If you could only pick one watch. US Supercross or Motocross and why.

Related:
Create New Tag

6/24/2021 9:09 AM

Curious to see what you guys think.

Supercross or motocross

View Results

|

6/24/2021 9:14 AM

Motocross by far. Because it’s 140 minutes of RACING. As opposed to 2 hours of gate pick qualifying and commercials and then 1 hour of racing and commercials in supercross.

|

6/24/2021 9:17 AM

Motocross..Where it all started...cool

|

Hello..Vital?..

6/24/2021 9:19 AM

I figured people would chose motocross like me, but this is a landslide. The battles in the past 3 Rds has already earned my NBC Gold App money… wish I could say the same for the expensive SX app pkg for us Canadians (even tho I’ve rarely had issues with it)

|

6/24/2021 9:22 AM

Kind of a tough choice...I love watching both.

The wait between mx and the new supercross season is the worst.

We had some great outdoor supercross races this year (was nice to see CA left off the schedule)..

Prefer ratio...

55% motocross
45% supercross

|

6/24/2021 9:27 AM

I chose MX. Why? Well, besides the faster and better 'racing'...?
There are A LOT of venues that I like waaaaaaaay better than a SX track/venue.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

6/24/2021 9:29 AM

Motocross is much more fun to watch. I still love SX, but MX is the sport to me.

|

6/24/2021 9:30 AM

Motocross of course ! but always love some supercross

|

6/24/2021 9:32 AM

I picked moto and prefer to watch it, however I like the timing of supercross more. So hard to sit down and watch MX in the middle of a beautiful summer day, and not watching it live doesn't have the same thrill for me. However even with all that still prefer an MX race.

|

6/24/2021 10:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2021 10:49 AM

MX because too much sleepless nights watching SX

|

6/24/2021 10:33 AM

Supercross is out of the heat, rain and other elements. It has clean, close bathrooms. Concession stands are right around the corner. The whole track is visible. Getting in and out of the venue is a breeze. Internet is always available. I have never left a supercross race sunburned and dehydrated. You don't have to walk a mile to the parking lot. The fans aren't as fanatic or rowdy. The riders display excellent timing on well prepped cookie cutter tracks.

I pick motocross, the exact opposite of the above! Supercross is more of a show as opposed to the nitty gritty, fucking awesome, balls out, WFO racing of the great outdoors!

|

6/24/2021 10:47 AM

It was once said "supercross is like a ballet, the outdoor is a FIST FIGHT." (The Great Outdoors 1?) I'll take the fist fight everyday!

|

6/24/2021 10:48 AM

Supercross tracks are all pretty similar. That said, by the time the motocross season ends, I am usually ready for some SX. I love attending both.

|

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” ― Ernest Hemingway

6/24/2021 11:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2021 11:39 AM

MX by far. After the first few rounds of SX it’s like I’m watching the same thing over n over. MX has a huge variance in track design, riders get out of 2nd gear, spectators line the track (in some places), the tracks get brutally rough, and since RC retired you never know who will win on any given day. Plus I could care less about heats and LCQ’s. Motocross is 4 mains in one day 👍

|

6/24/2021 11:44 AM

What is this "supercross" of which you speak?

OK, just kidding, but I definitely prefer real motocross.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

6/24/2021 12:09 PM

I love watching outdoors more, but supercross has so much more excitement for me. Riders on new bikes and teams. The build up and anticipation from months of nothing. It’s in the winter at night.

The only single problem is It’s hard to watch outdoors live because I want to be outdoors riding myself.

|

6/24/2021 12:30 PM

Supercross typically has more action, but all the follow-the-leader races this year have made it kinda boring. Plus, I can’t remember a 450 outdoor season as stacked and exciting as this one…ever. So, motocross by a long shot, at least in 2021.

|

6/24/2021 12:39 PM

MX. I can see an SX results sheet and have a pretty good idea of how the race played out. Motos have more of a story to them.

|

6/24/2021 12:45 PM

Circuscross vs Motocross is a no brainer.

|

6/24/2021 12:47 PM

Like Big Lenny said. MX is where it all started. I can relate having done it myself for so long. Never done a SX and although it does have merits and the riders are skilled, for me it’s just filler for the winter months.

|

6/24/2021 12:55 PM

Gotta say mx but the race gas smell as you walk into lucas oil stadium is the best

|

6/24/2021 1:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2021 1:25 PM

The result of the pole speaks for most Outdoors is king.

|

6/24/2021 1:26 PM

Supercross, because there is more often close racing indoors than out, you can see the whole track too. A good mx battle can be better, they just don't happen as much.

|

6/24/2021 1:50 PM

If you could have ice cream or cake, or both, which would you prefer?

|

Twitter: @ftemoto
Instagram: @mstusiak

6/24/2021 1:55 PM

If I'm going to take family and friends then SX hands down, rent a catered box and have food and clean private restroom. Now if I'm going with a racing buddy or my nephew then it could go either way. In my younger days I liked to hike around a national track but now that I'm older and my body hurts I will watch MX on a big TV with all the comforts of home.

|

Ed Johnson

6/24/2021 2:02 PM

yz133rider wrote:

Motocross by far. Because it’s 140 minutes of RACING. As opposed to 2 hours of gate pick qualifying and commercials and then 1 ...more

Yep, 2 hours of jockeying for gate picks and 1 hour of racing versus 4 motos that all mean something.

Outdoor MX first, supercross second...

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

6/24/2021 2:04 PM

I always thought Supercross was to tide us over the winter.

|

6/24/2021 2:15 PM

Supercross fans are posers.

|

6/24/2021 2:24 PM

WoodsRacer wrote:

I picked moto and prefer to watch it, however I like the timing of supercross more. So hard to sit down and watch MX in the ...more

That’s where we are lucky in Aus, especially where I am in Tasmania. MX in the near dark of Sunday morning, it’s 0 degrees outside.

|

6/24/2021 2:26 PM

For anyone who said Supercross, go back and watch Moto 2 of High Point and answer correctly next time.

|

Two wheels, tacos, and tubes