If you thought Ferrandis move was bad... Check this out

2/2/2020 3:39am Edited Date/Time 2/4/2020 12:17pm
From the British AX series (no YT video to embed sorry!)

https://www.facebook.com/788841662/posts/10158074549936663/
|
2/2/2020 4:11am
Greedy always does that kinda shit. He's a fuckin loser. And the bad thing is the promotors don't even do something about it.
Motofinne
2/2/2020 4:22am
Greedy always does that kinda shit. He's a fuckin loser. And the bad thing is the promotors don't even do something about it.
The promoters want that, it's sad.

The Shop

Creiz
2/2/2020 4:25am
If he wasn´t disqualified for that, then this AX series is worse than backyard redneck mower racing. What a joke...
Crush
2/2/2020 4:47am
I keep getting brexit videos and then some titties. What am I missing?
Zacka 161
Fantasy
1856th
2/2/2020 5:22am
It kinda looked like he jump to the inside not realising that the line would have ended up there. He grabs a handful of front trying to stop before they connected
Motofinne
2/2/2020 5:37am
Zacka 161 wrote:
It kinda looked like he jump to the inside not realising that the line would have ended up there. He grabs a handful of front trying...
It kinda looked like he jump to the inside not realising that the line would have ended up there. He grabs a handful of front trying to stop before they connected
I doubt that. Search Ashley Greedy on Youtube.
2/2/2020 5:38am
Greedy... Shocking... You can probably find 30 videos of this guy pulling shit like this.
omalley
2/2/2020 7:09am
Link didn’t work...it DID take me to a post from the “How to BBQ Right” page, with a delicious looking beef sandwich...so not a total fail, lol
philG
2/2/2020 7:48am
This was payback for Friday when Featherstone pulled across Greedy into turn 1 and put him the wrong side of the tuff blocks. Welcome to UK AX.
2/2/2020 7:54am
Arenacross is when you go to a fight and a race breaks out. Why do people act like this is some gentleman’s sport? It’s accepted and encouraged by promoters. I’ve been in a couple tosses in AX and it’s not a big deal.
Crossup
2/2/2020 9:47am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2020 9:48am
The guy is a pretty crappy racer and spends more time looking over shoulder than Mike Alessi. That guy could use a little Bowers or Evans to straighten him out.

Ray_MXS
2/2/2020 10:17am
I wish that would've been Weston Peick he did that to. The idiot would have ended up with a well deserved broken nose.
Lloydcarter
2/2/2020 10:32am
I would have ripped his electric start off his handlebar
Cortami79
2/2/2020 10:35am
If you think that that kind of racing is okay/cool, you don't deserve to be a mx fan. His riding has nothing to do with racing and he should be banned from the series. The promotors seem to love it, but eventually it will give a bad name to the sport. Giving a block pass is one thing, but ramming into riders multiple times is just silly. I've seen some comments from 'fans' that call him a legend and so on, f*cking pathetic. Eventually it will hurt the promotors in the long run.
Motofinne
2/2/2020 10:48am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2020 11:23am
I've had two glasses of wine watching my Spurs beat Manchester City miraculously so i'll drop something regarding Greedy.

The team i ride with hosted him for the 2019 Tampere SX in November. The racing is two days, friday and saturday. He didn't race the head 2 head on friday because of the risk that he would mess up the bike in a situation like that. On saturday he raced it and got eliminated by ARay in the first round, no drama involved though. But that says a lot about him as a rider.

He seemed like a good lad in the pits and otherwise. Didn't he actually win Weston Beach race which is huge? But that kind of "riding" is just so freaking unnecessary and it could very well result in bad injuries.

"We" don't need it in our sport. You can do head 2 head races that are entertaining without risking both of the riders health. And to be fair, i might be a bit conspirational but it would not surprise me if the promoters of these smaller event wants him to ride like that to create "excitement". Like i said, he seemed like a good lad off the bike.
GD2
Fantasy
854th
2/2/2020 11:11am
Greedy has been suspended from UK Arenacross for 18 months.

View this post on Instagram

MCF & Arenacross Impose Immediate Suspension Following a number of on and off-track incidents involving riders Ashley Greedy and Gradie Featherstone at the Birmingham rounds of the 2020 Arenacross Tour on January 31st and February 1st, the series governing body, the MCF together with the series promoters, Arena Sports Live have imposed an immediate competitive ban on both riders taking any further part in MCF sanctioned events and Arenacross. Statement from the MCF; As of immediate effect (1300hrs 2nd February 2020) Ashley Greedy (33) will receive an eighteen-month full MCF competition ban whilst Gradie Featherstone (3) will receive a twelve-month full MCF competition ban as in line within the 2020 MCF rules, regulations and sporting codes of conduct. Both named riders have been informed of the sanctions imposed. MCF General Manager, Gareth Chamberlain stated that the MCF must stand strong in decisions connected to dangerous riding, intimidating and violent conduct. “The MCF has today (2nd February 2020) taken the opportunity to make a stand against unacceptable on and off-track conduct. As an organisation we make great efforts to interact and introduce new people into motorsport whilst also ensuring current events throughout the UK that are staged under our licensing body are safe, secure and staged in a consistent manner. The type of behaviour seen this weekend in Birmingham both on and off the track will not develop the culture or environment that we continue to work towards.” Series Promoter Matt Bates stated that time is called on this type of behaviour: “Arenacross prides itself on being a professionally organised event that attracts more people to off road motorcycle sport than any other race series in the UK, furthermore we attract thousands of young families with youngsters that may one day be tempted to compete in Motocross. For that reason and many more, we will not accept blatantly dangerous riding or violent conduct in the manner we were subjected to in the latest events staged at Birmingham’s Resorts World Arena” explained series promoter Matt Bates. To see the full statement head to our Facebook.

A post shared by ArenacrossUK (@arenacrossuk) on Feb 2, 2020 at 10:39am PST

KDXGarage
2/2/2020 11:47am
Crush wrote:
I'm going to have to say that you are missing nothing. In the sense of, you have got all you need.
2/2/2020 12:15pm
GD2 wrote:

MCF & Arenacross Impose Immediate Suspension Following a number of on and off-track incidents involving riders Ashley Greedy and Gradie Featherstone at the Birmingham rounds of the 2020 Arenacross Tour on January 31st and February 1st, the series governing body, the MCF together with the series promoters, Arena Sports Live have imposed an immediate competitive ban on both riders taking any further part in MCF sanctioned events and Arenacross. Statement from the MCF; As of immediate effect (1300hrs 2nd February 2020) Ashley Greedy (33) will receive an eighteen-month full MCF competition ban whilst Gradie Featherstone (3) will receive a twelve-month full MCF competition ban as in line within the 2020 MCF rules, regulations and sporting codes of conduct. Both named riders have been informed of the sanctions imposed. MCF General Manager, Gareth Chamberlain stated that the MCF must stand strong in decisions connected to dangerous riding, intimidating and violent conduct. “The MCF has today (2nd February 2020) taken the opportunity to make a stand against unacceptable on and off-track conduct. As an organisation we make great efforts to interact and introduce new people into motorsport whilst also ensuring current events throughout the UK that are staged under our licensing body are safe, secure and staged in a consistent manner. The type of behaviour seen this weekend in Birmingham both on and off the track will not develop the culture or environment that we continue to work towards.” Series Promoter Matt Bates stated that time is called on this type of behaviour: “Arenacross prides itself on being a professionally organised event that attracts more people to off road motorcycle sport than any other race series in the UK, furthermore we attract thousands of young families with youngsters that may one day be tempted to compete in Motocross. For that reason and many more, we will not accept blatantly dangerous riding or violent conduct in the manner we were subjected to in the latest events staged at Birmingham’s Resorts World Arena” explained series promoter Matt Bates. To see the full statement head to our Facebook.

About time Smile
jk367
2/2/2020 12:20pm
Wonder why the other dude got a twelve month ban? I mean he was holding his bike but I would’ve been pissed after that stupid move as well
tek14
2/2/2020 12:54pm
GD2 wrote:

Sport is better without guys like Greedy.
Crush
2/2/2020 10:53pm
Wow, just saw this now.

What a douche. And why the fuck did the other guy get a ban? Decision maker is retarded as the the Greedy guy apparently.
fullfloater
Fantasy
14th
2/2/2020 11:04pm
jk367 wrote:
Wonder why the other dude got a twelve month ban? I mean he was holding his bike but I would’ve been pissed after that stupid move...
Wonder why the other dude got a twelve month ban? I mean he was holding his bike but I would’ve been pissed after that stupid move as well
Yeah, the other guy got clocked in the head and gets 12 months? I think he deserves the win. Maybe there was other stuff at other times but he didn't do anything dirty in that vid.
SX-Andy
2/2/2020 11:48pm
Seen him pull a few of these stupid moves, the promoters usually encourages it so can’t entirely blame him.
That move alone deserved a ban, could have easily made a mess of featherstones leg
kevin204
Fantasy
3416th
2/3/2020 1:58am
I know there were some guys in Australia that weren't/aren't too stoked on Featherstone, but based on that clip, he did nothing wrong. Perhaps there's more to it.

That move by Greedy was brutal, though. Well-deserved suspension.
rangot
2/3/2020 2:28am
Seems like Greedy and Featherstone had multiple runs-in on and off the track the day before, this clip is just the end of the situation. But i agree, Greedy is pulling those moves for years, he's bad to the sport.
chuckdavies
2/3/2020 2:51am
philG wrote:
This was payback for Friday when Featherstone pulled across Greedy into turn 1 and put him the wrong side of the tuff blocks. Welcome to UK...
This was payback for Friday when Featherstone pulled across Greedy into turn 1 and put him the wrong side of the tuff blocks. Welcome to UK AX.
I know you were there too Phil but I was sat on the first corner where it happened. Gradie had a better start - yes he came across but he certainly wouldn't have put Greedy the other side of the tuff blocks if he'd backed off like any normal rider would've done. Greedy held it pinned into a gap that didn't exist and it didn't pay off.

Glad to see the ban on Greedy but Featherstone didn't deserve the 12 months IMO.
Mucktub
2/3/2020 4:36am
Featherstone looked like a promising prospect a few years ago, was doing the one of the AMA 250 SX championships for a few years I think. Don't know where he appeared from.

Post a reply to: If you thought Ferrandis move was bad... Check this out

The Latest