I'm Done With Motosport. Where do you get parts online?

3D
Edited Date/Time 5/9/2014 6:35pm
Motosport hosed me yet again. I ordered chain and sprockets that were listed as in stock, ready to ship. Needless to say they didn't actually have everything in stock and now I'm on my third week of waiting. This has happened before. Probably the last 3 times I ordered from them. I would have gone another route if they said it was such a wait. Anyway, where do you guys order from? I'm switching, obviously.

Thanks
|
muGz.147
Fantasy
1789th
5/6/2014 1:06pm
Go to your local dealer...or find ANY local dealer and go through them. I GUARANTEE you that they will offer you a discount and take good care of you. Stop feeding the internet machine!!
JM485
5/6/2014 1:06pm
Huh, you must have just had some bad luck, I've always been happy with them. I guess you could try rockymountainatvmc.com.
3D
5/6/2014 1:09pm
muGz.147 wrote:
Go to your local dealer...or find ANY local dealer and go through them. I GUARANTEE you that they will offer you a discount and take good...
Go to your local dealer...or find ANY local dealer and go through them. I GUARANTEE you that they will offer you a discount and take good care of you. Stop feeding the internet machine!!
I would and used to but my closest dealer is an hour away from where I live now. Sucks.

The Shop

muGz.147
Fantasy
1789th
5/6/2014 1:12pm
muGz.147 wrote:
Go to your local dealer...or find ANY local dealer and go through them. I GUARANTEE you that they will offer you a discount and take good...
3D wrote:
I would and used to but my closest dealer is an hour away from where I live now. Sucks.
Local dealers that are with the times will still compete for your business and offer you free shipping in most circumstances. Regardless of how far away you are. Food for thought...
JeepnMike
5/6/2014 1:12pm
There is nothing that pisses me off more than someone who lists items for sale that they don't have. I have bought enough stuff online from people that (later) clearly list items they don't even stock, they sell third party, make their money, and never pay a bit of overhead. As a buyer, that means double the amount of time shipping, and purely gambling if stock is in through their source. I have been bitten by this crap enough... Stick to one retailer and go with it.
3D
5/6/2014 1:13pm
JM485 wrote:
Huh, you must have just had some bad luck, I've always been happy with them. I guess you could try rockymountainatvmc.com.
I will say that I was happy with them for a long while, but it's getting bad. At least for me. I used to be amazed how fast I got packages.
Huevos
5/6/2014 1:13pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2014 1:13pm
Rocky Mountain baby. I lived in Payson, UT for a few months which is where their warehouse is. I loved being able to make an order online and drive down and pick it up 30 minutes later. They also have great sales in their showroom available to locals only. If you live in that area you should definitely check it out.
3D
5/6/2014 1:19pm
JeepnMike wrote:
There is nothing that pisses me off more than someone who lists items for sale that they don't have. I have bought enough stuff online from...
There is nothing that pisses me off more than someone who lists items for sale that they don't have. I have bought enough stuff online from people that (later) clearly list items they don't even stock, they sell third party, make their money, and never pay a bit of overhead. As a buyer, that means double the amount of time shipping, and purely gambling if stock is in through their source. I have been bitten by this crap enough... Stick to one retailer and go with it.
I was just told on the phone that they're at the mercy of their suppliers. THEN DON'T LIST IT AS "IN STOCK"!! Aggravating!
The Rock
5/6/2014 1:21pm
3D wrote:
Only an hour? That's like "across the street' if you live in SoCal!
JVT357
Fantasy
3153rd
5/6/2014 1:27pm
muGz.147 wrote:
Ive given up on local dealers. They usually have higher prices and you have to pay sales tax to boot. When they dont have the part in stock it takes over a week to get there. Rockymountain has parts in stock almost always, they get to my house in three days, and the have a great frequent buyer program. No reason to buy locally when they wont even try to compete with online retailers
bd
5/6/2014 1:31pm
BTO Sports.... by far the best in the biz
JeepnMike
5/6/2014 1:31pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2014 1:33pm
JeepnMike wrote:
There is nothing that pisses me off more than someone who lists items for sale that they don't have. I have bought enough stuff online from...
3D wrote:
I was just told on the phone that they're at the mercy of their suppliers. THEN DON'T LIST IT AS "IN STOCK"!! Aggravating!
Exactly... If you are an online retailer, your system should automatically note items as out of stuck if you don't have it. I don't know if it is a cost savings method of not taking that step, or purely to deceive the consumers.
hvaughn88
5/6/2014 1:32pm
muGz.147 wrote:
I've said this in a another thread before, but not all of us are lucky enough to have dealers close that are good for this kind of thing. If you need a UTV, hunting fourwheeler, cruiser or gun rack, then you will be more than taken care of. But if you want something remotely current moto related...good luck. A chad reed poster wearing thor and riding a Yamaha...complete with curled, yellow edges...then yes you are in luck (full price at that, haha). I agree that if you can go to a dealer, you should. But for some, it's just not a reality.
IWreckALot
5/6/2014 1:34pm
Huevos wrote:
Rocky Mountain baby. I lived in Payson, UT for a few months which is where their warehouse is. I loved being able to make an order...
Rocky Mountain baby. I lived in Payson, UT for a few months which is where their warehouse is. I loved being able to make an order online and drive down and pick it up 30 minutes later. They also have great sales in their showroom available to locals only. If you live in that area you should definitely check it out.
Lucky Bastard. I wish I could drive to their outlet and pick it up.

As for a local shop, we have Cycle Gear around us and I am thoroughly dissatisfied with the way they've taken their business. They have a "Bilt" brand which is a bunch of just shit gear. Then the good name brand stuff is much more expensive. When you bring up the prices on Rocky Mountain being lower, they won't match them. I might try a local motorcycle shop next time but what is the point in going to the shop to haggle over price and shipping when RM's price and shipping is already offered?
5/6/2014 1:42pm
motorcycle superstore Same Shit !!!!!! They Hosed me on a Xmas for my Daughter then again chain and sprockets I will NEVER use them again EVER.
bvm111
5/6/2014 1:45pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2014 3:07pm
I understand the want/desire to support local dealers.

The point is we live a global economy now either embrace it or die off like the dodo bird. I can go onto Motosport, BTO, Rocky Mountain, and order tax free and shipped free usually within 3 to 5 days. I have been to every dealer here localy and they dont stock the parts or gear or have no knowledge of what I am asking about. I can get a OEM part without the confused look from the parts guy behind the counter that has no clue what I am asking about.

Regarding Motosport, I have always had good luck with them especially for OEM Parts. For accesories and gear I prefer BTO you cant beat the 20% discount for enetring "pulpmx" in the coupon code at check out!
tprice07
5/6/2014 1:53pm
muGz.147 wrote:
I agree, I was ordering like crazy from Motosport/eBay until I priced a few things at the local dealer....they beat the online prices and usually I get it next day if i need it. Plus having a good relationship with local dealers can really help down the road.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
5/6/2014 2:02pm
3D wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Only an hour? That's like "across the street' if you live in SoCal!
I wouldn't consider that across the street. There are 7 or 8 shops within 10-40 minutes of me (in the heart of socal), driving an hour or more is a last resort. Laughing
S.Loyer
5/6/2014 2:08pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2014 2:18pm
BTO is good, although, I did just get off the phone with my Bank three hours ago saying my debit card was trying to buy tickets to some island with some bizarre airline and a bunch of other random things out of our country...

BTO is the last place I shopped online at, about 2 weeks ago, and before that it had been months so I have to assume it leaked through them.

Luckily my bank caught it and I didn't get charged for anything.

I will still will order them, they are a great company and shit happens.
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4018th
5/6/2014 2:09pm
I've never had an issue w/ Motosport.com & always got my stuff in 3 days. I normally just get OEM parts from them now because they seem to be the cheapest for that. They were the only people I use to order from until I discovered RMATVMC. I live in Atlanta & I always get my stuff within 2-3 days, they have the lowest prices 98%of the time & I get 10% off every purchase. I order from them at least twice a month & I've never had an issue with them. I buy alot of moto parts, gear & accessories all the time, so I'm always shopping online from Ebay to Amazon to the big 3 online moto stores & RMATVMC normally has the best prices & service. If I need oil, plugs, tires or small random stuff, I go to my local shop (they match online prices on tires). With moto retail, it really depends on what I need & that is usually the deciding factor of who I'm gonna get it from.

Also, I've signed up for rider support with alot of companies. Anybody can do it, even if you don't race much. I get 20-50% off from alot of good companies. ProTaper, One Industries, Fasst Co, 661, Twin Air, Lucas Oil, Leatt, Garne & alot more! Its really easy & helps out alot. I just ordered Flexx Bars for my bike. A friend that owns Dirthammers.com hooked me up with Cole at Fasst Co. He put me on the Rider program, I got a good discount for a set of $370 bars & I'm good to go. You'd be surprised who will give you "rider support" if you just ask. I'm not looking for free bikes & parts, a discount makes me happy enough!
Titan1
5/6/2014 2:11pm
Rocky Mountain ATV/MC...they are the only place I go. Because I'm so close, as long as I make the shipping deadline I can have almost anything on my door stop the next day by noon. Or, if I really need something fast, I can call their warehouse and it will be waiting for by the time I drive there (about 25 minutes away)...you can't beat that.
Paw Paw 271
5/6/2014 2:14pm
Look, if you are ordering any OEM part for any bike from these on line companies, they all get the parts from a warehouse for that bike and then they are shipped under that companies name. None of them have the parts sitting on the shelf.
Order any non oem part from them and it will ship quickly.
Titan1
I've never had an issue w/ Motosport.com & always got my stuff in 3 days. I normally just get OEM parts from them now because they...
I've never had an issue w/ Motosport.com & always got my stuff in 3 days. I normally just get OEM parts from them now because they seem to be the cheapest for that. They were the only people I use to order from until I discovered RMATVMC. I live in Atlanta & I always get my stuff within 2-3 days, they have the lowest prices 98%of the time & I get 10% off every purchase. I order from them at least twice a month & I've never had an issue with them. I buy alot of moto parts, gear & accessories all the time, so I'm always shopping online from Ebay to Amazon to the big 3 online moto stores & RMATVMC normally has the best prices & service. If I need oil, plugs, tires or small random stuff, I go to my local shop (they match online prices on tires). With moto retail, it really depends on what I need & that is usually the deciding factor of who I'm gonna get it from.

Also, I've signed up for rider support with alot of companies. Anybody can do it, even if you don't race much. I get 20-50% off from alot of good companies. ProTaper, One Industries, Fasst Co, 661, Twin Air, Lucas Oil, Leatt, Garne & alot more! Its really easy & helps out alot. I just ordered Flexx Bars for my bike. A friend that owns Dirthammers.com hooked me up with Cole at Fasst Co. He put me on the Rider program, I got a good discount for a set of $370 bars & I'm good to go. You'd be surprised who will give you "rider support" if you just ask. I'm not looking for free bikes & parts, a discount makes me happy enough!
Good point on the rider support...same for me from Fasst Co....Cole is the man...and I love their handlebars.

Klim, Rekluse, Scott, Acerbis...all offer rider support programs with good discounts (of course, often the price after the discount is still more than Rocky Mountain ATV/MC)...just had to ask.
peelout
i swear by Rocky Mountain. helps that i live less than 2 hours away, but if I order something before noon it's in my office by noon the next day with free shipping. can't beat it
Grizz
5/6/2014 2:15pm
eBay. But the many other times I've used motosport I've always had great shipping.

Post a reply to: I'm Done With Motosport. Where do you get parts online?

The Latest