If you were there, you know.

Tbteam
Edited Date/Time 10/9/2018 12:16am
This wasn’t a ”one lined track“ or a “Just couldn’t get a start” situation. There wasn’t a section of this track where the top GP guys didn’t wax our top guys.

In retrospect, the Herlings v. Tomac threads are now laughable. Our guys looked like they were riding like crazy people while Herlings and Hoff looked like they were literally out for a Sunday cruise.

Congrats to the rest of the world. We need to play catch up now.
|
10/7/2018 2:52pm
great event !

for NL to get a podium after losing a guy - WOW

France again : Woohoo buggers

Italy - so close, sooo close. unlucky

Searle is cursed @ MXDN i swear, my guys did great and if we hadn't lost an engine who knows, hey that's racing.

TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
10/7/2018 2:56pm
Today was certainly a statement by the GP riders. Another statement that might happen this coming season is if Covington wins a championship here in the US.

Right now, if I were an up and coming rider, I'd be seriously considering trying to find a ride in the GPs. Not sure how the money works out, but if I were looking to get better I would go to the GPs.
plowboy
10/7/2018 3:04pm
Tbteam wrote:
This wasn’t a ”one lined track“ or a “Just couldn’t get a start” situation. There wasn’t a section of this track where the top GP guys...
This wasn’t a ”one lined track“ or a “Just couldn’t get a start” situation. There wasn’t a section of this track where the top GP guys didn’t wax our top guys.

In retrospect, the Herlings v. Tomac threads are now laughable. Our guys looked like they were riding like crazy people while Herlings and Hoff looked like they were literally out for a Sunday cruise.

As always...spot on.

The Shop

billyp330
10/7/2018 3:12pm
I was there and have to say I was blown away by how good the Euros were. I am very disappointed in team USA. To not even be top 5 on home soil is crazy. I am sure they tried their best however, and will just have to hope that we can do better next year.

Can we please have a SXoN so USA has a chance of winning???
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
10/7/2018 3:13pm
Lawrence and Covington just got a whole lot of additional confidence for next year. Even though Covington didn't race
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2591st
10/7/2018 3:18pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Lawrence and Covington just got a whole lot of additional confidence for next year. Even though Covington didn't race
bring on 2019!! sexton and Lawrence battles
MotoX85
10/7/2018 3:19pm
We got smoked, plain and simple.

The Euros weren't "on it" today. They are simply faster. Discussion over, no excuses
TXDirt
10/7/2018 3:23pm
Those who argued that Tomac was the FMOTP, well...... he wasn't even the fastest in the state of Michigan today.
Bramlett321
10/7/2018 3:30pm
That was absolutely embarrassing!! Euros were just toying with our asses in qualifying yesterday....they just cruise and then lay it down on race day.
Bultaco
10/7/2018 3:35pm
Welcome back to the 60's and 70's of moto. Young Lackey went to Europe to get faster. Another page from back then.....Tomac can go home proud knowing he is "first American" today.
PastranaWho
10/7/2018 3:37pm
billyp330 wrote:
I was there and have to say I was blown away by how good the Euros were. I am very disappointed in team USA. To not...
I was there and have to say I was blown away by how good the Euros were. I am very disappointed in team USA. To not even be top 5 on home soil is crazy. I am sure they tried their best however, and will just have to hope that we can do better next year.

Do better next year? i believe its assen a full blown sand track. Shit doubt team USA even shows up.
pilotdude
10/7/2018 3:49pm
Tbteam wrote:
This wasn’t a ”one lined track“ or a “Just couldn’t get a start” situation. There wasn’t a section of this track where the top GP guys...

Please explain how Tomac had a faster lap time than every GP rider except Herlings and Coldenhoff.

Since you were there and you "know."
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
10/7/2018 3:50pm
The GP riders were awesome and I was expecting that. Track turned out pretty good all considering. I think the results would have been identical even with a dry track.

Great event, loved the vibe and the hardcore fans from all the countries. This wasn’t the normal party, get drunk and sun burned non moto regular 4th of July fans. Great costumes by many people.
pilotdude
10/7/2018 3:53pm
That was absolutely embarrassing!! Euros were just toying with our asses in qualifying yesterday....they just cruise and then lay it down on race day.
So free practice times mean everything since the euros had good ones, qualifying mean nothing and they were just cruising, and then really only try on race day.

Ok, if you say so.
10/7/2018 4:00pm
Tbteam wrote:

pilotdude wrote:
Please explain how Tomac had a faster lap time than every GP rider except Herlings and Coldenhoff.

You sound so bitter.

Explain to me how Tomac finished 40 and 1:12 behind in the two races?

MXGP's quality is higher and it's obvious.
robkinuk
10/7/2018 4:05pm
Only good performance by an American at Red Bud was the girl who sang the national anthem.?? Perhaps Plessinger should have spent more time on his bike these past 6 weeks than he did at hair dressers and painting his cowboy boots!????
Great ride by Ben Watson, Team GB robbed by Tommy Searle bike blowing up after he was riding so well.
10/7/2018 4:06pm
pilotdude wrote:

I was there and it seems nobody on this site has a clue what they are talking about. Or maybe it’s just a bunch of chest pounding.
10/7/2018 4:12pm
pilotdude wrote:

just one lap you mean ? how do you explain his laptimes with the gap to leader at finish ?? how does that work ?
PVB
10/7/2018 4:15pm
17 Supercross races and 12 Nationals. Nothings going to change until that does, however it won't because SX apparently is where the money is.

gnarwhip
10/7/2018 4:18pm
How many mud races do we have in America each year, maybe three? Track was Euro style with the ruts and mud, a dry track would've been a different story. Kinda like when Musquin beat Tomac at High Point this summer. Euros thrive on this stuff.
blackdiamond
10/7/2018 4:22pm
robkinuk wrote:
Only good performance by an American at Red Bud was the girl who sang the national anthem.?? Perhaps Plessinger should have spent more time on his...
Only good performance by an American at Red Bud was the girl who sang the national anthem.?? Perhaps Plessinger should have spent more time on his bike these past 6 weeks than he did at hair dressers and painting his cowboy boots!????
Great ride by Ben Watson, Team GB robbed by Tommy Searle bike blowing up after he was riding so well.
I disagree... KDub leading a lap in the B main was pretty cool. Ha ha.

Other than that it was a disaster for our guys in the US.
Scrubadub
10/7/2018 4:35pm
PVB wrote:
17 Supercross races and 12 Nationals. Nothings going to change until that does, however it won't because SX apparently is where the money is.

Exactly.
This leaves the US guys at a huge disadvantage racing against guys that train year round for motocross only.
Imagine if there were a supercross of nations. USA would dominate. Thats why comparing ama guys vs the mxgp guys is pointless. Apple and oranges.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
10/7/2018 4:37pm
Does this make Covington a favorite in the 250’s? In retrospect he would have been a much better choice than Plessinger..
10/7/2018 4:41pm
Scrubadub wrote:
Exactly. This leaves the US guys at a huge disadvantage racing against guys that train year round for motocross only. Imagine if there were a supercross...
Exactly.
This leaves the US guys at a huge disadvantage racing against guys that train year round for motocross only.
Imagine if there were a supercross of nations. USA would dominate. Thats why comparing ama guys vs the mxgp guys is pointless. Apple and oranges.
The whole point of the MXoN is that it’s an international event pitting nations against each other in an internationally recognised format. That being an outdoor race based on the World Series format. The key word there is ‘World’.

Why would you want to dominate an SXoN event? That’s like being the king of your own castle, I’m not really sure what it proves? You can’t set your own standards just to make sure you come out on top, that would be anti-competitive.

You guys are absolutely world-class at American Football too, by the way. It’s just nobody else in the whole world cares.
omalley
10/7/2018 4:47pm
billyp330 wrote:
I was there and have to say I was blown away by how good the Euros were. I am very disappointed in team USA. To not...

That’s the problem. If we didn’t focus nearly 100% of our efforts on the bullshit known as Supercross, and treat the outdoors like a necessary evil, we might still be in contention.
Rs444
10/7/2018 4:48pm
Tbteam wrote:

pilotdude wrote:

One or a couple of fast laps dont matter if the rest are slow. I can promise u that guys like paulin, tc etc are way faster than Hoff, he isnt even a top 5 dude in the gp's but he had the ride of his life today while paulin tried not to mess up and lupino and cairoli until they thought they had a chance as well. When tomac did 2.11s everyone in the top 5 did 2.06-2.07 for a while there and when ur that far off the phase one or a couple of fast laps dont matter.
10/7/2018 4:49pm
I'd rather not watch racing for the next 6 months then to watch our guys get beat like that again. Fuck supercross with a passion. I'll never drive 10 hour for a supercross. But an outdoor or MXDN, no problem. I'm just sad
Fonzarelli
10/7/2018 4:53pm
I knew there would be guys complaining about mud and supercross... lame excuses.

Most of the Euros never even saw this track prior to this weekend. Americans had all home field advantages and a huge crowd. We were just totally flat. Barcia and Tomac each put in a few hard laps but most of the time just seemed to be on cruise control. I think Plessinger must have gotten hurt in his crash yesterday, he showed no ambition at all to push his pace or to pass anyone today.

Bottom line is we got beat. We had all the advantages we are ever going to have and lost. I don't think it's indicitave of Euros being this much better than us. But today they were definitely hungrier.

Post a reply to: If you were there, you know.

The Latest