If this is the future....

rob162
Edited Date/Time 1/23/2018 11:52pm
Ill pass and wait till nationals start up if this is what sx turns into. There was 14 of us, all riders watching it, not one of us liked it. We all agreed its a glorified version of the old AX dash for cash. I would much rather have semis back then this. Seriously if this is what is instore for sx stick a fork in it its done. At least for us. One othere thing we all agreed on unanimously was it felt gimicky, didnt feel like a true professional motorsport race it felt like a circus race. We could never imagine NASCAR, F1, Motogp Indy or any other profesional top teir racing program being run like this. Great for a one off like monster cup or amature day but not pro sx.
|
OFWGKTA
1/21/2018 1:46am
rob162 wrote:
Ill pass and wait till nationals start up if this is what sx turns into. There was 14 of us, all riders watching it, not one...
Ill pass and wait till nationals start up if this is what sx turns into. There was 14 of us, all riders watching it, not one of us liked it. We all agreed its a glorified version of the old AX dash for cash. I would much rather have semis back then this. Seriously if this is what is instore for sx stick a fork in it its done. At least for us. One othere thing we all agreed on unanimously was it felt gimicky, didnt feel like a true professional motorsport race it felt like a circus race. We could never imagine NASCAR, F1, Motogp Indy or any other profesional top teir racing program being run like this. Great for a one off like monster cup or amature day but not pro sx.
Fully agree !!! Truly didn't like that format !! Felt like a circus too ! and the first race is 100% based on start so alessi will be our champion with that format...Good for an off race but please feld do not keep that format for pro sx
22Ryann
Fantasy
4098th
1/21/2018 2:10am
I enjoyed something different, riders attitude was also a bit more aggressive I thought about getting to the front.
nealb129
1/21/2018 5:48am
rob162 wrote:
Ill pass and wait till nationals start up if this is what sx turns into. There was 14 of us, all riders watching it, not one...
I agree 100%! I would rather watch one main event where the superstar checks out and wins by 10+ seconds and after lap 2 or 3 the winner is already decided (barring a crash), or the top guy gets a top ten start and still wins the race.

Plus this format favors consistency and if there is anything we learned in last years championship its that the fans want a winner for the championship not a consistent podium guy!

But what do I know, I'm not as smart as all of you. I don't know what webbs problem is, or how roczens arm is, I'm no doctor or mensa member like the rest of vital.

The Shop

deluxeman
1/21/2018 6:20am
It was different, I think it could work with some tweaks. It was not really that entertaining. Too many commercials and down time. The commentary is always bad so that adds to the displeasure of having too little racing and too much blabbing.
ob
1/21/2018 6:53am
Feels like I wasted two hours
reded
1/21/2018 6:54am
I didn't mind the format, the racing was good and it allows the viewer a chance to see more than one rider out front for 20 laps. IMO it was a shit track design for the first attempt at this style of race and 2hrs worth of commercials and Twitter talk for 70min of racing is too much.
jaredtebo17
Fantasy
2046th
1/21/2018 6:58am
I was there, the racing was awesome! I loved the format, different riders up front, intensity was high. I can’t wait for the next triple crown.
Timo_2824
1/21/2018 6:59am
I didn't mind the format, but it did seem excessive on the commercial time. The riders seemed to have fun with the different format as well.
flyinb501
Fantasy
272nd
1/21/2018 7:03am
I liked it. It really mixed things up and we got to see different riders up front. I thought it was also interesting how some riders pretty much ended up in the same position each race regardless, like Hill.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
1/21/2018 7:12am
I will absolutely never watch it live again, big mistake!
plowboy
I didn't mind it. Not saying I liked it better but the change made it interesting. The whole crew did a good job considering it was new for them as well. Most improved award goes to Dungey. Still a little stiff but came across as much better prepared...well done buddy. I'd like to see them turn Ricky loose in the pits. Just a gopro and a Mic. The Goat could probably get some gold outta the riders/mechs/managers.
I was there, the racing was awesome! I loved the format, different riders up front, intensity was high. I can’t wait for the next triple crown.
Go home and watch it TV and tell us how you feel. I literally fell asleep during the 2nd intermission. It was a snooze fest waiting and waiting for the riders to take the track
DYE
1/21/2018 7:28am
People bitch about Stew ghosting the sport after retiring but who could blame him. Dungey came back and trying to be involved but is being criticized for not being good enough yet. Ralf, Jeff, Ricky not good enough. Program boring, guys check out, not good enough. Try something new to prevent checking out, not good enough. Can nobody just appreciate that we get live HD racing every week!?
1/21/2018 8:00am
DYE wrote:
People bitch about Stew ghosting the sport after retiring but who could blame him. Dungey came back and trying to be involved but is being criticized...
People bitch about Stew ghosting the sport after retiring but who could blame him. Dungey came back and trying to be involved but is being criticized for not being good enough yet. Ralf, Jeff, Ricky not good enough. Program boring, guys check out, not good enough. Try something new to prevent checking out, not good enough. Can nobody just appreciate that we get live HD racing every week!?
I agree. And it’s on FS1. To everyone complaining simply do not watch it live. It’s that easy...watch it the next day and fast forward the commercials. Problem solved
brocster
1/21/2018 8:17am
Dvr and plan to sit down two hours later. Ff through commercials and you’ll be caught up by the end and will finish up at the same time.
gt80rider
1/21/2018 8:17am
I don't know if it was the new format or just a night with a lot of good racing, but I really like it.. seemed to have a lot of good battles going on..
RangerLee
1/21/2018 8:22am
Seriously, this is nuts. So much complaining about racing getting dull, so many getting hurt. This format shows up, and it provided some of the best racing we have seen in a long time, and not just with 2 riders, but with several groups, constantly.

The format was awesome. The long stretches of commercials may not have been, and one of those stretches I was hoping they would have shown the last chance qualifier from earlier in the day as that must have been one hell of a race.

Get rid of calling each race a "main" honestly I believe this is what is causing angst among long time fans. We do just fine with 2 motos in outdoors and 3 motos in MXoN. Call them "motos" with the lowest combined finish giving the Main event winner along with better filler material in between the motos.
1/21/2018 8:22am
"I would much rather have semis back then this. "

lol, wut?
RCMXracing
1/21/2018 8:27am
Each race means something. The intensity was high. Main 1 too short tho. If you don’t get the start, big deflation. Main 1 & 2 should be equal time IMO.
RbR
1/21/2018 8:47am
The TC format was very entertaining and the racing was more intense than the std format. SX generally becomes a spread out snoozefest at the 10-minute mark anyway.
1/21/2018 8:49am
RangerLee wrote:
Seriously, this is nuts. So much complaining about racing getting dull, so many getting hurt. This format shows up, and it provided some of the best...
Seriously, this is nuts. So much complaining about racing getting dull, so many getting hurt. This format shows up, and it provided some of the best racing we have seen in a long time, and not just with 2 riders, but with several groups, constantly.

The format was awesome. The long stretches of commercials may not have been, and one of those stretches I was hoping they would have shown the last chance qualifier from earlier in the day as that must have been one hell of a race.

Get rid of calling each race a "main" honestly I believe this is what is causing angst among long time fans. We do just fine with 2 motos in outdoors and 3 motos in MXoN. Call them "motos" with the lowest combined finish giving the Main event winner along with better filler material in between the motos.
Racing was awesome. Did people miss the last 250 main event? People just love to complain about everything.
1/21/2018 8:57am
Intensity was through the roof, riding was aggressive, riders liked the format (unless they lost) it was phenomenal for racing!!
bultokid
1/21/2018 8:58am
Awful on live TV but hey thats what the DVR is for. First moto way too short and the fastest guy by far ( Anderson ) didn't win the O/A. Great for exhibition race, SUCKS for a SX series race.
aees
1/21/2018 9:05am
Really bad track for this format. Way to narrow and few lines opened up because of dirt was super hard. 1/3 of the track after finish line was to clogged.
Asimo
1/21/2018 9:45am
I didn't notice the breaks or commercials.
In fact, I didn't watch the commercials.

6 gate drops with the top guys was OK with me.
1/21/2018 9:52am
rob162 wrote:
I could never imagine F1, IndyCar, NASCAR, MotoGP, MXGP or any other professional top-tier series commingling two hours of qualifying with less than an hour of actual racing, but every week there it is.

Mit12
1/21/2018 9:54am
I enjoy watching SX “live” more than any other form of racing. This format has way to much down time. If this format is going to be the new thing, I will be forced to DVR the race and watch it using fast forward to get through the hour of commercials. The racing is great but the show is boring.
motomojo
1/21/2018 9:55am
They're growing the sport... Wait till AI enhanced humans and full AI robots start racing in the near future on AI equipped bikes.
Ray Kurzweil says we are 12 years away from humans merging with computers so the future will be interesting to say the least.

Post a reply to: If this is the future....

The Latest