If you were Kenny....

Related:
Create New Tag

2/10/2019 6:38 AM

Would you trade 3 wins for the red plate up by just 1 ?

|

2019 KTM 350 XCF
Single Track Warrior

2/10/2019 6:42 AM

Yep. He is leading the championship and healthy. No one else can say that

|

2/10/2019 6:42 AM

If I were Kenny I wouldn’t have the mental strength to go through everything he has in the last couple years and hold the red plate going into round 7.

|

2/10/2019 6:44 AM

Once he gets a win and that bit of confidence back, he will go on a roll I’m thinking.

|

2/10/2019 6:46 AM

KR needs to just be in the thick of the hunt halfway through. I think getting through the 1st half of the series without injury or bad result will be the confidence builder he needs. Love his new patient approach. Being smart is better than being the fastest guy all the time.

|

2/10/2019 6:47 AM

He is right in the hunt for the win but just a tick off.

He's in a great points place but if Webb continues to rack up wins and Tomac catches fire he's going to need a few wins himself.

|

2/10/2019 6:51 AM

what if he wins that championship without a single win ??

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

2/10/2019 6:56 AM

After last year he looked almost afraid to run it in on Webb for the pass. I don't blame him either...

|

2/10/2019 6:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2019 6:58 AM

Points wise he’s in a great spot compared to the past. But man I don’t know how he feels on the bike but he looks so stiff compared to how he has. Don’t know if this is new post-injury conservative Kenny or his bike or what but it’s not the same for sure.

Gotta make it to the end obviously but you watch Marv and Coop and they look so much free-er On the bike, speed to unload at all times. Maybe Kenny is just keeping it at 95%.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/10/2019 6:57 AM

RichardLoots wrote:

Its happened before.

|

2/10/2019 6:59 AM

Afraid no,cautious yeas !!!

|

2/10/2019 7:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2019 7:08 AM

Crush wrote:

Points wise he’s in a great spot compared to the past. But man I don’t know how he feels on the bike but he looks so stiff compared to how he has. Don’t know if this is new post-injury conservative Kenny or his bike or what but it’s not the same for sure.

Gotta make it to the end obviously but you watch Marv and Coop and they look so much free-er On the bike, speed to unload at all times. Maybe Kenny is just keeping it at 95%.

I agree. And how many riders has he passed in the mains this season? Not many and that is not a good sign at all if his starts go away some point this season.

He is in a great situation but this conservative tactic wont work (titlewise) unless Eli, Marvin and Webb all crash out or have mechanicals. I just can't see this working out in a 17 race series.

I really hope we get to see a more "relaxed" Roczen in the latter part of the season!

Edit: I want to add that it's good to have him racing at all considering his arm issues, so it's maybe a bit unfair to be critical when he has the red plate after everything he has been through.

|

2/10/2019 7:10 AM

Idp57 wrote:

Afraid no,cautious yeas !!!

That's reasonable, bad choice of words on my part.

|

2/10/2019 7:10 AM

I thought last night that he would win. When he was coming out of the sweeper and up the straight he was riding more aggressive than I've seen him ride in a while. Cooper just got away from him while he was messing with the 17.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

2/10/2019 7:31 AM

I believe Ken must first finish an SX season healthy before expecting him to win several mains and the championship. I want him to starr the outdoors injury free and see how he does, aftee that I would have a better picture to determine whether KR94 is back on form or never will be the same

|

2/10/2019 7:40 AM

observeroffacts wrote:

If I were Kenny I wouldn’t have the mental strength to go through everything he has in the last couple years and hold the red plate going into round 7.

⬆️⬆️ THIS! ?

|

"I'm just Realville here, don't give me the bullshit."-Bob "hurricane" Hannah

2/10/2019 7:45 AM

He still seems a little off of his pre Arm injury intensity and speed imo, maybe that will never be the same but He is so talented that he can get podiums with being the best version of himself.

|

2/10/2019 7:48 AM

How much would all of his win bonuses total? Can't really answer the question without that information.

|

2/10/2019 8:29 AM

You know he wants to win. But he is leading the Championship without one. Cooper has 3 wins and is behind because of two so so finishes. So how does it play out from here? It’s gonna be fun to watch for real.

|

2/10/2019 8:35 AM

I'm just glad he is out there. There is no rush.

|

2/10/2019 8:46 AM

Right now, Kenny is our new Dungey... He's holding it all together and riding consistent without making the big mistake. I think he'll break out and get that win soon enough.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

2/10/2019 8:55 AM

RichardLoots wrote:

stremme12 wrote:

Its happened before.

It's never happened in 250/450 class. Only in 125/250 class once in 1997 with Tim ferry which was only a 7 race series with a young Carmichael that won every other weekend and had a wreck on the other weekends.

|

2/10/2019 8:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2019 8:58 AM

Beeby wrote:

Technically 3 other riders could say that this season. Yes roczen has the points lead next round but up until now that plate has pretty much been passed around every round. I think I’d rather be in Webb’s spot. Currently having the points lead can and probably will change, those three wins are permanent. Days with red plate don’t count for much unless it’s the last day, 3 wins and $300k? in win bonuses Would do it for me. Still happy to see Kenny out there and being so competitive I’m a fan and the racing is better with him there, unfortunately like others, I feel he’s not yet the same as before the injuries.

|

2/10/2019 9:04 AM

Beeby wrote:

Pirate421 wrote:

Technically 3 other riders could say that this season. Yes roczen has the points lead next round but up until now that plate has pretty much been passed around every round. I think I’d rather be in Webb’s spot. Currently having the points lead can and probably will change, those three wins are permanent. Days with red plate don’t count for much unless it’s the last day, 3 wins and $300k? in win bonuses Would do it for me. Still happy to see Kenny out there and being so competitive I’m a fan and the racing is better with him there, unfortunately like others, I feel he’s not yet the same as before the injuries.

Yes but what's better you got a two badly injured arms and when you retire you can say you got back and won mains or won a championship what was the goal all along...
It was a great ride by Ken so easy to get frustrated he was in a tough spot couldn't make a mistake because Bagget was behind him and sometimes got held up but there was no room to pass

|

2/10/2019 9:06 AM

wlauderdale219 wrote:

It's never happened in 250/450 class. Only in 125/250 class once in 1997 with Tim ferry which was only a 7 race series with a young Carmichael that won every other weekend and had a wreck on the other weekends.

Dowd getting hurt was the single biggest factor for Ferry winning the title.

|

2/10/2019 9:12 AM

Takes 4 months to win the title but you can piss it away in a milli second pretty sure KRoc is well aware of this.

|

2/10/2019 9:19 AM

Didn’t dungey win his 2015 title without a win until round 5 or 6? I think he even had the red plate before his first win of the year also..

|

2/10/2019 9:25 AM

You're all forgetting he couldn't sit, ride or play with his willy last week. He's got the red plate and that's the goal. He'll be fine

|

2/10/2019 9:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2019 9:31 AM

I'd say there are 4 guys who are sitting exactly where they want to be. Yes some may wish individual races went differently but big picture they are all fine.

|

2018 CRF250R

2/10/2019 9:39 AM

Crush wrote:

Of course he's stiffer, he doesn't have full ROM in his wrist and elbow so he's almost locked in place.

|