If Tomac punts Webb

downard254
4/14/2019 11:54am
Everybody thought it was cool when Osborne cleaned out Savatgy. Can’t see why it’d be any different in this situation.
Yes but what made that so cool was Osborne was down in the first turn and made that pass in the second to last turn. I think the come from behind to win the title was what had folks pumped up, not so much the way he passed.
kpiper
4/14/2019 12:33pm
Everybody thought it was cool when Osborne cleaned out Savatgy. Can’t see why it’d be any different in this situation.
I like ZO16 and the way he rides but the truth is the AMA should have docked him for that move on JS17. That was a 'punt' for sure. If everyone raced like that all the time there would be no 'racing' just roller derby. And you can't excuse it just because it was for the title. Just like what MM did to Tomac last year. You have no racing if people do that.

For all the ET haters and what he did in Vegas. That was totally different. He did not take out anyone. He tried to cause some chaos that would result in Dungey getting pushed back to 4th or worse. Not to take him out.
cmotodad
4/14/2019 8:50pm
Feel sorry for the guys that think Tomac doesn't know how to punt someone. ANY PRO has the talent to clean anyone when they're close enough. To me it's obvious MM has been given orders to let the CW2 incident in the past be put to rest. CW2 puts himself in a position to get punted when he tries to push it after he's been passed. If he does it again, Eli has the chance to punt him into the cheap seats without regard. Hannah would have no problem punting races ago. Chicken, Bradshaw and others back in the day wouldn't think twice about rubbing and then some for a championship.
4/15/2019 12:16am
I’m not a Cooper fan. I spent many years in NC and his attitude models perfectly with the crappy kids they’re raising there. One of my best friends is born and raised in NC so this isn’t an indictment of all things NC, just the crap he represents.

That said we, especially I, forget he is only 23 and he has the maturity of a 23 year old. Tomac was 23/ 24 when he tried to wreck Dungey. As much as I think Tomac’s behavior was unprofessional, his maturity, at that time, needs to be factored into the equation as well.

I can only hope that the 20 year olds wreck each other off the track. It’s in Coopers nature because his history shows that’s the kind of rider he is.

The Shop

Post a reply to: If Tomac punts Webb

The Latest