If you were there, you know.

Aryen
10/8/2018 8:00am
Park Boys wrote:
Here we go a British man taking about Motocross. The Brithshmen are the weakest links of European Motocross. The Dutch, Belgians an Italian, some Germans, plenty...
Here we go a British man taking about Motocross. The Brithshmen are the weakest links of European Motocross. The Dutch, Belgians an Italian, some Germans, plenty of Frenchman and a Slovenian are the faces of European Motocross. You know what guys are non players on European Motocross? The guys that thump there chest the loudest about European MX, the British! A country completely non relevant on the Motocross world stage. Last year was along time ago. I suppose in about 20 some years you may podium again. If Belgium has bad luck of course. Remember both Serale and Anstie tried to make it in the states and got sent back to Europe with their tails between there legs.
Sir wrote:
1.7oz of petroleum jelly is $1.67 at Walmart for all that butthurt your feeling. You're embarrassing yourself and this great nation with the nonsense you're expressing...
1.7oz of petroleum jelly is $1.67 at Walmart for all that butthurt your feeling. You're embarrassing yourself and this great nation with the nonsense you're expressing on these MXdN forum posts.

Europe, Britain and Australia handed the USA its ass at Red Bud despite all the advantages the american riders had at this event - even being allowed to compete on the track during the nationals something the MXGP boys aren't allowed to do when the event is held in Europe or Britain.
The fact you say Europe and/or Britain makes me think you’re not from the USA.... Typical remark from Brittania (rules the waves or waves the rules?).

So do your former posts...
Hoseclamp
Fantasy
658th
10/8/2018 8:06am
robkinuk wrote:
Only good performance by an American at Red Bud was the girl who sang the national anthem.?? Perhaps Plessinger should have spent more time on his...
Only good performance by an American at Red Bud was the girl who sang the national anthem.?? Perhaps Plessinger should have spent more time on his bike these past 6 weeks than he did at hair dressers and painting his cowboy boots!????
Great ride by Ben Watson, Team GB robbed by Tommy Searle bike blowing up after he was riding so well.
National anyhem gave me to goosebumps and made my eyes tear up a little. That was powerful!
sticecube
10/8/2018 8:30am
sticecube wrote:
Im my honest opinion, the MXDN is set up for Europeans to Succeed thanks to Youthstream or who ever it is that runs the GP's (I...
Im my honest opinion, the MXDN is set up for Europeans to Succeed thanks to Youthstream or who ever it is that runs the GP's (I haven't watched a GP on tv in years and the last time I did they were the ones running it I believe but I may be confused). We take a 6 week break following our final round, where as the Europeans come straight from their last race without missing a beat. The tracks are all built to the MXGP standard, taking away the individuality in a sense of the hosting nations track in particular, like for example the start at Red Bud was moved, they added a long switchback right after it, and it appeared (through some of the highlights I watched) it had a very MXGP style of prep compared to what I've seen the last few years for the national. There are rumors about how American riders are told to NOT win races during the MXGP season by the man who runs their series ( I recall an article somewhere a year or so ago that it was stated that Sanayei and Covington were threatened to be dropped from their teams if they beat the Europeans) and I'm not saying they are told not to win for the nations, but it does present an obvious bias towards anyone thats not the Americans. I will say though, that I don't believe, even if the changes did not happen, that the US would still not have won outright. I believe France is an elite team of riders, and thats obvious when you win 5 in a row. However, until the system appears to become unbiased, and the date of the event is moved closer to the conclusion of the US national series, the United States will not win at the nations UNLESS the riders involved agree to not do monster cup or other October SX style races.
I dig the humor, this one was the funniest reply so far, but I do state that even if the track changes weren't present the US would have still been beaten by France. Not making excuses for our poor performance there buddy, we sucked
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
10/8/2018 11:48am
Wow you guys are bigger idiots than I thought. Once Vitards make up their minds, its over. No need trying to talk sense into idiotic fans.

The Shop

danman
10/8/2018 12:37pm
The Euro's know how to flow with the track, plain and simple. The US riders are point and shoot riders, due to supercross. They fly into the corner
On Saturday, Herlings was cornering so fast, it was unbelievable. I'm still not sure what I was seeing. The right handed corner prior to the tabletop before the Leap. Herlings was WIDE OPEN while entering the corner!!! He just leaned it over and kept the gas on. This was both the inside and the outside lines!
The US was straight up manhandled. They came out flat, stayed flat, finished flat. Tomac actually seemed to have a bit of drive the last moto, but Barcia had already checked out just riding around.
Very disappointing.
10/8/2018 12:47pm
danman wrote:
The Euro's know how to flow with the track, plain and simple. The US riders are point and shoot riders, due to supercross. They fly into...
The Euro's know how to flow with the track, plain and simple. The US riders are point and shoot riders, due to supercross. They fly into the corner
On Saturday, Herlings was cornering so fast, it was unbelievable. I'm still not sure what I was seeing. The right handed corner prior to the tabletop before the Leap. Herlings was WIDE OPEN while entering the corner!!! He just leaned it over and kept the gas on. This was both the inside and the outside lines!
The US was straight up manhandled. They came out flat, stayed flat, finished flat. Tomac actually seemed to have a bit of drive the last moto, but Barcia had already checked out just riding around.
Very disappointing.
it easy to confuse riders as looking 'flat' and 'uninterested' when being beaten by faster riders.
Claerhout
Fantasy
555th
10/8/2018 1:46pm Edited Date/Time 10/8/2018 1:47pm
This was our best possible team, at Red Bud. We got our asses handed to us. Straight up. No excuses. No B team talk, or track this track that. Cmon guys give it up to GP guys. We havent won in years and if we cant this year we are NOT the best, plain and simple.
Stoneface
10/8/2018 1:56pm Edited Date/Time 10/8/2018 1:57pm
Damn. There were some top GP guys missing too. Febvre, Gasjer, Jonas, Olsen, - who else?
Covington also of course.
10/8/2018 2:11pm
I'm Canadian and have no reason to defend American MX but the British people on this forum who constantly try to belittle American motocross are not only an embarrassment to this sport but also their own country. It's clear as day they are bitter about something, maybe it's the fact they haven't won the MXdN in 20+ years? Maybe I have no room to speak as my country will never win this event but it's just comedy to me the way some get all high and mighty after this event.
newmann
10/8/2018 4:34pm
Wow you guys are bigger idiots than I thought. Once Vitards make up their minds, its over. No need trying to talk sense into idiotic fans.
That's pretty funny, coming from you. Laughing
PabstBR11
10/8/2018 4:51pm
I'm Canadian and have no reason to defend American MX but the British people on this forum who constantly try to belittle American motocross are not...
I'm Canadian and have no reason to defend American MX but the British people on this forum who constantly try to belittle American motocross are not only an embarrassment to this sport but also their own country. It's clear as day they are bitter about something, maybe it's the fact they haven't won the MXdN in 20+ years? Maybe I have no room to speak as my country will never win this event but it's just comedy to me the way some get all high and mighty after this event.
I said the same in another thread. US got smashed and there is no doubt about it but to say US mx/sx is irrelevant is hilarious. Even if you make the argument that MXGP guys are now better that doesn’t make US scene nothing. If you are French, Dutch, Italian then thump away but all the others need to calm down.
10/9/2018 12:15am
RG1 wrote:
Laptimes are jack shit he got smoked all weekend in his own backyard. It didn't even need Herlings to beat him, take your pick of any...
Laptimes are jack shit he got smoked all weekend in his own backyard. It didn't even need Herlings to beat him, take your pick of any GP guy. It was embarrassing frankly, Plessinger sits in a press conference giving it the big one saying his only competition is Ferrandis, then he goes out and gets beat by Martin Barr overall in the 250 class. They had absolutely no idea what they were dealing with
Do you honestly think Martin Barr is better than Aaron Plessinger? I love how you guys throw all the facts out the window to pound your...
Do you honestly think Martin Barr is better than Aaron Plessinger? I love how you guys throw all the facts out the window to pound your chest. Plessinger had Ferrandis covered all year. Team USA had a horrible day. Bad starts on a deep, wet track. Congrats to all the GP guys on being so great, but get over yourselves MXGP chest thumpers.
I haven't finished reading through the whole thread, but being a euro and long long long time fan of the sport, i cant help but agree with your statement. There is a lot of reading too much into a single event going on. It's like a lot are forgetting just how variable motocross is. Yes the mxgp boys are better on rough horrible tracks, but i don't think desalle, coldenhof or searle could beat tomac at a national or lawrence beat plessinger. It's clear that Red Bud looked more like a gp track with the way they prepped it and the rain... im super pumped that the gp boys are finally getting the respect they deserve, but i don't think the Americans should panic.

To win the des nations however they are definitely going to need to change the way they prepare. Ide go as far as saying they should maybe do the last gp on the calendar if time and budget permits it.

How

Post a reply to: If you were there, you know.

The Latest