If he builds it will you come?

olds cool
Edited Date/Time 9/22/2015 7:13pm
http://www.lincolntimesnews.com/2015/09/14/businessman-wants-to-build-e…

I hope he makes it because I am only 20 min away. Sounds a little overly ambitious to me though.
|
9/16/2015 5:55am
I will. Would be my Nov - March spot as NCMP will never get another penny of my money.
Roostermx58
9/16/2015 6:06am
I saw this. I hope it goes through. Seems like NC is becoming the new CA with the teams and tracks in the area.
olds cool
9/16/2015 8:22am
I don't think counting on having a national as part of his presentation to the local PTB is a wise move, unless he is DC's uncle or first cousin.
Panic_Rev
9/16/2015 8:40am
This makes me want to go back to school! Can you imagine the cost for liability insurance?

The Shop

Charper732
9/16/2015 8:42am
He had to make it sound ambitious to help convince the county to rezone it. Claiming education reasons and that he could get a national would bring a massive amount of money to the county...

It's all politics.

I'd like to know who his investors are...no way he could pull that off with his own wallet.
9/16/2015 9:17am
I'll be there every weekend in the winter, hope this ends up happening
TomZ
Fantasy
4428th
9/16/2015 9:43am
olds cool wrote:
I don't think counting on having a national as part of his presentation to the local PTB is a wise move, unless he is DC's uncle...
I don't think counting on having a national as part of his presentation to the local PTB is a wise move, unless he is DC's uncle or first cousin.
A national race does not necessarily mean an MxSports - RedBull AMA national.

Mammoth, Mini O's, Vet Worlds and others would be considered "national" races that don't fall under the MxSports umbrella.

That isn't intended to speak for DC and his possible interest under the right circumstances (I would guess)

An extremely ambitious project in any case.
olds cool
9/16/2015 10:01am
olds cool wrote:
I don't think counting on having a national as part of his presentation to the local PTB is a wise move, unless he is DC's uncle...
TomZ wrote:
A national race does not necessarily mean an MxSports - RedBull AMA national. Mammoth, Mini O's, Vet Worlds and others would be considered "national" races that...

Mammoth, Mini O's, Vet Worlds and others would be considered "national" races that don't fall under the MxSports umbrella.

That isn't intended to speak for DC and his possible interest under the right circumstances (I would guess)

Very true but in the article he was talking about the TV coverage that is involved with these "national" events. Even my little 'ole pea brain knows what gets TV coverage and what doesn't. I haven't seen coverage of Mammoth or the Mini O's on the tube yet...
9/16/2015 10:45am
olds cool wrote:
Bro, it's all for the good of the sport...
TomZ
Fantasy
4428th
9/16/2015 10:55am
olds cool wrote:
TomZ wrote:
A national race does not necessarily mean an MxSports - RedBull AMA national. Mammoth, Mini O's, Vet Worlds and others would be considered "national" races that...

olds cool wrote:
Very true but in the article he was talking about the TV coverage that is involved with these "national" events. Even my little 'ole pea brain...
Very true but in the article he was talking about the TV coverage that is involved with these "national" events. Even my little 'ole pea brain knows what gets TV coverage and what doesn't. I haven't seen coverage of Mammoth or the Mini O's on the tube yet...
Unless you have the opportunity to leverage some Nascar relationships and buy some TV time.

The vision laid out in that article will take a deep financial well and perseverance that not many people can muster.

Success may depend on who buys into that vision.
Mini Elsinore
9/16/2015 11:47am
I saw this. I hope it goes through. Seems like NC is becoming the new CA with the teams and tracks in the area.
NC has to wait it's turn. The factories have to relocate from California to Texas first! And, our friends in Florida will hasten to note the pro training facilities that are concentrated there. No cutting in line, here, North Carolina! Wink
suzook241
9/16/2015 11:53am
I will. Would be my Nov - March spot as NCMP will never get another penny of my money.
why so?
JeremyL
9/16/2015 12:21pm
Hour and a half from home? Yes please. Even if I wasn't riding I would make the trip.
Tbteam
9/16/2015 1:13pm
About an hour from my vacation place on Lake Norman. I'll be there!
JBlain619
9/16/2015 1:43pm
Hope it happens. This would be awesome. I would make the 8 hr trip at least twice a month in the winters.
CHaynes
9/16/2015 5:28pm
I will definitely be there! My folks live in Concord and we make trips down multiple times through out the winter to ride. Usually go to MX 421 or to Club MX. It would be great to have another reason to travel down there in the winter! Sure its an ambitious goal, but I think some people may have skimmed the article and not read all the text. It appears that Mr. Schnell already owns the facility. He also owned a NASCAR race team. If you have taken a tour of a NASCAR race shop you will quickly see that its primarily wealthy people that own the teams (Rich people sponsor the teams). Plus insurance would vary based on how all this zoning plays out. If it is a "Members Only" type club like MX 421, then the insurance would be a little more affordable. As it was explained to me, selling the memberships and pitching it to insurance companies as a membership based facility they were able to secure cheaper insurance rates for the track. Just what I was told so don't shoot the messenger. Either way, this is great news for moto and I hope for the best.
NESC838
9/16/2015 6:30pm
Less than 30 miles from my house. Would love to see this come together.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
9/16/2015 7:09pm
Cuirous why? Tired of the blue grove?
olds cool
9/16/2015 10:38pm
Interesting side story about Whitehouse, the company that once operated in the warehouse that is the subject of this story: Back in the late '90's, early '00's, not sure of the exact dates, Whitehouse sponsored a car in the old NASCAR Goody's Dash series, which at the time was the "entry level" touring series in NASCAR. The driver was a guy named Robert Huffman. Robert was the dominant driver in the series during that time and won 5 Dash championships. His early success in that series got the attention of a certain automobile manufacturer, who started supporting him in 2001. In 2003, three years after starting it's NASCAR program from scratch, Robert delivered this manufacturer it's first NASCAR touring championship. That manufacturer was Toyota. I realize that most on here don't give two s#!+$ about NASCAR, but I thought it was interesting to note the role that Whitehouse played in the entrance of Toyota into NASCAR. Factor in the relationship Mr Schnell has with JGR, the top Toyota team in NASCAR and Toyota's support and involvement with JGRMX and you have a nice little "circle of life" with this property once again being involved (indirectly of course) with Toyota.

On another note, the article says that Schnell's 14 year old son Brantley is "one of the country's top young motocross racers." I don't know the answer to this question, so I'm not bashing the kid, but is he? I'm admittedly not that knowledgeable of who's who among the amateur scene, so I was just curious if anybody here has heard of him.
CHaynes
9/17/2015 7:18pm
Did anyone catch that the zoning administrator's name is Randy Hawkins? I wonder if its the former off road super star.
Canerat
9/17/2015 9:16pm
Well, with the next recession predicted to hit the USA hard by 2018 this guy is taking huge risk.

The world is already in the shit and with all these migrants fucking the EU up we are headed for even harder times.
Ridelow
Fantasy
201st
9/18/2015 5:03am
Canerat wrote:
Well, with the next recession predicted to hit the USA hard by 2018 this guy is taking huge risk. The world is already in the shit...
Well, with the next recession predicted to hit the USA hard by 2018 this guy is taking huge risk.

The world is already in the shit and with all these migrants fucking the EU up we are headed for even harder times.
Sorry but OFT:
Yeah.. those migrants fucking up the EU.. Read up bro.. From a macroeconomic standpoint Germany and eastern EU is in deep need of population growth, so for them Migrants is a good thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvOnXh3NN9w

Look at Italy, Guess the top 5 common last names of entrepreneurs making businesses creating jobs and making the economic grow..
Hu, Chen, Singh, Rossi and then Wang.. Only one Italian in their top 5 list. weird but true.. Immigrants and migrants can be a good thing if you have an open mind and a good healthy political reforms so people can add to the national economy not just freeload..
http://qz.com/490867/the-most-common-surnames-of-new-entrepreneurs-in-i…
The Largest concern in the EU right not and what is splitting the region is fear of the unknown and change..

OnTopic:
Awesome plan and the world needs more people like him. Cable parks, Climbing parks and skate parks have all shown that they are sustainable. But I hope his location is close enough to a big enough demographic. Hope it turns into something real and does not turn into a victim of US-Lawyer-food back and forth..

Post a reply to: If he builds it will you come?

The Latest