If you were there, you know.

Related:
Create New Tag

10/7/2018 2:48 PM

This wasn’t a ”one lined track“ or a “Just couldn’t get a start” situation. There wasn’t a section of this track where the top GP guys didn’t wax our top guys.

In retrospect, the Herlings v. Tomac threads are now laughable. Our guys looked like they were riding like crazy people while Herlings and Hoff looked like they were literally out for a Sunday cruise.

Congrats to the rest of the world. We need to play catch up now.

|

10/7/2018 2:52 PM

great event !

for NL to get a podium after losing a guy - WOW

France again : w00t buggers

Italy - so close, sooo close. unlucky

Searle is cursed @ MXDN i swear, my guys did great and if we hadn't lost an engine who knows, hey that's racing.

|

10/7/2018 2:55 PM

It was a blast. The Euros were just on it today.

Photo

|

10/7/2018 2:56 PM

Today was certainly a statement by the GP riders. Another statement that might happen this coming season is if Covington wins a championship here in the US.

Right now, if I were an up and coming rider, I'd be seriously considering trying to find a ride in the GPs. Not sure how the money works out, but if I were looking to get better I would go to the GPs.

|

10/7/2018 3:04 PM

Tbteam wrote:

This wasn’t a ”one lined track“ or a “Just couldn’t get a start” situation. There wasn’t a section of this track where the top GP guys didn’t wax our top guys.

In retrospect, the Herlings v. Tomac threads are now laughable. Our guys looked like they were riding like crazy people while Herlings and Hoff looked like they were literally out for a Sunday cruise.

As always...spot on.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

10/7/2018 3:12 PM

I was there and have to say I was blown away by how good the Euros were. I am very disappointed in team USA. To not even be top 5 on home soil is crazy. I am sure they tried their best however, and will just have to hope that we can do better next year.

Can we please have a SXoN so USA has a chance of winning???

|

2018 crf450r
2015 Ninja 1000

10/7/2018 3:13 PM

Lawrence and Covington just got a whole lot of additional confidence for next year. Even though Covington didn't race

|

10/7/2018 3:18 PM

crusty_xx wrote:

Lawrence and Covington just got a whole lot of additional confidence for next year. Even though Covington didn't race

bring on 2019!! sexton and Lawrence battles

|

10/7/2018 3:19 PM

We got smoked, plain and simple.

The Euros weren't "on it" today. They are simply faster. Discussion over, no excuses

|

10/7/2018 3:23 PM

Those who argued that Tomac was the FMOTP, well...... he wasn't even the fastest in the state of Michigan today.

|

10/7/2018 3:28 PM

nascarnate326 wrote:

It was a blast. The Euros were just on it today.

Photo

That would happen every day of the week. Better riders.

|

10/7/2018 3:30 PM

That was absolutely embarrassing!! Euros were just toying with our asses in qualifying yesterday....they just cruise and then lay it down on race day.

|

10/7/2018 3:35 PM

Welcome back to the 60's and 70's of moto. Young Lackey went to Europe to get faster. Another page from back then.....Tomac can go home proud knowing he is "first American" today.

|

10/7/2018 3:37 PM

billyp330 wrote:

I was there and have to say I was blown away by how good the Euros were. I am very disappointed in team USA. To not even be top 5 on home soil is crazy. I am sure they tried their best however, and will just have to hope that we can do better next year.

Do better next year? i believe its assen a full blown sand track. Shit doubt team USA even shows up.

|

10/7/2018 3:49 PM

Tbteam wrote:

Please explain how Tomac had a faster lap time than every GP rider except Herlings and Coldenhoff.

Since you were there and you "know."

|

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

10/7/2018 3:50 PM

The GP riders were awesome and I was expecting that. Track turned out pretty good all considering. I think the results would have been identical even with a dry track.

Great event, loved the vibe and the hardcore fans from all the countries. This wasn’t the normal party, get drunk and sun burned non moto regular 4th of July fans. Great costumes by many people.

|

10/7/2018 3:53 PM

Bramlett321 wrote:

That was absolutely embarrassing!! Euros were just toying with our asses in qualifying yesterday....they just cruise and then lay it down on race day.

So free practice times mean everything since the euros had good ones, qualifying mean nothing and they were just cruising, and then really only try on race day.

Ok, if you say so.

|

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

10/7/2018 4:00 PM

Tbteam wrote:

pilotdude wrote:

Please explain how Tomac had a faster lap time than every GP rider except Herlings and Coldenhoff.

You sound so bitter.

Explain to me how Tomac finished 40 and 1:12 behind in the two races?

MXGP's quality is higher and it's obvious.

|

10/7/2018 4:05 PM

Only good performance by an American at Red Bud was the girl who sang the national anthem.?? Perhaps Plessinger should have spent more time on his bike these past 6 weeks than he did at hair dressers and painting his cowboy boots!????
Great ride by Ben Watson, Team GB robbed by Tommy Searle bike blowing up after he was riding so well.

|

www.robkinsey.com
http://robkinseyart.wordpress.com
Accountant's only look at the bottom line, whereas an Artist see's it all!

10/7/2018 4:06 PM

pilotdude wrote:

I was there and it seems nobody on this site has a clue what they are talking about. Or maybe it’s just a bunch of chest pounding.

|

10/7/2018 4:12 PM

pilotdude wrote:

just one lap you mean ? how do you explain his laptimes with the gap to leader at finish ?? how does that work ?

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

10/7/2018 4:15 PM

17 Supercross races and 12 Nationals. Nothings going to change until that does, however it won't because SX apparently is where the money is.

|

10/7/2018 4:18 PM

How many mud races do we have in America each year, maybe three? Track was Euro style with the ruts and mud, a dry track would've been a different story. Kinda like when Musquin beat Tomac at High Point this summer. Euros thrive on this stuff.

|

10/7/2018 4:22 PM

robkinuk wrote:

Only good performance by an American at Red Bud was the girl who sang the national anthem.?? Perhaps Plessinger should have spent more time on his bike these past 6 weeks than he did at hair dressers and painting his cowboy boots!????
Great ride by Ben Watson, Team GB robbed by Tommy Searle bike blowing up after he was riding so well.

I disagree... KDub leading a lap in the B main was pretty cool. Ha ha.

Other than that it was a disaster for our guys in the US.

|

10/7/2018 4:35 PM

PVB wrote:

17 Supercross races and 12 Nationals. Nothings going to change until that does, however it won't because SX apparently is where the money is.

Exactly.
This leaves the US guys at a huge disadvantage racing against guys that train year round for motocross only.
Imagine if there were a supercross of nations. USA would dominate. Thats why comparing ama guys vs the mxgp guys is pointless. Apple and oranges.

|

I'll beat your ass nine times out of ten...Every time!

10/7/2018 4:37 PM

Does this make Covington a favorite in the 250’s? In retrospect he would have been a much better choice than Plessinger..

|

10/7/2018 4:41 PM

Scrubadub wrote:

Exactly.
This leaves the US guys at a huge disadvantage racing against guys that train year round for motocross only.
Imagine if there were a supercross of nations. USA would dominate. Thats why comparing ama guys vs the mxgp guys is pointless. Apple and oranges.

The whole point of the MXoN is that it’s an international event pitting nations against each other in an internationally recognised format. That being an outdoor race based on the World Series format. The key word there is ‘World’.

Why would you want to dominate an SXoN event? That’s like being the king of your own castle, I’m not really sure what it proves? You can’t set your own standards just to make sure you come out on top, that would be anti-competitive.

You guys are absolutely world-class at American Football too, by the way. It’s just nobody else in the whole world cares.

|

10/7/2018 4:41 PM

Fuck supercross

|

10/7/2018 4:47 PM

billyp330 wrote:

That’s the problem. If we didn’t focus nearly 100% of our efforts on the bullshit known as Supercross, and treat the outdoors like a necessary evil, we might still be in contention.

|

10/7/2018 4:48 PM

Tbteam wrote:

pilotdude wrote:

One or a couple of fast laps dont matter if the rest are slow. I can promise u that guys like paulin, tc etc are way faster than Hoff, he isnt even a top 5 dude in the gp's but he had the ride of his life today while paulin tried not to mess up and lupino and cairoli until they thought they had a chance as well. When tomac did 2.11s everyone in the top 5 did 2.06-2.07 for a while there and when ur that far off the phase one or a couple of fast laps dont matter.

|