If them Lawrence Brothers were on 450's,....

cool_hand
They would be eatin' everyone's lunch.
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/19/2022 5:33pm Edited Date/Time 6/19/2022 6:42pm
Yeah, no.

Edit:

I'm not hating either. I'm a fan of both.

I'm looking at it from a history point of view. Rarely has a rookie moved up and just won everything. The last guy to do it was Ferrandis last year. Some say he wasn't really a rookie because of his age. If you want to eliminate that, then it goes back all the way to 2010 with Dungey.

Sexton is in his 3rd 450 outdoor season and is just now running consistently at the front. Plessinger, Webb, Cianciarulo, etc. all champions in the 250 class and still haven't managed to replicate their 250 success.

They would definitely have success, but they wouldn't be running away with the series. Don't forget that Ferrandis and Cianciarulo are out with injury. Add in those two and the top 5 is even more difficult to crack.

The 450 class is a completely different thing.
6/19/2022 5:34pm Edited Date/Time 6/19/2022 5:36pm
Yes, but they are already winning the 250 class on 250s, though. Why give them more of an advantage?
Big Lenny
6/19/2022 5:39pm
No..The 450 is a totally different beast...Dry
cool_hand
6/19/2022 5:40pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Yeah, no. Edit: I'm not hating either. I'm a fan of both. I'm looking at it from a history point of view. Rarely has a rookie...
Yeah, no.

Edit:

I'm looking at it from a history point of view. Rarely has a rookie moved up and just won everything. The last guy to do it was Ferrandis last year. Some say he wasn't really a rookie because of his age. If you want to eliminate that, then it goes back all the way to 2010 with Dungey.

Sexton is in his 3rd 450 outdoor season and is just now running consistently at the front. Plessinger, Webb, Cianciarulo, etc. all champions in the 250 class and still haven't managed to replicate their 250 success.

They would definitely have success, but they wouldn't be running away with the series. Don't forget that Ferrandis and Cianciarulo are out with injury. Add in those two and the top 5 is even more difficult to crack.

I disagree, they are in some kind of surreal "brother competition" that has pushed them to a level that NO ONE is on at this point, in any class.

The Shop

Renner153
Fantasy
3583rd
6/19/2022 5:56pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Yeah, no. Edit: I'm not hating either. I'm a fan of both. I'm looking at it from a history point of view. Rarely has a rookie...
Yeah, no.

Edit:

cool_hand wrote:
I disagree, they are in some kind of surreal "brother competition" that has pushed them to a level that NO ONE is on at this point...
I disagree, they are in some kind of surreal "brother competition" that has pushed them to a level that NO ONE is on at this point, in any class.
LOL. No
Bow977
Fantasy
99th
6/19/2022 6:21pm
It’s a little different to ride 450s in a rough moto compared to 250s. Think about all those 250 guys who turn faster laps than the 450 guys, I’d say they would have been 5-7 today, not winning like you think
Cygrace74
6/19/2022 6:27pm
I’m sure it’s for starting reasons but I’m surprised we haven’t had a top guy run a 250 in the 450 class. Like Craig in SX, or Alex Martin outdoors.
tobz
6/19/2022 7:52pm Edited Date/Time 6/19/2022 7:52pm
cool_hand wrote:
They would be eatin' everyone's lunch.
With this logic shouldnt Craig be winning in the 450’s after beating all the kids?
IWreckALot
6/19/2022 7:58pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Yeah, no.

Edit:

Not agreeing or disagreeing but they absolutely smoked the class. They both could have crashed 3 times on the last lap and still been 1 and 2. It is fun watching them regardless. Curious to see how they do their first year in the 450s.
Mit12
6/19/2022 10:59pm
We all would like to believe that but history tells a different story.
Juck
Fantasy
330th
6/19/2022 11:08pm
Cygrace74 wrote:
I’m sure it’s for starting reasons but I’m surprised we haven’t had a top guy run a 250 in the 450 class. Like Craig in SX...
I’m sure it’s for starting reasons but I’m surprised we haven’t had a top guy run a 250 in the 450 class. Like Craig in SX, or Alex Martin outdoors.
I don't think the teams would let them do that
6/20/2022 12:34am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Yeah, no.

Edit:

cool_hand wrote:
I disagree, they are in some kind of surreal "brother competition" that has pushed them to a level that NO ONE is on at this point...
What the heck is a "surreal brother competition"? Laughing
OT
Fantasy
3059th
6/20/2022 1:12am
I'm not sure they'd have the raw strength to handle 450 speed for 30 mins. Sexton / Roczen / Tomac are built like tanks and can man handle those machines like no ones business..
tek14
6/20/2022 1:27am
Seems those HRC Hondas are pulling away from others like they are 350cc. They sure found something in motor department last 2 seasons. Sure bro´s are riding good also.
mx313
6/20/2022 1:58am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2022 2:00am
OT wrote:
I'm not sure they'd have the raw strength to handle 450 speed for 30 mins. Sexton / Roczen / Tomac are built like tanks and can...
I'm not sure they'd have the raw strength to handle 450 speed for 30 mins. Sexton / Roczen / Tomac are built like tanks and can man handle those machines like no ones business..
Tomac is bigger and some other guys are like mookie.
But jett looks more naturally muscular then most the 450 guys. Chase has clearly been training. But I reckon jett would have more natural strength then Kenny, Anderson, ferrandis, marv, savagty, ciancirulo, so I don't really think it would be an issue unless they were tiny. Plus there technique shouldn't require them to be really strong.
CPR
6/20/2022 2:05am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2022 2:07am
tek14 wrote:
Seems those HRC Hondas are pulling away from others like they are 350cc. They sure found something in motor department last 2 seasons. Sure bro´s are...
Seems those HRC Hondas are pulling away from others like they are 350cc. They sure found something in motor department last 2 seasons. Sure bro´s are riding good also.
No doubt those Hondas are good, but great riders make good bikes look great also. I’m sure they’re not faster than the Star Yamahas, maybe on par, but not faster.
OT
Fantasy
3059th
6/20/2022 2:33am
OT wrote:
I'm not sure they'd have the raw strength to handle 450 speed for 30 mins. Sexton / Roczen / Tomac are built like tanks and can...
mx313 wrote:
Tomac is bigger and some other guys are like mookie. But jett looks more naturally muscular then most the 450 guys. Chase has clearly been training...
Tomac is bigger and some other guys are like mookie.
But jett looks more naturally muscular then most the 450 guys. Chase has clearly been training. But I reckon jett would have more natural strength then Kenny, Anderson, ferrandis, marv, savagty, ciancirulo, so I don't really think it would be an issue unless they were tiny. Plus there technique shouldn't require them to be really strong.
I think Sexton and both Lawrences have similar technique, and Chase said it him self last year that the biggest struggle he had going to 450 was getting strong enough to handle the bike for a full moto
Solli2208
6/20/2022 3:52am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Yeah, no.

Edit:

Roczen did win the 2014 450MX Championship as a Rookie at age 20
Richy
6/20/2022 5:02am
tek14 wrote:
Seems those HRC Hondas are pulling away from others like they are 350cc. They sure found something in motor department last 2 seasons. Sure bro´s are...
CPR wrote:
No doubt those Hondas are good, but great riders make good bikes look great also. I’m sure they’re not faster than the Star Yamahas, maybe on...
No doubt those Hondas are good, but great riders make good bikes look great also. I’m sure they’re not faster than the Star Yamahas, maybe on par, but not faster.
Got to agree, I don't think they're giving anything up nowadays, very little if they are, but there are times when you see them next to Star bikes, often early on, and you can tell the blue ones are still rockets. They just seem to have closed the gap which is good to see.

Post a reply to: If them Lawrence Brothers were on 450's,....

The Latest