If everyone was on Electric bikes at A1

Edited Date/Time 7/20/2019 9:45pm
Hypothetically, if all the riders switched at the end of this year and every brand had them etc
Would you still want to see the racing? Would you go?
Seems to be a lot of people here who think it will make racing boring.
I personally love the racing and don’t care about the sound.
|
CivBars
7/19/2019 6:28pm
I'd still go. Maybe even for more time during the event or even to more than 1 round. I didn't boycott watching friends and family race mountain bikes and BMX because it was quiet.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
7/19/2019 6:32pm
I was just at the Formula E (Indy Car Style) Electric race in NYC and it was weird. With no sound and smell it was a different experience. I feel like it lost some excitement, lost the buttery flys in my stomach when the race starts.

The positives was that my parents went and we had a full conversation the whole time. It was kind of funny they had to play music behind the announcers to add some feel and keep the intensity up. Without sound it could open up racing to areas like in downtown LA on the streets or Time Square.

After being there, it stamped it in my mind that combustion engine racing will never go away. I think they can live together, but never disappear.

The Shop

Doddy
7/19/2019 6:37pm
Nope.

O/P You should add a poll option. I bet the results would surprise a few people.
Patrick461
7/19/2019 6:43pm
I can’t wait to haul my e bike in the back of my e truck. Four strokes suck especially 250f the lites bike effectively turned 70% of the casual rides and races out of the sport. I had lots of friends who rode 125 for years. Made the switch to 250f blew them up once or twice and sold everything
mikec265
7/19/2019 7:22pm
Everyone will be on electric bikes at A1....

In the KTM mini race.
mxtech1
7/19/2019 7:25pm
Will I miss the sound and smell of ICE bikes....yes of course, who wouldn't?

But I am diehard fan of motorcycles and racing, more than anything. I will absolutely continue to support the sport. In fact, I encourage it. eDrive is the next revolution. It is more novel than what was the 2 to 4 stroke revolution.

After electric becomes the new norm, I don't see most of us living long enough to see the next prime mover revolution post electric drive. That's cool as shit to say when you're older that you lived through the 2 to 4 stroke revolution and the eDrive revolution.

Wait until one of the OEMs does electric really well (give KTM 7-10 years with it). They are going to make ICE bikes of today look extremely crude in terms of power and efficiency. ALTA was on the right path but they just don't have the resources that the bigger companies do.
mxtech1
7/19/2019 7:27pm
mikec265 wrote:
Everyone will be on electric bikes at A1....

In the KTM mini race.
KTM is going to murder the mini market with electric minis
7/19/2019 7:33pm
I mean, it may even the field out and provide better racing, look at how exciting RBSR was with everyone on 2 strokes
7/19/2019 7:46pm
Worst thing that could ever happen to our sport ! I would boycott it right away ! I understand the electric bike for the woods and i’m fine with it but don’t bring the electric bike to the Mx & Sx competition ever
77Moto
7/19/2019 7:47pm
Nope. After they brought in 2 strokes to RBSR, that's really the only race I actually get excited about, except the 125 all star races on YT when they post it.

For the regular nats and sx, I just watch the highlights for the last 15 years and barely even that.

If it was E bikes, I tried watching formula E once. I lasted about 1/4 of a lap and that was it.

I'd rather hear my phone vibrate on the table.

soggy
Fantasy
3846th
7/19/2019 7:48pm
Worst thing that could ever happen to our sport ! I would boycott it right away ! I understand the electric bike for the woods and...
Worst thing that could ever happen to our sport ! I would boycott it right away ! I understand the electric bike for the woods and i’m fine with it but don’t bring the electric bike to the Mx & Sx competition ever
electric bikes make less sense for woods than they do for mx/sx
mxtech1
7/19/2019 7:52pm
77Moto wrote:
Nope. After they brought in 2 strokes to RBSR, that's really the only race I actually get excited about, except the 125 all star races on...
Nope. After they brought in 2 strokes to RBSR, that's really the only race I actually get excited about, except the 125 all star races on YT when they post it.

For the regular nats and sx, I just watch the highlights for the last 15 years and barely even that.

If it was E bikes, I tried watching formula E once. I lasted about 1/4 of a lap and that was it.

Formula E drivers are not premier race car drivers. Consider it the world's "B" class of car racing.

Put formula 1 drivers in the formula E cars and it's still going to be great racing.
level
7/19/2019 8:15pm
People will adjust. We went from bitching about 2 strokes and it was fine. I don’t miss the bumblebee sound of two dozen two strokes.
It will be a different experience but will be cool and evolve.
Excaliburbmx
7/19/2019 8:17pm
I would want a refund. In ten years they still won’t catch on. I have yet to see one here in the Midwest. And I really don’t want to see one.
JM485
7/19/2019 8:34pm
mxtech1 wrote:
Will I miss the sound and smell of ICE bikes....yes of course, who wouldn't? But I am diehard fan of motorcycles and racing, more than anything...
Will I miss the sound and smell of ICE bikes....yes of course, who wouldn't?

But I am diehard fan of motorcycles and racing, more than anything. I will absolutely continue to support the sport. In fact, I encourage it. eDrive is the next revolution. It is more novel than what was the 2 to 4 stroke revolution.

After electric becomes the new norm, I don't see most of us living long enough to see the next prime mover revolution post electric drive. That's cool as shit to say when you're older that you lived through the 2 to 4 stroke revolution and the eDrive revolution.

Wait until one of the OEMs does electric really well (give KTM 7-10 years with it). They are going to make ICE bikes of today look extremely crude in terms of power and efficiency. ALTA was on the right path but they just don't have the resources that the bigger companies do.
I love how you're getting down votes, everything you said is 100% dead on to anyone who's put any serious thought and consideration into the current state of things. We're reaching the infection point of a second machine age driven by the exponential increases in processing power, in the coming years things are going to get VERY interesting.
milamcreek
7/19/2019 8:38pm
Hypothetically, if all the riders switched at the end of this year and every brand had them etc Would you still want to see the racing...
Hypothetically, if all the riders switched at the end of this year and every brand had them etc
Would you still want to see the racing? Would you go?
Seems to be a lot of people here who think it will make racing boring.
I personally love the racing and don’t care about the sound.
Dude do you own some stock in some form of alternative energy coalition. I mean get over it already. Ebikes is the final nail in the coffin of our great sport.
as far as the A drivers getting into Formula E cars they know that would be a death sentence for their careers.
No one is buying the BS you're pushing.
7/19/2019 8:54pm
I guess if everyone that doesn’t want to watch the racing anymore will also stop posting on vital too?
Could be a good thing for this site.. jus sayin 🤪
peltier626
7/19/2019 8:56pm
Wrong perspective. Think of E-bikes as the gateway drug and Anaheim 1 as the holy grail.
Max D
7/19/2019 9:03pm Edited Date/Time 7/19/2019 9:05pm
Wouldn’t go or watch. Dirtbike sounds are therapy for me, 2 or 4 stroke, doesn’t matter. No sound or smell of race fuel is just tragic!
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
7/19/2019 9:07pm
Football, baseball, basketball games all still have plenty of noise and intensity when you are in the crowd and there are no engine sounds.

Yes it would be weird and would take a long time to get used to, But people would adapt.
77Moto
7/19/2019 9:12pm
77Moto wrote:
Nope. After they brought in 2 strokes to RBSR, that's really the only race I actually get excited about, except the 125 all star races on...

mxtech1 wrote:
Formula E drivers are not premier race car drivers. Consider it the world's "B" class of car racing. Put formula 1 drivers in the formula E...
Formula E drivers are not premier race car drivers. Consider it the world's "B" class of car racing.

Put formula 1 drivers in the formula E cars and it's still going to be great racing.
Formula E is hideous!

https://youtu.be/ywR4AYqPXz4
7/19/2019 9:30pm
A lot of people post on a “racing forum” that don’t really seem to be that into the actual racing..

Post a reply to: If everyone was on Electric bikes at A1

The Latest