If you thought Ferrandis move was bad... Check this out

Jimfunn
2/3/2020 5:26am
Ray_MXS wrote:
I wish that would've been Weston Peick he did that to. The idiot would have ended up with a well deserved broken nose.
i think Greedy could handle him to be honest
Jimfunn
2/3/2020 5:34am
Motofinne wrote:
I've had two glasses of wine watching my Spurs beat Manchester City miraculously so i'll drop something regarding Greedy. The team i ride with hosted him...
I've had two glasses of wine watching my Spurs beat Manchester City miraculously so i'll drop something regarding Greedy.

The team i ride with hosted him for the 2019 Tampere SX in November. The racing is two days, friday and saturday. He didn't race the head 2 head on friday because of the risk that he would mess up the bike in a situation like that. On saturday he raced it and got eliminated by ARay in the first round, no drama involved though. But that says a lot about him as a rider.

He seemed like a good lad in the pits and otherwise. Didn't he actually win Weston Beach race which is huge? But that kind of "riding" is just so freaking unnecessary and it could very well result in bad injuries.

"We" don't need it in our sport. You can do head 2 head races that are entertaining without risking both of the riders health. And to be fair, i might be a bit conspirational but it would not surprise me if the promoters of these smaller event wants him to ride like that to create "excitement". Like i said, he seemed like a good lad off the bike.

I'm not a fan of all this - way too WWE for my liking & the promoters "sell" it. to then clobber him with a ban is out of order unless he's already been warned & told to stop?

Yeh, he won Weston & also finished top 10 at Valleys Extreme enduro a few weeks ago against some legit full time extreme enduro riders. Bit of an all-rounder & think someone said he still works full time as a truck driver (could be wrong?!)
Ray_MXS
2/3/2020 5:35am
Ray_MXS wrote:
I wish that would've been Weston Peick he did that to. The idiot would have ended up with a well deserved broken nose.
Jimfunn wrote:
Not in a million years.
2/3/2020 5:48am
I'm guessing that a lot more happened behind than what was shown in that one FB video for the other guy to get 12 months.

The Shop

Motofinne
2/3/2020 5:50am
Motofinne wrote:
I've had two glasses of wine watching my Spurs beat Manchester City miraculously so i'll drop something regarding Greedy. The team i ride with hosted him...
I've had two glasses of wine watching my Spurs beat Manchester City miraculously so i'll drop something regarding Greedy.

The team i ride with hosted him for the 2019 Tampere SX in November. The racing is two days, friday and saturday. He didn't race the head 2 head on friday because of the risk that he would mess up the bike in a situation like that. On saturday he raced it and got eliminated by ARay in the first round, no drama involved though. But that says a lot about him as a rider.

He seemed like a good lad in the pits and otherwise. Didn't he actually win Weston Beach race which is huge? But that kind of "riding" is just so freaking unnecessary and it could very well result in bad injuries.

"We" don't need it in our sport. You can do head 2 head races that are entertaining without risking both of the riders health. And to be fair, i might be a bit conspirational but it would not surprise me if the promoters of these smaller event wants him to ride like that to create "excitement". Like i said, he seemed like a good lad off the bike.
Jimfunn wrote:
I'm not a fan of all this - way too WWE for my liking & the promoters "sell" it. to then clobber him with a ban...

I'm not a fan of all this - way too WWE for my liking & the promoters "sell" it. to then clobber him with a ban is out of order unless he's already been warned & told to stop?

Yeh, he won Weston & also finished top 10 at Valleys Extreme enduro a few weeks ago against some legit full time extreme enduro riders. Bit of an all-rounder & think someone said he still works full time as a truck driver (could be wrong?!)
I was just about to say that. What a bunch of hypocrites! Say what you want about Greedy but these promoters use his "riding" as a pull factor in getting people in the stands.
Creiz
2/3/2020 7:07am
Wow, such happy news! This is about time, and probably even years too late for this guy.

Hope he doesn´t get a ride again, and slowly fades away from the sport, never to be seen again. What a disgrace, Greedy is. Fitting name I guess
Jimfunn
2/3/2020 7:38am
Ray_MXS wrote:
Jimfunn wrote:
Ray_MXS wrote:
Not in a million years.
Get yourself down Cardiff on a Friday night to see some valleys lads scrapping. Think you'd change your tune Laughing
Turre
2/3/2020 7:43am Edited Date/Time 2/3/2020 7:44am
The ban is good news. I was at the Tampere SX a few years back where Greedy was racing. He pulled a couple similar moves, bumped a guy off track at one point too. I remember thinking how friggin dumb it is to do stuff like that. Not only risking your equipment, ride and health but the other rider's too. And he usually ate dirt himself too in those, doesn't make any sense! And the announcer kept hyping. So dumb.

I don't understand the ban for the other guy thou. Must be something that we don't see in the video, otherwise it is just ridiculous.
SX-Andy
2/3/2020 8:17am
Jimfunn wrote:
Get yourself down Cardiff on a Friday night to see some valleys lads scrapping. Think you'd change your tune Laughing

mx691
Fantasy
1185th
2/3/2020 8:44am
Crossup wrote:
The guy is a pretty crappy racer and spends more time looking over shoulder than Mike Alessi. That guy could use a little Bowers or Evans...
The guy is a pretty crappy racer and spends more time looking over shoulder than Mike Alessi. That guy could use a little Bowers or Evans to straighten him out.

A bit to ”Mad Max” to me, whats next, spike clubs?
2/3/2020 10:47am
Jimfunn wrote:
Ray_MXS wrote:
Not in a million years.
Jimfunn wrote:
Been there, load of lads in fake tan and trousers that don't fit them properly
2/3/2020 11:46am
Jimfunn wrote:
Ray_MXS wrote:
Not in a million years.
Jimfunn wrote:
They say Australia got the dregs sent there centuries ago, buy what I see often is that they sent the good ones and left the dregs behind..
shuggs
2/3/2020 1:04pm
Pity as I remember when he was on 65/ 85’s there was him Alan Keet/ Tommy Fenwick who were looking like the next big things
CalRMX
2/3/2020 1:41pm
Ray_MXS wrote:
Jimfunn wrote:
And I bet he could take out Rex Staten and Tyler Bowers at the same time with one hand behind his back.

Weston Pieck isn't as large as he used to be, but in his prime was very formideable.
Barrett57
2/3/2020 1:46pm
They say Australia got the dregs sent there centuries ago, buy what I see often is that they sent the good ones and left the dregs...
They say Australia got the dregs sent there centuries ago, buy what I see often is that they sent the good ones and left the dregs behind..
Yeah, there's no drunken brawling in Australia.
a22
2/3/2020 2:57pm
Mucktub wrote:
Featherstone looked like a promising prospect a few years ago, was doing the one of the AMA 250 SX championships for a few years I think...
Featherstone looked like a promising prospect a few years ago, was doing the one of the AMA 250 SX championships for a few years I think. Don't know where he appeared from.
Yea when he did AMA SX rounds he even made a few finals, he looked quite good really albeit abit out of control at times (not dirty riding, just riding on the edge). He was entertaining when he did AMA SX and was rooting for him back then.
Is a shame when things go bad like this.
philG
2/3/2020 4:01pm Edited Date/Time 2/3/2020 4:06pm
I know you were there too Phil but I was sat on the first corner where it happened. Gradie had a better start - yes he...
I know you were there too Phil but I was sat on the first corner where it happened. Gradie had a better start - yes he came across but he certainly wouldn't have put Greedy the other side of the tuff blocks if he'd backed off like any normal rider would've done. Greedy held it pinned into a gap that didn't exist and it didn't pay off.

Glad to see the ban on Greedy but Featherstone didn't deserve the 12 months IMO.
I was looking side on , but with that jump halfway down , you cant pull across , land and get on the brakes in the other blokes space... you cant back up when you are already into the guy , and you know as well as I do , if there had been any room he would have pushed in . Greedy isn't any normal rider , so you don't invite the contact, which Gradie did by going wide and giving him the shot on Saturday.
Would love to see it from front on , but reality is the only 2 guys that really know , are those two ,I thought he shut him down early and braked early too, which is why it went pear shaped that early but I haven't seen it again .

Either way , Ash Greedy has made a career out of being a pantomime baddie at AX, and whether you agree or disagree,it was a long time coming.

As for Gradie, a ban from the MCF isn't going affect him in the slightest .

On a side note, Matt Bates did a podcast with Jeff Perrett , I wont say moaning , but lets say he was airing his frustrations at the lack of top british talent in AX here in the UK, and I would say that the biggest reason they stay away , is shit like this. EBB got his leg broken, numerous other guys have ended up on the floor 'because AX' . I don't blame them for skipping it, there is nothing to be gained from ending up in row Z in front of one man and his kid ( no dogs allowed in )

That said, Friday was a great show, MC might have been good but you cant hear fuck all over the music, and while him and Jeff can rattle back and forward on earpieces, the rest of us have to guess the gist .. I don't expect to hear what they are saying while the race is on, but between races, hearing more than the odd word was a challenge.

I think having the head to head stuff as a show ( as in the past) rather than for a place in the main , meant this was always going to happen.

Hawkstone this week , so we can get to see some top lads on a proper old school track.

Should be good
Bearuno
2/4/2020 5:09am Edited Date/Time 2/4/2020 5:10am
I saw that Perrett / Bates interview today.

Al through it I was thinking, well, Matt, you want the Main Brit / GP riders there, You, Matt, pay them decent Start Money, and make damned sure they aren't exposed to f**wits like Greedy . They are contracted to other things (that allow them to "sit at home on their couches"), that are far more important to Them (and, their sponsors / teams), than Matt's series. As philG wrote, EBB got badly hurt doing it, and it really disrupted his racing.

Yes, them being at Matt's races may get more people at the Brit Outdoors ( they have 2 main Outdoor series - it always confuses me) , but, until he, Matt, makes it very much worth their while to do AX, they aren't going to risk themselves.

I read also, about this double banning, that the contretemps extended into friends (and girl friends) , family and others, well past the 2 riders. And, that the other fellow was g'd up by other competitors to 'have at' Greedy. All very foolish, and, unfortunate.

PS: Phil - any streams for Hawkstone?
imoto34
Fantasy
3151st
2/4/2020 5:47am
Seen legs broken with less contact then that. Ax can be great racing, but that was a shit show.
philG
2/4/2020 12:05pm
Bearuno wrote:
I saw that Perrett / Bates interview today. Al through it I was thinking, well, Matt, you want the Main Brit / GP riders there, [u]...
I saw that Perrett / Bates interview today.

Al through it I was thinking, well, Matt, you want the Main Brit / GP riders there, You, Matt, pay them decent Start Money, and make damned sure they aren't exposed to f**wits like Greedy . They are contracted to other things (that allow them to "sit at home on their couches"), that are far more important to Them (and, their sponsors / teams), than Matt's series. As philG wrote, EBB got badly hurt doing it, and it really disrupted his racing.

Yes, them being at Matt's races may get more people at the Brit Outdoors ( they have 2 main Outdoor series - it always confuses me) , but, until he, Matt, makes it very much worth their while to do AX, they aren't going to risk themselves.

I read also, about this double banning, that the contretemps extended into friends (and girl friends) , family and others, well past the 2 riders. And, that the other fellow was g'd up by other competitors to 'have at' Greedy. All very foolish, and, unfortunate.

PS: Phil - any streams for Hawkstone?
No streams for Hawkstone, if you want to see it you have to go lol.
The_Major
2/4/2020 12:17pm
Motofinne wrote:

Another Yid fan! Whoop whoop! That Bergwin goal was class!

Post a reply to: If you thought Ferrandis move was bad... Check this out

The Latest