If you could only pick one watch. US Supercross or Motocross and why.

BigBoreFan58
6/26/2021 10:47pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2021 10:48pm
teamddr wrote:
So MX is the refereed discipline to most US based moto heads. Why is there more emphasis on SX to the detriment of outdoor standards. Do...
So MX is the refereed discipline to most US based moto heads. Why is there more emphasis on SX to the detriment of outdoor standards. Do the TV rights business guru’s make more therefore better bonuses for SX results. Surely bike sales is more outdoors fans oriented. I’m wondering if you had a night race outdoors broadcast on a Saturday evening with floodlights would it be a real money spinner. It’s a pity as US MX nationals look very competitive this year and the MXON USA riders suffer due to SX commitments.
Simple. The money men. Once the money men show up it's a shit show.
6/26/2021 11:31pm
I like watching the Super Cross so the announcers can teach me what colour the Honda is 👍
Motofinne
6/26/2021 11:45pm
I'd pick SX. Just because there is MXGP that would cover the MX side of the sport. US SX & MXGP > US MX & MXGP.

The Shop

jk367
6/27/2021 4:30am
I like motocross better but if I had to pick it would be supercross. Simple answer is because I hate winter and don’t go out much so I enjoy the entertainment every sat night
6/27/2021 7:10am
Motocross.

Supercross can of course be just as good, depending on the race etc. But Motocross is always visually interesting to watch from a technical standpoint - and it's something more of us have done/do and so can relate to.

Not that SX isn't technical of course - but from my perspective it all generally looks very uniform (especially today with these modern bikes) after the first couple of heats.
JJO741
Fantasy
3035th
6/27/2021 9:20am
I love both. Nothing beats the hype of Anaheim 1 and all the anticipation of a new season. I enjoy the show aspect of supercross with the rider intro, fireworks, and the technicality of supercross is very enjoyable to me.

With that said, the racing outdoors is much better and so badass. The speed these guys have always blows my mind.
Mr. Info
6/27/2021 5:14pm
A MXoN in Europe because you get to experience what real fans are like when their rooting for their country. The US fans are dead bodies compared to Europe fans.
nornevrder
6/27/2021 6:12pm
Motocross…….why? Because 99.9% of us can relate. The speed that these guys go is absolutely insane and when we race outdoor tracks we can relate and appreciate out fast they are really going. Plus motocross is as pure as this sport gets.
6/27/2021 6:19pm
RichieW13 wrote:
I prefer SX. SX is a better show. More gate drops. More action. With the heats splitting the field and the LCQ's, you get to see...
I prefer SX. SX is a better show. More gate drops. More action. With the heats splitting the field and the LCQ's, you get to see a lot more riders. At a typical MX, the coverage usually only focuses on 5 or 6 guys per moto, with many of the same guys being focused on in the next moto. I like it better that they are at night. It doesn't help that some of the best guys tend to skip MX.

I do prefer that the 250 MX series isn't split into regions. I really wish they would change that for SX.

For me it's probably a 65/35 preference for SX.

Part of this may also be because when I was a kid in the 80's, Supercross was on TV sometimes. I don't think I ever saw MX on TV until the 2000's, except when Wide World of Sports would cover Carlsbad on occasion.
Who of the "best guys" is skipping mx?
RichieW13 wrote:
Roczen skipped last year.

Brayton always skips. Reed skipped a few years. McGrath. Anderson seems to find ways to not race.
Roczen sure. He's back this yr. Brayton one of the best guys? Anderson has never skipped mx. You really bringing up MC from 20yrs ago?
GabeM
6/27/2021 6:29pm Edited Date/Time 6/27/2021 6:30pm
Suoercross was really fun and it would be a toss up for if it was more like it was back in the day. The 450's make it much less compelling now that everyone can all do the same things. IMHO Supercross in its current configuration resembles BMX more than MX. Now it just seems like a contest of who can find a way to cut that extra 1/8 of a second a lap off their time, others can't

Post a reply to: If you could only pick one watch. US Supercross or Motocross and why.

The Latest