If you had....

MaicoJC1
...the money and the equal skillset to race professional mx/offroad or rally car racing -- which one would you choose? I love them both. First time I saw a Renault rally car in person, and my best friend's Dad's Porsche 1957 356 B Porsche in 1977, I was hooked -- just as much as I was with riding my first Maico in that same year.

These rally car racers, especially the now defunct Group B class, had balls like I've never seen in any other motorsport. Oh yeah, and let's not forget the incredible cars. The power, the sound...insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu4gF7u8opk
|
MaicoJC1
7/1/2017 8:12pm
Of course, I meant no disrespect to the Isle of Man TT racers...
westeast
Fantasy
5th
7/1/2017 10:02pm
Thanks for posting the cool rally car videos. I especially enjoyed the first one. Haven't really watched the old ones like that and I knew nothing of "Group B". However, I'd still give the Big Balls trophy to the TT riders.
MaicoJC1
7/2/2017 7:43am Edited Date/Time 7/2/2017 7:53am
westeast wrote:
Thanks for posting the cool rally car videos. I especially enjoyed the first one. Haven't really watched the old ones like that and I knew nothing...
Thanks for posting the cool rally car videos. I especially enjoyed the first one. Haven't really watched the old ones like that and I knew nothing of "Group B". However, I'd still give the Big Balls trophy to the TT riders.
I'd give these RC guys, a close second though...

Those Audi Quattros from the 80's (700+ hp) and the sounds of the turbos...pffffttt, I mean damn. Like one dude said, I'm sure there hasn't been a little animal crossing those roads since 1982. Today's WRC cars don't make that kind of power anymore. Still love it, but the 80's, B class Rally cars and drivers were incredible.

As much as I dig old things, I will never deny that technology is a good thing. Regardless of the era, this is good stuff.

THEN:

NOW:
BMSOBx2
7/2/2017 9:07am
MaicoJC1 wrote:
Of course, I meant no disrespect to the Isle of Man TT racers...
IOM boys definitely get my big balls vote.

Post a reply to: If you had....

The Latest