him in Seattle when he wins. Fuck the boo birds.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

2/8/2020 10:50 PM

Racer111 wrote:

So why aren't you booing Tomac for that move on Barcia? Sounds a bit hypocritical...

|

2/8/2020 10:52 PM

Racer111 wrote:

theycallmeebryan wrote:

So why aren't you booing Tomac for that move on Barcia? Sounds a bit hypocritical...

Did Barcia go down or get run off the track? Nope!

|

2/8/2020 10:53 PM

I’m torn. I’ll admit I was one of the og booers at A2 but I’m over it now. I like the aggressive racing for sure, but I’m also kinda annoyed that every pass the guy makes he’s gotta make contact. I honestly think I like contact when there’s drama between riders. Just doing it to do it seems unnecessary, but I’m not the one riding the track trying to make passes, maybe the only way around is to move people.

|

2/8/2020 11:01 PM

Racer111 wrote:

Dude , you seriously need to sell your bikes and start collecting figurines and raising kitty cats. If you would have watched the racing in the 80-'s and 90's , you would of crawled up into a corner and started peeing on yourself. I used to actually like some of you points of view.....lately? Balls fell off and grow a vagina? Seriously , WTF?

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

2/8/2020 11:01 PM

I was somewhat harsh on Ferrandis with his move on Craig, but I did not see anything wrong with any of his passes tonight. He was fast, aggressive, and clean with his passes. If you want to beat dylan, simply ride faster.

|

2/8/2020 11:08 PM

Racer111 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

Dude , you seriously need to sell your bikes and start collecting figurines and raising kitty cats. If you would have watched the racing in the 80-'s and 90's , you would of crawled up into a corner and started peeing on yourself. I used to actually like some of you points of view.....lately? Balls fell off and grow a vagina? Seriously , WTF?

Jeffro, gtfo!
I raced in the 80’s and 90’s. How many times did McGrath punt someone off the track? Bradshaw and Matiasevich were the Bam Bam of the 90’s. Larocco every once in a while. It wasn’t the all out brawling you make it out to be.

Again, the great ones didn’t make a habit of it. They didn’t have too. 🙄🙄

|

2/8/2020 11:15 PM

I was at A2, yes I did boo,
But now he is the best rider on the track, and I am chairing for him.
It is great racing.

|

2/8/2020 11:20 PM

Racer111 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

Jeffro, gtfo!
I raced in the 80’s and 90’s. How many times did McGrath punt someone off the track? Bradshaw and Matiasevich were the Bam Bam of the 90’s. Larocco every once in a while. It wasn’t the all out brawling you make it out to be.

But dude......they did in fact do it. All the time actually. If areas of the track start to become one lined , you have to shut the door on someone , otherwise you aren't getting through. I don't dig all out take outs in this sport , but running someone wide and shoving them off the track is part of this sport. The guy in front , should not have left the door open like that. Dylan is a true to heart racer ( American or not ).........the booing is really shitty to hear. And I'm a Christian Craig fan!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

2/8/2020 11:21 PM

My entire section was booing, my young kids were asking me why everybody hates Ferrandis, was because he is French?
Dylan didn’t do anything wrong tonight, people sure can be assholes sometimes...

|

2/8/2020 11:23 PM

Riders won’t ride their best having to walk on eggshells. Shit happens. I kicked a 24” steel pipe wrench out of a scissor lift and took someone out for six weeks a few years ago. I felt horrible. It was an accident that happened while I was doing my job focusing on my task at hand. Big difference between purposely taking someone out and it being unintentional.

|

2/8/2020 11:26 PM

Meh, who cares that the great unwashed are booing. At least they bought a ticket and some beer.

Ferrandis is playing chess against a bunch of checkers players every Saturday night. He’s the best by far. DF is going to be a great addition to the 450’s.

|

2/8/2020 11:28 PM

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Cry me a fucking river. Jesus

|

2/8/2020 11:30 PM

I’m just tired of ralph almost having a seizure every time he passes someone and mentions he’s on probation 20 times a night.

|

2/8/2020 11:35 PM

I made this for the Race Thread, I'll re-post it here,

Photo

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

2/8/2020 11:43 PM

Racer111 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

Jeffro, gtfo!

Maybe you need to go back and watch some 80s and 90s racing, selective memory?
But the big difference back then was that the bikes and to a lesser degree, the tracks, created a greater separation of skill levels.

|

2/8/2020 11:48 PM

Racer111 wrote:

🇫🇷🇫🇷 🇫🇷🇫🇷

|

2/8/2020 11:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2020 11:52 PM

Dude is riding great and has a grittiness that is normally celebrated by fans of this sport.

|

2/8/2020 11:54 PM

Actually they are not booing. They are yelling "Bruuuuuuce" because they know what a big fan Ferrandis is of Bruce Springsteen. laughing

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

2/9/2020 12:00 AM

People booing the guy for doing exactly what every American rider does (and are considered heros for) are complete ignorant douchebags.

I'm glad the guy won.... can't wait to see him take the title again this year. Hoping he has a long and successful career in the 450s.

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

2/9/2020 12:01 AM

I think his incident with Craig is helping him. It seems like when he makes a pass on someone they just ride off the track hoping he will get penalized. Similar to basketball players falling down and acting injured.

I agree, the booing is lame.

|

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. ~ Samuel Johnson

2/9/2020 12:11 AM

He made the bed, now he must sleep in it....you reap what you sew...

|

2/9/2020 12:15 AM

He sewed some good old fashioned racing and reaped a championship, probably gonna be two.

|

2/9/2020 12:17 AM

Dunno what it is with Forkner, seems like anytime someone makes an aggressive pass on him, he goes off the track for seemingly no reason.

|

James = #7. Malcolm = #27
7/27=0.259259259259259259259
Stewart return confirmed!

2/9/2020 12:18 AM

brocster wrote:

He made the bed, now he must sleep in it....you reap what you sew...

Pro tip: This idiom is supposed to be used on people who are (perhaps deservedly) experiencing misfortune, not those who are repeatedly experiencing the heights of victory.

|

2/9/2020 12:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2020 12:21 AM

I like Austin but he looks like he tries to exaggerate the contact Dylan is making on passes hoping for a penalty. I almost feel like he'd ride right off the track if Dylan passed him on a straightaway. As for the fans they'd better get used to Dylan. It's looking like his year.

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

2/9/2020 12:28 AM

Photo
|