If the AMA let 250 two stroke compete in the Lites class how would the local track look then

Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 5:27am
I believe we are all getting robbed for our money. If they can make a two stroke with new technology faster cheaper and more reliable why don't they just give it to us.
|
OW38B
Fantasy
203rd
6/2/2010 2:31pm
DC says they are too fast.........so they get screwed.
newmann
6/2/2010 6:52pm Edited Date/Time 6/2/2010 7:33pm
Honda ....red helicopters. Right Guy B? Killing off the 2 stroke killed off part of motocross, especially the 125. What a class that was. The uber expensive career rider current 250 class will never replace the 125's. There is still a place for them in professional motocross,DC just needs to etch it in stone. Make the class DC, riders will come.
6/2/2010 6:59pm
It would serve MX well in all ways to enable 2 strokes professionally. IMO the loss of the 2 stroke is the single most devastating loss we have seen in the history of the sport. We also know how all of us (yes us) MX wanabess buy locally, what the pros ride nationally. Pro 2 strokes would open the amatuer 2 stroke flood gates. This IMO would make things safer, more easily transition from minis and more affordable. BUT we all (mostly)already know this.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
6/2/2010 7:08pm
to be honest i think the 250F's will still dominate, but it would give a few guys a shot,

in both NZ and Aussie where the rules have been changed only a very few can make a 250 2t run with the top 250F's,

The Shop

Bulldog
6/2/2010 7:12pm
Take a look at the GNCC XC2 class and yuse that as the measuring stick.

DC has already taken a step forward and in the right direction.
6/2/2010 7:21pm
dc said in his video he wants the racing to be fair, and that cc vs cc isn't fair. i think it would be awesome if he got on here and explained to us how 125 vs 250f is fair. he also said he wants to race what the oem's sell, make the rules fair and the oem's will start making them again. is that not common sense?
wardy
6/2/2010 7:30pm
250's run heads up in all AMA amatuer motocross racing that is being done now.

racers are pretty even with the parity.

tracks and rider habits make a paticular 250 better then another.

pro level.

well they say it's not "fair" but really no matter what, it's not what the sponsors sell. so the point is mute. you won't see 2 strokes in pro racing with the way it is now, and really who cares, as long as we have a place for them, for the bulk of the riders, thats all we need.

it's business.

last year when NO one bought the bikes, they simply raised the parts prices up 50-60%, so they will make what they can how they can. Its funny how so many bow down to the "plan" and then defend it, say it's helicopters what ever.

The simple fact was they couldn't "polish" the 2 stroke anymore, they couldn't make it
"cool", so they re-invented another type of bike to sell. Marketing 101.

They make more money on a thumper, and they will continue to until someone starts busting out a cheaper, reliable, rideable machine with a good support of parts. Chinese will do it, just will take some time. We need an entry bike for young adults that is affordable, durable, and less then minimal maintanance needed.......

We are losing our sport one rebuild at a time, one crash at a time. Of course us "old" folks don't know what we are talking about and well we just aren't up with the times.

I want to see electrics and soon, it really will be another facet of our sport to help bring back riders.

just another smoker thread........ Smile rant on..........
Void Main
6/2/2010 7:34pm
Get rid of all CC limits and the stroke limits altogether and let them run whatever they want to run in both classes. Make it age based. A 250F is just as fast as a 450F and a 350F is faster than both of them. Let the 2-strokes run whatever size they want too. I think the 350F and a 300cc 2-stroke would be pretty competitive.
bd
6/2/2010 7:46pm
Fine.... change the rules for 3 years from now. This allows the manufacturers the choice to make/ race a two stroke. I think it should be 175T -180T for the 250F class and 350-360T for the 450F class.

Four strokes fucked this sport in many different ways.
newmann
6/2/2010 7:49pm
mxpilot43 wrote:
dc said in his video he wants the racing to be fair, and that cc vs cc isn't fair. i think it would be awesome if...
dc said in his video he wants the racing to be fair, and that cc vs cc isn't fair. i think it would be awesome if he got on here and explained to us how 125 vs 250f is fair. he also said he wants to race what the oem's sell, make the rules fair and the oem's will start making them again. is that not common sense?
Everybody knows the 125 / 250 isn't fair, that's why there is absolutely no reason to not have a 125 class. The mfgs. who no longer make or import one shouldn't give a shit either. Drop the homo rule down or throw it out altogether. Let people build their own for that matter. Just have some basic specs.....like a 169 lb. minimum weight,wet with no fuel.Smile Damn sure wouldn't be any harm in having some forward thinking equipment out on the track. Other than revised 1960's 4 stroke engines and heavy aluminum frames,bikes haven't really changed all that much since the late 80's.
Shawn142
6/2/2010 7:57pm
From the beginning racing 2-strokes (at least 250 against 250) at the pro MX level was simply not going to happen. No manufacturer, even the one who STILL make and sell 2-strokes, want those bikes out there beating their bread and butter. And what does it say if someone shows up on an '07 Honda CR250 and beats a 2010 250F at the top level? You think Honda will continue to support a series that allows that to happen? No damn way. They'll pull their factory team and support, take their ball and go home. I bet even Yamaha would do the same. No matter how much people wanna bitch and moan you have to appease your customer. And when it comes to the business of running a major motorsport series your customers are the OEMs. The OEMs have spoken loud and clear, they don't want 2-strokes beating their 4-strokes.

If you 2-stroke heads want them back on the market and in pro racing make a stink to the OEMs, not us. We as a forum can't and don't do anything but bitch to each other in our own little micro-world. These threads mean nothing in any sort of constructive big picture. No big 4 OEM CEO is going to look at this forum and take this crap seriously, sorry.
newmann
6/2/2010 8:02pm
To hell with the 250 2 stroke racing professinally for the moment. Bring back the 125 on the pro level. Build from there. Kids coming off 85's will do good going to 125's. No reason not too.
BMSOB
6/2/2010 8:03pm Edited Date/Time 6/2/2010 8:03pm
newmann wrote:
Honda ....red helicopters. Right Guy B? Killing off the 2 stroke killed off part of motocross, especially the 125. What a class that was. The uber...
Honda ....red helicopters. Right Guy B? Killing off the 2 stroke killed off part of motocross, especially the 125. What a class that was. The uber expensive career rider current 250 class will never replace the 125's. There is still a place for them in professional motocross,DC just needs to etch it in stone. Make the class DC, riders will come.
motocross without two strokes just doesn't seem right...or sound right. be like nascar racing with a ringadingding sound. that sound needs...has to come back, at least for the 125-250 class.

bobbym
BMSOB
6/2/2010 8:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:17pm
Shawn142 wrote:
From the beginning racing 2-strokes (at least 250 against 250) at the pro MX level was simply not going to happen. No manufacturer, even the one...
From the beginning racing 2-strokes (at least 250 against 250) at the pro MX level was simply not going to happen. No manufacturer, even the one who STILL make and sell 2-strokes, want those bikes out there beating their bread and butter. And what does it say if someone shows up on an '07 Honda CR250 and beats a 2010 250F at the top level? You think Honda will continue to support a series that allows that to happen? No damn way. They'll pull their factory team and support, take their ball and go home. I bet even Yamaha would do the same. No matter how much people wanna bitch and moan you have to appease your customer. And when it comes to the business of running a major motorsport series your customers are the OEMs. The OEMs have spoken loud and clear, they don't want 2-strokes beating their 4-strokes.

If you 2-stroke heads want them back on the market and in pro racing make a stink to the OEMs, not us. We as a forum can't and don't do anything but bitch to each other in our own little micro-world. These threads mean nothing in any sort of constructive big picture. No big 4 OEM CEO is going to look at this forum and take this crap seriously, sorry.
I have yet to see any OEM folow through with their bluff. They tried to when there were two SX series going but they bluffed the AMA into dropping the claiming rule.

They'll pull their factory team and support, take their ball and go home. (this might be but)

Where would they "go"?

bobbym
Shawn142
6/2/2010 8:09pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:17pm
BMSOB wrote:
I have yet to see any OEM folow through with their bluff. They tried to when there were two SX series going but they bluffed the...
I have yet to see any OEM folow through with their bluff. They tried to when there were two SX series going but they bluffed the AMA into dropping the claiming rule.

They'll pull their factory team and support, take their ball and go home. (this might be but)

Where would they "go"?

bobbym
When have they been tested? What promoter (Feld, AMA, or MXSports) has allowed 250vs250 at a pro level in MX? DC said point blank even the OEMs who still made 250 2-strokes didn't want them racing against 250Fs.

If you want an example of where they'll "go" if you piss them off look at AMA road racing. You see any factory support there besides Suzuki? Honda pulled out COMPLETELY. They supply zero support to any rider on that grid. If you burn your bridge OEMs will leave.
6/2/2010 8:21pm
Its simple really.. Buy a 2 stroke... When the OEM's see that the 2 strokes are the only models selling, they will only have 2 choices. One is to completely kill them off, forcing their customer base to buy 4 strokes and eventually pricing a majority of their clientel out of the sport(this is already in the process of happening). Option two is for them to start making more 2 strokes

I did my part last Friday by purchasing a new 2010 KTM 250sx... My local dealer is scrambling to get their hands on every 2 stroke 125/250 they can because they are selling, even at full retail, while the 4 stroke models sit stagnant.
Faceaz
6/2/2010 8:43pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:17pm
wardy wrote:
250's run heads up in all AMA amatuer motocross racing that is being done now. racers are pretty even with the parity. tracks and rider habits...
250's run heads up in all AMA amatuer motocross racing that is being done now.

racers are pretty even with the parity.

tracks and rider habits make a paticular 250 better then another.

pro level.

well they say it's not "fair" but really no matter what, it's not what the sponsors sell. so the point is mute. you won't see 2 strokes in pro racing with the way it is now, and really who cares, as long as we have a place for them, for the bulk of the riders, thats all we need.

it's business.

last year when NO one bought the bikes, they simply raised the parts prices up 50-60%, so they will make what they can how they can. Its funny how so many bow down to the "plan" and then defend it, say it's helicopters what ever.

The simple fact was they couldn't "polish" the 2 stroke anymore, they couldn't make it
"cool", so they re-invented another type of bike to sell. Marketing 101.

They make more money on a thumper, and they will continue to until someone starts busting out a cheaper, reliable, rideable machine with a good support of parts. Chinese will do it, just will take some time. We need an entry bike for young adults that is affordable, durable, and less then minimal maintanance needed.......

We are losing our sport one rebuild at a time, one crash at a time. Of course us "old" folks don't know what we are talking about and well we just aren't up with the times.

I want to see electrics and soon, it really will be another facet of our sport to help bring back riders.

just another smoker thread........ Smile rant on..........
I say BS.

The people buying new dirt bikes typically buy new ones every 1 to 2 years. Dirt bikes get beat-up pretty quick, skilled riders feel a need to replace them frequently (2 stroke or 4 stroke). The arguement that 2 strokes weren't selling anymore isn't valid.

There's plenty of technology that can still be put into 2 strokes. EFI, Electric Start, Direct Injection - basically all the current advancements in 4 strokes can also apply to 2 strokes. So they haven't reached their technology ceiling.

4 strokes took over because the AMA allowed them to be double the displacement of a 2 stroke. Yamaha realized they could make a very competitive 4 stroke using that rule & it was only encouraged because 4 strokes burn cleaner than current 2 strokes.

The competitive power is one thing, but few realized how much more tractable the power would be which has given the 4 strokes a huge advantage. I say make them equal displacements, it will make for much more exciting racing.
oldx
6/2/2010 9:17pm
2 stroke races Sat. before Nat.

Post a reply to: If the AMA let 250 two stroke compete in the Lites class how would the local track look then

The Latest