If you could pick the MXDN team again....

TXDirt
Would you still pick the same three riders or would you make a change?

I am not sure why Barcia was not picked. He really poured it on towards the end of the year and he had a pretty good MXDN race last year. I think he would have been a better pick over Anderson.

What about Martin? Would you stick with him or would you consider putting Forkner in? Forkner came on pretty strong towards the end of the year and he is usually a pretty consistent starter. That's more of a toss up for me. Either would be a solid choice.

I think this could have been a good team as well.

Barcia
Anderson
Webb

or

Barcia
Webb
Forkner

or

Barcia
Webb
Martin

For some reason I feel like we could have had a stronger team based on the results the last few weeks. Anderson looked okay this past weekend but no where near the pace. Seems like a real surprise pick considering he hasn't raced in a awhile.
|
agn5009
8/29/2016 7:40am
It's unclear whether Barcia didn't want to do it or if the team didn't want to send him. Either way, he wasn't available. So the team we have is the best we could send other than Martin. I didn't like that pick from the beginning. I would have rather seen Forkner go for sure. But, Forkner was kind of hit or miss before Unadilla so it wasn't all that surprising he wasn't selected.

The Anderson pick can be justified. Mainly because he's better than everyone else (USA) other than Tomac, Dungey, Baggett and Barcia. Obviously none of them were available.
Steely Dan
8/29/2016 7:53am
This is going to be one of those "good fit" threads where guys try to place riders in hypothetical situations based on zero facts or logic, whatsoever.

Such as AMart being the "wrong" pick and Forkner being the better choice. Martin beat Forkner in about 20 of 24 motos this year. Yea... send Forkner, right?

or, Anderson being "off the pace". Checking the results from Ironman, the first American 450 guy was Barcia, who is "unavailable". The next guy down is Tomac, who turned down the selection. But the next guy...Anderson. Imagine that.

Webb is a godsend for Decoster right now, with this 450 experience. Decoster picked absolutely positively the best team we could send right now.
TXDirt
8/29/2016 8:30am
Steely Dan wrote:
This is going to be one of those "good fit" threads where guys try to place riders in hypothetical situations based on zero facts or logic...
This is going to be one of those "good fit" threads where guys try to place riders in hypothetical situations based on zero facts or logic, whatsoever.

Such as AMart being the "wrong" pick and Forkner being the better choice. Martin beat Forkner in about 20 of 24 motos this year. Yea... send Forkner, right?

or, Anderson being "off the pace". Checking the results from Ironman, the first American 450 guy was Barcia, who is "unavailable". The next guy down is Tomac, who turned down the selection. But the next guy...Anderson. Imagine that.

Webb is a godsend for Decoster right now, with this 450 experience. Decoster picked absolutely positively the best team we could send right now.
I don't disagree with you. I don't think it was ever determined if in fact Barcia turned it down or if the team said no. I find both of those hard to believe. Be that as it may, sounds like Barcia perhaps was not an option for whatever reason.

If you look back at the last 10 motos of the year Forkner bested Martin 6 out of the 10 motos. They seem to be pretty evenly matched. If you look at the last 6 motos of the year Forkner bested Martin 5 of the last 6 motos. So he definitely came on strong towards the end. The MXDN team isn't picked in May or June!

The Shop

MR. X
8/29/2016 8:38am
Forkner
Webb
Anderson
flatout111
8/29/2016 8:41am
BarcIa
Anderson
Webb

That would be our strongest team out of ones willing to go.
MotoX85
8/29/2016 8:41am
Decoster had to have a KTM on the team. The team should have been. Barcia, Webb, A Mart, with Forkner going along for alternate and to gain experience.
MotoX85
8/29/2016 8:43am
It's already been put out by jbone that JGR and Barcia was never asked to go
TXDirt
8/29/2016 8:46am Edited Date/Time 8/29/2016 8:54am
I went back through the results and Martin bested Forkner 14 motos out of 24. Forkner bested Martin 10 out of 24 motos.

Pretty far off your 20 out of 24 motos calculation...

Looking at the numbers some more...

In the first 12 motos Martin Bested Forkner 10 of the first 12 motos. Forkner bested Martin 2 out of the first 12.

Looking at the last 12 motos of the year. Forkner bested Martin 8 of the last 12 motos. Martin bested Forkner 4 of the last 12 motos.

It's pretty understandable looking at the numbers that Martin would beat Forkner early on seeing as this is Forkners rookie season. So the rooking started off pretty normal.

Then look at the last 12 motos and you can see Forkner poured it on in the second half of the season.

So definitely a case can be made that Forkner should have been picked over Martin. It's not at all cut and dry that Martin should go to MXDN over Forkner.
TXDirt
8/29/2016 8:47am
MotoX85 wrote:
That's what folks are saying as well. Barcia was not asked to go. Clearly he is a better pick then Anderson. So we do not have our best team of available riders it seems.
FastGzus
8/29/2016 8:48am
People need to remember that DeCoster COULDNT choose a few guys. Like Barcia
dboivin
8/29/2016 9:26am
AMart earned it. Earned it more than any other available rider. it's sad that some of you are bagging on him.
mb60
8/29/2016 9:33am
I'm going with Cooper Web since he is a American Badass.

Andrew Short because he is as American as Apple Pie.

And then Steink Dog on the 125 2 stroker !!!!!!!
Uncle Tony
8/29/2016 9:36am
Lackey, pomeroy, destefano, weinert wait that's the 1974 team, you mugs weren't if born yet
TXDirt
8/29/2016 9:37am
dboivin wrote:
AMart earned it. Earned it more than any other available rider. it's sad that some of you are bagging on him.
Who bagged on him? He's had a great season and is a respectable pick certainly. Was he a better pick then Forkner? That's up for debate.
mx836
8/29/2016 9:39am
Anderson is going because Roger (KTM, Husky) needed someone at the race to promote the brand IMO. Nowhere have I seen anything saying Barcia passed up the opportunity. I highly doubt he would.
mx836
8/29/2016 9:42am
FastGzus wrote:
People need to remember that DeCoster COULDNT choose a few guys. Like Barcia
Why not?
motomike137
8/29/2016 9:48am
MotoX85 wrote:
If that is true I am very disappointed.
FlaNard
8/29/2016 9:59am
Yeah it doesn't fill you with confidence when the guys picked for our team all lost their own overalls this past weekend. Anderson is fresh off of injury or I think he would be a very solid pick. As it is I just don't think we can expect a lot out of him. Webb is the only guy that you have to say for sure, you pick him. But yeah, I'd probably send Forkner as well. Send the hot hand. That kid is only going to get faster, and getting him that experience knowing he is going to be a HUGE part of American Motocross in the upcoming years would have been smart IMO.
kkawboy14
8/29/2016 10:07am
Short
Peick
Forkner

Nobody else is sending their A team those guys would have a blast!
8/29/2016 10:10am
I agree, we should have sent an all Blue team over there.

MX1 Barcia
MX2 A-Mart
MX3 Webb
8/29/2016 10:12am
dboivin wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
Who bagged on him? He's had a great season and is a respectable pick certainly. Was he a better pick then Forkner? That's up for debate.
Yes, he is. He's been over there twice, is the veteran, finished higher in points and he has the same speed.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
8/29/2016 10:15am
Yeah, France should have picked MM25. With him on the team they would have been the overwhelming favorites.
8/29/2016 10:15am
all those excuses already for not winning again ..........no confidence in current team ?
i think they have a really good shot like always ... look at France ?? Paulin sucks lately... Belgium ? its not like all those riders are that good at the moment. Ithink it will be a lot more exciting as last years race
TXDirt
8/29/2016 10:19am
From 450 Words - Justin Barcia

The whole off-season races and stuff, I know it’s a grind, but I think I saw somebody comment on your Instagram about doing Des Nations and it sounded like you didn’t get asked to race it. Are you bummed about that? It’s another race but it seems like that’s one of those ones that you love.

I would have went if they asked. I would say they should have chose me. But obviously Eli couldn’t go. We all have super important things to do, like get our bikes right for supercross and there are more important things. But I think I’ve done very good there in the past. I won my class there a ton. I’ve really never dropped the ball; I’ve always been consistent. I’m not really mad that I didn’t get invited. There’s a ton of races and stuff but I do enjoy that race. I don’t even know who runs the gig anymore, but I didn’t get a phone call.
TXDirt
8/29/2016 10:29am Edited Date/Time 8/29/2016 10:30am
dboivin wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
MANNERS226 wrote:
Yes, he is. He's been over there twice, is the veteran, finished higher in points and he has the same speed.
Ok. But who bagged on Martin exactly? I read all the posts and don't see that.

Based on the first 12 motos Martin gets the nod. Based on the last 12 motos Forkner gets the nod.

If I was putting the team together I think our best team would have been:

- Barcia
- Anderson
- Webb

Barcia and Webb would have been unanimous picks.Too bad Barcia was not asked to go.

Anyways, so the 3rd rider slot would have been between Martin, Forkner or Anderson (since Webb can ride either 450 or 250). Based on those three riders I likely would have selected Anderson.
motomike137
8/29/2016 10:34am
TXDirt wrote:
[url=http://racerxonline.com/2016/08/29/450-words-justin-barcia]From 450 Words - Justin Barcia[/url] [b]The whole off-season races and stuff, I know it’s a grind, but I think I saw somebody comment on your...
From 450 Words - Justin Barcia

The whole off-season races and stuff, I know it’s a grind, but I think I saw somebody comment on your Instagram about doing Des Nations and it sounded like you didn’t get asked to race it. Are you bummed about that? It’s another race but it seems like that’s one of those ones that you love.

I would have went if they asked. I would say they should have chose me. But obviously Eli couldn’t go. We all have super important things to do, like get our bikes right for supercross and there are more important things. But I think I’ve done very good there in the past. I won my class there a ton. I’ve really never dropped the ball; I’ve always been consistent. I’m not really mad that I didn’t get invited. There’s a ton of races and stuff but I do enjoy that race. I don’t even know who runs the gig anymore, but I didn’t get a phone call.
damn, I do not get it
FlaNard
8/29/2016 10:37am
all those excuses already for not winning again ..........no confidence in current team ? i think they have a really good shot like always ... look...
all those excuses already for not winning again ..........no confidence in current team ?
i think they have a really good shot like always ... look at France ?? Paulin sucks lately... Belgium ? its not like all those riders are that good at the moment. Ithink it will be a lot more exciting as last years race
Oh sorry for the honesty. I meant to say "USA USA USA!!! Dem fureners don't want nun!!!!!! Merica!!!!" Better? Are we required to believe our team will win simply because we are from here?
mx836
8/29/2016 10:41am
all those excuses already for not winning again ..........no confidence in current team ? i think they have a really good shot like always ... look...
Give it up already man. It's simply a discussion on who we feel should have been picked. Nobody is making excuses.

Post a reply to: If you could pick the MXDN team again....

The Latest