If you were Kenny....

2/10/2019 9:44am
As is Tomac, but we all know if both were at 100% coming into the season guys like Webb wouldn't be in the equation.
Beeby
2/10/2019 9:44am
Beeby wrote:
Yep. He is leading the championship and healthy. No one else can say that
Pirate421 wrote:
Technically 3 other riders could say that this season. Yes roczen has the points lead next round but up until now that plate has pretty much...
Technically 3 other riders could say that this season. Yes roczen has the points lead next round but up until now that plate has pretty much been passed around every round. I think I’d rather be in Webb’s spot. Currently having the points lead can and probably will change, those three wins are permanent. Days with red plate don’t count for much unless it’s the last day, 3 wins and $300k? in win bonuses Would do it for me. Still happy to see Kenny out there and being so competitive I’m a fan and the racing is better with him there, unfortunately like others, I feel he’s not yet the same as before the injuries.
Three other riders are leading the championship?
Pirate421
2/10/2019 9:57am
Beeby wrote:
Yep. He is leading the championship and healthy. No one else can say that
Pirate421 wrote:
Technically 3 other riders could say that this season. Yes roczen has the points lead next round but up until now that plate has pretty much...
Technically 3 other riders could say that this season. Yes roczen has the points lead next round but up until now that plate has pretty much been passed around every round. I think I’d rather be in Webb’s spot. Currently having the points lead can and probably will change, those three wins are permanent. Days with red plate don’t count for much unless it’s the last day, 3 wins and $300k? in win bonuses Would do it for me. Still happy to see Kenny out there and being so competitive I’m a fan and the racing is better with him there, unfortunately like others, I feel he’s not yet the same as before the injuries.
Beeby wrote:
No you said he’s leading the championship and healthy and no one else can say that. So far this season 4 people have led the championship and are all still healthy. I’d rather have 3 wins. That plate will most likely change bikes again pretty soon with the top 4 riders within a handful points of each other.
2/10/2019 10:00am
Of course Eli and Ken didn't. Eli hurt his back and didn't ride for a month before the season started, and Ken is coming off another arm injury and has had how many races in the last two years? So is it really a bs assumption?

The Shop

Beeby
2/10/2019 10:14am
Pirate421 wrote:
Beeby wrote:
Pirate421 wrote:
No you said he’s leading the championship and healthy and no one else can say that. So far this season 4 people have led the championship...
No you said he’s leading the championship and healthy and no one else can say that. So far this season 4 people have led the championship and are all still healthy. I’d rather have 3 wins. That plate will most likely change bikes again pretty soon with the top 4 riders within a handful points of each other.
I think you misunderstood my point. He is the only person that can say he is leading the championship. 21 other riders could have led it at some point but Kenny is the only one leading it. So I imagine all the rest would swap with him if they could
2/10/2019 10:15am
Well it seems like a pretty legitimate reason, or excuse, to me. Come to think of it Marvin was also injured, so let's see what happens when these guys get better as the season rolls on. I have a feeling the wheels might fall off the Webb wagon.
2/10/2019 10:22am
I like Webb actually so I have no dog in this fight, but it seems likely he will drop off the top just as quickly as he rose up.
bsharkey
2/10/2019 10:22am
Crush wrote:
Points wise he’s in a great spot compared to the past. But man I don’t know how he feels on the bike but he looks so...
Points wise he’s in a great spot compared to the past. But man I don’t know how he feels on the bike but he looks so stiff compared to how he has. Don’t know if this is new post-injury conservative Kenny or his bike or what but it’s not the same for sure.

Gotta make it to the end obviously but you watch Marv and Coop and they look so much free-er On the bike, speed to unload at all times. Maybe Kenny is just keeping it at 95%.
He still doesn't do a lot of things he used to do on the bike before his injury. his riding style has changed, he rides like Chad Reed now. When you consider the extent of his injury it's amazing he's come as far as he has
FlaNard
2/10/2019 10:28am
He's been the most solid starter out of the lead pack. Doing that basically means finishing on the box most of the time while others are a bit more up and down. As long as he keeps nailing those starts he's very much in this. Hard for me to see him not getting a win at some point as well.
FlaNard
2/10/2019 10:31am
I like Webb actually so I have no dog in this fight, but it seems likely he will drop off the top just as quickly as...
I like Webb actually so I have no dog in this fight, but it seems likely he will drop off the top just as quickly as he rose up.
He has three wins. Legit wins. Two out of three "main" wins at the triple crown as well. He's just getting used to the pace now. I see him getting better as the year goes on.
ATKpilot99
2/10/2019 10:34am
I like Webb actually so I have no dog in this fight, but it seems likely he will drop off the top just as quickly as...
Maybe . But he's definitely shown a lot of improvement. He wasn't close to the front before.
olds cool
2/10/2019 11:14am
Did you guys forget that the season doesn't actually start until Daytona? Tongue
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
2/10/2019 11:46am
Kenny is getting beat every weekend in the rythem sections. Everyone is more aggressive then him, obvisouly he nearly tore his arm off in a rythem section so I’m assuming it’s a mental block. Plus he hasn’t looked that comfatable on the Honda since 2017. All that said he is still leading the points after round 6.
2/10/2019 12:19pm
If Kenny is upset about having the red plate he’s a fucking idiot. Kenny is in a great spot, he has to be happy despite not having a win yet. He will get one.
mx691
Fantasy
1185th
2/10/2019 12:25pm
That Honda tough...
Looks sketchy all the time!

He would be so much better of even on a Suz!

Sometimes it just feels wrong, like Coop on the Yam.
Now on the KTM, nothing can stop him!
KHI Guy
2/10/2019 1:35pm
what if he wins that championship without a single win ??
Then Vital will explode, demanding that the point system be changed.
Jrewing
2/10/2019 1:40pm
Plenty of races left. Let’s make a judgement after the last round. I can’t see anyone getting a run this year as it’s so even. Can’t complain about that
wfo4ever
2/10/2019 2:19pm
I would be happy that I am not injured, close in points, and keep cashing in on bonus checks Still a long way to go in this series.
MPJC
Fantasy
704th
2/10/2019 2:27pm
For what he's been through, I'm very impressed. His arm was badly damaged and will never be the same, so you can't expect his riding to be the same. But he's adapted and is sitting in a great spot in the series.
mark_swart
2/10/2019 2:28pm
If I were Kenny I'd keep going exactly what I'm doing. He's not riding over the edge or forcing it, and that win will definitely come.

I love seeing Kenny, Eli and Marv finally playing the long game. They have all given up championship shots in the past two years due to early season disasters. There's no shame in taking a page from the Dungey playbook, because it sure as hell works. What I'm looking forward to is if these guys stay this tight into the second half of the season. We'll start seeing more aggression for sure. And now that Barcia and Baggett (and based on last night maybe even Savatgy) are out of the hunt, they become spoilers who can get in there and mess with that tight points battle. This is a good freaking season. I can't imagine the pressure of being in a four-rider battle for the championship, it's cool to watch and something we haven't seen for a long time.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
2/10/2019 2:49pm
Park Boys wrote:
Kenny is getting beat every weekend in the rythem sections. Everyone is more aggressive then him, obvisouly he nearly tore his arm off in a rythem...
Kenny is getting beat every weekend in the rythem sections. Everyone is more aggressive then him, obvisouly he nearly tore his arm off in a rythem section so I’m assuming it’s a mental block. Plus he hasn’t looked that comfatable on the Honda since 2017. All that said he is still leading the points after round 6.
I noticed that too. He's great in the turns and whoops though, and in the last few races also at the starts.

And he's a lot more hesitant when passing people. Last year he would have probably stuffed Savatgy after a couple of laps
kiwifan
2/10/2019 4:14pm
mx691 wrote:
That Honda tough... Looks sketchy all the time! He would be so much better of even on a Suz! Sometimes it just feels wrong, like Coop...
That Honda tough...

"Sketchy all the time"??? are you kidding me????
bsharkey
2/10/2019 4:19pm
MPJC wrote:
For what he's been through, I'm very impressed. His arm was badly damaged and will never be the same, so you can't expect his riding to...
For what he's been through, I'm very impressed. His arm was badly damaged and will never be the same, so you can't expect his riding to be the same. But he's adapted and is sitting in a great spot in the series.
Exactly. Many guys would have been done
Jrewing
2/10/2019 4:42pm
mx691 wrote:
That Honda tough... Looks sketchy all the time! He would be so much better of even on a Suz! Sometimes it just feels wrong, like Coop...
That Honda tough...

kiwifan wrote:
Yeah he looks measured and composed. Hopefully I didn’t just jinx him
Mit12
2/10/2019 4:43pm
If we were talking about this after 17 races and Ken had the won the championship by 1 point with no wins I would say points for sure. But at this point in the season I would bet that Ken would want the 3 wins and be behind by 1 point.
Crush
2/10/2019 5:06pm
mx691 wrote:
That Honda tough...

kiwifan wrote:
Jrewing wrote:
Yeah he looks measured and composed. Hopefully I didn’t just jinx him
I don't think it looks sketchy. I do think it doesn't look forgiving. All good when smooth and he's perfect. It seems to react badly though compared to some others when it's rough.

Like I said, could be him, could be arms, could be his head but he's not 2016 fluid I can do what I like Kenny, even without the speed.

Post a reply to: If you were Kenny....

The Latest