If everyone was on Electric bikes at A1

FeetUp
7/19/2019 9:32pm
After last year, never going again......

Max D
7/19/2019 10:06pm
A lot of people post on a “racing forum” that don’t really seem to be that into the actual racing..
It just depends on what a person’s perspective of racing is. I don’t just enjoy trying to be faster and make passes. I want my money’s worth and get the whole package. Sound, smell, and vibration of the motor.

The Shop

Ingjr1
7/19/2019 11:53pm Edited Date/Time 7/19/2019 11:55pm
I'd go. They tried to kill the sport with expensive, unreliable 4 strokes. The sport and 4 strokes evolved and it's now as good as it always was. Still miss the 2 strokes. Early 60's were 4 strokes, mid to late 60's 2 strokes and 4 strokes, 70's, 80's and 90's 2 strokes and now we are back to 4 strokes. Yes, I was there for all of them. Yes, I was around for all of them.
7/19/2019 11:57pm
A lot of people post on a “racing forum” that don’t really seem to be that into the actual racing..
Max D wrote:
It just depends on what a person’s perspective of racing is. I don’t just enjoy trying to be faster and make passes. I want my money’s...
It just depends on what a person’s perspective of racing is. I don’t just enjoy trying to be faster and make passes. I want my money’s worth and get the whole package. Sound, smell, and vibration of the motor.
I love the smell when you walk into the stadium and the sound of the bikes on the line definitely gets the heart racing.. but at the end of the day I go for the action of the guys racing around the track
Dropbear
7/20/2019 2:35am
Yep, no problem for me. As long as the racing is good, method of propulsion doesn’t bother me.
jemcee
7/20/2019 2:42am
If the sound bothered me I woulda stopped when 4 strokes started racing (again)
dimetime
7/20/2019 7:26am
Max D wrote:
It just depends on what a person’s perspective of racing is. I don’t just enjoy trying to be faster and make passes. I want my money’s...
I love the smell when you walk into the stadium and the sound of the bikes on the line definitely gets the heart racing.. but at...
I love the smell when you walk into the stadium and the sound of the bikes on the line definitely gets the heart racing.. but at the end of the day I go for the action of the guys racing around the track
I just want you to know that this doesn't make you more hardcore, more bad ass, more of a fan than anyone here who wouldn't go. It just makes tou a sucker for every half assed idea of someone elses that you latch on too.

I'm voting my conscious as well and making the fucking statement that if the sport thinks this is their way out of the mess they've created then adios motherfuckers. Even as a lifetime fan, going back to the early seventies, there's a line you just don't cross. I love the racing, l hate the PC nut gargling and l won't be part of any retarded virtue signaling.
peltier626
7/20/2019 7:32am Edited Date/Time 7/20/2019 7:34am
The question should be "If the premier guys were all on 250cc bike's (any stroke) would you still go?" E-bikes @A1 next year is silly and not the direction or purpose for the E-bike.
Enabler
7/20/2019 8:36am
I didn't count the actual responses but looks roughly 50 50 on attending if they switched to ebikes at Anaheim. I suspect it's lower than that.

They might do OK first year due to curiosity but the races following Anaheim and the following year would be a disaster once it becomes known how awful the experience is when compared to traditional Supercross racing.

Did you bother to watch that Formula E vs F1 video that has been posted? How could you or anyone watch that and then state that the sound doesn't matter?

This will kill the sport of Supercross/motocross. This is way different from going from 2 stroke to 4 stroke. I have zero interest in watching that style of "racing".
peltier626
7/20/2019 8:43am
E-bikes will not replace the Internal combustion engine any time in the near future. It will simply be another option.
BobPA
7/20/2019 9:11am
We will finally be able to hear what the mechanics are yelling in the riders ear while they sit on the line. We will also be able to hear the riders yell at each other on track.
VetMX.com
7/20/2019 11:10am
I miss the sounds of the old F1 cars.

I am also looking forward to an E bike with 100 foot lbs of torque too though.
Going to Reliant Stadium now with the 4 strokes just gives me a headache where the 2 strokes didn't.
cable
7/20/2019 11:17am
if they were lightweight and turn good at least we would see more corner passes like the 2 stroke days.
loftyair
7/20/2019 11:39am
I already don't listen. Jeff, grant, weege, I like to hear them, but the motor sound is now limp. I jam tunes and watch.
SEEMEFIRST
7/20/2019 12:55pm
Enabler wrote:
I didn't count the actual responses but looks roughly 50 50 on attending if they switched to ebikes at Anaheim. I suspect it's lower than that...
I didn't count the actual responses but looks roughly 50 50 on attending if they switched to ebikes at Anaheim. I suspect it's lower than that.

They might do OK first year due to curiosity but the races following Anaheim and the following year would be a disaster once it becomes known how awful the experience is when compared to traditional Supercross racing.

Did you bother to watch that Formula E vs F1 video that has been posted? How could you or anyone watch that and then state that the sound doesn't matter?

This will kill the sport of Supercross/motocross. This is way different from going from 2 stroke to 4 stroke. I have zero interest in watching that style of "racing".
Sadly that's an old F-1 car, and they don't sound like that any more.
devotid
Fantasy
315th
7/20/2019 1:11pm
I remember the sound of my first "custom pipe" for my KX80 and the smell of Klotz.

I remember walking into the Pontiac Silverdome in the early 90's with my family and hearing Doug Henrys four stroke going through the woops among all other 2 smokes. Wump wump wump wump wump. I was blown away as a 11 year old kid.

Then I heard my first electric bike...... But I really dont remember it.

No thanks.
Motodave15
7/20/2019 2:54pm
Yes i would go, I like racing

I like forumla E racing too... but generally the last 15 laps, because their batterys are running down and its kinda exciting on t.v.

I've been to F1 race before and that shit is awesome too, because all your sense are involved.

Moto and Electric, will go together smoothly because alot of people hate motorcycles sound... (we all love it) but the ones who dont, Dont like a single bit of them.
BobbyM
7/20/2019 3:13pm
Hypothetically, if all the riders switched at the end of this year and every brand had them etc Would you still want to see the racing...
Hypothetically, if all the riders switched at the end of this year and every brand had them etc
Would you still want to see the racing? Would you go?
Seems to be a lot of people here who think it will make racing boring.
I personally love the racing and don’t care about the sound.
Only if they all had playing cards and clothes pins stuck on the spokes, front and rear.
LappedU
7/20/2019 3:30pm
We race R/C offroad twice a week and the place goes nuts for any descent battle, but that's in a small area where all the drivers pits and cars are all located, not sure about the excitement level in a huge stadium!?
jonesaustin
7/20/2019 3:33pm
the sound has been gone for 20 years already. we have zero to lose at this point. plus with electric we’ll “finally” start seeing early 80’s HRC-level designs again
SCR
7/20/2019 3:43pm
No, nope, not a chance, no way jose, not gonna do it. Not even gonna watch it on tv. Don't even try it.
BobPA
7/20/2019 6:54pm
the sound has been gone for 20 years already. we have zero to lose at this point. plus with electric we’ll “finally” start seeing early 80’s...
the sound has been gone for 20 years already. we have zero to lose at this point. plus with electric we’ll “finally” start seeing early 80’s HRC-level designs again
I think factory 250f's at full song sound incredible.
Fourth_Floor
7/20/2019 9:45pm
I'm all aboard the ebike train and will 100% be buying that Honda as soon as it is available. Being able to ride wherever and whenever (whether it's legal or not) is extremely appealing.

That being said, I don't know if I love the idea of watching an entire field of electrics racing. I wouldn't care if I'm watching the race on TV, but being there in person, I think I'd miss the smell and sound. Would they even let them race professionally? How safe are the batteries riding at a pro level with huge crashes and heavy contact from other riders? A single 18650 cell is pretty damn violent if you've ever seen one blow up let alone 200 of them, or however many are in those packs. It doesn't seem impossible for a footpeg or something to pierce the battery pack causing some sort of hard short.

Also, you know for a fact some dipshit is going to try tinkering with the battery pack, whether they're trying to hot rod it or fix a bad cell or something and blow themselves up.

Post a reply to: If everyone was on Electric bikes at A1

The Latest