If you don't think announcers can make or break

kkawboy14
9/12/2017 9:01am
stremme12 wrote:
It's sad how many people are jumping on this hate wagon. He did a sideline report in his non native language. Kudos to him and fulfilling...
It's sad how many people are jumping on this hate wagon. He did a sideline report in his non native language. Kudos to him and fulfilling a dream I'm sure on MNF. It was a little awkward sure but the backlash he is getting isn't necessary. So many people are treating this wrong.
TXDirt wrote:
Most of the hate is being directed at ESPN and rightfully so. I don't turn on my TV and try and dedicate a few hours to...
Most of the hate is being directed at ESPN and rightfully so. I don't turn on my TV and try and dedicate a few hours to a football game just so I can listen to a reporter fulfill his dream.

And the female commentator was awful. Not because she was female but because she was awful. Her voice was difficult to hear. She does not have a good sounding voice either. So those things really detracted from the game. And then you paired her with Rex Ryan who was also terrible.

So yes, the backlash is justly deserved because that entire crew was terrible together.

So we got a sideline reporter fulfilling his dream to a pretty bad job.
Female commentator was terrible.
Rex Ryan was terrible.

I'm sure these are nice and great people but that was very painful to have to sit through for an entire game. That's why I didn't. Turned it off at half time.
stremme12 wrote:
I was referring to the racial comments made about that sideline reporter. As I said it was awkward and hard to watch but the backlash that...
I was referring to the racial comments made about that sideline reporter. As I said it was awkward and hard to watch but the backlash that just he got was sad. After all this country was built on immigrants.
ALL country's were built on immigrants and slaves!

Didn't matter if that guy was white black or green.....that was terrible!
racer495a
9/12/2017 9:21am
It was awful, hard to hear clearly and slow responses to plays.
stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
9/12/2017 10:51am
TXDirt wrote:
Most of the hate is being directed at ESPN and rightfully so. I don't turn on my TV and try and dedicate a few hours to...
Most of the hate is being directed at ESPN and rightfully so. I don't turn on my TV and try and dedicate a few hours to a football game just so I can listen to a reporter fulfill his dream.

And the female commentator was awful. Not because she was female but because she was awful. Her voice was difficult to hear. She does not have a good sounding voice either. So those things really detracted from the game. And then you paired her with Rex Ryan who was also terrible.

So yes, the backlash is justly deserved because that entire crew was terrible together.

So we got a sideline reporter fulfilling his dream to a pretty bad job.
Female commentator was terrible.
Rex Ryan was terrible.

I'm sure these are nice and great people but that was very painful to have to sit through for an entire game. That's why I didn't. Turned it off at half time.
stremme12 wrote:
I was referring to the racial comments made about that sideline reporter. As I said it was awkward and hard to watch but the backlash that...
I was referring to the racial comments made about that sideline reporter. As I said it was awkward and hard to watch but the backlash that just he got was sad. After all this country was built on immigrants.
kkawboy14 wrote:

Never said it wasn't terrible. I made that clear in the first 2 posts so I'm not sure what you're arguing there.

The Shop

kkawboy14
9/12/2017 10:54am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2017 11:07am
stremme12 wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:

stremme12 wrote:
Never said it wasn't terrible. I made that clear in the first 2 posts so I'm not sure what you're arguing there.
I'm not arguing I was just pointing out that all country's were built on immigrants and slaves. It's weird to me that people say "this country was built On immigrants", when all country's were.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
9/12/2017 10:57am
Trevor Shhimien and the Broncoshh with shhecond down on the shhixty shhix yard line...

9/12/2017 11:05am
Having Romo in for Simms made the CBS football broadcast actually watchable for the first time in a long time... so yes broadcasters can absolutely make or break.

jmx411
9/12/2017 11:07am
The announcing team for the second game on Monday Night Football was about as bad as I have ever seen. I knew the budget cuts would play a role in this, but I never knew that ESPN could go this low.
stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
9/12/2017 11:23am
kkawboy14 wrote:

stremme12 wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
I'm not arguing I was just pointing out that all country's were built on immigrants and slaves. It's weird to me that people say "this country...
I'm not arguing I was just pointing out that all country's were built on immigrants and slaves. It's weird to me that people say "this country was built On immigrants", when all country's were.
The hot topic to me was the racial backlash he was getting. It was unnecessary.
kkawboy14
9/12/2017 11:48am
stremme12 wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
I'm not arguing I was just pointing out that all country's were built on immigrants and slaves. It's weird to me that people say "this country...
stremme12 wrote:
The hot topic to me was the racial backlash he was getting. It was unnecessary.
Agreed
Old-Man
9/12/2017 12:17pm Edited Date/Time 9/12/2017 12:19pm
Beth Mowins was trying like hell to carry Rex but that fool needs to be filling water bottles.
Color commentating can't be that hard, Shit Randy Moss figured it out.

Agree on the sideline dude, when I heard that I was trying to drag words out of his face.

Anyone catch the Darlington race where the old announcer said "The Mexican just crashed"?
aeffertz
9/12/2017 12:37pm
dsmith wrote:
no someone mentioned....... Eckman/Bailey ....so its moto-related
The topic is about Monday night football. I agree, non moto.
IceMan446
9/12/2017 12:41pm Edited Date/Time 9/12/2017 1:04pm
I've always enjoyed Gruden with whoever they put with him, but Rex and this broad are cringeworthy....but still not as annoying as Chris "in my day"...
I've always enjoyed Gruden with whoever they put with him, but Rex and this broad are cringeworthy....but still not as annoying as Chris "in my day" Collinsworth, he has one of the most punchable face's ever. Go Steelers!!!
Joe Buck and Aikman calling a 49er game is the absolutely horrid.

They hate the 49ers with a passion.

I like Gruden but Rex and the chick were cringeworthy at best.
9/12/2017 1:00pm
College football fans have known Beth Mowins for years, unfortunately. Every time I see my team with an early game I pray that she's not on the broadcast. She is absolutely terrible.
NorCal 50+
9/12/2017 2:25pm Edited Date/Time 9/12/2017 2:32pm
I am a big Emig fan, but if you are a professional announcer, don't use grammar that would make an 8th grader cringe.

"He has came here today and demonstrated by he's a champion bla bla bla." He does this shit about five times a minute.
kkawboy14
9/12/2017 2:32pm Edited Date/Time 9/12/2017 2:55pm
dsmith wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
The topic is about announcers ruining a sport.....Monday night football was given as an example!

There are usually a number of threads about how good or bad the announcers are in moto so I figured I would give a real example of what bad is!
500guy
9/12/2017 2:53pm
dsmith wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
The topic is about announcers ruining a sport.....Monday night football was given as an example! There are usually a number of threads about how good or...
The topic is about announcers ruining a sport.....Monday night football was given as an example!

There are usually a number of threads about how good or bad the announcers are in moto so I figured I would give a real example of what bad is!
Bunch of wannabe Moderators lol

it's not like anything more important is being talked about. unless you count torque on sprocket bolts I guess.
500guy
9/12/2017 2:57pm
Also I thought the sound quality was so bad it sounded like they were broadcasting from inside a 55 gallon drum with a motorcycle running.

There now it's moto
kkawboy14
9/12/2017 2:59pm
500guy wrote:
Also I thought the sound quality was so bad it sounded like they were broadcasting from inside a 55 gallon drum with a motorcycle running. There...
Also I thought the sound quality was so bad it sounded like they were broadcasting from inside a 55 gallon drum with a motorcycle running.

There now it's moto
Ha.... nice save man I was about to get clicked outa here!
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
9/12/2017 4:17pm
I listen to reds games just to hear marty b and the cowboy, jeff Brantley.. they are awesome. the guy on ncaa basketball is a great one too. he always says" a little kiss off the glass". classic.
espn has lost its way. weege and gl should do indoors and out!

Post a reply to: If you don't think announcers can make or break

The Latest