If you're Weston do you...

Looby321
2/13/2019 10:03am Edited Date/Time 2/13/2019 10:05am
It is truly shitty that his ‘ole lady was brought into this, some of you really need to check yourself. That being said, I would take the money, invest, and do something in the industry.
STLSharky
2/13/2019 10:07am
That fiance' of his LOVES the spotlight. A million won't be much after taxes and the wife's expensive taste.
Pretty sure she brings home plenty of bread herself..
What gives you that impression? The 1500 Instagram photos of herself? Meh.
The Monster Girls make more than the racers!
Mit12
2/13/2019 10:27am
That fiance' of his LOVES the spotlight. A million won't be much after taxes and the wife's expensive taste.
There would be no taxes on a settlement.
psg119
2/13/2019 10:28am
I don't think any racer would want to go out like that. Especially with the progress he's been having over the past few years (minus the injuries). It may end up he has to retire but I'm sure that is not his goal right now. In his mind I think he still has something to prove to himself.

As for his fiance, it's not something that I am personally into but her insta is her business and people probably pay her a good chunk to post pics of herself on there. I don't follow her but I think the fact that she's even talking about him is a pretty good thing if her insta is her main source of income. You should pay attention to some of these other influencers that post their asses all the time and have a ring on their hand. 99% of the time you will never see the husband that is taking all the photos that the assholes are droolin or wankin to with no mention of them ever. "happy valentines to all my amazing followers" *bikini pic with a heart shaped balloon." Social media isn't real life for everyone. It's good that she's sharing about him at all. And she's sticking by him through all this so it seems to me her heart is with him to me.

The Shop

CozMan
2/13/2019 10:51am
GuyB wrote:
No kidding. And some of you bashing Kelly can watch from the sidelines.
man, seriously stop. I know it's your board and all, but jeez...it's a discussion about WP and his life, which includes his gf that many on here cede has posted some strange stuff. Most have actually been polite by saying that they don't know her personally but are only judging by her IG account, which is personally operated.

I love coming here to talk moto, but this "finger on the trigger" attitude toward posters that don't toe the line is really a let-down. You clipped a guy in one thread about a kid dying who said "Good thing they have another kid so they won't be as sad" and he deserved it. But clipping folks for talking about life issues surrounding one of our sport's most popular riders is just over the edge, man.

My .02. Now don't clip me. Somebody had to say it. And my previous posts will show that I don't comment to you directly much.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/13/2019 10:56am
CozMan wrote:
man, seriously stop. I know it's your board and all, but jeez...it's a discussion about WP and his life, which includes his gf that many on...
man, seriously stop. I know it's your board and all, but jeez...it's a discussion about WP and his life, which includes his gf that many on here cede has posted some strange stuff. Most have actually been polite by saying that they don't know her personally but are only judging by her IG account, which is personally operated.

I love coming here to talk moto, but this "finger on the trigger" attitude toward posters that don't toe the line is really a let-down. You clipped a guy in one thread about a kid dying who said "Good thing they have another kid so they won't be as sad" and he deserved it. But clipping folks for talking about life issues surrounding one of our sport's most popular riders is just over the edge, man.

My .02. Now don't clip me. Somebody had to say it. And my previous posts will show that I don't comment to you directly much.
Agree to disagree.

I had one guy who got clipped a while back emailing this morning trying to get reinstated. The thing that earned him a sideline spot was, "No jive...but once the JGR money is gone so is Kelly. Pretty obvious by her posting a glamour shot on instagram, while talking about her flying to see her "fiancee" with a jacked up face and a career that is most likely done. Call me a dick if you want."

That was shortly after Weston's crash. Dick comment, on top of extremely poor timing.

The bottom line is, people can have their opinions; but they can't come in here, say anything they want with no limits, without repercussions.
Brent
2/13/2019 11:04am Edited Date/Time 2/13/2019 11:13am
mac3-d wrote:
Did Emig get a career ending injury payout after breaking both arms ? If Weston recovers could he race as long as Reed ?. With more...
Did Emig get a career ending injury payout after breaking both arms ?
If Weston recovers could he race as long as Reed ?. With more younger racers coming through it's not going to get any easier.
Yes, Emig did receive an insurance settlement via Lloyds of London I believe.

1 Million isn't really enough for retirement money in SoCal, I would think of it as transition cash to remain financially stable until you can find another career...
CozMan
2/13/2019 11:05am
CozMan wrote:
man, seriously stop. I know it's your board and all, but jeez...it's a discussion about WP and his life, which includes his gf that many on...

GuyB wrote:
Agree to disagree. I had one guy who got clipped a while back emailing this morning trying to get reinstated. The thing that earned him a...
Agree to disagree.

I had one guy who got clipped a while back emailing this morning trying to get reinstated. The thing that earned him a sideline spot was, "No jive...but once the JGR money is gone so is Kelly. Pretty obvious by her posting a glamour shot on instagram, while talking about her flying to see her "fiancee" with a jacked up face and a career that is most likely done. Call me a dick if you want."

That was shortly after Weston's crash. Dick comment, on top of extremely poor timing.

The bottom line is, people can have their opinions; but they can't come in here, say anything they want with no limits, without repercussions.
but you just proved my point - if he deserved that booting, then fine, though I'd even question that. But I can't see any posts in here that deserved it. As a serious suggestion (not being a wise-ass), you should flag posts that you think are "questionable" and come back a day later and see if you feel the same way. I bet you'd let a good percentage of them slide. As another suggestion nobody asked for, you guys might consider using a mod who doesn't know these riders/gfs/wives personally. That's probably a great portion of your response is because you know this Kelly chick, so it offends you more than it does others. I get it - if somebody said something about my brother, I tear your face off...even if everybody that heard that comment just thinks "Meh - no biggie."
STLSharky
2/13/2019 11:09am
CozMan wrote:

GuyB wrote:
Agree to disagree. I had one guy who got clipped a while back emailing this morning trying to get reinstated. The thing that earned him a...
Agree to disagree.

CozMan wrote:
but you just proved my point - if he deserved that booting, then fine, though I'd even question that. But I can't see any posts in...
but you just proved my point - if he deserved that booting, then fine, though I'd even question that. But I can't see any posts in here that deserved it. As a serious suggestion (not being a wise-ass), you should flag posts that you think are "questionable" and come back a day later and see if you feel the same way. I bet you'd let a good percentage of them slide. As another suggestion nobody asked for, you guys might consider using a mod who doesn't know these riders/gfs/wives personally. That's probably a great portion of your response is because you know this Kelly chick, so it offends you more than it does others. I get it - if somebody said something about my brother, I tear your face off...even if everybody that heard that comment just thinks "Meh - no biggie."
Exactly, censorship just plain communistic.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/13/2019 11:10am Edited Date/Time 2/13/2019 11:16am
CozMan wrote:
but you just proved my point - if he deserved that booting, then fine, though I'd even question that. But I can't see any posts in...
Not sure how long you’ve followed the forum, but it looks like you haven’t been here all that long. I’ve been running this forum for nearly 20 years. I think I have a little bit of a handle on where the limits are.

I’ll admit, my patience for nonsense isn’t what it used to be. But I think that also mirrors the rise of social media, and people’s inability to check themselves.
mxb2
2/13/2019 11:14am
mac3-d wrote:
Did Emig get a career ending injury payout after breaking both arms ? If Weston recovers could he race as long as Reed ?. With more...
Did Emig get a career ending injury payout after breaking both arms ?
If Weston recovers could he race as long as Reed ?. With more younger racers coming through it's not going to get any easier.
Brent wrote:
Yes, Emig did receive an insurance settlement via Lloyds of London I believe. 1 Million isn't really enough for retirement money in SoCal, I would think...
Yes, Emig did receive an insurance settlement via Lloyds of London I believe.

1 Million isn't really enough for retirement money in SoCal, I would think of it as transition cash to remain financially stable until you can find another career...
X2 or move and adjust your lifestyle. People in this country survive on 40k a year.
CozMan
2/13/2019 11:16am
GuyB wrote:
Not sure how long you’ve followed the forum, but it looks like you haven’t been here all that long. I’ve been running this forum for nearly...
Not sure how long you’ve followed the forum, but it looks like you haven’t been here all that long. I’ve been running this forum for nearly 20 years. I think I have a little bit of a handle on where the limits are.

I’ll admit, my patience for nonsense isn’t what it used to be. But I think that also mirrors the rise of social media, and people’s inability to check themselves.
been here for years. Just recently began posting (I hate internet posting for the most part - this is the only site I do it).

Do as you will - it's your show. I'm simply saying from one human being to another - you need a vacation from this and it might be time to let somebody else take the steering wheel for a bit. Not because you're not good at moderating the forum, but because it doesn't appear to make you all that happy. Take it easy, my man.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/13/2019 11:27am
CozMan wrote:
been here for years. Just recently began posting (I hate internet posting for the most part - this is the only site I do it). Do...
been here for years. Just recently began posting (I hate internet posting for the most part - this is the only site I do it).

Do as you will - it's your show. I'm simply saying from one human being to another - you need a vacation from this and it might be time to let somebody else take the steering wheel for a bit. Not because you're not good at moderating the forum, but because it doesn't appear to make you all that happy. Take it easy, my man.
Maybe it comes across as unhappy, but I'm actually good. Just disgusted on occasion. Smile
ob
2/13/2019 11:30am
ob wrote:
One mill is only enough for an emergency. Hope he has a different career path in mind to supplement that $ if it is only a...
One mill is only enough for an emergency. Hope he has a different career path in mind to supplement that $ if it is only a mill. It must be a bigger policy than that? I am betting and hoping that he keeps racing, that guy is an inspiration to lots a people. Wishing that beast the best.
Question wrote:
"Only enough for an emergency" ? I don't know what you drive or if it is because you live in cali, but lots of people are...
"Only enough for an emergency" ? I don't know what you drive or if it is because you live in cali, but lots of people are able to live in the world with $50k per year (5% yield, to remain both conservative and still opportunistic), I mean it is the average GDP per capita of the most developped countries including the US ! He also probably paid his house in full, his cars, and has a few other investments already going on.

And he can still work in moto for minimum 50k. So that is minimum 100k, with a house paid, it is not like he will end up in the misery like unfortunately Magoo did ... Here that makes me sick ... Sad
No that’s not close to enough. Could you survive on it in TX or AB some cheap ass state? sure.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
2/13/2019 11:46am Edited Date/Time 2/13/2019 11:48am
BobKerr wrote:
No, I don't believe Emig collected on a policy. The interview with him was great. He broke both wrists, healed up and came back, then broke...
No, I don't believe Emig collected on a policy. The interview with him was great. He broke both wrists, healed up and came back, then broke his leg and a vertebrae in his back I think. He said he felt his racing spirit leave him on that crash. It was pretty interesting the way he described it.
Yes he did ! 100% collected
Lloyd’s of London (I think) insurance policy
Brent
2/13/2019 11:54am
mxb2 wrote:
X2 or move and adjust your lifestyle. People in this country survive on 40k a year.
Living and surviving are two different things.

Keep in mind that most medical insurance policies have a lifetime payout limit, and I'd bet that Weston's medical bills are already in the millions, and he faces more surgeries and treatment.

One day in a hospital bed is 10 to 15 grand just for room and board, I have the hospital bills to prove it.
tprice07
2/13/2019 12:04pm
Crush wrote:
Catching up on moto-pods. Somewhere along the line they were discussing Weston's situation, they believed he has an end-of-career insurance payout waiting if he wanted it...
Catching up on moto-pods. Somewhere along the line they were discussing Weston's situation, they believed he has an end-of-career insurance payout waiting if he wanted it.

Assuming it's a million, would you guys take it if you were him?

I kinda feel like I would. He's 26 or 27, so probably got like 4 plus years left at a good swing... getting married.

Assume he's made some reasonable money the last few years, he could walk away with this fat check. Complete guess but he maybe makes a quarter of that a year?

What say you?
Take the million.

He will be turning 28 this year. He won't be back on a bike racing until he is 29 (I don't believe there are any plans of him racing in 3 months for the National series)

Even if he comes back next year guns blazing, he will have had limited training and riding compared to the competition.

His contracts are most likely performance based. Last year he was 5-10 guy in SX and MX. I don't see a year off the bike improving that stat.

I would imagine his big payouts are for podium to top 5, which he would potentially be out of consistently.

Most guys don't race that far beyond 30, especially after a horrific injury like he experienced. So maybe he gets 2-3 more years on the high side?

So take that million and divide it out by 2-3 and you'll get $330k - $250k. Factor in the work and risk required to complete those contracts, is it worth it? Will he even make that much? I really don't know what his contract looks like but I have to imagine a 5-10 guy isn't exactly buying the R8s and lambos.

Beyond that, he may not have a choice. I don't believe his vision is back fully, and it may never return fully. I believe he only signed a 1 year extension with JGR. They have been loyal to him in the past so they may sign him anyhow but it's something to consider.

Side note on JGR. I don't believe JGR has any active contracts for 2020 for the 450 class. I could be wrong but I believe Reed is 1 year, Hill is on his 2nd year of a 2 year deal, and Weston signed an extension last year for 2019 only. There are a few big name riders available for 2020 as of right now. I have to imagine JGR needs a big name guy to attract the level of sponsorship required to move forward.
Brent
2/13/2019 12:10pm
tprice07 wrote:
Take the million. He will be turning 28 this year. He won't be back on a bike racing until he is 29 (I don't believe there...
Take the million.

He will be turning 28 this year. He won't be back on a bike racing until he is 29 (I don't believe there are any plans of him racing in 3 months for the National series)

Even if he comes back next year guns blazing, he will have had limited training and riding compared to the competition.

His contracts are most likely performance based. Last year he was 5-10 guy in SX and MX. I don't see a year off the bike improving that stat.

I would imagine his big payouts are for podium to top 5, which he would potentially be out of consistently.

Most guys don't race that far beyond 30, especially after a horrific injury like he experienced. So maybe he gets 2-3 more years on the high side?

So take that million and divide it out by 2-3 and you'll get $330k - $250k. Factor in the work and risk required to complete those contracts, is it worth it? Will he even make that much? I really don't know what his contract looks like but I have to imagine a 5-10 guy isn't exactly buying the R8s and lambos.

Beyond that, he may not have a choice. I don't believe his vision is back fully, and it may never return fully. I believe he only signed a 1 year extension with JGR. They have been loyal to him in the past so they may sign him anyhow but it's something to consider.

Side note on JGR. I don't believe JGR has any active contracts for 2020 for the 450 class. I could be wrong but I believe Reed is 1 year, Hill is on his 2nd year of a 2 year deal, and Weston signed an extension last year for 2019 only. There are a few big name riders available for 2020 as of right now. I have to imagine JGR needs a big name guy to attract the level of sponsorship required to move forward.
Hearing stuff around this town and at the practice tracks I get the impression that JGR may be going in another direction with their program after 2020, but it could be bullshit, who knows...
mxb2
2/13/2019 12:22pm
mxb2 wrote:
Brent wrote:
Living and surviving are two different things. Keep in mind that most medical insurance policies have a lifetime payout limit, and I'd bet that Weston's medical...
Living and surviving are two different things.

Keep in mind that most medical insurance policies have a lifetime payout limit, and I'd bet that Weston's medical bills are already in the millions, and he faces more surgeries and treatment.

One day in a hospital bed is 10 to 15 grand just for room and board, I have the hospital bills to prove it.
X2 agreed,. Bad shit happens in life . People adjust, move, sell stuff. Sucks. But.survival is better than no money. Hospitals willl work on paying off the bills. Plenty people set up payment plans, 5-10-15 yr plans. I did when my insurance didnt cover certain things.
tprice07
2/13/2019 12:31pm
Brent wrote:
Hearing stuff around this town and at the practice tracks I get the impression that JGR may be going in another direction with their program after...
Hearing stuff around this town and at the practice tracks I get the impression that JGR may be going in another direction with their program after 2020, but it could be bullshit, who knows...
What direction is that? Out of supercross? 250 only? Monster trucks?
Frank
2/13/2019 12:49pm
Thank god Weston is alive. That is most important right? He has use of his arms and legs. He is still able to lead a normal life and earn an income like us. A million dollars is a lot of money given those facts.
tingo
2/13/2019 1:03pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2019 1:04pm
CozMan wrote:
I don't know Weston or his fiancé, but I do know that bashing her in a thread that is supposed to be about Weston (or any thread, really) is trash and deserves to be treated accordingly.

The reality is that we're all playing in a sandbox that isn't ours...and that means someone else gets to set the rules. The mods let a LOT of stuff slide on here compared to other forums, and bitching about things they do take action on is just that.
loftyair
2/13/2019 1:58pm
Lots of talk about no facts. Contemplation. If its 500k, or 2 mill. makes a huge difference. Also depends on your individual thoughts on 'now' versus future. Live in a mansion in Beverly hills, or small place in the woods? Very individual on what you like/want.
Flatliner
2/13/2019 2:03pm
I’d collect if it was me. Given his age and potential left in the sport. He can transition to something else, and still enjoy riding , but not race for a pay check.

Emig still rides and even races. Just not for money.
bigk218
Fantasy
3155th
2/13/2019 2:18pm
Pretty sure she brings home plenty of bread herself..
I don’t know his salary but I doubt it’s millions. Maybe a million over the course of three years if he’s racing all of supercross and motocross without missing races. Take the million and get a job in the industry and call it a day. He’s lucky to be alive.
STLSharky
2/13/2019 2:34pm
CozMan wrote:
tingo wrote:
I don't know Weston or his fiancé, but I do know that bashing her in a thread that is supposed to be about Weston (or any...
I don't know Weston or his fiancé, but I do know that bashing her in a thread that is supposed to be about Weston (or any thread, really) is trash and deserves to be treated accordingly.

The reality is that we're all playing in a sandbox that isn't ours...and that means someone else gets to set the rules. The mods let a LOT of stuff slide on here compared to other forums, and bitching about things they do take action on is just that.
I think they just let somethings go to watch or enjoy watching develop, just an opinion.
STLSharky
2/13/2019 2:43pm
CozMan wrote:
been here for years. Just recently began posting (I hate internet posting for the most part - this is the only site I do it). Do...

GuyB wrote:
Maybe it comes across as unhappy, but I'm actually good. Just disgusted on occasion. Smile
I get some of that.

In hindsight I thought the same thing about situations like his and hers and I guess its our jealousy?

He's got a high profile girl, we are judging that she's fake and a gold digger and first sign of trouble
she will be gone.

If I said that publically or on here I think I'd deserve a talking to.
Hcallz5
2/13/2019 3:10pm
Probably has half a mil in medical bills alone.....
stillwelding
2/13/2019 3:12pm
You are a cruel mother fucker.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
2/13/2019 7:49pm
Crush wrote:
Catching up on moto-pods. Somewhere along the line they were discussing Weston's situation, they believed he has an end-of-career insurance payout waiting if he wanted it...
Catching up on moto-pods. Somewhere along the line they were discussing Weston's situation, they believed he has an end-of-career insurance payout waiting if he wanted it.

Assuming it's a million, would you guys take it if you were him?

I kinda feel like I would. He's 26 or 27, so probably got like 4 plus years left at a good swing... getting married.

Assume he's made some reasonable money the last few years, he could walk away with this fat check. Complete guess but he maybe makes a quarter of that a year?

What say you?
UpTiTe wrote:
The dont just give that money away even tho you paid the premium. If he opts to not ride and try to collect, he has to...
The dont just give that money away even tho you paid the premium. If he opts to not ride and try to collect, he has to prove that he can no longer compete on that level because of that injury.

A top rider was denied after a concussion and was forced to keep racing. Of course, with his vision problems, he will have a great case.

After seeing him a few times, if I was him, I'd try to get the money, he still struggles.
mxb2 wrote:
,x2 and once you get the ,$$. You wont be able to ride again. Dirt or street.
You can ride, just not professionally.

Post a reply to: If you're Weston do you...

The Latest