If you don't think announcers can make or break

kkawboy14
Edited Date/Time 9/12/2017 2:55pm
A sport. You aren't watching Monday night football right now. Wow this team is gonna ruin Monday night football.

I would take Malin in the booth by himself over these fools!
|
9/11/2017 8:13pm
I've always enjoyed Gruden with whoever they put with him, but Rex and this broad are cringeworthy....but still not as annoying as Chris "in my day" Collinsworth, he has one of the most punchable face's ever. Go Steelers!!!
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
9/11/2017 8:27pm
I'm going to flip over to the Spanish broadcast.
rhargrave431
9/11/2017 8:36pm
I've always enjoyed Gruden with whoever they put with him, but Rex and this broad are cringeworthy....but still not as annoying as Chris "in my day"...
I've always enjoyed Gruden with whoever they put with him, but Rex and this broad are cringeworthy....but still not as annoying as Chris "in my day" Collinsworth, he has one of the most punchable face's ever. Go Steelers!!!
Colinsworth was such a Steeler hater that it was painful! I always enjoyed John Madden, around halftime when he was a few cocktails in...

The Shop

Xeno
9/11/2017 8:36pm
I watch a lot of the Michaels/Collingswoth games- they are the Eckman/Bailey of football.
Yeah, this MNF team is not so good.
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
9/11/2017 8:39pm
howard Cosell and don Meredith

and maybe dennis miller

YZ324
9/11/2017 8:40pm
Yea when it came on I was like.....

WHO THA WHAT THA FUCK??!!
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
9/11/2017 8:44pm
Xeno wrote:
I watch a lot of the Michaels/Collingswoth games- they are the Eckman/Bailey of football.
Yeah, this MNF team is not so good.
Agree with both of these comments.

If it wasn't my Bronco's playing tonight, I would have turned this broadcast off already.
9/11/2017 8:45pm
Colinsworth was such a Steeler hater that it was painful! I always enjoyed John Madden, around halftime when he was a few cocktails in...
Madden was the GOAT on my opinion, and yes he got even better after a few stiff ones! I actually grew up 2 towns away from him and have met him on quite few times and was always the coolest guy ever. A couple of my friends who played football for Foothill High even had his son as an assistant coach, John would even it make to alot of the games and practices. On a side note he had on the sickest houses I've ever seen.Woohoo
willie838
9/11/2017 10:42pm
i have a hard time listening to collinsworth wax poetic about the "in my day" stuff and be overly ticky tacky and protective or wrs....sounds like someone had his block knocked off coming across the middle a few times.

---

worse than that is rodney harrison with audio nyquil dungey at the half.

harrison was one of the premier cheap shot artists in his day- so when he goes after dbs and lbs for doing their job and it being a rules violation?? shit, someone roll this clowns highlight reel.
APLMAN99
9/11/2017 10:49pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
A sport. You aren't watching Monday night football right now. Wow this team is gonna ruin Monday night football. I would take Malin in the booth...
A sport. You aren't watching Monday night football right now. Wow this team is gonna ruin Monday night football.

I would take Malin in the booth by himself over these fools!
I'd take anyone over the team of Joe Buck and Troy Aikman.......
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
9/11/2017 11:05pm Edited Date/Time 9/12/2017 2:27pm
Dennis Miller

Having said that, sure, Monday night football has had some doozies. But, Monday night football stopped being relevant a long time ago related to so many other variables. Like Sunday night football, Thursday night football, Saturday football, Sunday football, etc. Too many choices, on more work friendly days. It was ESPN cannabilism.

Reallly bad announcing can really affect a sport, but other than really bad, I dont think it has a whole lot of influence. Shaheen and Emig aren't really bad.
cbuehler767
9/12/2017 6:03am
willie838 wrote:
i have a hard time listening to collinsworth wax poetic about the "in my day" stuff and be overly ticky tacky and protective or wrs....sounds like...
i have a hard time listening to collinsworth wax poetic about the "in my day" stuff and be overly ticky tacky and protective or wrs....sounds like someone had his block knocked off coming across the middle a few times.

---

worse than that is rodney harrison with audio nyquil dungey at the half.

harrison was one of the premier cheap shot artists in his day- so when he goes after dbs and lbs for doing their job and it being a rules violation?? shit, someone roll this clowns highlight reel.
You can kiss that clowns SuperBowl rings
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
9/12/2017 6:20am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2017 6:20am
Non moto
no someone mentioned....... Eckman/Bailey ....so its moto-related
flatout111
9/12/2017 6:43am
One of the reasons I am a LA Kings fan was because of the great Bob Miller. He just retired after over 40 years with the team. He IS the Kings.

MX and SX was never better than with Art Eckman and David Bailey. They were the best ever, by far, to me. I love Weege and GL and also enjoy Ralph and Fro. Actually, Todd Harris was great as well back in 2003. Didn't care for Robbie Floyd, though.

But yes, announcers can make or break a broadcast and how much you enjoy it or the whole sport.
stremme12
Fantasy
3700th
9/12/2017 6:49am
Ryan598 wrote:
Anyone catch the short clip with the sideline reporter? He probably got fired immediately after this lol http://dailysnark.com/espn-just-aired-cringeworthy-sideline-reporter-history-mnf-video/
Anyone catch the short clip with the sideline reporter? He probably got fired immediately after this lol

http://dailysnark.com/espn-just-aired-cringeworthy-sideline-reporter-hi…
It's sad how many people are jumping on this hate wagon. He did a sideline report in his non native language. Kudos to him and fulfilling a dream I'm sure on MNF. It was a little awkward sure but the backlash he is getting isn't necessary. So many people are treating this wrong.
jnickell
Fantasy
1836th
9/12/2017 7:06am
Back in Collinsworth's day, the faces of the triples were way more peaked out. Oh, and don't get him started on the team transporters, he'll go on forever. Sorry, just had to inject some moto into this entertaining post. Hey NorCal, glad to see you're still running the photo I took of you at Clubmoto.
MX Culture
9/12/2017 7:09am
I turned off the game halfway through the first quarter.
they were terrible
APLMAN99
9/12/2017 7:12am
flatout111 wrote:
One of the reasons I am a LA Kings fan was because of the great Bob Miller. He just retired after over 40 years with the...
One of the reasons I am a LA Kings fan was because of the great Bob Miller. He just retired after over 40 years with the team. He IS the Kings.

MX and SX was never better than with Art Eckman and David Bailey. They were the best ever, by far, to me. I love Weege and GL and also enjoy Ralph and Fro. Actually, Todd Harris was great as well back in 2003. Didn't care for Robbie Floyd, though.

But yes, announcers can make or break a broadcast and how much you enjoy it or the whole sport.
Yep, some announcers become iconic and are almost as much of a draw as the race/game/match itself.

One of the worst parts about losing the Sonics up here was that we no longer got to flip on the radio on the way home from town and listen to Kevin Calabro. He's definitely one of those announcers that you would turn down the TV volume and listen to his radio announcing while watching the video on the set.

https://youtu.be/l11p5-VXv0k
jonjon714
9/12/2017 7:30am
Think of the money ESPN is saving..fired how many people a few months ago?

I was going to go online and tune in to Denver's A.M. radio coverage and do a simulcast dealio. But was so pissed off at the way Saints played said F' it and went to bed.
RbR
9/12/2017 7:59am
Undoubtedly the worst broadcast commentary and sideline team I have every seen at an NFL game.
Hallzilla
9/12/2017 8:00am
You could compare it to the tools that come on here and spew. Sound familiar Kkaw ?
kkawboy14
9/12/2017 8:25am
Hallzilla wrote:
You could compare it to the tools that come on here and spew. Sound familiar Kkaw ?
Most definitely, but I'm learning to be ok with you!
kkawboy14
9/12/2017 8:27am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2017 8:32am
Not sure what they were thinking but having a girl trying to sound like a street cred guy and a guy trying to sound like a girl was dumb.

I actually like most all the combinations Moto has thrown out there!
TXDirt
9/12/2017 8:30am
Ryan598 wrote:
Anyone catch the short clip with the sideline reporter? He probably got fired immediately after this lol http://dailysnark.com/espn-just-aired-cringeworthy-sideline-reporter-history-mnf-video/
Anyone catch the short clip with the sideline reporter? He probably got fired immediately after this lol

stremme12 wrote:
It's sad how many people are jumping on this hate wagon. He did a sideline report in his non native language. Kudos to him and fulfilling...
It's sad how many people are jumping on this hate wagon. He did a sideline report in his non native language. Kudos to him and fulfilling a dream I'm sure on MNF. It was a little awkward sure but the backlash he is getting isn't necessary. So many people are treating this wrong.
Most of the hate is being directed at ESPN and rightfully so. I don't turn on my TV and try and dedicate a few hours to a football game just so I can listen to a reporter fulfill his dream.

And the female commentator was awful. Not because she was female but because she was awful. Her voice was difficult to hear. She does not have a good sounding voice either. So those things really detracted from the game. And then you paired her with Rex Ryan who was also terrible.

So yes, the backlash is justly deserved because that entire crew was terrible together.

So we got a sideline reporter fulfilling his dream to a pretty bad job.
Female commentator was terrible.
Rex Ryan was terrible.

I'm sure these are nice and great people but that was very painful to have to sit through for an entire game. That's why I didn't. Turned it off at half time.
stremme12
Fantasy
3700th
9/12/2017 8:58am
Ryan598 wrote:

stremme12 wrote:
It's sad how many people are jumping on this hate wagon. He did a sideline report in his non native language. Kudos to him and fulfilling...
TXDirt wrote:
Most of the hate is being directed at ESPN and rightfully so. I don't turn on my TV and try and dedicate a few hours to...
Most of the hate is being directed at ESPN and rightfully so. I don't turn on my TV and try and dedicate a few hours to a football game just so I can listen to a reporter fulfill his dream.

And the female commentator was awful. Not because she was female but because she was awful. Her voice was difficult to hear. She does not have a good sounding voice either. So those things really detracted from the game. And then you paired her with Rex Ryan who was also terrible.

So yes, the backlash is justly deserved because that entire crew was terrible together.

So we got a sideline reporter fulfilling his dream to a pretty bad job.
Female commentator was terrible.
Rex Ryan was terrible.

I'm sure these are nice and great people but that was very painful to have to sit through for an entire game. That's why I didn't. Turned it off at half time.
I was referring to the racial comments made about that sideline reporter. As I said it was awkward and hard to watch but the backlash that just he got was sad. After all this country was built on immigrants.

Post a reply to: If you don't think announcers can make or break

The Latest