I'm sad that I dont have a bike during this time

Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
3/19/2020 9:53am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2020 5:23pm
I wish I could go riding.
I dont qualify, I'm self employed plus have past credit issues.
And dont have enough to buy one Sad
I Did go to the local shop to look just for fun and they are still open .
We have been quarantining for a week already, (and we arent sick) we went for a walk about 3 miles to the closest Motorcycle shop. Just to get some exercise and say dream about what bike I would get.

|
Premix4Life
Fantasy
1306th
3/19/2020 10:02am
Great job putting a smile on those little faces; Dad success!
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
3/19/2020 10:37am
Great job putting a smile on those little faces; Dad success!
Yeah if I could afford them for real it would be nice, I was having a financial crisis even before this Sad
Premix4Life
Fantasy
1306th
3/19/2020 10:40am
Same here. My avatar pic is my boys enjoying the same 'showroom' toys. Was hoping to get them Stacycs but not in the cards as things stand right now.
Sachmo831
3/19/2020 10:59am
Not missing much, all of the tracks around me have cancelled season opening ride days. First it was Indy sx, next local practice days, if redbud gets cancelled I just may lose it

The Shop

3/19/2020 11:03am
Can't ride either after my ankle break. Wife said no. All my neighbors ride with a track a half mile from the house. We ride from our houses. Especially with the rains. The dirt is awesome ride now. Worst of all I do the maintainance on their bikes. It's like rubbing salt in the wound.
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
3/19/2020 11:10am
Can't ride either after my ankle break. Wife said no. All my neighbors ride with a track a half mile from the house. We ride from...
Can't ride either after my ankle break. Wife said no. All my neighbors ride with a track a half mile from the house. We ride from our houses. Especially with the rains. The dirt is awesome ride now. Worst of all I do the maintainance on their bikes. It's like rubbing salt in the wound.
I was very strongly Considering moving to California in the near Future, and I would love to live somewhere, where I could ride from the house. Im thinking this was my last winter in Minnesota.
Where abouts in California do you live?
3/19/2020 11:16am
Cool that you guys are following the guide lines, half of the neighborhood kids in my area are and the rest just hang out in a big group like its a vacation, then i have to explain to my kids why they can't go play
dl117
Fantasy
2546th
3/19/2020 11:29am
Tarz483 wrote:
I was very strongly Considering moving to California in the near Future, and I would love to live somewhere, where I could ride from the house...
I was very strongly Considering moving to California in the near Future, and I would love to live somewhere, where I could ride from the house. Im thinking this was my last winter in Minnesota.
I am with you on possible last winter, and this one was not that bad, the older I get the more I hate it here (been here whole life...46)
tonyd811
3/19/2020 11:50am
Tarz483 wrote:
I wish I could go riding. I dont qualify, I'm self employed plus have past credit issues. And dont have enough to buy one :( I...
I wish I could go riding.
I dont qualify, I'm self employed plus have past credit issues.
And dont have enough to buy one Sad
I Did go to the local shop to look just for fun and they are still open .
We have been quarantining for a week already, (and we arent sick) we went for a walk about 3 miles to the closest Motorcycle shop. Just to get some exercise and say dream about what bike I would get.

same brother. But you taking those little monsters out on an adventure is priceless to them. You're a great dad.
TeamGreen
3/19/2020 12:50pm
Awesome job, dad!
Rupert X
3/19/2020 1:02pm
Tarz. I’ve instructed this many times, but I’ll repeat. Please, never tell other humans you don’t own a bike. “ I’m currently between bikes” Correct statement. Cheers, brother.
VilloFan951
3/19/2020 1:04pm
Same here bud, all this rain in SoCal has made the dirt epic and I would love to load up and hit the desert and just relax. Unfortunately I’m in the middle of a divorce as well as having crap credit and can’t afford a bike either. Thankfully work is keeping me extremely busy right since I work for Amazon so maybe I could save some money up and buy a cheap used bike just to get back out there. Stay strong
Moto520
3/19/2020 1:11pm
awesome....which bike would you buy???
bonseff
3/19/2020 2:27pm
Cute kiddos! I have two girls, 6&2. I feel you. If I lived near you I would totally let you spin laps. Keep your head up and try to stay sane with the kiddos!
Peace
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3671st
3/19/2020 2:47pm
I know people on here hate them, but I’ve been riding my Harley around like it’s god damn mad max and even though it’s only a portion the fun of riding dirt, it puts a huge smile on my face everytime.
3/19/2020 3:22pm
Tarz483 wrote:
I was very strongly Considering moving to California in the near Future, and I would love to live somewhere, where I could ride from the house...
If you can do it....I would suggest living in Cali for a bit to see how you like it before fully committing. I love California and have lived here since 7 years old....but it is freaking nuts here. Wife and I are considering bailing out. Lot's of people already are.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. The pics with the kids smiling are gold, that's a real world treasure. One day when all the trouble passes, it will make it much sweeter to get that bike.
mx317
3/19/2020 3:33pm
We raced last weekend before the shit hit the fan around here and people started canceling. I hope this is past soon, but at least around here I can hit the woods and ride offroad.
Teejay
Fantasy
974th
3/19/2020 3:38pm
From what I’ve learned, sometimes you’ve got money, sometimes you haven’t, but you can hold your head up high if you do a good job of making your kids happy no matter what the financial situation is like. We only get one go round so might as well make the most of what we have and enjoy the ride. I’m sure everything will come back around for you in time, keep smiling.
Ted722
3/19/2020 3:49pm
The dealership was the best playground I remember as a kid! Nice getting out of the house and making memories with your kids.
dl117
Fantasy
2546th
3/19/2020 4:17pm
I know people on here hate them, but I’ve been riding my Harley around like it’s god damn mad max and even though it’s only a...
I know people on here hate them, but I’ve been riding my Harley around like it’s god damn mad max and even though it’s only a portion the fun of riding dirt, it puts a huge smile on my face everytime.
Mines down for custom paint...and weather but soon I will get that out to👍
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
3/19/2020 4:20pm
/\[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/19/411481/s1200_CCBA652F_195A_4347_8C1D_28D0501F67C3.jpg[/img]
/\
That looks like fun too
ledger
3/19/2020 4:53pm
Same here bud, all this rain in SoCal has made the dirt epic and I would love to load up and hit the desert and just...
Same here bud, all this rain in SoCal has made the dirt epic and I would love to load up and hit the desert and just relax. Unfortunately I’m in the middle of a divorce as well as having crap credit and can’t afford a bike either. Thankfully work is keeping me extremely busy right since I work for Amazon so maybe I could save some money up and buy a cheap used bike just to get back out there. Stay strong
Divorce can be really tough and extremely stressful. I was married to my best friend for twenty five year's and pulled the plug for my own sanity. I gave up everything, but I'm thankful that she gave me two son's that turned into good men. Anyway, I don't know your situation, but just wanted to say...hang in there, because it does get better. And...there is a dirt bike of your choice in the near future. Wink
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
3/19/2020 5:23pm
Same here bud, all this rain in SoCal has made the dirt epic and I would love to load up and hit the desert and just...
ledger wrote:
Divorce can be really tough and extremely stressful. I was married to my best friend for twenty five year's and pulled the plug for my own...
Divorce can be really tough and extremely stressful. I was married to my best friend for twenty five year's and pulled the plug for my own sanity. I gave up everything, but I'm thankful that she gave me two son's that turned into good men. Anyway, I don't know your situation, but just wanted to say...hang in there, because it does get better. And...there is a dirt bike of your choice in the near future. Wink
I have been there also.
Jmicmoto13
3/19/2020 6:57pm
Pgd09yz450 wrote:
Cool that you guys are following the guide lines, half of the neighborhood kids in my area are and the rest just hang out in a...
Cool that you guys are following the guide lines, half of the neighborhood kids in my area are and the rest just hang out in a big group like its a vacation, then i have to explain to my kids why they can't go play
Dude, seriously, same here. It's like my neighbors are having a block party and theyre sitting in the driveway drinking and hanging out. Like 20 kids playing with each other and 20 adults socializing in close quarters. I know they aren't suck but come on, at least try to separate.

Post a reply to: I'm sad that I dont have a bike during this time

The Latest