If you know you didn't bring it....

JoJmoto
Edited Date/Time 9/18/2013 5:21am
You shouldn't F'ing take it....

This guy stole my broom I took to the starting gate to clean the concrete starting pad. It was a broken broom, the pole broke from it and I used it as a whisk broom. After cleaning the pad, I placed the broom next to the dog box while I watched my son race only to later find my broom gone. His son raced our class. I wondered where it went until we lined up next to him in our last moto and saw this guy using our broom... A Loretta's kid. His dad had headphones on and a backpack (Where he placed MY broom after cleaning the pad for his son). Nice new bike and new gear, but he had to take someone else's broom?

|
JeepnMike
9/16/2013 9:05pm
I am betting this guy had something to do with the 22 table cloth too.
JoJmoto
9/16/2013 9:19pm
JeepnMike wrote:
I am betting this guy had something to do with the 22 table cloth too.
Maybe MX should implement the clear bags at MX races....
rohleder644
9/16/2013 9:33pm
So did you say anything to the guy? Or did calling him out on the internet seem like the best way to resolve this?
JoJmoto
9/16/2013 9:42pm
Oh trust me, I went to say something but my son did not want me to embarrass him over "A stupid broom" which I agree, is pretty stupid get into an altercation over... however... if you look at the point of the matter, I could argue the morals.

So yeah.. to answer your question... I waited to call him out on here where my son never comes.

The Shop

MtnBoy
9/16/2013 9:52pm
Headset at an amateur race...really?

Who could he possibly be talking to and what about?
skid mark
9/16/2013 9:58pm
sounds like you need to put your stuff away and not leave it sitting around.
PJ205
9/16/2013 10:09pm
Yeah man, listen to the guy above! Its totally your fault that you got stuff stolen from you and youre the bad guy. Next time you should lock your stuff up and be more responsible when it comes to broken brooms.

Seriously though, WHAT AN IDIOT! I don't care how small or insignificant the item is... I get pissed when my stuff disappears. Its a respect thing...
BAMX
9/16/2013 10:11pm
MtnBoy wrote:
Headset at an amateur race...really?

Who could he possibly be talking to and what about?
On one side you have Jerry Robbins. On the other side you have headset guy. It could be worse, he could be suing the track over noise.
mynewcr250
9/16/2013 10:12pm
JoJmoto wrote:
Oh trust me, I went to say something but my son did not want me to embarrass him over "A stupid broom" which I agree, is...
Oh trust me, I went to say something but my son did not want me to embarrass him over "A stupid broom" which I agree, is pretty stupid get into an altercation over... however... if you look at the point of the matter, I could argue the morals.

So yeah.. to answer your question... I waited to call him out on here where my son never comes.
man id love to see my pops get into it with another guy on the starting gate over a stupid broom. id be embarrassed for the other guy getting caught with the broom.

can you clarify what a "dog box" is? was the broom just laying about looking like it was free for the taking?

id almost bet that if you would of called him out right there he would of said "my fault, it looked like it was going to be thrown out, here you go. sorry about that"
LoudLove
9/16/2013 10:36pm
Think there's a chance he thought someone had discarded a "broken" broom? By your own admission it sounded none too broom-worthy. A guy with headphones and new gear wouldn't...wait a minute. You got me, hook, line, and sinker! No one would create a post to vent about a broken broom thief, would they?
Skerby
9/16/2013 10:37pm
This is why I quit racing at tracks with concrete starts. It breaks my heart to see young brooms hanging around the start gate, practically throwing themselves at moto-dads, most of whom likely have a broom of their own. These are brooms with loose morale values, they sweep compulsively and without joy. It makes me wonder where they will end up in a few years, the lucky ones might find god and hope to eke out an existence sweeping up a gymnasium or some sort of driveway; but what about the other, less fortunate, brooms? Is it so hard to imagine them wandering some municipal landfill seeking, a little wistfully, for the dramatic turbulence of some irrecoverable motocross race? Sadly, the latter is the case for most moto-brooms; and, unless something is done in the near future, we could face a tomorrow where the biggest gripe of the average vitard is not the price of a new motorcycle, not the use of lasers on starting gates, not even the wild longing to see more two strokes at races. No, the sad fact of the matter is we may wake up to a world in which the biggest cost of racing is finding a good broom.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
9/16/2013 10:44pm
Why would your son be embarrassed if you asked for your broom back? Maybe you made an ass of yourself in front of your son over a broken broom because you didn't have the balls to ask the guy. I am sure you embarrass your son on a regular basis.
mynewcr250
9/16/2013 10:56pm Edited Date/Time 9/16/2013 10:56pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Why would your son be embarrassed if you asked for your broom back? Maybe you made an ass of yourself in front of your son over...
Why would your son be embarrassed if you asked for your broom back? Maybe you made an ass of yourself in front of your son over a broken broom because you didn't have the balls to ask the guy. I am sure you embarrass your son on a regular basis.
youve never seen a kid tell their parents that?

what happens when this guy gets into a fight with the guy in the photo on the starting line and the kids get booted from the race? is that a better example for these 2 kids?
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
9/16/2013 11:22pm Edited Date/Time 9/16/2013 11:24pm
Why would there be a fight ? just say "Hey man that is my broom could I have it back, I just sat it down so I could watch the race" I bet the guy would have apologized and handed it back probably thought it was garbage as JoJo says it was broken. Can't understand what is wrong with men anymore.
rohleder644
9/16/2013 11:25pm Edited Date/Time 9/16/2013 11:31pm
Skerby wrote:
This is why I quit racing at tracks with concrete starts. It breaks my heart to see young brooms hanging around the start gate, practically throwing...
This is why I quit racing at tracks with concrete starts. It breaks my heart to see young brooms hanging around the start gate, practically throwing themselves at moto-dads, most of whom likely have a broom of their own. These are brooms with loose morale values, they sweep compulsively and without joy. It makes me wonder where they will end up in a few years, the lucky ones might find god and hope to eke out an existence sweeping up a gymnasium or some sort of driveway; but what about the other, less fortunate, brooms? Is it so hard to imagine them wandering some municipal landfill seeking, a little wistfully, for the dramatic turbulence of some irrecoverable motocross race? Sadly, the latter is the case for most moto-brooms; and, unless something is done in the near future, we could face a tomorrow where the biggest gripe of the average vitard is not the price of a new motorcycle, not the use of lasers on starting gates, not even the wild longing to see more two strokes at races. No, the sad fact of the matter is we may wake up to a world in which the biggest cost of racing is finding a good broom.
Boy, that escalated quickly......I certainly wasn't trying to call you out as an embarrassment to your son. I just think a simple "hey, broseph goebbels, I think you have my broom" would have cleared this all up. No need to run home and plaster this dudes picture on the net.
I do share your original sentiment. If it ain't yours, hands off.

I didn't mean to quote sir skerbs clever and quite amusing post. Funny as hell though
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4002nd
9/16/2013 11:38pm
With all do respect, I think he'd be more embarrassed of his dad coming on Vital, posting a pic and ranting about someone else's dad being a broken broom theif as appossed to just asking the guy after the races like an adult. I personally would've manned up & asked. "Hey bud, that's my broken broom that forgot to grab, mind if I get that back"? The more adult thing to do, IMHO, would've been to ask 1st, instead of branding him a theif on Vital for the MX community to see. He could've easily thought it was trash that was left for the next guy to use. This could just a big misunderstanding. Maybe he will come on here once someone that knows him sees this and lets him know hes been publicly put on blast over the broken broom he found. Maybe he was cleaning up trash someone else left at the gate. Don't get me wrong, no one likes a theif, but a broken broom left laying around? What happened to innocent til proven guilty?

If anybody knows this guy, let him know wed like to hear his side of the story. He's either a petty theif or it's a big misunderstanding...
slipdog
9/17/2013 2:22am
Ohhh, the Internet...

I wouldn't have taken a broom that was left at the line, but I wouldn't have left my broom at the line either. I definitely wouldn't have posted the guys picture on the Internet.
JustMX
9/17/2013 2:48am
Never mind the broom.

Any guy that wears a muffed out nascar style headset at a race that doesn't allow two way communication with a rider and bothers to put a credential lanyard on to display stuff that most likely has absolutely nothing to do with the event that he is at should have their photo posted for amusement purposes.

What the hell is in the backpack?

An emergency.shelter in case there is a lengthy delay in the staging area?

Could it simply be a classic case of takingmototooseriousitis?
Jakes Dad
9/17/2013 4:11am
So you come on here accusing a guy for taking a "broken broom" left at the gate. You never asked the guy if you could get your broom back. Me I might have taken a broken broom thinking someone didn't want to bring it back to their trailer.

I know this guy and him and his wife are 2 of the nicest people in the pits around here. And remember a little story about the Lucas Oil display bike getting stolen at a race this summer. Well guess who chased down the tow truck driver to get the bike back to the track? YEAH THIS GUY!!

Why didn't you ask him if you could get your broom back?
mynewcr250
9/17/2013 4:20am Edited Date/Time 9/17/2013 4:22am
Jakes Dad wrote:
So you come on here accusing a guy for taking a "broken broom" left at the gate. You never asked the guy if you could get...
So you come on here accusing a guy for taking a "broken broom" left at the gate. You never asked the guy if you could get your broom back. Me I might have taken a broken broom thinking someone didn't want to bring it back to their trailer.

I know this guy and him and his wife are 2 of the nicest people in the pits around here. And remember a little story about the Lucas Oil display bike getting stolen at a race this summer. Well guess who chased down the tow truck driver to get the bike back to the track? YEAH THIS GUY!!

LOFUCKINGL

this should get good. its 4:21AM and i have nothing better to do then watch this unfold slowly

i think we'd still like to know about the headset though
JoJmoto
9/17/2013 4:28am
PJ205 wrote:
Yeah man, listen to the guy above! Its totally your fault that you got stuff stolen from you and youre the bad guy. Next time you...
Yeah man, listen to the guy above! Its totally your fault that you got stuff stolen from you and youre the bad guy. Next time you should lock your stuff up and be more responsible when it comes to broken brooms.

Seriously though, WHAT AN IDIOT! I don't care how small or insignificant the item is... I get pissed when my stuff disappears. Its a respect thing...
100% agreed.... that was the point of this thread..

No matter how small the item, the cost or whose it is, if its not yours don't f'ing take it!

Just because you think someone left it behind or lost it, if you did not bring it, it ain't yours.

There were other broken brooms laying there for community use however, the had half a stick. I assume he did not want them because the could not fit into his backpack.. Mine was perfect for him!

And yeah, not sure who he could have been taking to... it was the C class.
JoJmoto
9/17/2013 4:36am
As for where the broom was, the "Dog box" , "Dog house" whatever you want to call it, is the box where the guy stands that drops the gate. This one had a plywood wall behind it where ppl placed things, to include brooms for community use. I knew when I placed it there someone may use it, I had no problem with that but I full expected they would put it back when done. Just like I had to do after mine was stolen.

I shoot photos at the races so when the gate drops, I cannot pick up everything and carry it around the track while I am shooting. That is why I left it and came back for it between motos.
edgo897
9/17/2013 4:59am
There is a time and a place for a sucker punch.
IWreckALot
9/17/2013 5:01am
I feel like I need to apologize to all the guys tear offs I've picked up to use on the track. I thought they were trash but I found them quite useful.
JoJmoto
9/17/2013 5:04am
At first when we saw him using the broom, I thought maybe someone else used it and left it somewhere other then where I placed it and he maybe picked it up from another location. Like I said, there were other broken brooms laying around the gate area. But it wasn't until we watched him place it into his backpack that we knew, even if he did find it someplace other then where I left it, he now was keeping it for himself.

He is welcome to come on here and talk about finding it just randomly laying out in the open near the starting gates and felt someone threw it away, as I am sure that was his reason for taking it. I assume he did not want the other three or four brooms left at the starting gate because they had half a handle and did not fit into his bag.

I know I have went to the gate more then once without a broom, found one, used it, then put it back where I found it.

Nice guy or not, it wasn't his to take.

At least I did not identify him or his kid by name, this is to stupid of a thread for me to do that to him... His friends can let him know it did not go un-noticed.. I actually find it funny that someone would take a broom, just as others may find it funny for someone to take a photo of the guy and start a thread about it, sorry.
CamP
9/17/2013 5:42am
I've used "community brooms" left at the starting gate, but I've never considered taking them home with me. This fella might be a "nice guy", but he has a character flaw.
Trav138
9/17/2013 5:43am
So you make a big stink about him grabbing your broken broom that you left at the gate. Are you that big of a puss not to ask for it back? Hey what ever makes you feel better man. Wow
Jakes Dad
9/17/2013 5:56am
Jakes Dad wrote:
So you come on here accusing a guy for taking a "broken broom" left at the gate. You never asked the guy if you could get...

mynewcr250 wrote:
LOFUCKINGL this should get good. its 4:21AM and i have nothing better to do then watch this unfold slowly i think we'd still like to know...
LOFUCKINGL

this should get good. its 4:21AM and i have nothing better to do then watch this unfold slowly

i think we'd still like to know about the headset though
Headset is for him and the oldest brother who can't or isn't likely he'll ride anymore (concussions). So it is a little incentive to keep the older brother involved with their racing. They are very concerned with safety and when they split up it's to be able to oversee the entire track. And let each other know if he's went down or any other issues.

So maybe some of the jackass opinions have changed I hope.
Racer92
9/17/2013 6:00am Edited Date/Time 9/17/2013 6:11am
Trav138 wrote:
So you make a big stink about him grabbing your broken broom that you left at the gate. Are you that big of a puss not...
So you make a big stink about him grabbing your broken broom that you left at the gate. Are you that big of a puss not to ask for it back? Hey what ever makes you feel better man. Wow
Big puss for trying to keep his son in mind while at the track? The other dude is the one who walked off with something that didnt belong to him. One person did the right thing here, one didnt, its not that complicated .

CamP is right, lots of folks share a community broom at the gate, but you dont haul off with it like a petty thief.

Post a reply to: If you know you didn't bring it....

The Latest