If this pic doesn't make you want to go ride?

Edited Date/Time 8/1/2017 4:54pm
Ferrandis in the rut and on the gas fully committed. Nice shot Steve!
|
TXDirt
8/1/2017 7:44am
His body is leaned over the same angle as the bike. No leg drag. Head over bars. Text book cornering!!!! Great picture!
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
8/1/2017 8:35am
Dude is pitted
tempura
8/1/2017 8:44am
I want to see a photo of Osborne when he leaned it so low.

The Shop

imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
8/1/2017 8:57am
Saw Osborne railing some outsides in similar fashion. Stupid fast.
Stupid fast if right. You can go to a local track and half track the second quickest guy there to come home and look online at pro racing and realize just how far off a local A rider is compared to a top 20 pro.
slipdog
8/1/2017 8:59am
I can't stop wondering how annoying his chest protector must have been that moto.
8/1/2017 9:11am Edited Date/Time 8/1/2017 9:12am
That pic actually does NOT make me want to ride: my form in the ruts don't look like that.

It's kind of like seeing a supermodel - too bad I'll never know what that feels like.
hyler199
8/1/2017 9:16am
slipdog wrote:
I can't stop wondering how annoying his chest protector must have been that moto.
Hes been wearing them for a while. Im sure he finds it normal. I notice i have mine on but it isnt throwing me off... saying a chest protector is annoying and throws you off your game is like an amateur skateboarder/bmx not wearing a helmet when they ride. Its all cool till you dribble your head off the cement
Lynch
8/1/2017 9:24am
slipdog wrote:
hyler199 wrote:
Hes been wearing them for a while. Im sure he finds it normal. I notice i have mine on but it isnt throwing me off... saying...
Hes been wearing them for a while. Im sure he finds it normal. I notice i have mine on but it isnt throwing me off... saying a chest protector is annoying and throws you off your game is like an amateur skateboarder/bmx not wearing a helmet when they ride. Its all cool till you dribble your head off the cement
Look at the picture again.
hyler199
8/1/2017 9:29am
slipdog wrote:
hyler199 wrote:
Hes been wearing them for a while. Im sure he finds it normal. I notice i have mine on but it isnt throwing me off... saying...
Lynch wrote:
Look at the picture again.
Word, I see it now... wtvr I single strap my backpack aswell. All the cool kids do it
8/1/2017 9:39am
imoto34 wrote:
Stupid fast if right. You can go to a local track and half track the second quickest guy there to come home and look online at...
Stupid fast if right. You can go to a local track and half track the second quickest guy there to come home and look online at pro racing and realize just how far off a local A rider is compared to a top 20 pro.
Yup. I always tell people unfamiliar with the sport that motocross is a lot like golf, in terms of there are sooo many levels of "good". Even on the highest professional level, the discrepancy between the first and last place guy is just mind boggling. Yet, if you saw that last place rider at your local track, you'd think he was some sort of moto god
8/1/2017 9:54am
That pic actually does NOT make me want to ride: my form in the ruts don't look like that. It's kind of like seeing a supermodel...
That pic actually does NOT make me want to ride: my form in the ruts don't look like that.

It's kind of like seeing a supermodel - too bad I'll never know what that feels like.
It only matters how Good you feel riding, who cares what you look like Smile
8/1/2017 9:56am Edited Date/Time 8/1/2017 9:58am

There's one of Marvin also leaning it over in a rut pinning it. I love this shot. The Frenchmen were hauling ass this weekend!

Edit: I have no idea how to embed images! Sorry!

Edit 2: Got it!
kkawboy14
8/1/2017 11:37am
TXDirt wrote:
His body is leaned over the same angle as the bike. No leg drag. Head over bars. Text book cornering!!!! Great picture!
As a Florida boy.......I hate ruts that big Smile
kkawboy14
8/1/2017 12:16pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2017 12:16pm
I prefer burms instead of ruts

Mr. G
8/1/2017 1:01pm
There has been a change. We never hear the term "berm" anymore. Now it's ruts.
DA498
8/1/2017 1:06pm
Yup. I always tell people unfamiliar with the sport that motocross is a lot like golf, in terms of there are sooo many levels of "good"...
Yup. I always tell people unfamiliar with the sport that motocross is a lot like golf, in terms of there are sooo many levels of "good". Even on the highest professional level, the discrepancy between the first and last place guy is just mind boggling. Yet, if you saw that last place rider at your local track, you'd think he was some sort of moto god
Nailed it, I've told many the same thing. It still blows my mind.
scooter5002
8/1/2017 1:49pm
I went riding this weekend, also encountered ruts. Any photos of me, would have three things in common with that one. Ruts, a bike, a guy on it, and a motocross track. Oh ya, an ambulance in the background, at the ready.
BMSOBx2
8/1/2017 4:52pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2017 4:56pm
steed 2.0 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/08/01/207522/s1200_max_072917washougalracing3566_831648.jpg[/img]

This speaks volumes about what is wrong with MX track prep today. 3' deep slot car ruts. No passing no changing lines. Great shot but really??? It doesn't make me want go ride as much as jump on a Cat & fix it. Berms? Gimme some berms. Take a look at the pics from the Mossiev thread. Majority of the pics show natural terrain ungroomed tracks. Real MX. This s__t sucks for racing.
8/1/2017 5:12pm
That pic actually does NOT make me want to ride: my form in the ruts don't look like that. It's kind of like seeing a supermodel...

It only matters how Good you feel riding, who cares what you look like Smile
I am sure Ferrandis feels better than what I am feeling in ruts like that. My butt is puckered the whole time, sort of the opposite of flowy.

Again, it's like what I am pulling versus the supermodel: sure, it's fun and I love it, but I bet you the supermodel would be even MORE fun but I'll never know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Grinning
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
8/1/2017 10:10pm
I am sure Ferrandis feels better than what I am feeling in ruts like that. My butt is puckered the whole time, sort of the opposite...
I am sure Ferrandis feels better than what I am feeling in ruts like that. My butt is puckered the whole time, sort of the opposite of flowy.

Again, it's like what I am pulling versus the supermodel: sure, it's fun and I love it, but I bet you the supermodel would be even MORE fun but I'll never know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Grinning
I think this is getting off topic but I'll chime in anyway. I dated a couple of different NFL cheerleaders back when I was single. It's fun for a while but it's highly over rated, trust me. Find yourself a nice, good loving woman and be happy. Looks fade with time. Find yourself an attractive woman that has a good head on her shoulders, a nice heart, can cook, and is fun to be with.

Back on topic, those pics are awesome. The one of Tomac makes my head hurt though. I have a mental block with ruts like that where your footpeg and parts of the bike drag the inside of the rut. It freaks me out and I just want to stand the bike up. I suck at ruts. But the other pictures (outside of Tomac's) make me want to go ride and get better at cornering.

Post a reply to: If this pic doesn't make you want to go ride?

The Latest