If Wacko wins, will he take the 5, 7, 8 or 9?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/3/2017 8:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/3/2017 8:48 AM

Assuming, Stew does something to keep the 7 and doesn't retire and pops up at MEC, I wonder if Zacho goes for the single if he wins the Outdoors. I could see him taking the 5. Will be interesting. Of course, you gotta win first but it seems like Wackos year.

If Stew doesn't talk to someone I guess the 7 may be on the list as well but I don't see that happening until he actually retires.

|

7/3/2017 8:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/3/2017 10:13 AM

5 won't be offered to anyone next year and neither will 7, I'd say. That's just how the AMA works. With Zach running 338 through his career, I could see him taking 8.

|

7/3/2017 8:40 AM

Yes, much ty

|

7/3/2017 8:40 AM

He would probably take 338 if they would let him.

|

Official member of the ElHombre fan club

Team MooseCAN

7/3/2017 8:47 AM

7 should be open according to the rules.

|

7/3/2017 8:50 AM

8 would be cool. Not since GL!!

|

7/3/2017 8:54 AM

Jt$ wrote:

And should be taken by the next available rider. That way, if Stewart ever came back he could go back to the 259. The planets would come back into alignment, if only for a moment.

|

7/3/2017 8:59 AM

someone has to snatch the #7....is it possible Barcia could get that #7 if he wanted?...who else can pick the #7?

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

7/3/2017 9:06 AM

8 or 9 are ready for someone today to put their stamp on it and make it a reference to them vs in the current flow be connected to another rider.

|

7/3/2017 9:07 AM

I'd guess the 8...

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

7/3/2017 9:09 AM

dsmith wrote:

someone has to snatch the #7....is it possible Barcia could get that #7 if he wanted?...who else can pick the #7?

Riders who can pick 7 that aren't running a single digit already:

Reed
Canard
Wilson
Roczen

|

7/3/2017 9:09 AM

twotwosix wrote:

5 won't be offered to anyone next year and neither will 7, I'd say. That's just how the AMA works. With Zach running 338 through his career, I could see him taking 8.

5 won't be available anyway. Dungey scored points in 2017, so the next available year will be 2019.

|

7/3/2017 9:12 AM

I kinda see him sticking with the 16. Weather he wins or not. Maybe?

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

7/3/2017 9:14 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

Reed
Canard
Wilson
Roczen

How ruthless would it be if Reed were to take #7 for next season?

|

7/3/2017 9:22 AM

Jt$ wrote:

newmann wrote:

And should be taken by the next available rider. That way, if Stewart ever came back he could go back to the 259. The planets would come back into alignment, if only for a moment.

While we're dreaming,,,,, what if he comes back on a smoker?!!! If I were KTM, I would put James on a factory 250SX with fuel injection and traction control. Use a works bike exemption or something. This is a no lose scenario for KTM. Lots of potential upside.

|

7/3/2017 9:32 AM

dsmith wrote:

TDeath21 wrote:

Reed
Canard
Wilson
Roczen

Ah. Not sure that's how it works.

Isn't it you win? Not have won? In any case, each of those guys chose a career number, maybe Deano doesn't have a reason for 15 but the others all mean more than a number.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/3/2017 9:33 AM

So 5 is out. Right. 7 is questionable. I'm assuming until Stew actually retires he will keep that number, although technically, JT is correct. I don't see it though.

My money's on 8 if he wins.

|

7/3/2017 9:35 AM

I thought it was if you win, not if you've won. You get your chance when you win but not later.

I think.

|

7/3/2017 9:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/3/2017 9:49 AM

Jt$ wrote:

Should JT. Should. lol We all know the AMA does as they please... I bet they hold 7 for James if he says he wants to come back at A1. They held RC's #4 for a while unjustly.

|

7/3/2017 9:42 AM

dsmith wrote:

TDeath21 wrote:

Reed
Canard
Wilson
Roczen

Crush wrote:

Ah. Not sure that's how it works.

Isn't it you win? Not have won? In any case, each of those guys chose a career number, maybe Deano doesn't have a reason for 15 but the others all mean more than a number.

Stewart started with 259 then switched to 7. But I guess it's possible they've changed the rules since then.

|

7/3/2017 10:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/3/2017 10:11 AM

dsmith wrote:

TDeath21 wrote:

Reed
Canard
Wilson
Roczen

ga_pike wrote:

How ruthless would it be if Reed were to take #7 for next season?

That would be a troll of epic proportions

|

Washed up Canadian ex-pro couch racer. Selling bikes for a living

2008 KTM 525XC
2009 KTM 450SX
2016 YFZ450R

7/3/2017 10:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/3/2017 10:59 AM

flatout111 wrote:

So 5 is out. Right. 7 is questionable. I'm assuming until Stew actually retires he will keep that number, although technically, JT is correct. I don't see it though.

My money's on 8 if he wins.

I'm not sure why they would reserve the 7 for Stewart, since he's been M.I.A. this year. I could understand giving him an exception if he's been coming out to the races or keeping fans updated on his plans, etc.

But we haven't heard anything. Rules say you have to earn 25 points or be injured to keep your number. Stew hasn't done either.

On the other hand, I can't imagine anybody taking his number this year - out of respect.

|

7/3/2017 11:01 AM

This "permanent" numbering system doesn't work at all in moto where the careers are so much shorter than in NASCAR. I mean, the #2 is for MC right? I mean RV right?? Ooopss, I mean Webb??? Seriously, it is never a good thing to take ideas from NASCAR, just say'n...

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

7/3/2017 12:23 PM

Run what you earn, if you want a current #, get out there.

|

7/3/2017 1:52 PM

mxb2 wrote:

This ^

|

7/3/2017 1:54 PM

mxb2 wrote:

It's how we do it up here and it's been that way for a long time. The first 10 numbers are reserve for the first ten 450 guys, 11 is reserved for the 250 champion in case he decides to move up to the 450 class after the that it's based on the points you earned.

Seems to be working fine and gives you an extra thing to shoot for each year.

I like that system.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/3/2017 2:02 PM

the numbering system is so confusing...

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

7/3/2017 2:22 PM

I'll bet if Zach asked Dungey, and he didn't care, the AMA would probably allow him to have the number 5 since Ryan is most definitely retired.

|

7/3/2017 2:29 PM

Anybody else think that you should have to win a 450 championship to earn a single-digit number?

|

7/3/2017 4:02 PM

dsmith wrote:

the numbering system is so confusing...

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll change it again in a year-or-so.

My favorite part of the season is never knowing which riders are which after watching 70 hours of racing.

|