I'm Sure not the first of so many coming..

pitbike502
Edited Date/Time 2/6/2019 8:48am
I have 2 kids that are talented, 1 that is certainly capable of a moderate professional racing career. This is without a doubt another indicator our sport that we love so dearly, is dwindling...

I've read multiple times AMA is hands off in these occurrences, after all they fight for our right to ride! Not what happens when we ride. AMA can open their mouths all they want, but this is a promotion issue. I dont show up to McDonald's in the middle of winter, slip on ice in the parking lot, then demand the backstory from the plow guy. Its fucking McDonald's fault they didnt pull it together.
I'm so glad my kids have careers in mind outside of this sport. I'm touched 1 wants desperately to be in the army,and 1 that is dead set on a police career. We're going to have to enjoy this sport for what it is, a sport.

Being a union electrician, this shit would never fly with us. We would not only get additional pay, paid time off, med Bill's paid, and our tools replaced, wed at least be focused to come back to work with less worries.
Not these guys. I bet half the field hasn't touched their bikes yet, half of tha half cant afford to. This was a blatant disregard of well being. FIM, Feld, AND the AMA should have to answer to this. Football players have a union, most professional sports do. Along with agents that dont want to see their meal tickets bedridden. These KIDS and adults, friends, family, riders and racers need to come together and put an end to this nonsense. Fight tale this sport a career. Stop letting other people line their pockets while having to go through the drive through line at In and Out and hope you either get in for free at the local practice track or pray that lunch doesnt cost you what you need to ride.

|
kkawboy14
2/5/2019 5:10pm
I wonder what the FIM is doing to help the riders in the other half of their SX Series?
skeef
Fantasy
1421st
2/5/2019 5:59pm
Direct your questions to the assistant to the regional manager

The Shop

Electro21
Fantasy
75th
2/5/2019 6:45pm
pitbike502 wrote:
I have 2 kids that are talented, 1 that is certainly capable of a moderate professional racing career. This is without a doubt another indicator our...
I have 2 kids that are talented, 1 that is certainly capable of a moderate professional racing career. This is without a doubt another indicator our sport that we love so dearly, is dwindling...

I've read multiple times AMA is hands off in these occurrences, after all they fight for our right to ride! Not what happens when we ride. AMA can open their mouths all they want, but this is a promotion issue. I dont show up to McDonald's in the middle of winter, slip on ice in the parking lot, then demand the backstory from the plow guy. Its fucking McDonald's fault they didnt pull it together.
I'm so glad my kids have careers in mind outside of this sport. I'm touched 1 wants desperately to be in the army,and 1 that is dead set on a police career. We're going to have to enjoy this sport for what it is, a sport.

Being a union electrician, this shit would never fly with us. We would not only get additional pay, paid time off, med Bill's paid, and our tools replaced, wed at least be focused to come back to work with less worries.
Not these guys. I bet half the field hasn't touched their bikes yet, half of tha half cant afford to. This was a blatant disregard of well being. FIM, Feld, AND the AMA should have to answer to this. Football players have a union, most professional sports do. Along with agents that dont want to see their meal tickets bedridden. These KIDS and adults, friends, family, riders and racers need to come together and put an end to this nonsense. Fight tale this sport a career. Stop letting other people line their pockets while having to go through the drive through line at In and Out and hope you either get in for free at the local practice track or pray that lunch doesnt cost you what you need to ride.

I applaud your kids for their career choices, I have been in the Army for 14 years and am a medium-voltage electrician. If your kid want's to go into the electrical field as well, tell him to look into re-classing to 12P once he makes E4. Would be a great career choice. Too bad the military changed the retirement plans...

As for a union, the riders would have to stand up, and I think the top guys make too much to ever want to cause an issue. The privateers get hurt, but nothing will change until the gates are empty.
pitbike502
2/5/2019 7:09pm
I appreciate the input ^. I have been pushing him to walk away with an education of some sort, he has a vision of working in the firearms industry. Cant hate demo guns.
Anyways, with the minimalist response feld gave, if that's ok to a group of people, cest la vie. Alternatively, if a collection of riders said, take your downplay and shove it up your ass, then maybe they get taken more seriously. I get there are a multitude of racers dying for an opportunity, but an opportunity for what?
They are professional athletes, how often do you hear about retired soccer players framing a house? Or washed up football players hauling shingles from a roof job? I've got 10 people I'm friends with in my home area that have no financial stability. Bobby Kiniry lived 20 minutes from me, and is pursuing a career in criminal justice. Paul Carpenter works for the highway department 45 minutes south of me. I can keep going.

But we pay $50 a ticket per weekend to see these guys bloe out their ankles and break their wrists, when do they come put on top? When does every kid on a yz 85 either know they can make 50k a year chasing a dream and kill themselves or know they can join a union or get a college degree and make that their 1st year out and grow, and race for $400 from local tracks on the weekends?

This sport/profession will soon die without change. It's as easy as looking around the pits. No factory Yamaha, no factory Suzuki, pretty much 1 tire company rules all, and gear companies can't stay alive. But hey, those intro shows are great!
rohleder644
2/5/2019 7:19pm
What industry has unionizing saved?
Is the sport in trouble? Possibly. Is forming a union the solution to financial woes? Me thinks not.

Also, completely irrelevant anecdotal response to your "former football players hauling shingles" quip..... one of my lumber salesman was a New England Patriot for 7 years. He's gonna be slingin wood for a long time yet, and it ain't because he loves the industry.
rmoto003
2/5/2019 7:26pm
was this a critique of the ama/feld, or a chance for you to step on a soap box and tell everyone about your families generic career choices?

i dont see why a post about your kids and your job belongs in moto-related
JohnnyD13
2/5/2019 7:26pm
pitbike502 wrote:
I have 2 kids that are talented, 1 that is certainly capable of a moderate professional racing career. This is without a doubt another indicator our...

It’s McDonald’s fault you slipped on the ice? That mentality is actually the problem
pitbike502
2/5/2019 7:32pm
What industry has unionizing saved? Is the sport in trouble? Possibly. Is forming a union the solution to financial woes? Me thinks not. Also, completely irrelevant...
Is the sport in trouble? Possibly. Is forming a union the solution to financial woes? Me thinks not.

Also, completely irrelevant anecdotal response to your "former football players hauling shingles" quip..... one of my lumber salesman was a New England Patriot for 7 years. He's gonna be slingin wood for a long time yet, and it ain't because he loves the industry.
You must be joking. Or have no knowledge of work history of this country.

In layman's terms, if 40 riders said fuck this, changes would have to be made. Or there would be no show. You can ooooh and aahh over pictures all day long, but words are words, and actions set a precedent, good or bad.

And rmoto003, nobody twisted your arm to read my soap box or my kids future. I feel its relevant, you may not. It's the internet, I can post a picture of a dog fucking a shoebox if I wanted

2/5/2019 7:35pm
This sport is recognized at the same level as ultimate frisbee and college lacrosse. It was never a mainstream sport and never will be, that’s the truth. Any family can go out and buy a bat and ball and have their kids chase a dream with a good possibility of college tuition paid for. Not everyone can go out and buy a clapped out bike, let alone pay track fees on the weekend and travel expenses. A riders union won’t change anything. FELD cares about the 5-10 guys in opening ceremonies and that’s it. In my opinion, Those are the guys that are making enough money to not care for a union.
pitbike502
2/5/2019 7:36pm
JohnnyD13 wrote:
It’s McDonald’s fault you slipped on the ice? That mentality is actually the problem
Given that scenario, so you just blame the weather?

I could be wrong, I'm prepared for that, its just a thought. But given the race scenario,are you blaming it on mother nature? Making it an act of nature? I feel like that would be the same scenario as blaming the ice and cold weather. Racers showed up to race bc that's where it was. I, theoretically show up to McDonald's bc that's where food is. The track has an issue causing injury to riders, who's to blame?

I could be wrong, but that's my train of thought
rohleder644
2/5/2019 7:47pm
What industry has unionizing saved? Is the sport in trouble? Possibly. Is forming a union the solution to financial woes? Me thinks not. Also, completely irrelevant...

pitbike502 wrote:
You must be joking. Or have no knowledge of work history of this country. In layman's terms, if 40 riders said fuck this, changes would have...

In layman's terms, if 40 riders said fuck this, changes would have to be made. Or there would be no show. You can ooooh and aahh over pictures all day long, but words are words, and actions set a precedent, good or bad.

And rmoto003, nobody twisted your arm to read my soap box or my kids future. I feel its relevant, you may not. It's the internet, I can post a picture of a dog fucking a shoebox if I wanted

One industry. I'm curious what industry you believe a union has saved. I'm not talking "worker's rights".
You said the profession wil soon die out. You referenced a lack of some big name companies. They're gone, presumably for financial reasons. So in addition to your "one industry a union has saved", I also ask; how will a union bring about additional sponsors? How will a union bring in money to the sport?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/5/2019 7:52pm
The jungle drums are busy tonight. I’ve heard of $5000 being offered to riders whose bikes were affected. I’ve also heard of a high-powered attorney willing to represent riders.
jstein639
2/5/2019 7:55pm

pitbike502 wrote:
You must be joking. Or have no knowledge of work history of this country. In layman's terms, if 40 riders said fuck this, changes would have...

One industry. I'm curious what industry you believe a union has saved. I'm not talking "worker's rights". You said the profession wil soon die out. You...
One industry. I'm curious what industry you believe a union has saved. I'm not talking "worker's rights".
You said the profession wil soon die out. You referenced a lack of some big name companies. They're gone, presumably for financial reasons. So in addition to your "one industry a union has saved", I also ask; how will a union bring about additional sponsors? How will a union bring in money to the sport?
The easiest answer to your question goes back to when Reed wasn’t allowed to use the helmet cam company because it was a competitor of GoPro (I can’t remember which year that was). It’s sort of analogous to how the UFC forces their fighters to have specific sponsors like Reebok instead of allowing them to have whatever sponsors they would like. No sports union would ever allow that crap to happen.
jstein639
2/5/2019 8:04pm
GuyB wrote:
The jungle drums are busy tonight. I’ve heard of $5000 being offered to riders whose bikes were affected. I’ve also heard of a high-powered attorney willing...
The jungle drums are busy tonight. I’ve heard of $5000 being offered to riders whose bikes were affected. I’ve also heard of a high-powered attorney willing to represent riders.
Oh boy
pitbike502
2/5/2019 8:08pm
One industry. I'm curious what industry you believe a union has saved. I'm not talking "worker's rights". You said the profession wil soon die out. You...
Honestly, you have your mind made up. And thata fine. We have differing opinions, and that's what makes the world go round.
But dont shit on my idea because you don't agree with it. Nor is it worth my time to fight every detail back and forth. This is a public forum, if you have an idea to move past this, offer it up.
Or, like how this situation will likely go, say nothing and move forward. Then everyone can bitch about this scenario, the broc tickle debacle, or even perhaps we can delve into why Stewart isnt racing after getting his dick kicked in the dirt.
Marty1028
Fantasy
1104th
2/5/2019 8:20pm
GuyB wrote:
The jungle drums are busy tonight. I’ve heard of $5000 being offered to riders whose bikes were affected. I’ve also heard of a high-powered attorney willing...
5k?? Thats it? Feld is a greedy bastard. How many riders entered? 300 total? And i bet they made a couple million off of S.D. alone from ticket sales, The math tells ya they are greedy af. They should at least give the riders 15k. Thats enough for a brand new bike from any of the oems and some extra cash for some goodies like a revalve or motor work or whatever.
TJ 755
2/5/2019 9:03pm
GuyB wrote:
They should pay $5k start money to every night show guy every weekend.
mnomis484
2/5/2019 11:47pm Edited Date/Time 2/5/2019 11:54pm
JohnnyD13 wrote:
pitbike502 wrote:
Given that scenario, so you just blame the weather? I could be wrong, I'm prepared for that, its just a thought. But given the race scenario,are...
Given that scenario, so you just blame the weather?

I could be wrong, I'm prepared for that, its just a thought. But given the race scenario,are you blaming it on mother nature? Making it an act of nature? I feel like that would be the same scenario as blaming the ice and cold weather. Racers showed up to race bc that's where it was. I, theoretically show up to McDonald's bc that's where food is. The track has an issue causing injury to riders, who's to blame?

I could be wrong, but that's my train of thought
It's sad what a lawsuit-happy society we have become. It's simple, if you go out on an icy parking lot, with no awareness of the condition of the ground and you slip, it is your fault. Of course, Mcdonalds would have to make sure that it is not overly dangerous, but it is winter and you have to look where you are going and adapt to the conditions. Dont always look for someone else to blame for your mistakes, or even try to make profit off them.
However, getting too carried away from the actual topic here, as Feld definitely is at fault and should compensate the Riders somehow.

kage173
2/6/2019 6:54am
pitbike502 wrote:

The other 15 page threads weren't enough for you huh?
Taylor415
2/6/2019 8:28am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2019 8:34am
IBEW local 20 here.
Yeah, that wouldn’t fly with us either. However, I don’t see a Union in motocross. Outside of the factory guys it’s just not there. Riders organization is more feasible.

peltier626
2/6/2019 8:37am
TJ 755 wrote:
They should pay $5k start money to every night show guy every weekend.
This.
motomike137
2/6/2019 8:48am
pitbike502 wrote:

They spelled "asses" wrong.

Post a reply to: I'm Sure not the first of so many coming..

The Latest