I'm not a Peick guy but...

Related:
Create New Tag

1/7/2018 2:33 AM

Wow! Way to be.... I think I watched him mow most lips on the track, but damn, that was impressive.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/7/2018 2:41 AM

I hope he stays healthy this season. Seems like the last few years he has started strong then ended up with a nagging injury after a few rounds. He's remarkably good

|

James = #7. Malcolm = #27
7/27=0.259259259259259259259
Stewart return confirmed!

1/7/2018 2:43 AM

Coin toss as too who was the surprise of the night Weston or Justin?

|

1/7/2018 4:14 AM

Whitey wrote:

Coin toss as too who was the surprise of the night Weston or Justin?

For me, Barcia was the bigger surprise. I haven't seen him ride like that in a long time.

Peick has become a solid rider over the past few years, but has had some injuries that prevented him from showing his true speed. He is a solid top 5-8 guy who will be knocking on the podium door if he can stay healthy when others slip up and a few are out from injuries.

|

1/7/2018 6:52 AM

I'd give it a tie. Peick top 10 is easy, but not lucking into a top 5 was surprising. As for Barcia, he backed up all those pre-race canned cliche answers about "finally feeling good, the bike is good, I feel good, everything is good."

|

1/7/2018 6:57 AM

good for jgr and him. stay healthy Weston!

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

1/7/2018 8:12 AM

Im sure the JGR guys are stoked. Now they need Bogle to come back and hang a wheel. What a start to 2018. Cheers.

|

1/7/2018 8:32 AM

That was a rather stealthy 5th place finish. Yea, he was up there at the start, but after Mushy and Ando got by him, he quietly ran the laps to 5th. Thumbs up. wink

|

1/7/2018 8:37 AM

He killed it. He can easily land on the podium this year.

|

1/7/2018 9:06 AM

imo everybody should be a Peick guy

|

1/7/2018 3:25 PM

Jamie_Munro wrote:

This^

I can't think of a better "rags to riches" story in modern motocross. Truly representative of a blue collar worker type that just keeps hammering away, no bitching or complaining.

I think he'll win one main event this year.

|

1/7/2018 3:51 PM

Weston looked great last night for sure. Seems to smoothed out his riding a bit to. Flowing better.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/7/2018 3:58 PM

And he has his "own" Toyota commercial, and no one ran out of gas...

How cool would it be to show your kids someday, look at your Dad- he and Toyota made a commercial starring him!

|

1/7/2018 11:35 PM

Awesome ride, he gets better every year so props to him and his hard work. Don't really know what's not to like about him but that's your problem I guess.

|

1/7/2018 11:52 PM

Glad he came out healthy - the bonus was a top 5 finish, looked good. Hope he stays in control and rides to his abilities and not over them. Seems to have found ‘the edge’ and not went past it, def well deserved, Jbone and crew should be pleased at the progression.

|

Now a member of the Orange brigade

1/8/2018 3:04 AM

Being a dude that had to lose a bunch of weight when I was growing up racing to be competitive, I love this dude! I guarantee that he is the most disciplined rider in the field. He is like me, he can look at a cheeseburger and gain 5 pounds. Think about it, just a few years ago he was struggling to make the mains.

|

1/8/2018 3:19 AM

redrider400 wrote:

Being a dude that had to lose a bunch of weight when I was growing up racing to be competitive, I love this dude! I guarantee that he is the most disciplined rider in the field. He is like me, he can look at a cheeseburger and gain 5 pounds. Think about it, just a few years ago he was struggling to make the mains.

Yep, pretty amazing.

Has basically willed himself into being a top 5 guy with a body that would be better suited to contact sports and a style better suited to bull-riding.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/8/2018 3:25 AM

Very impressive Weston. He beat some great riders.

|

1/8/2018 3:50 AM

redrider400 wrote:

Crush wrote:

Yep, pretty amazing.

Has basically willed himself into being a top 5 guy with a body that would be better suited to contact sports and a style better suited to bull-riding.

Sorry but where do you come up with half the utter rubbish you post. Nothing wrong with his teqnique and there has been plenty of riders that are vertically challenged or that carry a few extra pounds that have been at the top of the sport. #quotesofcrush2018

|

1/8/2018 3:54 AM

He’s like the modern day larocco. Just without all the accolades.

|

1/8/2018 7:18 AM

Jamie_Munro wrote:

Matt Fisher wrote:

This^

I can't think of a better "rags to riches" story in modern motocross. Truly representative of a blue collar worker type that just keeps hammering away, no bitching or complaining.

totally agree WP was on it Saturday night , we've been fans for since his early stages.

|

1/8/2018 9:37 AM

I am a longtime Weston fan. I watched as he dealt with that nagging wrist injury in 2017. I'm stoked and I expect to be amazed. I know what he expects of himself.

"Podiums"

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

1/8/2018 10:27 AM

Hope he can make it thru the season healthy. I could see podium in his future.

|

1/8/2018 10:40 AM

Jamie_Munro wrote:

Matt Fisher wrote:

This^

Yep!!!!!!

|

GP740
Since 1987

1/8/2018 4:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/8/2018 4:51 PM

redrider400 wrote:

Crush wrote:

Yep, pretty amazing.

OffRoadBro wrote:

Sorry but where do you come up with half the utter rubbish you post. Nothing wrong with his teqnique and there has been plenty of riders that are vertically challenged or that carry a few extra pounds that have been at the top of the sport. #quotesofcrush2018

Mate, how much have you watched him ride?

He fucking cases and clips shit all over the place and randomly gets front end high or low in the whoops but then just muscles the bike back into line. Technique and style, Dungey or Reed he isn't.

And if you look at his physical transformation from his privateer Suzuki days, he's obviously busting his ass to stay as light as possible. Huge effort.

|

Cheers, Crush

1/8/2018 4:55 PM

Photo

|

1/8/2018 5:55 PM

Crush wrote:

Yep, pretty amazing.

OffRoadBro wrote:

Crush wrote:

Mate, how much have you watched him ride?

He fucking cases and clips shit all over the place and randomly gets front end high or low in the whoops but then just muscles the bike back into line. Technique and style, Dungey or Reed he isn't.

And if you look at his physical transformation from his privateer Suzuki days, he's obviously busting his ass to stay as light as possible. Huge effort.

Wanna hear something really shocking? in his AM days he was pushing 270lbs. So you are right Crush......he trains his ass off , literally! He is about 80lbs lighter than he was , and he was training back then. Now?......pretty nuts how hard he has to hit it.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/8/2018 6:01 PM

You got to see peick at milestone. Like a bulldog on the sx track. Rearranging jumps and berms. Then here come a guy like seely. Like a surgeon. Except peick is doing easy 20 minutes of this.

|

1/8/2018 6:04 PM

Been a peick fan for a few years now. I saw him at pala on a privateer zook years ago. Damn was he fast. Im hoping he has his best year!

|

1/8/2018 6:05 PM

coastlinecascot wrote:

You got to see peick at milestone. Like a bulldog on the sx track. Rearranging jumps and berms. Then here come a guy like seely. Like a surgeon. Except peick is doing easy 20 minutes of this.

That's what I mean. I watched Atlanta 15 the other night and he literally went nose in, nose hi through the whoops a couple times and just corrected it with strength... then the bike is short on something, just power down. Loony, not calculated!

Yeah Jeffro, crazy... see these screen shots from one of the latest preseason vids? He's hardly typical for a MX'er. In fact, I can't think of a modern rider built like him... You'd probably have to go back to Smets and some of the Belgian giants?

Photo

Photo

|

Cheers, Crush