If one of the triple crown motos are only 10 minutes

1/17/2018 4:58am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Roczen takes it with a 1-2-1
mauidex wrote:
I say 1-1-3??
downard254 wrote:
I’d buy the 1-1-3, but with that, I could see Anderson run a 2-2-1. Now 5 points each, but Anderson gets the overall on the last...
I’d buy the 1-1-3, but with that, I could see Anderson run a 2-2-1. Now 5 points each, but Anderson gets the overall on the last moto win. Correct? I’m sure this won’t confuse the casual fan, but they’ll probably be too drunk to get it anyway. I’m pretty interested to see how this plays out through the TV program. If it’s a hit, I could almost see them switch over to it for all of next season. Stranger things have happened.
Correct, last moto finish determines the overall result in case of a tie:

[quote=Rulebook (4.28 c, p40)]
In the event of a tie at the completion of the three main
events, the rider with the best finish in the third main
event will be scored higher in the overall standings.

[/quote]

And I agree. This is an interesting change Woohoo
1/17/2018 5:02am
Why would you go all out to win the first one, then be gassed for main 2, which is longer, you are in 7th, then be...
Why would you go all out to win the first one, then be gassed for main 2, which is longer, you are in 7th, then be totally fucked for the third main, and get 12th.

1-7-12 = 20 points= You didn't win shit.

Where do I have this twisted? I hope I have this wrong.
kkawboy14 wrote:
You beat the guy that finished 3-6-13
Right. Winning nothing, even though you won a short "main." Lol. So illusions.
BobbyM
1/17/2018 7:40am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2018 7:41am
Why would you go all out to win the first one, then be gassed for main 2, which is longer, you are in 7th, then be...
Why would you go all out to win the first one, then be gassed for main 2, which is longer, you are in 7th, then be totally fucked for the third main, and get 12th.

1-7-12 = 20 points= You didn't win shit.

Where do I have this twisted? I hope I have this wrong.
kkawboy14 wrote:
On the top of the box? A win might give some confidence depending on by how much they win by. If they don't treat it like a win maybe not.
BobbyM
1/17/2018 7:44am
So as usual you vital Mouthbreathers have endo'd off into a tangent and nobody has really picked a surprise winner. Tits as usual.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/17/2018 8:05am
here's how I understand it: - Olympic style scoring for each moto: 1pt = 1st, 2pt = 2nd, and so on.. - Lowest cumulative points is...
here's how I understand it:

- Olympic style scoring for each moto: 1pt = 1st, 2pt = 2nd, and so on..
- Lowest cumulative points is "Winner" in the record books.

Potentially we could have someone with a 2-3-2 score in the three mains be the lowest score and go down in the record books as a SX Main Event winner... without actually winning a race.
Overall win.
Johnny Depp
1/17/2018 8:44am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2018 8:59am
Yes, this new format has a terminology problem. How can there be 6 "Main" events? They are no longer significant as a "main" when there are 6 of them. In threads here they are already being referred to(correctly) as "Moto's".

And just like outdoors, Overall is the correct terminology for the end result.

The terminology fail is as bad as "Lite's".

kkawboy14
1/17/2018 9:00am
Yes, this new format has a terminology problem. How can there be 6 "Main" events? They are no longer significant as a "main" when there are...
Yes, this new format has a terminology problem. How can there be 6 "Main" events? They are no longer significant as a "main" when there are 6 of them. In threads here they are already being referred to(correctly) as "Moto's".

And just like outdoors, Overall is the correct terminology for the end result.

The terminology fail is as bad as "Lite's".

Wrong by definition there is now 6 cock fights instead of 2 Smile

1/17/2018 2:16pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
On the top of the box? A win might give some confidence depending on by how much they win by. If they don't treat it like...
On the top of the box? A win might give some confidence depending on by how much they win by. If they don't treat it like a win maybe not.
Top of the box for a short moto? Then not on the box for the actual MAIN results.

Right?
FlaNard
1/17/2018 4:20pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2018 4:21pm
Startercross to the extreme!!! Three motos!!! No passes for the lead!!!
yz133rider
1/17/2018 4:48pm
FlaNard wrote:
at least all the racing is for actual points and not gate pick in the main.
Coyote
1/17/2018 6:15pm
FlaNard wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
at least all the racing is for actual points and not gate pick in the main.
Both the 250 and 450 classes will run three separate Main Events of various durations during the night show. The scoring for the overall results will be Olympic style, with a first-place finish in a Main Event earning a rider one point, an eighth-place finish in a Main Event earning a rider eight points, and a twenty-second place finish earning a rider twenty-two points. The rider with the lowest total points at the conclusion of the night will be awarded the overall victory.

Post a reply to: If one of the triple crown motos are only 10 minutes

The Latest