If anyone knows where the GP guys are prepping stateside

crowe176
If anyone hears of any local tracks to RedBud where the MXON teams will be prepping the week prior, let us know. Would happily pay to watch these guys cut lines in some local tracks.. Martin, Dutch, Big Air, Motoland etc!!
|
JD167
9/10/2018 3:29pm
Something tells me you shouldn't hold your breath but watching cairoli or herlings tear up dutch would make for one hell of a story for the grand kids hahahaha
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
9/10/2018 4:05pm Edited Date/Time 9/10/2018 4:05pm
Wonder if Martin will have a closed door event
GODZILLA
9/10/2018 4:57pm
The french technical director said he's not even sure they'll have time to ride prior to the event due to the time schedule, since they have the final GP in Italy on the previous sunday, won't be in the US before wednesday and have to put the bikes together and get everything ready.
DonM
9/10/2018 5:34pm
Probably won't see too many as their last GP is the weekend before

The Shop

9/10/2018 9:29pm
DonM wrote:
Indeed and that's a pretty big disadvantage for them. The logistics of getting the riders & teams to US after the GP at Imola on Sunday evening, plus prepping, crating & shipping the bikes won't be easy. There's the jet lag from the 6 hour time difference to overcome too.

Sure, they do fly aways quite a lot during the season but this time it won't be with their usual teams or with their familiar logistical support.
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
9/10/2018 10:33pm
It's not like they have to ride the exact same bikes both weekends. The teams can easily send other bikes ahead and staff to prep them so the riders can hit the ground running when they show up.
msp138
9/11/2018 5:05am
JD167 wrote:
Something tells me you shouldn't hold your breath but watching cairoli or herlings tear up dutch would make for one hell of a story for the...
Something tells me you shouldn't hold your breath but watching cairoli or herlings tear up dutch would make for one hell of a story for the grand kids hahahaha
I had Mike LaRoco pass me at Dutch at the height of his career. So unbelievably fast.
JD167
9/11/2018 8:51am
JD167 wrote:
Something tells me you shouldn't hold your breath but watching cairoli or herlings tear up dutch would make for one hell of a story for the...
msp138 wrote:
I had Mike LaRoco pass me at Dutch at the height of his career. So unbelievably fast.
thats badass, larocco is the man.
keinz
9/11/2018 9:29am
FGR01 wrote:
It's not like they have to ride the exact same bikes both weekends. The teams can easily send other bikes ahead and staff to prep them...
It's not like they have to ride the exact same bikes both weekends. The teams can easily send other bikes ahead and staff to prep them so the riders can hit the ground running when they show up.
Do you really think that national or GP teams have the bikes laying around to send them to US?
wreckitrandy
9/11/2018 11:05am
GODZILLA wrote:
The french technical director said he's not even sure they'll have time to ride prior to the event due to the time schedule, since they have...
The french technical director said he's not even sure they'll have time to ride prior to the event due to the time schedule, since they have the final GP in Italy on the previous sunday, won't be in the US before wednesday and have to put the bikes together and get everything ready.
DV might could have helped with sourcing bikes and a place to ride, you know, if he would have been allowed to breathe the same air as the team.
FuzzyLogic
9/11/2018 1:50pm
FGR01 wrote:
It's not like they have to ride the exact same bikes both weekends. The teams can easily send other bikes ahead and staff to prep them...
keinz wrote:
Do you really think that national or GP teams have the bikes laying around to send them to US?
I don't KNOW that they do, but I would be surprised if they don't have an extra bike or 2 around. You can't tell me that they aren't prepared with backups if Herlings or Cairoli wad up a bike or 2 each weekend. At the minimum send over rolling frames and bring the "race" motors at a later date closer to the race.
9/11/2018 2:00pm
Paulin's MXdN bike is already built, I doubt they are going to have it sit there till after the last GP then be in a mad dash to get it crated and to the US. It'll probably be on it's way to the US within the next couple of weeks along with plenty other GP riders bikes.
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
9/12/2018 4:49pm
FGR01 wrote:
keinz wrote:
Understand that the teams don't even really think of a "bike" in the same way us mortals do. Considering that they completely frame the "bike" every week and rebuild with many new parts, it's almost inaccurate to call it the same bike week to week. More accurately, the teams have a very large collection of parts and at any given time have enough parts to build quite a few bikes.

Case in point, when a rider is out injured and the announcers say "Josh Grant is riding Tomac's bike", well, it's probably not literally the same bike at all.

So, yes, they have enough parts laying around to build a few bikes and send them.
9/12/2018 4:51pm
DonM wrote:
Indeed and that's a pretty big disadvantage for them. The logistics of getting the riders & teams to US after the GP at Imola on Sunday...
Indeed and that's a pretty big disadvantage for them. The logistics of getting the riders & teams to US after the GP at Imola on Sunday evening, plus prepping, crating & shipping the bikes won't be easy. There's the jet lag from the 6 hour time difference to overcome too.

Sure, they do fly aways quite a lot during the season but this time it won't be with their usual teams or with their familiar logistical support.
They also have less off time after racing before mxdn so that could also be an advantage
kkawboy14
9/12/2018 4:59pm Edited Date/Time 9/12/2018 4:59pm
It’s not very hard to ship a dirt bike. Some of you guys are acting like they are shipping a Cruiseship

Post a reply to: If anyone knows where the GP guys are prepping stateside

The Latest